1. #4361
    Over 9000! ringpriest's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Silk Road
    Posts
    9,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Just gonna lean into the mic, not say this at anyone in particular but just shout it into the void because I wanna get it off my chest.

    ahem

    Cis is not a slur you fucking idiots, it's just another instance of bad faith fuckheads wresting language - in this case the word 'slur' - away from people they're oppressing to dilute its meaning. This isn't any different then when they started shitting out the word Groomer at every chance they got.
    It's part of the classic abuser pattern of DARVO (Deny, Attack, Reverse Victim and Offender). It's really sickening/terrifying how much the behavior of America's right-wing over the last 10 years is classic abusive behavior on a society-wide scale.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

  2. #4362
    I rarely ever use Twitter for anything but reading the occasional important tweet or whatnot linked in an article or forum etc.

    But today I made the mistake of opening the notifications section where there was someone linking to another tweet discussing the George Stinney execution.

    Reading the comments on that ....the vile, violent, racist shit ... What the fuck. Twitter as a whole needs to be burned to the ground, this "thing" is utterly irredeemable.

  3. #4363
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    80,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Some more context from Musky regarding how this specific suspension works:
    That's not "more context". That's still a violent bigot being an abusive tyrant over his own stupid willful ignorance over basic terminology, or more likely, his intentional dishonesty in pursuit of fostering hatred and violence against the minority group(s) he wishes to suffer.


  4. #4364
    Herald of the Titans tehdang's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,665
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Some more context from Musky regarding how this specific suspension works:
    I wager anything constituting an "egregious coordinated attack" would already run afoul of other rules.

    For reach/recommendations, it will only take hiding it from the tweets subject to it for Elon to do exactly what the previous administration did, as detailed in the Twitter Files.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

  5. #4365
    Bro is still bringing up the "Twitter files"

    LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    Their enemies are busy labeling people "shitheads," dodging all the tough arguments (to the extent they acknowledge contrary arguments existing), and going over all the prejudices that make them believe they're arguing with bad people.
    "Dodge tough questions" types the poster with people on ignore who he couldn't handle the tough questions of.

  6. #4366
    Over 9000! ringpriest's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Silk Road
    Posts
    9,513
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    I wager anything constituting an "egregious coordinated attack" would already run afoul of other rules.

    For reach/recommendations, it will only take hiding it from the tweets subject to it for Elon to do exactly what the previous administration did, as detailed in the Twitter Files.
    There's a problem that's devouring the American zeitgeist, one bite at a time: the corrosion of public discourse. "Contributors" who are really witting or witless right-wing parrots, reliably vomiting up right-wing talking points, make bad-faith comments, referencing other bad-faith "news" (really, propaganda generated by the right-wing brand leaders, in this case, by Musk himself) for the purpose of growing and spreading right-wing politics (aka modern fascism) free of consequence. And when it gets pointed out, the people doing it play the victim and double-down on the gaslighting.

    The only way to deal with it is to have zero-tolerance for intolerance (and its bad-faith apologists).
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

  7. #4367
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,302
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Bro is still bringing up the "Twitter files"

    LOL
    Indeed.

    As pointed out before, even Twitter's own lawyers said, under oath, nothing illegal or unConstitutional or even against Twitter's rules happened.

    The Twitter files are unverified baseless claims. They have no merit. No serious poster going for genuine discussion would bring them up as a legitimate topic. Bringing them up as an example of a conspiracy theory and/or target of ridicule, of course, is fine.

  8. #4368
    Australia's cyber safety regulator has sent a legal notice to twitter to explain its handling of online hate after it became the most complained about platform, even though it has a lot less users than places like facebook and tiktok. They have 28 days to respond otherwise they could get slapped with fines of up to almost half a million USD a day. Its not a lot put could quickly add up.

  9. #4369
    The Undying Cthulhu 2020's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rigging your election
    Posts
    36,891
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    I wager anything constituting an "egregious coordinated attack" would already run afoul of other rules.

    For reach/recommendations, it will only take hiding it from the tweets subject to it for Elon to do exactly what the previous administration did, as detailed in the Twitter Files.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    At this point you should realize just how utterly embarrassing it is that you still tout the Twitter files as accurate or true in any way. They've been utterly dismantled and claimed as false by Elon's own lawyers under oath.

    May as well be touting 5G causing cancer and flat earth.

    But anyway, a comic

    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

  10. #4370
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    At this point you should realize just how utterly embarrassing it is that you still tout the Twitter files as accurate or true in any way. They've been utterly dismantled and claimed as false by Elon's own lawyers under oath.

    May as well be touting 5G causing cancer and flat earth.

    But anyway, a comic

    Cis-alpine-gaul is in trouble
    - Lars

  11. #4371
    Immortal Poopymonster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Neverland Ranch Survivor
    Posts
    7,256
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Yeah, this whole trans panic mirrors the gay panic of 10-15 years ago.

