1. #5681
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    So a whole bunch of conservative accounts are posting that Biden signed Executive Order 9066 and it gives all illegals a free $5k gift card. These threads are getting likes and people making seemingly serious comments believing this (if they're not all bots).

    The reality is that it's the anniversary of Executive Order 9066 which was an order to remove all people of Japanese descent from US soil.
    Damn, I was really hoping it was because one of them, somewhere, misinterpreted Execute Order 66.

  2. #5682
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Executive Order 9066
    At some point, one of these posts will be a troll talking about Executive Order 58008 or 7734206 or something.

  3. #5683
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    At some point, one of these posts will be a troll talking about Executive Order 58008 or 7734206 or something.
    I'll have perished, but I hope EO 42069 is the most benign EO in history, like "Hopscotch courts are now mandated in all public parks"

  4. #5684
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    At some point, one of these posts will be a troll talking about Executive Order 58008 or 7734206 or something.
    I'm an idiot and don't get the second one. Can you educate me?

  5. #5685
    Alexei Navalny's widow Yulia has X account suspended

    The X account belonging to Alexei Navalny's widow Yulia has been suspended just days after it was first launched.

    It is unclear why the social network, formerly Twitter, has suspended Yulia Navalnaya's account.

    An online search for the account brings up the message “Account suspended” with a note that X “suspends accounts that violate our rules”.
    I'm sure it's for a totally legit reason, guys.

    Edit: Just reinstated. I wonder what Musk will say.
    Last edited by DarkAmbient; 2024-02-20 at 01:47 PM.

  6. #5686
    Brewmaster Karreck's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Beneath you. Devouring.
    Posts
    1,460
    Quote Originally Posted by Odinfrost View Post
    I'm an idiot and don't get the second one. Can you educate me?
    7734206 upside down would look like Go 2 Hell.
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

  7. #5687
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Alexei Navalny's widow Yulia has X account suspended



    I'm sure it's for a totally legit reason, guys
    One, it's been reinstated, two: "I like Putin even if I don't say it out loud" is a totally legit reason.
    Or, I assume that's why Musk got it banned. He might have been high. That's also a possibility

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Karreck View Post
    7734206 upside down would look like Go 2 Hell.
    Thank you.

  8. #5688
    Brewmaster Karreck's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Beneath you. Devouring.
    Posts
    1,460
    Quote Originally Posted by Odinfrost View Post
    He might have been high. That's also a possibility
    I don't think he is "micro-dosing" ketamine anymore, if he even was to begin with. Just full on shooting up the K every day.
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

  9. #5689
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Edit: Just reinstated. I wonder what Musk will say.
    Though apparently under shadowban and search restrictions, so you can only find her posts by going to her account? Unverified as I haven't checked personally but saw some chatter about this.

    All the same, what a major victory for FREEZE PEACH ABSOLUTE VODKDA Elon Musk. The mans commitment to Freeze Peach is truly commendable.

  10. #5690
    Immortal Poopymonster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Neverland Ranch Survivor
    Posts
    7,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Karreck View Post
    I don't think he is "micro-dosing" ketamine anymore, if he even was to begin with. Just full on shooting up the K every day.
    He's moved onto macro-dosing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok


    If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

  11. #5691
    Go figure the piece of dog feces bans accounts when called upon by his master Putin. I scrolled quick on Twitter and no major news organization has picked up on this. While not a game breaker or anything; surprised since this is some Navalny news.

    I just wish for me that all the news organizations and reporters would find a damn platform and move there.
    "You think you just fell out of a coconut tree?’

  12. #5692
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Go figure the piece of dog feces bans accounts when called upon by his master Putin. I scrolled quick on Twitter and no major news organization has picked up on this. While not a game breaker or anything; surprised since this is some Navalny news.

    I just wish for me that all the news organizations and reporters would find a damn platform and move there.
    https://newrepublic.com/post/179142/...locked-twitter
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/navaln...onfronts-putin
    https://news.sky.com/story/alexei-na...ended-13076185
    https://www.politico.eu/article/yuli...-suspension-x/
    https://www.independent.co.uk/tech/t...-b2499175.html
    https://www.cnbc.com/2024/02/20/x-su...navalnaya.html
    https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...nt-2024-02-20/
    https://www.barrons.com/news/social-...count-a7b0ac50
    https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/20/w...x-account.html
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-accused-putin
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-68350222
    https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...in-1234971249/

    I'm unsure why you would think Twitter would be a good place to find coverage of this news given that her account remains "shadowbanned". Because it sure looks like this has been pretty extensively reported on by major national and international news outlets, as well as plenty of smaller ones.

    Like it or not, even as Twitter's influence and userbase decline (and bots increase), it's still the platform for "in the moment" information and reactions that other social media platforms aren't. And it will continue to be for quite some time until it gets bad enough and a halfway decent alternative gains enough momentum. Because these outlets have joined other social media platforms and all, but like...maybe the problem is going to social media platforms to look for news/reporting instead of going to the outlets themselves?

