Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Uh, no.

You guys are acting really weird with these replies regarding my daughter.
    No one is saying anything about your daughter, you are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Pretty sure this bro has Endus on ignore so this is all a lie.

Snowflake just got tired of being dunked on.
    He definitely never responds to a post I make, so pretty sure he does. That's fine, though; I don't post to talk to him, I post so no one else falls for bullshit arguments. It's kind of like a Youtuber making a debunk video about flat-earthers or whatever; it's not about a conversation with the subject, it's about debunking the poisonous rhetoric before some poor fool gets caught up in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    He definitely never responds to a post I make, so pretty sure he does. That's fine, though; I don't post to talk to him, I post so no one else falls for bullshit arguments. It's kind of like a Youtuber making a debunk video about flat-earthers or whatever; it's not about a conversation with the subject, it's about debunking the poisonous rhetoric before some poor fool gets caught up in it.
    That's the attitude, don't talk to them, talk at them. Some individuals have proven they don't deserve actual responses. Why waste the time when they've proven over and over again to not be worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    It's kind of amazing when you think of it. Like, what could be done with 44 BILLION dollars? I'm pretty sure I could buy a small country, dramatically improve the infrastructure, invest in their education and economy, develop them to a higher level of sustainability, self-sufficiency, and get them into the global markets, and still have enough money left over to build an exorbitantly expensive and excessive super-mansion and fill it with enough hookers and drugs to last a lifetime. And that's after paying off all the debts of myself, my family, my friends, and their friends and family. It's such a mind-boggling amount of money, and it could've changed so many lives for the better, and he burned it on a pyre for the sake of his ego. What a pathetic little worm he is.
    Yeah, well I kind of think of it like the Starlink think he offered to Ukraine until he didn't and decided he wanted or should get paid for it. Personally I think his ass should have been hauled before an international court and the U.S should have sanctioned his ass for using that same wealth to meddle in the affairs of entire governments and people, but meh!

Nobody actually KNOWS Elon, but based on his behaviors and then a switch, it's not surprising people were caught off guard. I don't think at the end of the day he cares much about money, because like Trump he's has and always had it.

Bottom line and I got sucked into the delusion too that Elon Musk was simply tryin to make the world a better place. The fact is, he is NOT, he only cares about money as it relates to serving an end. Which is control, his idea of how things should be.

Which in and of itself doesn't make him evil. But the process by which he is allowed through money to maybe archive that is. The Truth is he no different than a Kardashian.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

15+ Year Old Account

One of the last features making Twitter a tolerable place is going away.

But I imagine this decision is for two reasons.

One: Elon has stated that blocks cost Twitter a ton of money (probably some backend fuckery that produces extra load on the servers).

Two: Block not only ensures you won't see another person's tweets, but they can't see yours. He just wants to make a "stronger mute" i.e. you can still mute a person, but you can't block them from seeing YOUR tweets.

Honestly been looking for an excuse to leave Twitter for awhile now, but watching the train wreck has kept my attention.

Oh yeah, and of course we know that Elon is an antisemitic Nazi.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Pretty sure this bro has Endus on ignore so this is all a lie.

Snowflake just got tired of being dunked on.
    He's got Breccia on ignore too.

Exactly. It’s sad af that you have to break it down section by section just cause people are too high-strung on calling any differing opinion (not even a hateful one) as bigoted because it doesn’t exactly align with theirs.
    I love this victim you and dang are playing, it's like a warning at the beginning of a play "Tonight's part of "victim" will be played by....." It's truly adorable that you both have created this little game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    I use the mentioned forum feature to screen out some of the inveterate bad faith posters, ad hominem posters, and trolls,
    The irony of thinking others are the bad faith posters and trolls. Is it truly bliss to be that ignorant of your own self?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

On whether Pride should be month long or week long and why it is important. (all from the Trevor Project)

LGBTQ youth are more than four times as likely to attempt suicide than their peers (Johns et al., 2019; Johns et al., 2020).
    45% of LGBTQ youth seriously considered attempting suicide in the past year, including more than half of transgender and nonbinary youth.
    14% of LGBTQ youth reported that they had slept away from parents or caregivers because they were kicked out or abandoned, with 40% reporting that they were kicked out or abandoned due to their LGBTQ identity.
    It is estimated that lesbian, gay, and bisexual (LGB) youth make up 7-9% of the general population (Wilson, Cooper, Kastanis, & Nezhad, 2014) but 29% of youth experiencing homelessness (Choi et al., 2015)

So yeah, when parents stop kicking their children out of their homes and leaving them homeless, likely to end up dead, underage sex workers or drug addicts (and any combination of the above) then we can talk about why Pride should be less than a month.

If you can read the above and not be horrified, I don't know about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    One of the last features making Twitter a tolerable place is going away.

But I imagine this decision is for two reasons.

One: Elon has stated that blocks cost Twitter a ton of money (probably some backend fuckery that produces extra load on the servers).

Two: Block not only ensures you won't see another person's tweets, but they can't see yours. He just wants to make a "stronger mute" i.e. you can still mute a person, but you can't block them from seeing YOUR tweets.
    The reason he wants to do this, is because some lefty trans influencer did that whole "block the blue" thing where they used some 3rd party service to block a shit ton of the most gross verified posters, and one of the right wing nuts complained to Elon that it is hard to report their posts to get them removed because no one who is anti-trans can see them (because she blocked them all) LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    What is even more sad is there is a not insignificant amount of people who read that and think "that's not nearly high enough."

I mean, there are elected GOP officials who want to make being gay punishable by death.

Soooo....yeah, maybe it isn't yet time to make Pride month go away.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh, no.
    Uh, yes.
    You know how many teens I work with who are LGBTQ+, but tell their parents that they are straight and cis?
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    On whether Pride should be month long or week long and why it is important. (all from the Trevor Project)

LGBTQ youth are more than four times as likely to attempt suicide than their peers (Johns et al., 2019; Johns et al., 2020).
    45% of LGBTQ youth seriously considered attempting suicide in the past year, including more than half of transgender and nonbinary youth.
    14% of LGBTQ youth reported that they had slept away from parents or caregivers because they were kicked out or abandoned, with 40% reporting that they were kicked out or abandoned due to their LGBTQ identity.
    It is estimated that lesbian, gay, and bisexual (LGB) youth make up 7-9% of the general population (Wilson, Cooper, Kastanis, & Nezhad, 2014) but 29% of youth experiencing homelessness (Choi et al., 2015)

So yeah, when parents stop kicking their children out of their homes and leaving them homeless, likely to end up dead, underage sex workers or drug addicts (and any combination of the above) then we can talk about why Pride should be less than a month.

And also, and I can't stress this highly enough, it's not fucking compulsary.

Nobody is asking all the right wing nutjobs, terrified of any sexuality that isn't vanilla, to join in. Hell, I'm pretty sure nobody wants them to. All they have to do for one month a year is to not be triggered by someone saying "we don't hate somebody because of their sexual preferences". That's it. If they could manage that, then the fact that it's Pride Month would just pass them by without impact.

But no, they have to throw a strop and demand we get rid of it. Then they accuse the rest of us of being snowflakes. Boggles my mind it does.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fucking Musk, why cant he stay clear of venturing further into the genius = excentric flawed personality area.
    He should focus on his other companies and do what he does best, cos lately the weight his public comments hold has been dubious at best, harmful at worst.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds very rewarding. Still not an issue with our family.
    And I am sure that you believe that.
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds very rewarding. Still not an issue with our family.
    Look..

You shouldnt bring up your daughter into an argumet such as the one you did.
    Because:
    • Noone else here knows her only you do.
    • You have a history of posting what is generally considered an anti-LGBTQ stance regardless of what you talk yourself into thinking you portray.
    • Maybe you have a daughter unsure of her sexual preference (including being actually straight) or maybe your views make her willing to supress it in order to play a role that she knows would be in line with mom.
    • Who knows

Just dont bring your daughter into this as an argumental commodity given your posting history on the matter.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just to let you know @Winter Blossom, not only has What is a Woman? been fully debunked by multiple sources, it's also come out that The Daily Wire used a lot of illegal and deceptive tactics, featuring people who revoked their consent to be presented in a film, as well as lying about what the film was, framing it as a "Graduate project" to some and numerous other lies to others to get interviews.

People are going a bit extreme to just outright attack you, but your "opinion" being swayed in the direction of the right is based on lies and deceit. LGBTQ people just want to exist and they're being framed as groomers simply for wanting to exist. Anyone who can't accept that and believes Daily Wire deceitful garbage is yes, a bigot. But I believe many fairly normal people have been duped.

The left hasn't gone left, the right has just gone far farther right. It's pretty clear there's a ton of Nazis out there. The "center" has moved far right, and thus those who identify as centrist have simply moved right. The LGBTQ community has existed for a very very long time, and it's only been in the last decade that the right has made it their culture war to be against them. Don't be a rube, don't jump on the hate wagon with them.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Who fucking knew Cracker Barrel of all places would be standing against anti-LGBTQ MAGAtards?

Cracker Barrel refuses to axe Pride Month support despite deluge of bigoted attacks

They're getting dragged all over Twitter by a bunch of people thinking Pride month is "stupid shit" thanks to Elmo letting all the bigots back on, but so far they're sticking to it. I remember them having a very different view a decade ago, so this surprised the hell out of me. June's shaping up to be a very strange, but fun, month.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I remember them having a very different view a decade ago, so this surprised the hell out of me. June's shaping up to be a very strange, but fun, month.
    Even they can see the writing on the wall. Worthless MAGAt bigots aren't where the money is anymore. At this point, pretending otherwise would be tantamount to believing that "Whites/Colored Only" signs will be making a return to public spaces...

Given how spectacularly the value of Twitter has cratered since Elon bought it, even someone as colossally stupid and incompetent as he is will be able to figure that out eventually.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2023-06-10 at 03:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    You shouldnt bring up your daughter into an argumet such as the one you did.
    Very very strong except for the fact that it was some random dingbat that used the poster's stance on pride month to insinuate junk about her family out of the blue. It's a cute trick for someone to go after kids and mom and then somebody else turns it around like it happened in reverse.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    Very very strong except for the fact that it was some random dingbat that used the poster's stance on pride month to insinuate junk about her family out of the blue. It's a cute trick for someone to go after kids and mom and then somebody else turns it around like it happened in reverse.
    Another interesting trick is to constantly muddy the conversation when your side is being "attacked" and then feign ignorance and place blame on those who call you out on it as though they were the ones who sidetracked the conversation first.