Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

The Return of Faction-locked Class?

Sooner or later this expansion will once again be Cata 2.0 going MoP/WoD 2.0 with theme veiled island+dragon to old gods+time travel and we be heading back to Pre-Sundered Azeroth...

Here comes the Shadow Hunter for Horde &
    Night Warrior for Alliance with Neutral Hero class Dark Ranger

What is your take on going back to the faction locked classes now that, race x class locked playable characters is once again introduced, with cross faction play also be implemented and how WoW is going retro with their "rehashed" Talent tree?

Thoughts? Comments?
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2022-04-26 at 01:54 AM.

you think too much about it.
    go and get some sleep

Not before cross-faction guilds.
    I also hope to god the second half of dragon isles is not spent on yet another old god shenanigans story.

Quote Originally Posted by bruxx View Post
    Not before cross-faction guilds.
    I also hope to god the second half of dragon isles is not spent on yet another old god shenanigans story.
    This statement makes me sad. I was so excited for Nyalotha for so long, as an entire expansion or a fun Timeless Isle zone.

Then we got all of this time and effort spent on an incredible patch zone.... for cyborg gnomes. And my boy NZoth gets a raid and a new skybox over old zones. I would LOVE for the second half of Dragon Isles to give the Old Gods a proper patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    Sooner or later this expansion will once again be Cata 2.0 going MoP/WoD 2.0 with theme veiled island+dragon to old gods+time travel and we be heading back to Pre-Sundered Azeroth...

What is your take on going back to the faction locked classes now that, race x class locked playable characters is once again introduced, with cross faction play also be implemented and how WoW is going retro with their "rehashed" Talent tree?

Thoughts? Comments?
    I honestly think if they ever do faction specific classes again, theyll be mechanically identical. Theyd have to be, otherwise people would whine in battlegrounds. Different spell animations, different lore, same DPS and cooldowns.

10+ Year Old Account
    I gotta say....it ain't gonna happen. Literally no reason to do it and it would cause a massive headache

My thoughts are why on God's earth would you believe that Blizzard would split their development time on a feature not usable by half the population.. twice?

Hoping for a cringe warrior class is like asking for Blizzard to implement a guardian of tirisfal class or something similar. These are single individuals, having everyone run around as the some god tier class that is capable of destroying worlds is complete and utter nonsense. Besides that the class would be just mix of some lame moonkin abiltities and demonhunter without the green color and meta. In hindsight the customization should have never been given to players (not even sure why other NPCs got them, Tyrande was the only one who got "blessed"), because now they think everyone is a fucking cringe warrior for some reason, my priest can't run around looking like anduin in ceremonial full plate either.

But one thing is for certain, given enough desperation Blizzard is willing to do anything, as the mono-raclass in DF has shown. But I don't see the return of different faction classes in the cards anytime soon, that was the first thing they got rid of in their first expansion and there was not even a hint of returning to that.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I mean if they go full on with the faction merge sure... that said we need to see it be nearly complete for that to work without friction.

Thoughts? Comments?
    Replace "Night Warrior" with Warden. Warden is far more iconic and has been far more requested as a playable class or a class skin than Night Warrior.

- - - Updated - - -

The overuse of the old gods makes me appreciate TBC and WoD more. The only expansions with no old god presence.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's impressive in it's own way how adding two and two sometimes gets you 78..

They could just have the exact same playstyle/abilities but have different armor/skins/animations like what SWTOR does with their classes

Thoughts? Comments?
    They could perfectly add Night Warrior in Horde (Zandalari and Nightborne) and Shadow Hunter in Allliance (Kul Tiran and Night Elf)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Replace "Night Warrior" with Warden. Warden is far more iconic and has been far more requested as a playable class or a class skin than Night Warrior.

- - - Updated - - -

The overuse of the old gods makes me appreciate TBC and WoD more. The only expansions with no old god presence.
    For me Warden is just a spec of Night Warrior.

Also, TBC had a quest about arakkoa trying to summon an Old God. And Wod had all the Cho'Gall arc about the fallen N'aaru and the Void.
    Last edited by pacotaco; 2022-04-26 at 09:39 AM.

At most it'll be the same class with just aesthetic differences.

They said that the Shaman/Paladin divide made things hard to balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    My thoughts are why on God's earth would you believe that Blizzard would split their development time on a feature not usable by half the population.. twice?
    Let's be honest here, the split is closer to 80/20 at this point.

Shadow Hunter for Horde. Warden for Alliance.
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

Hey remember when Paladins were Alliance only and Shamans were Horde only? Yeah players didn't like that so No.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

10+ Year Old Account

Thoughts? Comments?
    Have you seen all of the complaints about class/spec balance & how many issues it has brought on? Imagine all of those, except now two of those classes are locked to only one faction in a world where most high end players already feel forced to play Horde in order to raid at a high level.

It wasn't a great idea when Paladins/Shamans were faction specific in Vanilla, it would be a worse idea now.

Thoughts? Comments?
    Unlikely to happen.
    Though, i am intrigued by your predictions because i, too, believe we will visit pre-sundered Azeroth and that Night Warrior, Shadow Hunter and Dark Ranger would be added at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Why replace when you can combine?

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    you think too much about it.
    go and get some sleep
    Totally agree with you))

Oh, you sweet, sweet summer child. Of course the second half of the Dragonflight expansion is going to be about Old Gods, either directly or indirectly. They're almost always behind all the bad stuff that happens around here.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised at all if we saw more of Azshara and her naga in this expansion.