1. #4401
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Honestly, I dunno if I've just been blind for a few years, but it feels like she was hacked and a totally different person is posting on her account.
    It's been building for years but definitely became apparent during COVID and their "Enough with the restrictions already! Think of the children!" whining.

  2. #4402
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The Harm Principle isn't that complicated a philosophical concept.

    And when what you call "leftist woke nonsense" is shit like "trans people existing without state persecution", you're being a fascist who's seeking to commit genocide, but simultaneously too emotionally fragile to handle someone pointing that out to you.
    Its literally against the rules of this website to discuss anything specific about lgbt stuff and you know this. Not sure why you keep bringing it out and trying to bait them into talking about it.

    Instead of LGTB issues Ill talk about something else:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_integrity_dysphoria

    This is a very specific disorder in which ppl think their limbs need to be cut off. Would you agree that doctors should comply and cut their limbs off so their bodies can match the mental picture they have in their brains?

    Its not so cut and dry. Its fine to have a discussion on whats acceptable.

  3. #4403
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I call it being a good dad.
    Reminder: His daughter wants literally nothing to do with her shitty billionaire father, and his reaction is to blame that on "neo-Marxists" rather than taking a moment to reflect on his own actions and behaviors.

  4. #4404
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Musk and Zuck agreeing to a cage match...

    I don't typically wish violence on people, but if they could beat the shit out of each other, that'd be neat.

    People with money really need to find actual fucking hobbies.
    And on tonight's episode of Celebrity Deathmatch with referee Mills Lane...

  5. #4405
    Old God Milchshake's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Shitposter Burn Out
    Posts
    10,077
    Lol Zuck when through a phase were his hobby was strangling goats and other small animals in his basement.


    One time time he stangled a goat and served it to Twitter OG Jack Dorsey for dinner....


    Musk is dead meat in a cage match with him.


    So ya, fuck rich weirdos and their hobbies.
    Government Affiliated Snark

  6. #4406
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    IDK, Andrew Tate offered to train Musky... it could be interesting.
    From Romanian prison?

  7. #4407
    what's he gonna do, post more pics of himself and his anime waifus? when was the last time he fought or even trained? has he figured out how to use a sauna yet or is he still sitting on the childs step while the sauna is room temperature?

    either way I'm sure Elom accepting traning from a guy charged with sex trafficking and rape who's posting pics of himself and his waifu's while talking about his yoga fire is gonna be great. very on brand for Elom

  8. #4408
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    No damn idea, lol. But if he does get to train him, the fallout is gonna be interesting... cause he may last a bit longer... but hilarious when it goes oh so badly.
    honestly why would it be interesting?

    what is remotely interesting about any of this?

    this is only funny because modern billionaires have nothing better to do with their time than shitpost at each other and challenge each other to slap fights instead of doing literally anything good with all the money they have or trying to limit the actual harm their companies are causing.

    it's also sad and depressing as fuck because of the latter.

  9. #4409
    A concussion might actually help Musk. Here's hopin'.

  10. #4410
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    79,499
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Its literally against the rules of this website to discuss anything specific about lgbt stuff and you know this. Not sure why you keep bringing it out and trying to bait them into talking about it.
    Yes, I get that you can't post hate speech bullshit here without consquences.

    That's not a mark in your position's favor.

    Instead of LGTB issues Ill talk about something else:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_integrity_dysphoria

    This is a very specific disorder in which ppl think their limbs need to be cut off. Would you agree that doctors should comply and cut their limbs off so their bodies can match the mental picture they have in their brains?

    Its not so cut and dry. Its fine to have a discussion on whats acceptable.
    This is just rankly dishonest. BID is not the same thing as being trangender. Worse (for you), one of the standard treatments for BID is amputation of the offending limb. There are no pharmacological or behavioural therapies that have been identified as successful in resolving BID, just in reducing the stress experienced by those who have it. The hesitation in such treatment is in the loss of function that such an amputation necessarily creates, a factor that is not present in gender-affirming care.

    Trying to switch the subject to this is just transphobic shitposting.

    If your position is anything but support for transgender rights and access to gender-affirming care, there is no discussion to be had with you. Your position is based on hate and a denial of known facts and reality. It's like wanting to have a "discussion" about whether Jews should be allowed to exist in society, or a "discussion" about whether blacks are actually human beings or instead some form of subhuman ape. Those are the analogues for the anti-trans positions. It isn't a "discussion", it's just hate.
    Last edited by Endus; 2023-06-22 at 06:47 PM.