  13. #5693
    Reuters: X says it briefly suspended Yulia Navalnaya's social media account due to error

    CNBC: X social media platform restores account of Navalny’s widow, Yulia Navalnaya, after brief suspension

    Sky: Alexei Navalny's widow Yulia Navalnaya has X social media account suspended

    NYT: Yulia Navalnaya’s Account Is Briefly Suspended by X

    BBC: X briefly suspends account of Alexei Navalny's widow

    "No mAjOr NEws orGANizaTioNS!!!11!" Maybe just take the hint and get off of Twitter since most people--and organizations--with an ounce of sense already have.

    EDIT: Bah, Edge got me while I was feeding the kitties after a 10-second Google search.

  14. #5694
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Go figure the piece of dog feces bans accounts when called upon by his master Putin.
    I know this is the place to shit on Elon, but come on, do you relay think Putin (or his henchmen) did call Elon, and order him to close the account?

    Alternative, Putin Bot-farm and troll factory mass flag the account, Twitter/X automation close the account, and a short time later a human review it and restore it.

  15. #5695
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantomen View Post
    I know this is the place to shit on Elon, but come on, do you relay think Putin (or his henchmen) did call Elon, and order him to close the account?

    Alternative, Putin Bot-farm and troll factory mass flag the account, Twitter/X automation close the account, and a short time later a human review it and restore it.
    While I don't think there was a phone call or anything, I do think this is the result of the policy changes instituted since Elon took over the company. It seems to be hitting a lot more "innocent victims", especially considering that despite the unban her account remains "shadowbanned" and one can only see her tweets by accessing them directly.

  16. #5696
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    23,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Go figure the piece of dog feces bans accounts when called upon by his master Putin. I scrolled quick on Twitter and no major news organization has picked up on this. While not a game breaker or anything; surprised since this is some Navalny news.

    I just wish for me that all the news organizations and reporters would find a damn platform and move there.
    repeat after me


    Twitter is not a news source.


    one more time.


    Twitter is not a news source.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

  17. #5697
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    repeat after me


    Twitter is not a news source.


    one more time.


    Twitter is not a news source.
    Stop being obtuse.

    Every major news source has a Twitter account. Its not too difficult to know which news sources to use.

    Twitter is still one of the better platforms for breaking news and up to date.

    If you want to play the game of Twitter itself. Well no shit, all it is a social media platform.

    The reason why this thread is so long and many posts in here criticize how the platform has gone down hill.

    Almost everyone in here will source from Twitter.
    "You think you just fell out of a coconut tree?’

  18. #5698
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Stop being obtuse.

    Every major news source has a Twitter account. Its not too difficult to know which news sources to use.

    Twitter is still one of the better platforms for breaking news and up to date.
    But for accurate news...increasingly not. Especially as we've seen with the avalanche of misinformation coming out from both the Ukraine and Israel wars and Elon personally directing employees to manipulate results and feeds.

    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    If you want to play the game of Twitter itself. Well no shit, all it is a social media platform.

    The reason why this thread is so long and many posts in here criticize how the platform has gone down hill.

    Almost everyone in here will source from Twitter.
    We'll source to Twitter, but few of us treat Twitter as a search engine or reflective of reality outside of Twitter because it is not and has never been a search engine (remember that time that one dude volunteered to fix the broken search functionality? and then fucked off after a few weeks because it was hard work and that's not what he signed up to do for free? [it was literally what he signed up to do for free]). And I'd imagine that if an account is being specifically shadowbanned, then similarly discussion relating to that shadowbanned account would likely be suppressed.

    The point some are making is that you could have dispelled your confusion with a simple web search - even Google in its decayed state did the trick and showed results within a fraction of a second of searching. Instead you went to the boring, rarely correct, "Lamestream media is ignoring this big story!", which is objectively incorrect as has been shown.

  19. #5699
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    23,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Stop being obtuse.

    Every major news source has a Twitter account. Its not too difficult to know which news sources to use.

    Twitter is still one of the better platforms for breaking news and up to date.

    If you want to play the game of Twitter itself. Well no shit, all it is a social media platform.

    The reason why this thread is so long and many posts in here criticize how the platform has gone down hill.

    Almost everyone in here will source from Twitter.
    Says the guy that just tried to search twitter for news and couldn't find it.



    One last time

    Twitter is not a news source.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

  20. #5700
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    But for accurate news...increasingly not. Especially as we've seen with the avalanche of misinformation coming out from both the Ukraine and Israel wars and Elon personally directing employees to manipulate results and feeds.
    Again I say major news source; aka CNN, The Hill, BBC, etc. So if you want to get pejorative about all the bs Twitter has become, where do you think I have ever defended this.

    We'll source to Twitter, but few of us treat Twitter as a search engine
    I don't know what this has to do with my comment on it being a social media platform and me again even mentioning of the downfall of the platform.
    "You think you just fell out of a coconut tree?’

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •