Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    have fun dying to kyrian mm hunters in 3 seconds or less

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharnath View Post
    EDIT: Or perhaps some of those complaining about the bracket idea are the ilvl270 guys who want to keep roflstomping the ilvl200 guys?
    Only now you was enlightened? this is how toxic Asmondog banch plays this game, and this is why Holinka allows PVE trinkets in PVP, to let bully abuse low ilvlguys and feel themselfs as powerful oneshoter's.

Someone must write a book with title How Holinka ruined pvp once again, teamplates? fair pvp? shit nah all of it! HOLINKA COMING BACK!
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by deathshere View Post
    have fun dying to kyrian mm hunters in 3 seconds or less
    Watched an arena video of a MM doing something 50k in one shot and the guy dropping in 2s. So you are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Watched an arena video of a MM doing something 50k in one shot and the guy dropping in 2s. So you are correct.
    It was the same in season 1, they try to one shot you from stealth. If you have full pvp gear and trade CDs the moment the first shot hits you shouldn't drop in the opening burst...

I like the current meta, games take like 5 minutes or something like that, it's not a complete slog-fest like what we've had in the past where nothing dies, ever. Some specs are rather broken in 2s such as Outlaw but other than that it's great.
    Last edited by Thes; 2022-08-10 at 09:52 AM.

I enjoy it but I'm a rogue/priest and my friend is a mage, so we play rogue/mage or priest/mage and have always preferred burst meta.

I think the healer is no longer relevant

I've been playing a monk healer in 2s, and it is really stressful and just not fun. If I make the slightest mistake its over, while a lot of these other classes have so many get out of jail free cards.

Hunters...I just don't what to say. The "2 second" thing is true, they can literally just look at a guy and kill him. They even seem to be able to DPS through pillars and boxes somehow.

If I get caught in a trap without a trinket, it's basically over. And sometimes it's over even before then.

Really at a loss for what I can do. Best results are if I just try to stay out of their range, but with their burst that can get my partner killed...and they have a ton of mobility to boot. Partner them with a druid or mage or DH and it's a guaranteed loss unless they are just terrible.

Definitely the worst state of PvP I've seen, and I've been here since the start. If you're going to play, be a hunter. They are playing Call of Duty out there while the rest of us are playing WoW.
    Last edited by phattsao; 2022-08-27 at 03:19 PM.

While there are always going to be problems, no season is ever universally loved at the time.

So with that being said; The best compliment I can give the current iteration of PvP is that every single class in the game feels terrifying and overpowered, especially if in the right hands. I personally think this is a good thing and that it's in a decent/fun spot.

It is pretty sweaty though, most people pushing arena these days really love arena and generally know what they're doing. Even as a multi-glad disc that's pushed top 80 EU in 3s, it's not uncommon to come across very challenging match-ups even in low MMR. Just know that, with it being the final season, the ladder is going to be infested by a majority of die-hard PvP players and that it's going to be hard.

Don't listen to the people saying that there's no counter-play though; it's not that bad. They just haven't learned how to read the situation yet. E.g. if resonating arrow goes down it's going to hurt, so trade a big defensive, don't wait for the damage to trickle in before you do something. Most big burst windows have incredibly obvious tells and there's a plethora of addons that make tracking it easier (though, I still think these addons should be part of the base game).

EDIT - Also just realized that this is an older post, woops.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2022-08-27 at 03:37 PM.

This is a great season, you die fast if you don't know what you are doing, but after a few games you get into the swing of things and learn when you need to trade CDs. Matches take between 2-5 minutes, most classes have good comps and after you get your initial gear it's balanced enough that you can climb the increments to your next upgrade level without too much issue if you have the skill.
    There is also a nice incentive to get rating, your gear gets stronger (although it's not that much) which makes it fun to advance, especially when you are nearing a breakpoint and trying to get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Don't listen to the people saying that there's no counter-play though; it's not that bad. They just haven't learned how to read the situation yet.
    I still haven't found the counter to an MM hunter doing 110K single target damage out of stealth to a guy with 30% versatility in one global.

But I'm trying!

Biggest issue with pvp right now is gear discrepancy, and for whatever reason they removed the conquest cap, making this even worse. I have no idea why they thought it was a good idea, because now the people who CAN farm 24/7, have done that, and now they're max geared. While the rest of us are slowly gearing up as normal (maybe slightly faster), but the difference between 280 and 300 ilevel is pretty huge. The same thing happened in prior seasons though, like once you get behind on gear it's a tough ramp up.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

Quote Originally Posted by phattsao View Post
    I still haven't found the counter to an MM hunter doing 110K single target damage out of stealth to a guy with 30% versatility in one global.

But I'm trying!
    What class are you playing? Your partner can do a lot for you as well; if you tank a combustion in a stun without reacting the result will be the same.