  11. #4411
    Immortal Poopymonster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Neverland Ranch Survivor
    Posts
    7,183
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    You should look at the thread for the war in Ukraine. Plenty of discussion about that in there for some reason.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Musk and Zuck agreeing to a cage match...

    I don't typically wish violence on people, but if they could beat the shit out of each other, that'd be neat.

    People with money really need to find actual fucking hobbies.
    Goddamnit, This might be the third time I dig out the CRIPPLE FIGHT! clip from South park in the last few months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok


    If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

  12. #4412
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    "LGBT people are pedophile groomers who need to be eradicated from society" is not a legitimate position deserving of discourse. If you disagree...too fucking bad.
    Of course people jump to pedophile accusations for a point of reference. I'm surprised you didn't use Hitler. But topics like China lab leak hypothesis, child masking, Hunter Biden's laptop, transgender teens in sports, books like "Gender Queer" in public school libraries all deserve real public discourse. Not just your dismissive attitude, essentially saying every contested speech position is platforming pedo accusations.

    Conservative propagandists and the people who consume their filth don't care in the slightest about facts. Making fact-checking irrelevant. If they cared about facts, the slime who are currently trying to paint LGBT people with the pedophile brush would have done something about the ubiquity of child rape and abuse being enabled/covered up by their churches decades ago. But they don't actually care. Neither about the rape, nor about facts in general.
    Almost like you want more and more conversations banned, and the only defense you can find is "the people that don't already agree with me are horrible people that will never change their mind." In short, a position inconsistent with the principles of Democracy that demand talking things out and persuasion followed by voting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Didn't he literally unban all the nazis?
    He pretty much unbanned everyone that was banned prior, then made many actions and statements inconsistent with his public rhetoric on free speech principles.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

  13. #4413
    Elemental Lord unfilteredJW's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    8,881
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    Of course people jump to pedophile accusations for a point of reference. I'm surprised you didn't use Hitler. But topics like China lab leak hypothesis, child masking, Hunter Biden's laptop, transgender teens in sports, books like "Gender Queer" in public school libraries all deserve real public discourse. Not just your dismissive attitude, essentially saying every contested speech position is platforming pedo accusations.

    Almost like you want more and more conversations banned, and the only defense you can find is "the people that don't already agree with me are horrible people that will never change their mind." In short, a position inconsistent with the principles of Democracy that demand talking things out and persuasion followed by voting.

    He pretty much unbanned everyone that was banned prior, then made many actions and statements inconsistent with his public rhetoric on free speech principles.
    Holy shit you are absolutely vile.

    Let’s see what we tick off: homophobia, transphobia, lying, misinformation, conspiracy theories, victim complex, anti intellectualism, and changing the meanings of words.

    BINGO
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

  14. #4414
    Moderator Rozz's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    8,809
    Don't use the thread title to shoehorn in your hot takes on forbidden topics. If the thread continues to get hijacked to argue about culture warfare, it'll be closed.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

  15. #4415
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Aelia Capitolina
    Posts
    59,434
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    But topics like China lab leak hypothesis, child masking, Hunter Biden's laptop, transgender teens in sports, books like "Gender Queer" in public school libraries all deserve real public discourse.
    They deserve "real public discourse" because... why, exactly? Why are the only subjects you insist need constant debate ones that don't entail questioning your basic humanity or encouraging people to do things which endanger your safety?

    More than that, you don't seem to be willing or able to distinguish between debate wherein the parties involved are having a nuanced discussion in good faith, versus what goes on in places like Facebook and Twitter. The latter is not "real public discourse" and people that push harmful or hateful misinformation should be deplatformed.

    ITT: We shouldn't condemn racism, homophobia, and misogyny because it silences conversations which are necessary to democracy. We should allow spokespeople for these positions a seat at the table of the free marketplace of ideas where we can all sit around debating the legitimacy of gay marriage or the possible merits of a white ethnostate. Asking questions like: is the final solution a myth promulgated by the international jew? Are yoga pants to blame for sexual violence? Wouldn't the taxpayer save a lot of money if there weren't so many poor and disabled people? These are open questions, so let's sit down with people on both sides and have calm, civil conversations about it on Twitter and Facebook for the rest of our goddamn lives.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2023-06-22 at 09:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

  16. #4416
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    honestly why would it be interesting?

    what is remotely interesting about any of this?

    this is only funny because modern billionaires have nothing better to do with their time than shitpost at each other and challenge each other to slap fights instead of doing literally anything good with all the money they have or trying to limit the actual harm their companies are causing.

    it's also sad and depressing as fuck because of the latter.
    It's almost like these billionaire CEOs are lying about working 24/7 being the reason they "deserve" to be rich.