    "They're going after and indoctrinating children!"
    "I'm not straight, I'm normal."

    I'd be disappointed in any LGB person who didn't want the T, but we know the UK's "LGB" "gender critical" groups are all founded by neo nazis pretending to be bi.
    That reminds me of an OLD Doonesbury comic.
    Andy who is gay sits at the lunch counter/bar with Calvin who is black.

    Calvin: So I hear you're gay.
    Andy: So I hear you're black.
    Calvin: Yeah but that's normal.
    Andy: It didn't use to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok


    If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

  12. #4372
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    At this point you should realize just how utterly embarrassing it is that you still tout the Twitter files as accurate or true in any way. They've been utterly dismantled and claimed as false by Elon's own lawyers under oath.

    May as well be touting 5G causing cancer and flat earth.

    But anyway, a comic

    it is context dependent tho
    black people and carriers of n-word passes are allowed to say it
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

  13. #4373
    The Undying Cthulhu 2020's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rigging your election
    Posts
    36,891
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    it is context dependent tho
    black people and carriers of n-word passes are allowed to say it
    I understand that much, I think the comic missed the mark just a bit, but what it's implying is that conservative southern white protestants want to use the N word and get away with it, while getting really offended by "cis".
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

  14. #4374
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    as detailed in the Twitter Files.
    This is like being a flat earther at this point.

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  15. #4375
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    I understand that much, I think the comic missed the mark just a bit, but what it's implying is that conservative southern white protestants want to use the N word and get away with it, while getting really offended by "cis".
    tbh im thinking about it now and i'm just disappointed that the comic writer didnt point out that elon musk is african american
    0/10 comic
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

  16. #4376
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,302
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    They have 28 days to respond.
    Does a poop emoji count? Asking for a "friend".

  17. #4377
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Does a poop emoji count? Asking for a "friend".
    I'm half expecting that will be the response.

  18. #4378
    Herald of the Titans tehdang's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,665
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    At this point you should realize just how utterly embarrassing it is that you still tout the Twitter files as accurate or true in any way. They've been utterly dismantled and claimed as false by Elon's own lawyers under oath.

    May as well be touting 5G causing cancer and flat earth.

    But anyway, a comic

    You'll have to do more than a classic bait and switch. You're trying to swap claims of actual criminal activity with the accuracy of the underlying documents. They can contain the real interactions between government officials, elected representatives, NGOs, and Twitter employees without actually detailing the breaking any laws or forming the basis of successful lawsuits.

    But keep posting n-word cartoons if you feel like it, I guess.

    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    There's a problem that's devouring the American zeitgeist, one bite at a time: the corrosion of public discourse. "Contributors" who are really witting or witless right-wing parrots, reliably vomiting up right-wing talking points, make bad-faith comments, referencing other bad-faith "news" (really, propaganda generated by the right-wing brand leaders, in this case, by Musk himself) for the purpose of growing and spreading right-wing politics (aka modern fascism) free of consequence. And when it gets pointed out, the people doing it play the victim and double-down on the gaslighting.

    The only way to deal with it is to have zero-tolerance for intolerance (and its bad-faith apologists).
    The corrosion of public discourse is a broad topic, but I'd absolutely include trying to brand political disagreement as being just talking points and bad faith. Discourse is cheapened when partisan activists try to lock down discourse they feel is illegitimate. The way to solve the current problems in public discussion of topics of political importance is more speech and more journalism, including journalistic fact-checking and fact-checking the fact-checkers, not going on fascism witch-hunts and labeling sprees. I'd call your post "Big Brother will free you from the corrosive spread of malinformation."

    Inasmuch as Musk never really embraced low restrictions on dialogue on his platform from the start, he's part of the problem.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

  19. #4379
    Void Lord Doctor Amadeus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    44,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I am not a free speech absolutist.
    In my opinion NOBODY is a free speech absolutist because there are always limits to how much stupid shit people will say, and individuals that will be that example.

    People say they are free speech absolutist are free speech absolutist until they realized someone finally said something they legitimately disagree with.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

  20. #4380
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    The corrosion of public discourse is a broad topic, but I'd absolutely include trying to brand political disagreement as being just talking points and bad faith. Discourse is cheapened when partisan activists try to lock down discourse they feel is illegitimate.
    "LGBT people are pedophile groomers who need to be eradicated from society" is not a legitimate position deserving of discourse. If you disagree...too fucking bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    The way to solve the current problems in public discussion of topics of political importance is more speech and more journalism, including journalistic fact-checking and fact-checking the fact-checkers, not going on fascism witch-hunts and labeling sprees.
    Conservative propagandists and the people who consume their filth don't care in the slightest about facts. Making fact-checking irrelevant. If they cared about facts, the slime who are currently trying to paint LGBT people with the pedophile brush would have done something about the ubiquity of child rape and abuse being enabled/covered up by their churches decades ago. But they don't actually care. Neither about the rape, nor about facts in general.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •