Has this thread shifted to pretending that Tim Pool isn't a far right mouthpiece, just because the drooling imbecile has claimed he's not on twitter? Jesus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Has this thread shifted to pretending that Tim Pool isn't a far right mouthpiece, just because the drooling imbecile has claimed he's not on twitter? Jesus.
    It's apparently the new talking points, applied to Tucker Fuckerson too.

Deny that they're bigoted far-right shitbirds, claim you can't tell that from their words alone (you can), and instead, to determine if literally anyone is a bigot of some flavor, you need a magical form of soul-sight that lets you look past objective reality and see their immortal souls laid bare before you.

These people would claim you can't know that Hitler was an anti-semite, by the same standard. It's obvious dishonest horse shit and every single one pushing this garbage is a bad-faith actor whose goal is to disrupt discussion and be a waste of everyone's time, because any effort spent debunking them is not spent on pointing out bigotry.

Just make fun of them for being absolutely fucking ridiculous and move on.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    He opposes vaccinations,
    That's not a right wing policy though, that one would be closer to a libertarian policy in regards to bodily autonomy. Like even the worst criminals in prison should have bodily autonomy rights in terms of what goes in their body.
    abortion,
    Okay yes that is very right wing if he has said that abortion shouldn't be an option available to women. If he was just quibbling about the specifics of Roe v Wade or something like that then that's not as big of a deal.
    gender-affirming care,
    It's right wing and authoritarian if he wants to enforce traditional gender norms, but it's possible he is just criticizing what he views as excessive gender sensitivity.
    and probably western medicine in general.
    Oh is he one of those traditional/holistic medicine people? It's like believing in magic, it doesn't work in an explainable way.

---

Anyways getting back to the topic; Elon Musk. He does not really support right wing policy and as far as Twitter he will not try to boost the right wing or silence the left wing. He's above that kind of nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Anyways getting back to the topic; Elon Musk. He does not really support right wing policy and as far as Twitter he will not try to boost the right wing or silence the left wing. He's above that kind of nonsense.
    Zero evidence supporting any of this.

Musk is a capitalist, and that basically guarantees he's a right-winger all by itself. You can't continue being a capitalist and call yourself a left-winger. The two concepts are directly antithetical.

It's right wing and authoritarian if he wants to enforce traditional gender norms, but it's possible he is just criticizing what he views as excessive gender sensitivity.
    Tell us what you think "excessive gender sensitivity" means.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Eh, I'm not even ever suprised by takes from the likes of extreme right wingers like @PC2 and @D3thray or any of these peoples anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Zero evidence supporting any of this.

Musk is a capitalist, and that basically guarantees he's a right-winger all by itself. You can't continue being a capitalist and call yourself a left-winger. The two concepts are directly antithetical.
    Pretty much.

Kinda funny watching people claiming libertarianism isn't right wing when it's functionally a philosophy of "I don't want the gay homeless man to die because he's gay, I want him to die because he's homeless."
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Do you have evidence that this is the case?
    Musk is pretty much god to him you can't question faith.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Musk is pretty much god to him you can't question faith.
    Musk is a normal fallible person just like everyone else. For me I've been interested in technology and engineering ever since I was a kid reading Popular Mechanics/Science magazines, and I've always been interested in entrepreneurship, innovation, and start-ups. It seems that Elon Musk is currently the best role model in the world in this regard.

Musk is a normal fallible person just like everyone else. For me I've been interested in technology and engineering ever since I was a kid reading Popular Mechanics/Science magazines, and I've always been interested in entrepreneurship, innovation, and start-ups. It seems that Elon Musk is currently the best role model in the world in this regard.
    If he's a "normal fallible person"... how can he also be "above such nonsense"
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Buying a startup doesn't make one an entrepeneur. Musk has done precisely zero innovation. He's a trust fund rich kid who's made his money off the backs of those creating those innovations.

That's not a right wing policy though, that one would be closer to a libertarian policy in regards to bodily autonomy. Like even the worst criminals in prison should have bodily autonomy rights in terms of what goes in their body.
    No, it's a right-wing position in that they want vaccines outlawed.

Okay yes that is very right wing if he has said that abortion shouldn't be an option available to women. If he was just quibbling about the specifics of Roe v Wade or something like that then that's not as big of a deal.
    He's said he wants Roe overturned so he can force someone to marry him by stealthing.

It's the former.

Oh is he one of those traditional/holistic medicine people? It's like believing in magic, it doesn't work in an explainable way.
    Yeah, lots of right-wingers oppose medicine. They see it as a way for "weak" to become "strong".
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

7+ Year Old Account
    Buying a startup doesn't make one an entrepeneur.
    Yes it does in many cases. If anyone buys a new business that is not currently profitable or has a low value and then they do something new that makes it much more valuable then they're still a successful entrepreneur. (Most entrepreneurial projects will be a failure though.)
    Musk has done precisely zero innovation.
    PayPal, Tesla, SpaceX... He contributed to innovations in financial transactions, electric batteries and cars, re-usable commercial space rockets, etc.
    He's a trust fund rich kid
    Awesome, when a family is financially prosperous that's a good thing.
    who's made his money off the backs of creating those innovations.
    Nope he earned his money and he did not unfairly exploit his employees. If you don't have proof to the contrary then he is innocent.

10+ Year Old Account
    PayPal, Tesla, SpaceX... He contributed to innovations in financial transactions, electric batteries and cars, re-usable commercial space rockets, etc.
    Buying up a company that's already doing great things does not mean that you're doing great things.

Musk is not an innovator by any stretch of the word.

Nope he earned his money and he did not unfairly exploit his employees. If you don't have proof to the contrary then he is innocent.
    The fact that he's worth billions categorically proves that claim false.

Y

LOL not only did he exploit employees but he exploited the tax payers of this country as well.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/25/b...ey%20unionized.

The National Labor Relations Board on Thursday upheld a 2019 ruling that Tesla had illegally fired a worker involved in union organizing and that the company’s chief executive, Elon Musk, had illegally threatened workers with the loss of stock options if they unionized.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/15/elon...-must-pay.html

In 2014, a handful of former employees claiming unfair compensation brought suits against SpaceX that California courts joined into one class action lawsuit. The company agreed to settle in August 2016 and finalized a settlement for about $4 million in May, according to Inverse. Although one of the litigants sought to block the settlement, he lost.
    California law requires rest periods for employees every four hours, along with breaks for meals. SpaceX’s shifts were designed such that workers couldn’t take these breaks, but were also not paid more for working these hours instead of resting.
    In April 2015, named plaintiff Sebring Whitaker filed his own suit, also alleging that SpaceX didn’t adequately pay him and similar nonexempt employees for normal and overtime work and didn’t adequately provide required meal and rest breaks.

And in October, named plaintiff Stan Saporito filed his own suit alleging the company doesn’t provide enough labor hours to its workers for everything that needs to get done, then requires them to work off the clock to finish tasks.
    "Innocent" he says

7+ Year Old Account
    Buying up a company that's already doing great things does not mean that you're doing great things.
    An investor gets credit/blame for what happens to a business AFTER it is purchased but not before. I think everyone can agree on this.
    Musk is not an innovator by any stretch of the word.
    He is the leader of multiple innovative businesses and he also makes some engineering contributions to the new products that he brings to market.
    The fact that he's worth billions categorically proves that claim false.
    Well reality and society disagrees with you, which is why billionaires like Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos control over a hundred billion dollars and will probably grow their fortune to over a trillion dollars over the next decade!
    Last edited by PC2; 2022-05-05 at 09:27 PM.

Well reality and society disagrees with you, which is why billionaires like Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos control over a hundred billion dollars and will probably grow their fortune to over a trillion dollars over the next decade!
    Gonna shill for Jeff "My employees have to wear diapers at work" Bezos as well?

How does them being billionaires lead to the conclusion that "reality" and "society" disagree with the notion that Musk is exploiting his workers?
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2022-05-05 at 09:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Please educate me on why this is a good thing.
    You'll have to give him a moment. He's busy trying to manufacture an argument for how denying your workers the breaks they are legally entitled to and making them work off the clock is not unfairly exploiting them