  17. #4417
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Absolutely. His kid was directly in danger and he reacted like a parent would.
    By overreacting with little to no proof then finding out how there's less than no proof to substantiate it? So you're admitting he's an idiot.

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  18. #4418
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    I think he unbanned everyone in general
    No he didn't.

  19. #4419

  20. #4420
    The Undying Cthulhu 2020's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rigging your election
    Posts
    36,873
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    You'll have to do more than a classic bait and switch. You're trying to swap claims of actual criminal activity with the accuracy of the underlying documents. They can contain the real interactions between government officials, elected representatives, NGOs, and Twitter employees without actually detailing the breaking any laws or forming the basis of successful lawsuits.
    There was no "criminal activity", at worst you could argue unethical... could. But no smart person would. When the Twitter files were being touted as a big controversy, the controversy was entirely about "twitter colluding with the FBI" WHICH AT THE TIME WAS UNDER TRUMP in favor of Biden, when in reality the requests were simple reports for moderation of conservatives posting Hunter Biden's dick pics. This was literally proven with the wayback machine.

    Conservatives and you deliberately ignore this context because the context absolutely DESTROYS any illusion of ethical violation that you were trying to push.

    We also learned that it was in fact Trump's white house that TWITTER CHANGED THEIR RULES FOR to accomodate Trump's own demands for altered moderation to help his own image, meaning that not only did the conservative narrative get destroyed by context, it was then turned around and placed on their doorstep.

    I only asked you about 20 times to explain why you refused to address these facts, but it's incredibly clear you're not engaging in good faith conversation here. Nobody brings up the Twitter files any more on Twitter to talk about Biden. At all. Conservatives have completely dropped bringing it up because it was a COMPLETE AND UTTER EMBARASSMENT FOR THEM as every time they bring it up, someone fact checks them to hell.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twitter_Files

    It's embarassing for you that you're even still bringing it, much less still believing it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The Harm Principle isn't that complicated a philosophical concept.

    And when what you call "leftist woke nonsense" is shit like "trans people existing without state persecution", you're being a fascist who's seeking to commit genocide, but simultaneously too emotionally fragile to handle someone pointing that out to you.



    Being "directly in danger" would mean someone was literally in the process of putting his child at risk in that moment.

    That was not the case. So you're lying.



    Well, you're wrong. Lots of abusive people think they're "good parents", even while beating their kids bloody, forcing them to remain closeted or face abandonment, emotionally abusing them "for their own good", and so on. Your personal opinion of your own actions is not a defense.
    It's rather telling that Winter follows everything Elom says as "good". At first she claimed that open discussion with extremely limited moderation was good, but now is on board the "Ban people for saying cis".

    They also automatically disbelieve any source provided by other posters, but see Elom and "overseas" TERF sites as gospel truth without question.

    That's all you really need to know about them. There is zero logical consistency with them and their beliefs, only following the herd. There's zero attempt to verify the veracity of their personal sources and automatic disbelief of other sources with honestly viewing alternative sources of information.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    Of course people jump to pedophile accusations for a point of reference. I'm surprised you didn't use Hitler. But topics like China lab leak hypothesis, child masking, Hunter Biden's laptop, transgender teens in sports, books like "Gender Queer" in public school libraries all deserve real public discourse. Not just your dismissive attitude, essentially saying every contested speech position is platforming pedo accusations.

    Almost like you want more and more conversations banned, and the only defense you can find is "the people that don't already agree with me are horrible people that will never change their mind." In short, a position inconsistent with the principles of Democracy that demand talking things out and persuasion followed by voting.

    He pretty much unbanned everyone that was banned prior, then made many actions and statements inconsistent with his public rhetoric on free speech principles.
    I'm gonna disagree with the part about various positions deserving public discourse. Something can be utterly and completely wrong, vile, and harmful to society as a whole, but as long as someone charismatic is arguing for it, people will be behind it.

    Public debates are never won by facts unless both sides are being fact checked in real time. But when one side fundamentally does not believe the facts are facts, when they live in a different reality, that doesn't work. The entire conservative "debate me bro" thing is a ploy to take illegitimate ideas, present them as fact then either shout over or just out-charisma the other side. Conservatives are also famously unable to understand scientific jargon, so one can bring their entire proof to a debate, spend 30 minutes explaining the entire process, and then the other side goes "LOL THAT'S NOT TRUE WHAT ABOUT DA MERCURY IN DA VACCINE" and the high school dropouts that paid for twitter blue cheer.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •