Quote Originally Posted by Fantomen View Post
    It depend on how mutch rust, if the car is 7% rust the estimated is right. But if it was 50% rust, the orginal estimate is either gross incompetence or a lie. The only winners will be the the lawyers.
    And if they are that incompetent or lied Musk should have discovered that as part of due diligence before making the offer, or making the low percentage of bots a condition of the offer.

I assume you have not seen due diligence as part of M&A up close?

10+ Year Old Account
    He said over 3 weeks ago "authenticate all real humans" so he knew twitter had a bot/alt account issue
    Him gasping and trying to run now is because some accountant of his just explained this wouldnt end with him ahead

He buys twitter and lets the assholes loose, twitter becomes the next myspace. Cause most the people will leave, the trolls (the same ones that claim they'll stay/comeback if those rules are gone) will then follow those people because the only reason they want to be there is to "own the libs", and the advertisers will leave as well. The only thing that stops another twitter from showing up is the "its not worth moving and losing my followers/ people I follow" But if you're suddenly stuck having to fight off assholes 24/7, that value in staying drops.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

10+ Year Old Account
    LMAO @ Musk's recent twitter feed. He wants to get out BAD. I hope Twitter gets every last dollar out of this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    LMAO @ Musk's recent twitter feed. He wants to get out BAD. I hope Twitter gets every last dollar out of this guy.
    https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1525612988115320838

Oh man, he even pinned his fucking big-smoothbrain moment.

Man I've been fuckin calling it since early on, he played a game of chicken with Twitter and fully expected them to blink. Twitter didn't blink. So now he's trying to find a way out of the deal while saving some face publicly, which likely means violating the NDA and other terms by shitposting on Twitter than then crying like he's some kind of victim for having to pay the penalty and not being allowed to buy Twitter.

Musk is gonna be the leader of the smoothbrains.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Man I've been fuckin calling it since early on, he played a game of chicken with Twitter and fully expected them to blink. Twitter didn't blink. So now he's trying to find a way out of the deal while saving some face publicly, which likely means violating the NDA and other terms by shitposting on Twitter than then crying like he's some kind of victim for having to pay the penalty and not being allowed to buy Twitter.

Jokes on him if Twitter just levies financial penalties against Musk for breaking terms in their agreement that goes right to their board, and lets him buy them anyways. Let them milk our Muskox for all he's worth.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Imagine the people who think this smooth brain is a genius. Oh wait, we don't have to imagine....

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Imagine the people who think this smooth brain is a genius. Oh wait, we don't have to imagine....
    If you only have 3 ripples in your brain, someone with 4 ripples is like, a supergenius. 33% more surface area! (I know that's not how it works, but roll with the joke).

If you only have 3 ripples in your brain, someone with 4 ripples is like, a supergenius. 33% more surface area! (I know that's not how it works, but roll with the joke).
    One ripple to breath, one ripple to type on the internet, and one ripple to worship the alter of Musk. The math adds up.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    If you see a used car with some rust with a sticker saying it has some rust - estimated to be less than 5% of the surface, but you notice that there might be more rust, you don't first sign a contract to buy it without conditions, and then try to renegotiate based on the rust.
    But the seller did say they did a complet overview and estemated it was only 5% rust. I know you can play louse with an estimate. But which % do it become a intentional fraud? 10% 50% 90%

But the seller did say they did a complet overview and estemated it was only 5% rust. I know you can play louse with an estimate. But which % do it become a intentional fraud? 10% 50% 90%
    That depends on what they did, and the buyer skipped due diligence; instead of checking that first like a sane person.

But there might be a fraudster - although not the seller.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    That depends on what they did, and the buyer skipped due diligence; instead of checking that first like a sane person.
    No, enter into an agreement before any due diligence, on a whim because you're desperate for attention. This way you can complain about the bad deal you entered after the fact and get even more attention!

No, enter into an agreement before any due diligence
    So tell me, if a company report somthing on a stock holder meeting and to SEC , can they lie as much they want, as long they say estemated? Is there no demand that a company need to do a proper diligence then doing estimatemations?

you're desperate for attention.
    Do not get me wrong I think Eon love attention. But do you realy think he is ruled by his vanity then he can save several billions of dollar, by "prove" that Twitter intentionally or with incompetence "estimate" the number of bots incorrectly by a large margin.

Do not get me wrong I think Eon love attention. But do you realy think he is ruled by his vanity then he can save several billions of dollar, by "prove" that Twitter intentionally or with incompetence "estimate" the number of bots incorrectly by a large margin.
    Okay, then he can go ahead and "prove" that they are fudging the numbers... doesn't really change anything though.

I don't really see how it matters much anyway. When (if) the sale goes through, if he feels that their estimations are off...he can implement new policies for dealing with bots and new methods of determing how many bot accounts there are. I mean, isn't he saying the whole point of him buying Twitter is to fix what's broken? Isn't he supposed to Make Social Media Great Again?
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

So tell me, if a company report somthing on a stock holder meeting and to SEC , can they lie as much they want, as long they say estemated? Is there no demand that a company need to do a proper diligence then doing estimatemations?
    I mean yeah...depending on how ballsy they are and how confident they are they won't get caught. Remember Enron imploding? I'm under no illusion that companies bend these reports in their interests wherever possible, depending on how comfortable they are with it. Also, one would imagine that a potential buyer might be able to demand a bit more transparency and data to back up those claims before signing anything.

Proper due diligence is much, much more than just reading their mandatory public filings.

But do you realy think he is ruled by his vanity then he can save several billions of dollar, by "prove" that Twitter intentionally or with incompetence "estimate" the number of bots incorrectly by a large margin.
    I think he is ruled by his vanity, yes. But that's not what I'm saying happened.

Elon memed an offer for Twitter (54.20...420 lol) because he's also salty the SEC fined him for tweeting about securing funding to take Tesla private when he had not and was not intending to (he cried about it not too long before the Twitter shit). He in no way expected Twitter to seriously consider his offer and fully expected them to reject it. He gets to portray himself as some folk hero who tried to "save Twitter" and gets the bonus of trolling the FEC.

Problem is that Twitter probably realized it was a game of chicken and didn't blink, since they have much less to lose selling to him and cashing the fuck out (including investors) than he does in buying the company. So there we go, he's not on a crash course and seeing the value of his Tesla stock fall, losing him tens of billions in wealth in the process, and he's suddenly having to come up with a narrative to fit all this while trying to figure out a face-saving way to get the fuck out of the deal.

He doesn't give a shit about freeze peach. He doesn't give a shit about authentic Twitter users vs. bots. He gives a shit about attention. Hence why he's been simping in the comments sections of most of Twitters most/least favorite conservative influences and playing to his new conservative leaning audience who suddenly holy shit fuckin love Musk-senpai. Hence why he spent most of today having a bit of a meltdown on Twitter.

I mean, poor person spends all their day shitposting on Twitter and, "Get a job and stop wasting your life!" Elon spends a day shitposting on Twitter and that's actually very smart and he's really mr galaxy brain.

10+ Year Old Account
    He did a smooth one on them.

Twitter boards wants to sell, so right now Musk is trying to drag the price down and likely he will succeed. He won't mind saving a few bils.

If Elon Musk had any sense of preservation of the species, he'd secure-erase the entirety of Twitter the nanosecond he has absolute control and say over its status.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    He did a smooth one on them.

Twitter boards wants to sell, so right now Musk is trying to drag the price down and likely he will succeed. He won't mind saving a few bils.
    they should ban him from twitter, the boss move.

Proper due diligence is much, much more than just reading their mandatory public filings.
    Yes, and the point about reading public filings is that you actually have to read them.

Musk seems to believe that Twitter claimed that less than 5% of the accounts are bots or otherwise fake. They didn't - they claimed that they estimated that less than 5% of some set of daily active users are bots or otherwise fake; and see below

I mean, poor person spends all their day shitposting on Twitter and, "Get a job and stop wasting your life!" Elon spends a day shitposting on Twitter and that's actually very smart and he's really mr galaxy brain.
    True, and if the poor person heeds the advise they become part of the "inactive accounts" that are reported in all the stories about massive numbers of fake followers - but not included in Twitter's statistics.

In the past I voted Democrat, because they were (mostly) the kindness party.

But they have become the party of division & hate, so I can no longer support them and will vote Republican.

Now, watch their dirty tricks campaign against me unfold

Alright getting political here. I'll give my take which is in the middle as best I can.

This is a stupid statement and bias. Yes, I say I will stay mid but him trying to equate the Democrats have become more evil or the Republicans are the most kind is effin funny. Again, if you hate the Left/Dems and not on the team, Musk equating the party that the majority of the party members were trying to overthrow our country is delusional that this is the right party.

I love this tweet from April 27th, 2022 from Musk.

For Twitter to deserve public trust, it must be politically neutral, which effectively means upsetting the far right and the far left equally

Stay WOKE Elon, stay woke!
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2022-05-18 at 06:58 PM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Stay WOKE Elon, stay woke!
    He's been simping for attention in the comments section of all Twitter's favorite alt-right influencers. And it's working fantastically, as he has a new crowd of devoted cultists in his cult of personality.

It's not political, it's all about his ego and his need for constant validation.