If you’re not cc’d, a battle master trinket can literally be the only cd you need sometimes.

EDIT

Just read your earlier post, a MM hunter's big burst is once a minute usually. Knowing that, you should make sure that you or your partner has some kind of way to stop the burst each time it happens. Be that trinket/pre cocoon (shorter CD than the main burst), pre wall, disarm/stun/cc the hunter, life grip - Whatever! If you aren't in CC, a well timed revival will stop the bulk of the damage. If they make a stun go on you, you can potentially port it out of range of the hunter. Either you or your partner should have a trinket ready for every go ideally, if you don't then you need to think about how you're going to shut it down before it happens.

As an example, I main a priest, primarily disc. When I'm in a stun with no defensive active, I need to either have a trinket, pain suppression or outside assistance to live. However, If I know the burst is coming up, I can drop a barrier or some other sort of pre wall (fade/BM/Masochism if dire) before hand which can either cause them to make a scuffed go, or for them to wait until the barrier is over. I will then communicate with my partner to start rotating stuns/disarms on the hunter once it falls - This is because if we both don't have a trinket, a good team will cross CC us (3, 2, 1 DB/cheap) and he won't be able to peel. Alternatively, if he knows he's going to get, for example, feared - He could use cloak when it looks like they're going to make the go and then peel. However, against higher up teams that consistently cross CC and position well, pre walling will usually just be an educated guess and isn't reliable, so you should mainly try to just hold a trinket for each go.

If you're in comms, communicate that you're worried about a big burst happening and you need to shut it down, you'll be surprised how easy it is to disrupt what seems like an unstoppable burst if you're co-operative and aware of each others situation.

If the hunters kill condition is to trap you into a burst, making it super hard for him to get to you will put a lot of pressure on the enemy team and they'll end out either doing nothing or will just go on your partner, so obviously positioning is also gonna be key. It really depends on what dps you're playing with though. If you die in the opener (which we all have vs MM), it's because you weren't expecting the damage or just didn't react fast enough, but there are ways to react.

There's a lot you can do, but you and your partner(s) need to be thinking proactively with a finger over a button ready to react.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2022-08-29 at 03:27 PM.

It's the big chunky special abilities expansion where everyone has a divine shield and having 10 more ilvls than the other guy makes you twice as powerful.

There's alot of fast pace skill on the high end so arena/duels are pretty cool but there's also alot of casual friendly mechanics which plays the game for you making you automatically strong if you have the gear.
    Last edited by nvaelz; 2022-08-29 at 03:02 PM.
    Writes insightful, well-mannered posts in the Community Council.

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    Biggest issue with pvp right now is gear discrepancy, and for whatever reason they removed the conquest cap, making this even worse. I have no idea why they thought it was a good idea, because now the people who CAN farm 24/7, have done that, and now they're max geared. While the rest of us are slowly gearing up as normal (maybe slightly faster), but the difference between 280 and 300 ilevel is pretty huge. The same thing happened in prior seasons though, like once you get behind on gear it's a tough ramp up.
    Because there's no valor cap so you can get to 298 pve gear right now by just farming non-stop even without the vault. PvP was at a pretty big comparative disadvantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashana Darkmoon View Post
    Because there's no valor cap so you can get to 298 pve gear right now by just farming non-stop even without the vault. PvP was at a pretty big comparative disadvantage.
    If you're capable of getting 1800 in arena you can spend a full day and hit pvp ilvl 300.
    Writes insightful, well-mannered posts in the Community Council.

yeah...but when conq was capped and valor wasn't there was a discrepancy. that was the point being made

Awful. But WoW has always been a terrible PvP experience. FPS are so much better to scratch that itch.

The sooner they bring in the DF normalised item level PvP the better.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

As a healer, bursty and stressful :-)

is disgusting. the way you get gear is terrible, almost impossible to kill players with higher gear than you. plus, the one-shot kills make it no fun at all. no challenge if you have meta classes (paladin, rogue, mage) that can just kill in one sec. guilds that did pvp left if they didn't get the gear at the beginning.

blizz and pvp devs are very bad sadly now they just hire interns... i guess their team is around 20 people, all the hard work has already been done, now they just need few modelers and programmers for raid fights.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by swineflu View Post
    I was thinking of dipping my toes back into the game after 4 years or so. Healer main. Is it fun? Worthwhile?
    Same as it's been for a long time. Leveling PvP isn't bad unless you run into a few twinks. Top level is based on gear over skill...so joining late in an expansion requires you to die a lot until you can gear up.

Since you are coming back, it shouldn't be too shocking to you. This is also one of the big reasons WoW doesn't attract many new players that stick around.

If you want competitive PvP, the advise stays the same as 4 years ago...GW2 is *far* better.