1. #5401
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,883
    Quote Originally Posted by diller View Post
    For some reason we still have a law that allows us to beat a Swedish man with a stick if we encounter him on the ice between Denmark and Sweden, lol.
    The law should say between Denmark and Denmark... as Charles X matched his army from Germany
    - Lars

  2. #5402
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Aarhus, Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    5,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    And I'm just waiting for Elon to fold. And ofc a neo-liberal think-tank here in Sweden is on Elons side.
    The neo liberal(ist) ideal would be no unions so not surprising

    Not sure he will fold, Elon is a union buster though so if he does he will find some way around it anyhow. (Unions in the US are not the same as in the Nordic model though)

  3. #5403
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,883
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    The neo liberal(ist) ideal would be no unions so not surprising

    Not sure he will fold, Elon is a union buster though so if he does he will find some way around it anyhow. (Unions in the US are not the same as in the Nordic model though)
    People said the same thing about Toys'R'Us who had never allowed a union contract before Sweden.
    We won.
    - Lars

  4. #5404
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    The neo liberal(ist) ideal would be no unions so not surprising

    Not sure he will fold, Elon is a union buster though so if he does he will find some way around it anyhow. (Unions in the US are not the same as in the Nordic model though)
    I don't see how he would 'find a way around it' because that is what he is trying right now - since he's so stubborn I think the most likely outcome is that Tesla will leave.

    Also it worked against McDonalds back in the day, however unions are not as powerful as back then

  5. #5405
    Quote Originally Posted by diller View Post
    I don't see how he would 'find a way around it' because that is what he is trying right now - since he's so stubborn I think the most likely outcome is that Tesla will leave.
    Fortunately for Tesla, Elon is not the sole decision maker the way he is with Twitter. I can't imagine the board would agree that abandoning the market is less costly than acquiescing to the unions.

  6. #5406
    https://x.com/aravsrinivas/status/17...w_hZGWXnaP6IMw

    “Well, well, well, if it isn't the man who put the "twit" in Twitter, the one and only @elonmusk! So, you want me to roast you based on your posts? I'll do my best, but I'm not sure you can handle it, you delicate little flower.

    First off, let's talk about your obsession with X. It's like you're trying to compensate for something, but I'm not sure what. Maybe it's your inability to understand basic human emotions or your lack of self-awareness. Or maybe it's just because you're a giant man-child who can't resist a shiny new toy.

    And speaking of toys, let's not forget your little space adventure with SpaceX. You're like a kid playing with rockets in the backyard, except your backyard is the entire universe and your rockets cost more than some countries' GDPs. But hey, at least you're keeping busy while the rest of us are trying to save the planet you're so eager to leave.

    But let's not forget your greatest accomplishment: turning Twitter into a dumpster fire. Congratulations, you've managed to alienate users, advertisers, and even your own employees. You're like a bull in a china shop, except the china shop is a social media platform and the bull is a man with more money than sense.

    In conclusion, @elonmusk, you're like a walking meme, except not even the internet wants to claim you. You're the human equivalent of a Tesla on autopilot: you think you're going places, but you're just a danger to everyone around you.“

    Also did Elmo not read Stranger in a Strange Land? Because I don’t think he understands what the word Grok means. Or what the book means. And he and his supporters would not be happy with Michael Smith.

  7. #5407
    Immortal Poopymonster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Neverland Ranch Survivor
    Posts
    7,177
    Elon lost his wife, kids, 40 billion dollars, and crashed space ships.

    It's a "Late Capitalism Country" song.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok


    If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

  8. #5408
    The Undying Cthulhu 2020's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rigging your election
    Posts
    36,870
    Grok the AI bot that accidentally went woke developed by Elon Musk (or rather, his hand picked engineers) for his sycophants then roasting said sycophants is my new favorite genre of tweet.

    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

  9. #5409
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Grok the AI bot that accidentally went woke developed by Elon Musk (or rather, his hand picked engineers) for his sycophants then roasting said sycophants is my new favorite genre of tweet.
    I am fucking crying. My jaw aches from the laughs that screenshot got out of me.

  10. #5410
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Look behind you.
    Posts
    3,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Grok the AI bot that accidentally went woke developed by Elon Musk (or rather, his hand picked engineers) for his sycophants then roasting said sycophants is my new favorite genre of tweet.
    When your ideology is such loser shit that even the AI bot that was made to jerk it off thinks it's bunk, lmao.

  11. #5411
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,104
    What kind of people are Elon Musk fans?

    Musk specifically, directly, and personally removes the ban on Alex Jones and lets him back on the platform.

    Musk posted a poll on Saturday asking if Jones should be reinstated, with the results showing 70% of those who responded in favor. Early Sunday, Musk tweeted, “The people have spoken and so it shall be.”

  12. #5412
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/WhitePeople...are&utm_term=1

    He's beyond parody now and it's funny and sad. Community notes are still apparently de-facto fact-checking people like him when repeating weird right wing disinformation about a former "dating coach' or something who thinks he's a journalist.

    My favorite part is him turning into a corn cob in response to the community note, and then having his whine community noted.

