Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    you think too much about it.
    go and get some sleep
    This, also smoke less.
    Dark Rangers are just hunter reskins, (no, conflating her borrowed jailer powers with dark ranger stuff does not make it unique) night wartior is nothing close to even a class concept, and shadow hunters are more a vague idea that partly overlaps with shamans.

That said faction-locked classes is a dumb idea from a gameplay point of view too, unless you intend to use this to force people to play alliance (which is still dumb, but which might work to restore some semblance of balance).
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Got to say, never thought faction locked classes could ever be a thing again. But if cross faction guilds ever becomes a reality then I don't really see a reason why faction locked classes can't function as normal.

Ultimately I seriously doubt it'll happen, but I can see the reasoning behind OP. The main issue would be that blizz would essentially have to introduce two new classes at once, or be stupid enough to make them one spec each.

Just my two cents in the idea...

Alliance: warden

Horse: witch doctor maybe, or spell breaker?

Only if they're mechanically identical, with different aesthetics based on the faction. Just like in SW:ToR and their classes.

Blizz already said they didn't like the Shaman and Paladin differences from Vanilla, so doubt they'd do it again, but doing it this way means it wouldn't have the same problem as the Shaman/Paladin split.

Otherwise, no.

Didn't they say that they plan to make all classes available for all races? Good luck with faction locked classes lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Got to say, never thought faction locked classes could ever be a thing again. But if cross faction guilds ever becomes a reality then I don't really see a reason why faction locked classes can't function as normal.
    If cross faction guilds ever become a reality, then "faction-locked class" becomes redundant and would have no reason to exist.

The whole point of faction-locked classes is that the other faction would not have access to that class, and cross-faction guilds would go completely against that idea, rendering it moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    If cross faction guilds ever become a reality, then "faction-locked class" becomes redundant and would have no reason to exist.

The whole point of faction-locked classes is that the other faction would not have access to that class, and cross-faction guilds would go completely against that idea, rendering it moot.
    Yeah I hear you. It'd be more of a flavor thing. Which honestly I think is enough IF done right. I mean shit if we can get two classes out of it then fuck it.

Part of it would be that only alliance races would have access to it and vice versa.
    Last edited by Varx; 2022-05-25 at 04:40 PM.

Once the factions can group together I can't see why not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    Sooner or later this expansion will once again be Cata 2.0 going MoP/WoD 2.0 with theme veiled island+dragon to old gods+time travel and we be heading back to Pre-Sundered Azeroth...

Here comes the Shadow Hunter for Horde &
    Night Warrior for Alliance with Neutral Hero class Dark Ranger

What is your take on going back to the faction locked classes now that, race x class locked playable characters is once again introduced, with cross faction play also be implemented and how WoW is going retro with their "rehashed" Talent tree?

Thoughts? Comments?
    More likely for Night Warrior for Alliance, Dark Ranger for Horde.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Faction-locked skins for classes - yea, it will be good. Classes - nope.
    Witch-doctors, Sunwalkers, Prelates, Headhunters, Shadow-hunters, Blood Mages and more for the Horde.
    Moon Priests, Moon Paladins, Tide priests, Tide paladins and others to the smaller faction.
    And more neutral ones for both - Clerics (Shadow priests to races that cant use shadow - LF, Taurens as example), Voidcallers (priests with no-light races as VE and maghars)
    More of it I saw at reddit.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...antasy_to_new/

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Dark Rangers are just hunter reskins.
    Not anymore. She began raising Rogues as Dark Rangers because their stealth powers were more beneficial. Pretty much all Dark Rangers now are ranged Rogues. When Blizzard made Survival melee, Sub should have been made Dark Ranger.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Not anymore. She began raising Rogues as Dark Rangers because their stealth powers were more beneficial. Pretty much all Dark Rangers now are ranged Rogues. When Blizzard made Survival melee, Sub should have been made Dark Ranger.
    I think that darkfallen will be more race-skins for BE and NE. For Rogues and Hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    I think that darkfallen will be more race-skins for BE and NE. For Rogues and Hunters.
    They actually joined the Horde during BFA, then Blizzard did nothing with that but get our hopes up.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Only if they're mechanically identical, with different aesthetics based on the faction. Just like in SW:ToR and their classes.

Blizz already said they didn't like the Shaman and Paladin differences from Vanilla, so doubt they'd do it again, but doing it this way means it wouldn't have the same problem as the Shaman/Paladin split.

Otherwise, no.
    The blizzard of yesterday is not the same as the blizzard of today. Also, we didn’t have the ability to have cross faction raids back then. So if they fully open it up, there wouldn’t be a downfall for this.

I mean why?

Sure they could add faction-restricted classes again and it isn't going to be much of an issue anymore with cross-faction gameplay, but I still just don't really see the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    Faction-locked skins for classes - yea, it will be good. Classes - nope.
    Witch-doctors, Sunwalkers, Prelates, Headhunters, Shadow-hunters, Blood Mages and more for the Horde.
    Moon Priests, Moon Paladins, Tide priests, Tide paladins and others to the smaller faction.
    And more neutral ones for both - Clerics (Shadow priests to races that cant use shadow - LF, Taurens as example), Voidcallers (priests with no-light races as VE and maghars)
    More of it I saw at reddit.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...antasy_to_new/
    I am more against this tbh.

I am all for class customization, but I am against it being faction or race locked in principle. For example: I would really want to use shapeshifts that Kul Tirans and Zandalari have on my main (night elf druid), but I can't, because these are race-restricted. There is also no technical or lore reason I shouldn't be able to use these, as there are various shapeshift skins that ALL druids can unlock.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    I am more against this tbh.

I am all for class customization, but I am against it being faction or race locked in principle. For example: I would really want to use shapeshifts that Kul Tirans and Zandalari have on my main (night elf druid), but I can't, because these are race-restricted. There is also no technical or lore reason I shouldn't be able to use these, as there are various shapeshift skins that ALL druids can unlock.
    Yeah, there is alot of wasted potential here to give classes stuff to unlock via gameplay. It would also make for some decent quests if done right.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

More likely to eliminate factions than to make them more important.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Replace "Night Warrior" with Warden. Warden is far more iconic and has been far more requested as a playable class or a class skin than Night Warrior.

Yeah wardens would be amazing. Where is that picture left bottom from? I've never seen that

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    The blizzard of yesterday is not the same as the blizzard of today. Also, we didn’t have the ability to have cross faction raids back then. So if they fully open it up, there wouldn’t be a downfall for this.
    IF they fully open it up. They haven't yet. It looks like it may be going that way though, so we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    This statement makes me sad. I was so excited for Nyalotha for so long, as an entire expansion or a fun Timeless Isle zone.

Then we got all of this time and effort spent on an incredible patch zone.... for cyborg gnomes. And my boy NZoth gets a raid and a new skybox over old zones. I would LOVE for the second half of Dragon Isles to give the Old Gods a proper patch.

- - - Updated - - -

I honestly think if they ever do faction specific classes again, theyll be mechanically identical. Theyd have to be, otherwise people would whine in battlegrounds. Different spell animations, different lore, same DPS and cooldowns.
    Your boy Nzoth was literally stated to be the weakest of the old gods and is recovering from not 1 but 2 butt kickings in his history. He had no business being anything more than what he was. Hell the extent of disruption he displayed with the patch is more than he deserved canonically. Most of his feats were also just him riding on someone else's achievement.