Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    wont it cause a one man bank run on tesla?

He has to sell his shares to cover the debt + shares to cover the tax, it will be a firesale?

also vaguely funny that the richest man in the worlds innovation is landlording.
    If he wants to. He doesnt have to, if he just decides to not pay because the company doesnt make enough money the lenders get the company and its their problem now. Its funny like that. Banks loaned him money on the reasonable assumption he wants to keep being the owner of twitter

https://twitter.com/AstroKatie/statu...86886150512640

Fuckin lol, the executive that ran ad sales and shit and was going to try to keep advertisers on the platform seems to have either been forced our or resigned voluntarily two days after the takeover.

This is absolutely the kind of stability that advertisers love most. Elon just cleaning out the executive team to be replaced with...who the fuck knows.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    If he wants to. He doesnt have to, if he just decides to not pay because the company doesnt make enough money the lenders get the company and its their problem now. Its funny like that. Banks loaned him money on the reasonable assumption he wants to keep being the owner of twitter
    And make himself toxic for further investment and loans due to the risk of him just deciding he's no longer interested in something.

Really, these are the true galaxy brain plays.

Only a small portion of the financing is based on his initial stake on twitter (4 billion), we can assume the rest he had to put other assets as collateral.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Fuckin lol, the executive that ran ad sales and shit and was going to try to keep advertisers on the platform seems to have either been forced our or resigned voluntarily two days after the takeover.

This is absolutely the kind of stability that advertisers love most. Elon just cleaning out the executive team to be replaced with...who the fuck knows.

- - - Updated - - -

And make himself toxic for further investment and loans due to the risk of him just deciding he's no longer interested in something.

And the banks have a 13 billion dollar hole in their balance sheets. There is a reason they are not selling that debt now and would rather wait for things to get better.

I dont think Musk plans to not pay the interest because he himself made like a 30+ billion dollar commitment to it and itd be weird to just let it go away like that

10+ Year Old Account
    If they can demonstrate the collapse was due to Musk's personal decisions as owner, those lenders absolute can file civil torts against him for the malfeasance that ruined the company.

Twitter isn't just his toy to do with as he pleases. He has responsibilities, now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Big brain playing Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Fourth-Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip Poker.

Head twat runs Twitter into the ground. What's left? Parler? Gab?
    Truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Big brain playing Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Fourth-Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip Poker.

Head twat runs Twitter into the ground. What's left? Parler? Gab?
    Truth.
    I don't think Twitter want to go that route.

Tamara Littleton is chief executive of social media agency The Social Element. She says: “The short answer is that we are seeing no interest whatsoever from any of the brands we work with in platforms like Truth Social or Parler. For most senior marketers, social is just one part of their wider marketing plan and they simply do not have the time to grapple with untested, potentially toxic platforms without a very clear strategy to back it up.

“What’s more, most marketers – save from some of the more tech-focused or agile brands – are reluctant to use any platform outside the norm: they don’t know if it is effective or brand safe. So many platforms come and go that marketers cannot invest into every single one: think Vine, BBM and more. Many of these came without the additional concerns around being viewed as a platform that backs non-mainstream political views. So for now, and for the foreseeable future, there will be very few brands sending ad money to the likes of these platforms.”

Media Bounty’s head of strategy and planning Polly Roberts elaborates: “We are probably one of the least likely agencies to work with clients that would be interested in appearing on Trump’s platform. Besides, it’s a big risk that most brands would want to avoid – in terms of the figures, but also in terms of environment and brand reputation.”

Bottom line, advertisers do not want to advertise on extreme platforms that will alienate half of their customer base. I'll repeat, name one major advertiser on one of these extreme platforms. There is a reason why Google and Facebook made every attempt to stay neutral.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2022-11-01 at 09:22 PM.

Campaigns. Like telling the people to vaccinate or something like that. It doesn't have to be radio either, printouts, spots on tv and so on. There is no reason why social media ought to be different when that's what they do anyways

Its super greedy from Musk if you ask me but whatever

- - - Updated - - -

The users post on twitter because they like it so its kind of symbiotic? If you like it that much you can pay for it too, more so for people that are blue checked that I assume liked it enough to go through the process of verification.

If Twitter defaults on payments its going to be super funny. What are the banks going to do with a social media company that couldnt pay its debts?

so are you saying now if they want to advertise on a radio station they will have to be verified and pay that radio station 8 dollars a month, even if they don't advertise 11 out of the 12 months?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/01/twit...on-tools-.html

In addition to laying off the majority of their content moderation staff -

Elon Musk’s Twitter has taken away certain content moderation and policy enforcement tools from some employees ahead of the U.S. midterm elections, according to Bloomberg News.

The move affects most employees who are part of Twitter’s Trust and Safety organization, Bloomberg reported on Tuesday, citing unnamed sources. The staffers are unable to address and discipline user accounts that violate Twitter’s rules around hate speech and misinformation unless they involve harm, the report said.
    Making sure the disinformation and misinformation firehose is primed and ready to go just before the US elections!

Also, I'm sure this will continue to make advertisers confident that Twitter is a platform where they want to spend money, lol. Elon's fast-tracking Twitter to end up like Gettr, Gab, Parler, Truth Social, and the other garbage fourth tier social media companies that will always remain tiny and niche because no advertiser wants their shit advertised there.

It has nothing to do with "social causes" and everything to do with companies acting in their best interests to maximize profit. If this triggers, you, then welcome to capitalism, broskito.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    More Elon.

Twitter’s current lords & peasants system for who has or doesn’t have a blue checkmark is bullshit.

Power to the people! Blue for $8/month.

So paying money for something is helping the peasants. Once effin more the rich or so called blue check marks right now are not bitching about the cost. This dumb mother effer.
    "Lordships should not be limited to those who were born to the right families. They should be open to anyone rich enough to buy one."

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    You will also get:
    - Priority in replies, mentions & search, which is essential to defeat spam/scam
    - Ability to post long video & audio
    - Half as many ads

Elon just posted this. Is he throwing darts at a board?

Priority in replies, mentions, etc. So you are paying to be boosted over a person who won't pay. That's free speech.

Post long vid and audio. Umm, the trend now where most Tik Toks are less than a minute. Shit is getting shorter not longer.

Ads!?!?!?!!? Ads!?!? Half as many? So you don't even get ad free and are you talking about ad spam you want to implement. Honestly ads have never clogged up my timeline that bad so far.

Elon Musk is now suggesting $8 per month to keep verified accounts. Many verified accounts are government officials meaning Twitter will be subsidized by state, local and federal governments with this plan?

Ooh I like this question.

So you would say here that government agencies and officials would be excluded. Does the head of EPA get verified, but lets say some orange guy is an office and doesn't recognize that office as part of the government just to spite Twitter verification. I mean nobody would be that petty.

More Elon.

Twitter’s current lords & peasants system for who has or doesn’t have a blue checkmark is bullshit.

Power to the people! Blue for $8/month.

So paying money for something is helping the peasants. Once effin more the rich or so called blue check marks right now are not bitching about the cost. This dumb mother effer.

This will also give Twitter a revenue stream to reward content creators

Wait I posted and twice in you letter you said "It's not about the money". If you get all 400k at $8/month is $48 million/year. That is pennies.
    Adding to this he needs Twitter to make 1.2 billion dollars a year to cover the interest on the debt

Today I am requesting the Committee on Foreign Investment — which reviews acquisitions of U.S. businesses by foreign buyers — to conduct an investigation into the national security implications of Saudi Arabia's purchase of Twitter

So this got fact checked.

We should be concerned that the Saudis, who have a clear interest in repressing political speech and impacting U.S. politics, are now the second-largest owner of a major social media platform.

As you read here, Murphy is not stating Saudi owns Twitter, but that they are the second largest investor (supposedly, since it's now a private company).

The fact check is a Reuters story really doesn't give us to back up the falsities. How is this a direct counter to Murphy?

Saudi Arabia's Kingdom Holding Company and the private office of Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal said on Friday that they will continue their ownership of Twitter (TWTR.N) shares valued at $1.89 billion after Elon Musk's takeover of the social media company, according to a statement tweeted by Prince Alwaleed.

I had to dive deep into the fact checked and how/why it happens. So I guess this is a new thing, before Musk purchased I will add, that this is crowdsourced as a way curb falst stories. Oh boy! This seems like an effin mess.

A key aspect as to how this system works is Birdwatch’s bridging algorithm. This is different from typical social media algorithms that rate higher or approve based on whether or not there’s a majority consensus, those that rank content higher when it reaches a certain level of engagement. Instead, Birdwatch’s algorithm looks to find consensus across groups where there are differing points of view before it highlights the crowdsourced fact-checks to other Twitter users.

So pretty much if you get enough people to dispute it, then they add a fact checked. Sounds reasonable until this one. If you look at the tweet and the news source link by Bloomberg News.. The post and the article are very vanilla more or less saying they want to investigate. So this needs to be fact checked?

Seems very obvious that this crowd source can be manipulated if you don't like the story. Sound familiar? Technically not censorship, but greying the area.

Some of my post got deleted but I will add this. This is more of a political stunt than really taking a deep dive into Saudi's investment in Twitter. But tell me if you see how this should be fact checked.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2022-11-02 at 05:40 AM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

SO I think it is going great ! Musk is destroying Twitter faster than I could have imagined.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Twitter will be destroyed, it will become more profitable but with like a tenth or twentieth of its user base.

Some people and companies always need a mouthpiece, and are willing to pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Begrudge View Post
    yes its a left wing echo chamber, just like every platform is an echo chamber for some political ideology, good job you figured out social media, each one is a think tank for political conspiracy
    I sincerely doubt you can even grasp what most people use twitter for, it's NOT discussing politics there is nothing inherently political about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    I don't think Twitter will be destroyed, it will become more profitable but with like a tenth or twentieth of its user base.

Some people and companies always need a mouthpiece, and are willing to pay for it.
    I don't think Twitter is going anywhere anytime soon.

For it to be destroyed or become tenth of what it is now - there needs to be a good and recognized by the masses alternative and right now there is not one in quite the same format.

When there will be an identical alternative that actually catches on, then there will be a place to talk about that.

As much as I dislike Elon Musk, twitter will not be replaced because of this. There aren't any decent alternatives yet to what it does. What I find crazy is the political focus; the vast majority of the user base is not using twitter to read the news . . .

10+ Year Old Account
    I see a flaw with this $8 purchasing parity. If it's adjusted to GDP per capita with the US as its base, the equivalent of $8 a month in the US will be worth like 10-20 cents in the poorest regions of Africa.

So basically this means I can buy a bot farm of several thousand accounts for a couple hundred per month in Sudan or whatever to spam leftist or rightist drivel and push my agenda.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2022-11-02 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    As much as I dislike Elon Musk, twitter will not be replaced because of this. There aren't any decent alternatives yet to what it does. What I find crazy is the political focus; the vast majority of the user base is not using twitter to read the news . . .
    I am not so sure about that, what does twitter do that most social media sites don't do already? that's the reason it's been struggling with growth and profitability. It's not a unique platform it's not going to die overnight more like a slow bleeding and other platforms will gain as a result. All Elon is doing is speeding up a process that was already under way.

Before the Musk buy, what's the difference between twitter and instagram?