Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Maybe not. The motion to push the trial back is denied. The judge also said that Musk can file those whistleblower claims, but of course, if there's no proof they're correct, then Musk doesn't have a legal "out". He'll be forced to pay that billion dollar fine, and still not own Twitter.
    I'm really just enjoying the shenanigans with Twitter and Musk - and quietly hoping his slow-rolling mental breakdown doesn't affect SpaceX before their succession plan is initiated.

The judge's comments re due diligence were funny.

Twitter should ban him for a laugh

Welcome to MMO-C. One you realize that the median poster is a Johnny Depp fanboi that consume 8 hours of youtube a day. You realize it's hopeless.

I'd ask why people continue to simp for this man but I know it's because he's basically just a televangelist for atheists, as I've said previously.
    The Were/Was Army: "Nooo you can't just vaporize my entire armored division, we had such a manly recruitment ad!"
    The They/Them Army: "Omg integrated fire support?? Go off queen sksksks, JDAMs are such a gemini thing."

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I'd ask why people continue to simp for this man but I know it's because he's basically just a televangelist for atheists, as I've said previously.
    Not just atheists, but atheists with a lot of disposable income and time. It's a like perfect storm of the Revolution of Life's Disappointment, meeting the Greatest Generational transfer of wealth in history.

Instead of therapy, people are buying meme flame throwers.
    Welcome to MMO-C. One you realize that the median poster is a Johnny Depp fanboi that consume 8 hours of youtube a day. You realize it's hopeless.

Maybe not. The motion to push the trial back is denied. The judge also said that Musk can file those whistleblower claims, but of course, if there's no proof they're correct, then Musk doesn't have a legal "out". He'll be forced to pay that billion dollar fine, and still not own Twitter.
    Not so fast!

The billion dollar "fine" is his potential out; the other alternative is simply that he pays up (and gets to own twitter).

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    The billion dollar "fine" is his potential out
    Well, I think Musk is trying to frame a narrative for the court that he doesn't have to fulfill that obligation, either, because something something Twitter ??? underpants.

I hope it fails. Musk has proven to be a faithless investor.

Considering he made up the hyperloop to try and derail the California Highspeed Rail plan
    And is the master of bad public transit plans everywhere... Not surprising.
    - Lars

Well, I think Musk is trying to frame a narrative for the court that he doesn't have to fulfill that obligation, either, because something something Twitter ??? underpants.

I hope it fails. Musk has proven to be a faithless investor.
    The chances are very low that he will win the case against twitter because the precedent it would set would harm the M&A market at large. Twitter has no reason to accept the peanut settlement and lose billions that's like getting $100 for losing 100K.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    The chances are very low that he will win the case against twitter because the precedent it would set would harm the M&A market at large.
    I do hope you're right. I would hate for the way to beat a good-faith clause (like the $1 billion fine would be to make shit up, but never prove in court.

Looks like Elon forgot to Due Diligence <again>.

Id he so untouchable now that he fears no consequences for embracing the worst of politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Halloween Voter View Post
    Looks like Elon forgot to Due Diligence <again>.

Id he so untouchable now that he fears no consequences for embracing the worst of politics.
    Let me guess Elon Musk hasn't moved closer to Russia, Ukraine moved away from him blah blah blah blah

Honestly I am not surprised by Mr Starlink here, sticking his nose into a conflict and spreading his bullshit advice as if NOW he earned the right.

As I said with Taiwan and Said with Ukraine, this is NONE of our business. If people want to pull their support for Russia and those that do business with Russia like China etcetera I think that is their prerogative. However Elon Musk and his BS are long since ay past due for some intervention.

At this point if Elon Musk's makes any more moves to influence or deteriorate any political or economic situation of any sovereign nation he is not a citizen of, he ought to be looking at serious sanctions and criminal charges here in the U.S along with any international War Crimes.

Seriously shit like this and tweets like this get people killed.
    #ANTIFA "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Let me guess Elon Musk hasn't moved closer to Russia, Ukraine moved away from him blah blah blah blah

Honestly I am not surprised by Mr Starlink here, sticking his nose into a conflict and spreading his bullshit advice as if NOW he earned the right.

As I said with Taiwan and Said with Ukraine, this is NONE of our business. If people want to pull their support for Russia and those that do business with Russia like China etcetera I think that is their prerogative. However Elon Musk and his BS are long since ay past due for some intervention.

At this point if Elon Musk's makes any more moves to influence or deteriorate any political or economic situation of any sovereign nation he is not a citizen of, he ought to be looking at serious sanctions and criminal charges here in the U.S along with any international War Crimes.

Seriously shit like this and tweets like this get people killed.
    One sovereign nation invading another is very much the United States' business. However, it's absolutely NONE of Musk's.

Lol re war crimes...I mean, I know you hate the guy, but slow down with the Geneva Convention bullshit. Must might be slow rolling into insanity, but nothing he's doing is even remotely in that category. He can't even see that category from where he's commenting.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    Isn't Ukraine currently getting internet from StarLink that was donated by Elon? I'm not saying they should let him run his mouth like that, but offering a token of politeness rather than telling him to fuck off is probably a decent idea... If he can just pull the plug and take their internet away, that would not be great.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    One sovereign nation invading another is very much the United States' business. However, it's absolutely NONE of Musk's.

Lol re war crimes...I mean, I know you hate the guy, but slow down with the Geneva Convention bullshit. Must might be slow rolling into insanity, but nothing he's doing is even remotely in that category. He can't even see that category from where he's commenting.
    Offering up his own company's resources and then making suggestions on what they should do concerning their country, yeah, I am not a Musk fan like you he has more than stepped over the line.
    #ANTIFA "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Isn't Ukraine currently getting internet from StarLink that was donated by Elon? I'm not saying they should let him run his mouth like that, but offering a token of politeness rather than telling him to fuck off is probably a decent idea... If he can just pull the plug and take their internet away, that would not be great.
    Sorta kinda not really. US government paid for a lot of the costs associated with getting Starlink operational. Not all of them, because it was a huge PR win for Elon that didn't result in him being sued for defamation at least.

And no, every Ukranian diplomat and official telling him to fuck off is absolutely right. He's shilling Russian talking points and deserves to be told to shut the fuck up and not try to make everything about his dumb, egocentric ass. He fairly consistently has terrible takes, too.

I'm only assuming that the Telsa robot didn't generate enough hype and attention for him that he felt he needed to do some bomb throwing for controversy.

Also, if he shuts off Starlink because he was rightfully told to shut the fuck up and fuck off then he's a more petty, small, pathetic person than he seems to be nowadays. Also I don't imagine it would bode well for his other companies if the guy in charge is a petulant, temperamental, unpredictable nutjob.

On topic: Looks like musk will pay full price.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Sorta kinda not really. US government paid for a lot of the costs associated with getting Starlink operational. Not all of them, because it was a huge PR win for Elon that didn't result in him being sued for defamation at least.

And no, every Ukranian diplomat and official telling him to fuck off is absolutely right. He's shilling Russian talking points and deserves to be told to shut the fuck up and not try to make everything about his dumb, egocentric ass. He fairly consistently has terrible takes, too.

I'm only assuming that the Telsa robot didn't generate enough hype and attention for him that he felt he needed to do some bomb throwing for controversy.

Also, if he shuts off Starlink because he was rightfully told to shut the fuck up and fuck off then he's a more petty, small, pathetic person than he seems to be nowadays. Also I don't imagine it would bode well for his other companies if the guy in charge is a petulant, temperamental, unpredictable nutjob.
    Oh good. If the US covered a lot of costs, then chances are he can't just pull out. Good to know!

https://thehill.com/policy/technolog...takeover-deal/

So...Twitter trading halted, is it finally happening?

THE geNIuS ThaT inVEnteD ElEctRic carS, onliNe payMeNT PRoCesSOrS, spAcE ShiPs, hYPerlOOS; Is NOW PAyiNg $54.20 a share for Twitter.

Really want to see the "financing" behind this.