1. #5621
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    She did. She was in a western where she was the star, and I believe it grossed $80 at the box office (no missing zeroes there) and was decried as "woke" by conservative viewers because a lady shouldn't be a gun-toting protagonist.
    Seriously? That is so archaic. Hong Kong moviemakers with their 1985 "Girls with Guns" subgenre was so far ahead of their western counterparts. At least Gina Carano looks like she could punch a hole through a brick wall.

  2. #5622
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Seriously? That is so archaic. Hong Kong moviemakers with their 1985 "Girls with Guns" subgenre was so far ahead of their western counterparts. At least Gina Carano looks like she could punch a hole through a brick wall.
    A bunch of the usual idiots were whining about "Cara Dune" being another Disney Mary Sue when she first appeared in Mando.

    Some of them backtracked when they found out she's MAGA.

  3. #5623
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    A bunch of the usual idiots were whining about "Cara Dune" being another Disney Mary Sue when she first appeared in Mando.

    Some of them backtracked when they found out she's MAGA.
    Oh they went all-in backing her once they found out she was anti-trans...for about a month, tops, before they moved on to their next outrage and poster child for bigots.

  4. #5624
    Titan Captain N's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New Resident of Emerald City
    Posts
    11,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Oh they went all-in backing her once they found out she was anti-trans...for about a month, tops, before they moved on to their next outrage and poster child for bigots.
    Matt Walsh?
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

    I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

  5. #5625
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    80,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    She was fired for making loads of anti-trans comments on Twitter, wasn't she? Sounds like she doesn't have a leg to stand on unless she lands one of those MAGA judges that just completely ignore the law. A non-zero chance, especially in Florida, but low regardless.

    EDIT: Also, just glancing at her imdb, she's found work since then, so...yeah. Sounds like she just wants to spend money to bring herself back into the spotlight.
    Among other bigoted things, yeah. The lawsuit's gonna get thrown out basically immediately once her social media posts are entered into the record. "We fired her for being a bigot. Here's bigoted things she said on social media, over and over."

    Yet again, bigoted right-wingers demonstrate a whopping inability to take even the minimum level of responsibility over being abusive and terrible people.


  6. #5626
    Is it me or am I seeing a lot more openly antisemitic tweets nowadays? Like they aren't even dog whistling anymore. I am seeing the image of happy merchant jew more often and people outright saying "The jews did X thing." Also, a lot more people openly deny the holocaust. Like, I have never seen so many people emboldened to embrace antisemitism.

  7. #5627
    Quote Originally Posted by eillas View Post
    Is it me or am I seeing a lot more openly antisemitic tweets nowadays? Like they aren't even dog whistling anymore. I am seeing the image of happy merchant jew more often and people outright saying "The jews did X thing." Also, a lot more people openly deny the holocaust. Like, I have never seen so many people emboldened to embrace antisemitism.
    But aren't you happy with all of the "Free Speech"?! /s

    Jokes aside, this has been the path that Twitter has been on ever since Elom took over. It's working as intended.

  8. #5628
    Over 9000! ringpriest's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Silk Road
    Posts
    9,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Among other bigoted things, yeah. The lawsuit's gonna get thrown out basically immediately once her social media posts are entered into the record. "We fired her for being a bigot. Here's bigoted things she said on social media, over and over."

    Yet again, bigoted right-wingers demonstrate a whopping inability to take even the minimum level of responsibility over being abusive and terrible people.
    That's because their whole mindset revolves around the idea that the rules shouldn't apply to them. Wilhoit's Law, “Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition… There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

    And yes, it really makes for terrible human beings.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

  9. #5629
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,930
    Quote Originally Posted by eillas View Post
    Is it me or am I seeing a lot more openly antisemitic tweets nowadays? Like they aren't even dog whistling anymore. I am seeing the image of happy merchant jew more often and people outright saying "The jews did X thing." Also, a lot more people openly deny the holocaust. Like, I have never seen so many people emboldened to embrace antisemitism.
    Considering Elon himself signal boosts it by whom he replies to and retweets?

    Yes
    - Lars

  10. #5630
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Among other bigoted things, yeah. The lawsuit's gonna get thrown out basically immediately once her social media posts are entered into the record. "We fired her for being a bigot. Here's bigoted things she said on social media, over and over."
    Hell, they don't even need to prove she was a bigot. Disney is perfectly within their rights to fire her for anything she says that isn't considered protected speech, because (not that you specifically need reminding, of course) the First Amendment is a restriction on the government, not private citizens or corporations.

  11. #5631
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Among other bigoted things, yeah. The lawsuit's gonna get thrown out basically immediately once her social media posts are entered into the record. "We fired her for being a bigot. Here's bigoted things she said on social media, over and over."

    Yet again, bigoted right-wingers demonstrate a whopping inability to take even the minimum level of responsibility over being abusive and terrible people.
    She wasn't even fired. She didn't get a new contract.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

  12. #5632
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    She was fired for making loads of anti-trans comments on Twitter, wasn't she? Sounds like she doesn't have a leg to stand on unless she lands one of those MAGA judges that just completely ignore the law. A non-zero chance, especially in Florida, but low regardless.

    EDIT: Also, just glancing at her imdb, she's found work since then, so...yeah. Sounds like she just wants to spend money to bring herself back into the spotlight.
    Most of that "work" tends to be movies made by far right film makers, like Ben Shapiro. It's all the work she can get now and this lawsuit is just her looking for a paycheck after years of barely getting much, compared to what she was earning before.

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  13. #5633
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Most of that "work" tends to be movies made by far right film makers, like Ben Shapiro. It's all the work she can get now and this lawsuit is just her looking for a paycheck after years of barely getting much, compared to what she was earning before.
    Hey, work is work. It's not Disney's fault that the only people willing to hire her are also awful people. She has only her own toxicity to blame. If she wants to throw away whatever paycheck she's earning on a lawsuit that should fail on the face of it, that's her problem.