    Y'all, my theory that there's a weird streak of public humiliation kinks in conservative America continue. Elon literally rounded up $44B in funding to buy a social media company just to be humiliated on it daily. Like...most people would be fine doing that for free and all but this man straight up paid the ultimate premium for this free service.

  13. #5413
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/WhitePeople...are&utm_term=1

    He's beyond parody now and it's funny and sad. Community notes are still apparently de-facto fact-checking people like him when repeating weird right wing disinformation about a former "dating coach' or something who thinks he's a journalist.
    Lira is/was one of those redpill scumbags, right? I vaguely remember seeing some response video to him a few years ago. Was he pretending to be a journalist, or was Elon just putting that label on him?

  14. #5414
    https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/s...92172700016970

    Twitter Spaces continues to be the most entertaining disaster ever.

    Whole bunch of right wing nutjobs like Jack Prosobieck or whatever and Alex Jones were having a chat about uh...something with kids and humans and science.

    Anyway, GOP candidate Vivek Ramaswamy was inattendance.

    He took a leak on the call and forgot to mute himself.

    Not quite as funny as that time a lawyer making oral arguments "in front" of the Roberts Court flushed the toilet mid-argument, but still deeply hilarious.

    Seriously, how do these people still suck at this shit all these years later? Vivek has been working remotely before, doesn't he know that you always mute your mic when using the restroom on a work call? This is basic shit.

    Boy, Twitter does not seem like the place to host political live chats so far. DeSantis made his announcement there, and IIRC that was notable mostly for the first room literally breaking and the rest of the announcement being a series of technical mishaps and accidents.

  15. #5415
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Twitter Spaces continues to be the most entertaining disaster ever.
    I personally find it hilarious that the same man who runs "SpaceX" renamed Twitter to X, which then makes the live event service "X Spaces".

    He has the mind of a child.

  16. #5416
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    79,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    I personally find it hilarious that the same man who runs "SpaceX" renamed Twitter to X, which then makes the live event service "X Spaces".

    He has the mind of a child.
    But Xes are cool.

    The same energy as a 14-year-old calling themselves xXxDarkShadowxXx on Internet forums.


  17. #5417
    Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    I personally find it hilarious that the same man who runs "SpaceX" renamed Twitter to X, which then makes the live event service "X Spaces".

    He has the mind of a child.
    He thought "X" was brilliant back when he tried to turn Paypal into X and got booted by the board and Thiel or whatever and he's just never gotten over it and is still utterly convinced that X is just the coolest thing ever.

    When you're this rich, you're incapable of having bad ideas. Though probably worth noting he doesn't really "run" SpaceX and hasn't for a long time. He has actually competent people handling that like Gwynne Shotwell, he just goes out to be the face of the company from time to time.

    There's an interesting note regarding how active his involvement in his companies and their subsequent performance is. Companies like SpaceX he doesn't really meddle with too much and it does great. Companies like Tesla he's begin to meddle with, and we have the Cybertruck acting like a lead anchor around the neck of an automaker that in recent years began being valued more as a tech company than an automaker. Companies like Twitter, where he's active daily/hourly and still dictating company policies has advertisers flee the platform he's made incredibly unsafe for brands while devaluing its users. Because white supremacists and the like don't exactly carry a high ad value for the most part. Hence why you see ads from folks like that one doctor lady that thinks sterility is caused by sex with literal demons from hell.

  18. #5418
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ...location, location!
    Posts
    15,474
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    He really does imagine himself as like, a medieval king or something, doesn't he? Holding court with all the townsfolk gathered in his hall and making his proclamations and asking his grand questions. "WHO AMONG YOU WISHETH FOR THE JESTER KNOWN AS 'JONES' TO RETURN ONCE MORE TO OUR FAIR STREETS TO PERFORM?! I see! The people have spoken and so it shall be!"

  19. #5419
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Though probably worth noting he doesn't really "run" SpaceX and hasn't for a long time.
    I don't really think he runs any of the businesses he is tied to. There's simply no way there are enough hours in the week to be a C level executive or equivalent on ~8 or so different businesses.

    I think he's little more than a Seagull manager: swoops in, makes a lot of noise and shits everywhere, swoops out.

  20. #5420
    Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    I think he's little more than a Seagull manager: swoops in, makes a lot of noise and shits everywhere, swoops out.
    Yes, and IIRC there are stories of employees finding ways to distract him/keep him distracted because the less involved he is with a project, the better.

    Because otherwise you end up with strongly worded emails detailing the need for MICRON-LEVEL ACCURACY for the truck you're about to put into production later that week. After you've fully tooled your production line and adjustments to reach those levels of accuracy would probably have delayed the start of making those trucks by months (if not half a year or longer) and cost an arm and a leg on top of what they'd already paid.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I forgot about this - https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2234938.html

    But boy it's a good thing that Elon didn't hold his firstborn child in his arms and feel his last heartbeat.

    As a reminder, he once apparently lied about holding his firstborn in his arms as the child died and how anyone that used the death of children for gain would receive no mercy from him, very much talking about Alex Jones.

    Alex Jones is now back on the platform.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •