10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    The billion dollar "fine" is his potential out
    Well, I think Musk is trying to frame a narrative for the court that he doesn't have to fulfill that obligation, either, because something something Twitter ??? underpants.

I hope it fails. Musk has proven to be a faithless investor.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Considering he made up the hyperloop to try and derail the California Highspeed Rail plan
    And is the master of bad public transit plans everywhere... Not surprising.
    - Lars

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Well, I think Musk is trying to frame a narrative for the court that he doesn't have to fulfill that obligation, either, because something something Twitter ??? underpants.

I hope it fails. Musk has proven to be a faithless investor.
    The chances are very low that he will win the case against twitter because the precedent it would set would harm the M&A market at large. Twitter has no reason to accept the peanut settlement and lose billions that's like getting $100 for losing 100K.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    The chances are very low that he will win the case against twitter because the precedent it would set would harm the M&A market at large.
    I do hope you're right. I would hate for the way to beat a good-faith clause (like the $1 billion fine would be to make shit up, but never prove in court.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Elon forgot to Due Diligence <again>.

Id he so untouchable now that he fears no consequences for embracing the worst of politics.
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Halloween Voter View Post
    Looks like Elon forgot to Due Diligence <again>.

Id he so untouchable now that he fears no consequences for embracing the worst of politics.
    Let me guess Elon Musk hasn't moved closer to Russia, Ukraine moved away from him blah blah blah blah

Honestly I am not surprised by Mr Starlink here, sticking his nose into a conflict and spreading his bullshit advice as if NOW he earned the right.

As I said with Taiwan and Said with Ukraine, this is NONE of our business. If people want to pull their support for Russia and those that do business with Russia like China etcetera I think that is their prerogative. However Elon Musk and his BS are long since ay past due for some intervention.

At this point if Elon Musk's makes any more moves to influence or deteriorate any political or economic situation of any sovereign nation he is not a citizen of, he ought to be looking at serious sanctions and criminal charges here in the U.S along with any international War Crimes.

Seriously shit like this and tweets like this get people killed.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Let me guess Elon Musk hasn't moved closer to Russia, Ukraine moved away from him blah blah blah blah

Honestly I am not surprised by Mr Starlink here, sticking his nose into a conflict and spreading his bullshit advice as if NOW he earned the right.

As I said with Taiwan and Said with Ukraine, this is NONE of our business. If people want to pull their support for Russia and those that do business with Russia like China etcetera I think that is their prerogative. However Elon Musk and his BS are long since ay past due for some intervention.

At this point if Elon Musk's makes any more moves to influence or deteriorate any political or economic situation of any sovereign nation he is not a citizen of, he ought to be looking at serious sanctions and criminal charges here in the U.S along with any international War Crimes.

Seriously shit like this and tweets like this get people killed.
    One sovereign nation invading another is very much the United States' business. However, it's absolutely NONE of Musk's.

Lol re war crimes...I mean, I know you hate the guy, but slow down with the Geneva Convention bullshit. Must might be slow rolling into insanity, but nothing he's doing is even remotely in that category. He can't even see that category from where he's commenting.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Isn't Ukraine currently getting internet from StarLink that was donated by Elon? I'm not saying they should let him run his mouth like that, but offering a token of politeness rather than telling him to fuck off is probably a decent idea... If he can just pull the plug and take their internet away, that would not be great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    One sovereign nation invading another is very much the United States' business. However, it's absolutely NONE of Musk's.

Lol re war crimes...I mean, I know you hate the guy, but slow down with the Geneva Convention bullshit. Must might be slow rolling into insanity, but nothing he's doing is even remotely in that category. He can't even see that category from where he's commenting.
    Offering up his own company's resources and then making suggestions on what they should do concerning their country, yeah, I am not a Musk fan like you he has more than stepped over the line.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Isn't Ukraine currently getting internet from StarLink that was donated by Elon? I'm not saying they should let him run his mouth like that, but offering a token of politeness rather than telling him to fuck off is probably a decent idea... If he can just pull the plug and take their internet away, that would not be great.
    Sorta kinda not really. US government paid for a lot of the costs associated with getting Starlink operational. Not all of them, because it was a huge PR win for Elon that didn't result in him being sued for defamation at least.

And no, every Ukranian diplomat and official telling him to fuck off is absolutely right. He's shilling Russian talking points and deserves to be told to shut the fuck up and not try to make everything about his dumb, egocentric ass. He fairly consistently has terrible takes, too.

I'm only assuming that the Telsa robot didn't generate enough hype and attention for him that he felt he needed to do some bomb throwing for controversy.

Also, if he shuts off Starlink because he was rightfully told to shut the fuck up and fuck off then he's a more petty, small, pathetic person than he seems to be nowadays. Also I don't imagine it would bode well for his other companies if the guy in charge is a petulant, temperamental, unpredictable nutjob.

On topic: Looks like musk will pay full price.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Sorta kinda not really. US government paid for a lot of the costs associated with getting Starlink operational. Not all of them, because it was a huge PR win for Elon that didn't result in him being sued for defamation at least.

And no, every Ukranian diplomat and official telling him to fuck off is absolutely right. He's shilling Russian talking points and deserves to be told to shut the fuck up and not try to make everything about his dumb, egocentric ass. He fairly consistently has terrible takes, too.

I'm only assuming that the Telsa robot didn't generate enough hype and attention for him that he felt he needed to do some bomb throwing for controversy.

Also, if he shuts off Starlink because he was rightfully told to shut the fuck up and fuck off then he's a more petty, small, pathetic person than he seems to be nowadays. Also I don't imagine it would bode well for his other companies if the guy in charge is a petulant, temperamental, unpredictable nutjob.
    Oh good. If the US covered a lot of costs, then chances are he can't just pull out. Good to know!

https://thehill.com/policy/technolog...takeover-deal/

So...Twitter trading halted, is it finally happening?

10+ Year Old Account
    THE geNIuS ThaT inVEnteD ElEctRic carS, onliNe payMeNT PRoCesSOrS, spAcE ShiPs, hYPerlOOS; Is NOW PAyiNg $54.20 a share for Twitter.

Really want to see the "financing" behind this.

We know part of the story in the financing, it's Saudis, fellow crazy billionaires and con artists I mean bitcoin entrepreneurs etc. You know bastions of free speech, freedom and transparency.

lol, I wonder what his stance on HB20 is now. I guess he realized he essentially had no chance with this lawsuit and found help to buy it? Enjoy your bots Elon.

10+ Year Old Account
    THE geNIuS ThaT inVEnteD ElEctRic carS, onliNe payMeNT PRoCesSOrS, spAcE ShiPs, hYPerlOOS; Is NOW PAyiNg $54.20 a share for Twitter.

And? What's weird about this? Everyone and their mother went balls deep on calls today. Might still probably dump within a week.

Don't people understand how the stock market works around here or what am I missing?
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2022-10-04 at 09:02 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Offering up his own company's resources and then making suggestions on what they should do concerning their country, yeah, I am not a Musk fan like you he has more than stepped over the line.
    Him having an opinion and tweeting about it is not a "War Crime" as you put it. Clearly he's doing the slow roll into insanity, and may have tentatively arrived at this point, but your points are just outlandishly ridiculous. Musk is wrong, and shouldn't have done it, but "serious sanctions" and "War Crimes" are just...well, silly.

I love that you keep trying to ring that Musk fan bell, it's adorable.
    Last edited by cubby; 2022-10-04 at 08:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://thehill.com/policy/technolog...takeover-deal/

So...Twitter trading halted, is it finally happening?
    It would appear that...IDS HABEDDING
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    It would appear that...IDS HABEDDING
    There it is...
    *MUSK LETTER SAYS PROPOSAL CONTINGENT ON TRIAL BEING ADJOURNED

Elon is desperate to get out of being deposed later this week. lol
    Twitter will never agree to this as formulated, absent other conditions. They have zero incentive to do so and there are many downsides. It's giving approximately nothing.

And now the real question, is twitter’s counsel gullible enough to fall for a musk promise, like the average tesla/spacex fan?