  14. #5634
    Immortal Poopymonster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Neverland Ranch Survivor
    Posts
    7,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Hey, work is work. It's not Disney's fault that the only people willing to hire her are also awful people. She has only her own toxicity to blame. If she wants to throw away whatever paycheck she's earning on a lawsuit that should fail on the face of it, that's her problem.
    Before anyone says Cancel Culture again, remember. To qualify it must come from the Cancel section of France.
    Otherwise it's just Sparkling Consequences of their Actions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok


    If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

  15. #5635
    Old God Milchshake's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Shitposter Burn Out
    Posts
    10,204
    Someone say Ben Shapiro?! I'm morbidly curious, and contractual obligated to ask, "whats the dumbest thing he's done this week?"

    Looks like he but together a video with Jorden Peterson. Wherein Kermit de frog nd ALvin Chipmunk discuss, "not gettin' any" in these modern days. Totally a missed oppertunity to not get madam Carano in on this! Her apperance fee cant be that high.


    Dont click on the link! I can only imagine how bad it is. Sorry, the words can’t be “Barf” written 200 times. Or “Please, kill me now,” written 50 times. Or “Jordan Peterson and Ben Shapiro will cause chronic vaginal dryness” written 20 times, or similar.

    I found a summary from one brave person, who's dealing with a lot of regret at the moment.

    At about thirty seconds in, we get the their full thesis which seems to be, the permissiveness of our society has rendered nothing taboo; without taboo, men won’t get boners; because men are turned on by sexual novelty; so sex is boring.

    Ummm – what turns on men is not nearly so mysterious. That’s why most porn is incredibly boring (in terms of story). Also, our society (US and Canadian society, I assume they are talking about) are not nearly so permissive as they think. Really, I would describe our society (in regards to sexual mores) as more than a little dysfunctional given the bizarre public hatred of anything remotely sexual by some 40% of our population a reasonably fraction of which engages in behavior that they would condemn in others.

    Of course, worth noting also is that this is two men talking about sex in general, but only mentioning how men feel about it, because to them, I guess, women don’t have an opinion at all.

    Something about Freud said by the guy who thinks WAP is a medical condition.

    Jordan spews forth a word salad about sublimation and goals. I think he is trying to push the idea that we cannot have any ‘higher’ goals if we are all too busy getting it on in ways that cannot be taboo because there aren’t any taboos anymore. This prevents… Frankly, I am not really sure what he is getting at here, like Constable Dogberry, this learned gentleman is too cunning to be understood.



    Poor Gina. Not ayryan enough to be a Musk baby momma. But too WAP for Ben to crank out more starring vehicles.
    Government Affiliated Snark

  16. #5636
    Might start linking Bluesky now as source.

    I don't get their business plan when they seemed to passively, soft launch it.

    I'm bias in I use Twitter exclusively for news, so I wish Bluesky aggressively pursued news outlets and journals. A verification and such.

    The problem is all the competitors really failed at trying to take customers. Twitter has, had a big advantage. Of course Musk is doing his best.
    "You think you just fell out of a coconut tree?’

  17. #5637
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Someone say Ben Shapiro?! I'm morbidly curious, and contractual obligated to ask, "whats the dumbest thing he's done this week?"

    Looks like he but together a video with Jorden Peterson. Wherein Kermit de frog nd ALvin Chipmunk discuss, "not gettin' any" in these modern days. Totally a missed oppertunity to not get madam Carano in on this! Her apperance fee cant be that high.
    I'd say making a podcast with the topic of "We can't get hard anymore and blaming society for it" would be the most embarassing thing anyone could do, but then I remember JP thought Chinese milking porn was real and Bencil Sharpener can't get his wife wet. The conservatives aren't alright.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

  18. #5638
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    So... people who used to be X users are now ex-users?

    ...

    I'll see myself out.
    As the number of ex-users increased, X-revenue dropped.

    X revenue in 2023 was 2.5b. Pre-takeover it was 4.7b. X revenue has been declining every month since the takeover. Not a single blip.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Might start linking Bluesky now as source.

    I don't get their business plan when they seemed to passively, soft launch it.

    I'm bias in I use Twitter exclusively for news, so I wish Bluesky aggressively pursued news outlets and journals. A verification and such.

    The problem is all the competitors really failed at trying to take customers. Twitter has, had a big advantage. Of course Musk is doing his best.
    I wish Bluesky success. However, I think it is a very uphill battle. The elephant in the room is Threads.

    From last November to December, the number of monthly active Threads users on both iOS and Android rose by 5.9% in the US, according to web analytics firm Similarweb. Over the same period, the number of daily active users on Android jumped by 37.8% worldwide.

    The number of monthly active X users on both iOS and Android in the US dwindled from 89 million last January to 78 million in December. The number of daily active users on Android worldwide fell from 116 million last January to 94 million in December.

  19. #5639
    Immortal Poopymonster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Neverland Ranch Survivor
    Posts
    7,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    I'd say making a podcast with the topic of "We can't get hard anymore and blaming society for it" would be the most embarassing thing anyone could do, but then I remember JP thought Chinese milking porn was real and Bencil Sharpener can't get his wife wet. The conservatives aren't alright.
    It's from the Libertarian book. The one with a big golden guy holding up the title "Women won't fuck me, and it's because of taxes"
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok


    If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

  20. #5640
    Brewmaster Karreck's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Beneath you. Devouring.
    Posts
    1,460
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    It's from the Libertarian book. The one with a big golden guy holding up the title "Women won't fuck me, and it's because of taxes"
    The MAGA version of the (audio)book just blames "Woke" immigrants.
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •