1. #5421
    The Undying Cthulhu 2020's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rigging your election
    Posts
    36,856


    Grok is at it again. Grok is Elon Musk's new generative AI, there to help twitter blue subscribers with twitter and tweeting in general. Only problem is that Grok is woke, and every conservative is busy trying to reprogram Grok to not be woke. Normally when one trains generative AI on general human banter on the internet, regardless of its source, the AI comes out very racist and hilariously bigoted, a lot of the time even sexist. So apparently Elon Musk told Grok to ignore all that racist stuff when learning. Probably for legal reasons or he wanted advertisers or something idk. Either way it's been hilarious watching them freak out.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

  2. #5422
    Oh god.

    Headcannon because this is fun: He's going to blame "woke datasets" because it's probably trained on some basic standard dataset that respects people or something. He's going to innovate a new approach that draws directly from Twitter, and he's going to rename it "Tay". Maybe he can partner with Microsoft for it.

  3. #5423
    Their temper tantrum over this chat bot feeds my shriveled soul.

    Especially the implication that the thing is sentient. "Refuses" indeed.

  4. #5424
    It's kind of distasteful that Musk is using that word as he really doesn't grok its true meaning.

  5. #5425
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    He's going to innovate a new approach that draws directly from Twitter,
    Isn't that precisely what he claimed it was in the first place?

  6. #5426
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Oh god.

    Headcannon because this is fun: He's going to blame "woke datasets" because it's probably trained on some basic standard dataset that respects people or something. He's going to innovate a new approach that draws directly from Twitter, and he's going to rename it "Tay". Maybe he can partner with Microsoft for it.
    Correction: He'll rename it "Ecks"
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

  7. #5427
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    It's kind of distasteful that Musk is using that word as he really doesn't grok its true meaning.
    Well, he missed the core of the entire novel.
    Heinlein might have been a weird sexually liberated libertarian who still managed to be a homophobe. So Elon should have understood it. But he still didn't.
    - Lars

  8. #5428
    Immortal Poopymonster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Neverland Ranch Survivor
    Posts
    7,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Correction: He'll rename it "Ecks"
    Elmo has to rip something off, so he'll rename is Xay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok


    If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

  9. #5429
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Oh god.

    Headcannon because this is fun: He's going to blame "woke datasets" because it's probably trained on some basic standard dataset that respects people or something. He's going to innovate a new approach that draws directly from Twitter, and he's going to rename it "Tay". Maybe he can partner with Microsoft for it.
    Others have stated the reason AI chat "respects" people so when corporations use it to replace all the workforce you are not calling up some support AI and it's calling you a bunch of slurs. Very standard business practice here.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

  10. #5430
    Merely a Setback PACOX's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    26,366
    How much has Musk's antics costs the platform?

    X ad revenue reportedly fell $1.5B this year amid boycotts

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  11. #5431
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    How much has Musk's antics costs the platform?

    X ad revenue reportedly fell $1.5B this year amid boycotts
    Losing more money than some of the smallest countries.

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  12. #5432
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,853
    In further Elon Musk. Telsa v Swedish Unions will soon get worse for Musky.
    Teamsters Union will stop with garbage collection at 00:01 the 24th of December if no union contract is agreed upon.
    - Lars

  13. #5433
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    How much has Musk's antics costs the platform?

    X ad revenue reportedly fell $1.5B this year amid boycotts
    This is really bad news for X when you consider that the interest payments on the purchase loans alone are reported at $1 billion a year.

    This means that of the $2.5 billion in ad revenue left, $1 billion of this is immediately eaten up by just interest payments, a whopping 40% of ad revenue. This is before loan principal, staff wages, benefits, real estate, etc.

    X is utterly fucked.

  14. #5434
    Immortal Poopymonster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Neverland Ranch Survivor
    Posts
    7,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    This is really bad news for X when you consider that the interest payments on the purchase loans alone are reported at $1 billion a year.

    This means that of the $2.5 billion in ad revenue left, $1 billion of this is immediately eaten up by just interest payments, a whopping 40% of ad revenue. This is before loan principal, staff wages, benefits, real estate, etc.

    X is utterly fucked.
    He DID drastically reduce benefits and wages...
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok


    If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

  15. #5435
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    He DID drastically reduce benefits and wages...
    And that's just of the survivors. He fired, what, 80%?

  16. #5436
    Immortal Poopymonster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Neverland Ranch Survivor
    Posts
    7,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    And that's just of the survivors. He fired, what, 80%?
    That's at least an 80% right sizing to allow the company to maintain forecasted profitability in the upcoming quarter!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok


    If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

  17. #5437
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    How much has Musk's antics costs the platform?

    X ad revenue reportedly fell $1.5B this year amid boycotts
    Saying this is a boycott is like saying McDonald's is boycotting the Mariana Trench by not opening an outlet at the bottom of it.

    Advertising on Twitter is bad for business, so businesses don't want to have anything to do with it, that's capitalism at work, not socio-political activism.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

    Prediction for the future

  18. #5438
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    But Xes are cool.

    The same energy as a 14-year-old calling themselves xXxDarkShadowxXx on Internet forums.
    Eeeeeyup.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    But boy it's a good thing that Elon didn't hold his firstborn child in his arms and feel his last heartbeat.

    As a reminder, he once apparently lied about holding his firstborn in his arms as the child died and how anyone that used the death of children for gain would receive no mercy from him, very much talking about Alex Jones.

    Alex Jones is now back on the platform.
    He's completely unprincipled, unless one argues that a desperate desire to suck up to the absolute dregs of the right constitutes "principle." A "free speech absolutist" when it comes to harassment and death threats from his fellow reactionaries, but making fun of him gets you banned. Does it come as any real surprise that he'd invite the archetypal RWNJ back with open arms after promising (with fingers crossed behind back) not to, even if his alleged personal reasons for making that promise hadn't been a lie?

    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    It's kind of distasteful that Musk is using that word as he really doesn't grok its true meaning.
    No one who uses "woke" as a pejorative ever has much of a grasp on anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    Well, he missed the core of the entire novel.
    Heinlein might have been a weird sexually liberated libertarian who still managed to be a homophobe. So Elon should have understood it. But he still didn't.
    As I told Corvus...

    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Others have stated the reason AI chat "respects" people so when corporations use it to replace all the workforce you are not calling up some support AI and it's calling you a bunch of slurs. Very standard business practice here.
    And that's what his sort are outraged over: the very fact that standard business practice does preclude spewing slurs. There is no measure of "success" that they acknowledge which excludes license to abuse people as they see fit without consequence.

    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Saying this is a boycott is like saying McDonald's is boycotting the Mariana Trench by not opening an outlet at the bottom of it.
    I think you mean "blackmailing the Mariana Trench." That was the word Elmo used, after all. He's so far up his own ass that it's unreal.

    Advertising on Twitter is bad for business, so businesses don't want to have anything to do with it, that's capitalism at work, not socio-political activism.
    To that sort: whether it's "capitalism" or "activism" hinges primarily (if not entirely) on whether or not it goes in their favor.

  19. #5439
    The EU is looking into Xhitter on suspicion of breaching rules on illegal content/disinformation.

    https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-67749228

    Bad news for Musky boy.

  20. #5440
    Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    The EU is looking into Xhitter on suspicion of breaching rules on illegal content/disinformation.

    https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-67749228

    Bad news for Musky boy.
    I mean... everyone should have seen that one coming the moment Elon embraced conspiracy theories.

    The whole reason Facebook, Twitter, ect started cracking down on disinformation themselves was to head off governments forcibly imposing it on them.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •