Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Legendary! Ealyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Switzerland, Geneva
    Posts
    6,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    It definitely used to be gauranteed but clearly is not anymore.
    I'm pretty sure it's more about the combination of NM being so easy and overall less players for the last tier that just make way less LFR players in queue. Making it harder for the matchmaking system to create fresh groups when so much are needing refill (because players are leaving after killing the one boss they need for a specific token).

    That said it's just speculation, NM is so easy I only tried 3 LFR wings this tier (and as suspected it wipes way more than any NM pug with half the raid at 3K dps).
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    nazi is not the abbreviation of national socialism....
    When googling 4 letters is asking too much fact-checking.

  2. #22
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cretaceous Period
    Posts
    22,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's more about the combination of NM being so easy and overall less players for the last tier that just make way less LFR players in queue. Making it harder for the matchmaking system to create fresh groups when so much are needing refill (because players are leaving after killing the one boss they need for a specific token).

    That said it's just speculation, NM is so easy I only tried 3 LFR wings this tier (and as suspected it wipes way more than any NM pug with half the raid at 3K dps).
    Going to be real honest, I have absolutely no idea what "NM" stands for.

    In any case, I don't think it's related to tier pieces or group sizes. If it was not enough players queueing because they wanted tier, then it could be chalked up to queue times, but the times are usually pretty short and it also happens even if you are a critical role. And as I mentioned ealier in the thread, the times I had it happen were on the first wing with only the last boss up which, iirc, is the one that actually drops tier. It took me like four tries to get the early bosses (it was before other wings were available, and I was trying to get the vantus rune recipe on an alt so I really needed more kills).

    There's certainly been situations before where a particular LFR boss was more in demand than others due to a weapon or trinket or whatever, and this never happened. I really don't think this is a natural change based on who is queuing or why. I am confident this is an actual change to the system, intentional or otherwise.
    Current Intermittent Availability - Please Contact Another Global

    for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

    | youtube | twitch | twitter |


  3. #23
    Legendary! Ealyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Switzerland, Geneva
    Posts
    6,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Going to be real honest, I have absolutely no idea what "NM" stands for.
    ???

    NM : Normal Mode
    HM : Heroic Mode (is also called HC sometimes)
    MM : Mythic Mode

    Very basic raid appellation since forever. Maybe it's a US/EU thing ? I'm playing EU
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    nazi is not the abbreviation of national socialism....
    When googling 4 letters is asking too much fact-checking.

  4. #24
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cretaceous Period
    Posts
    22,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    ???

    NM : Normal Mode
    HM : Heroic Mode (is also called HC sometimes)
    MM : Mythic Mode

    Very basic raid appellation since forever. Maybe it's a US/EU thing ? I'm playing EU
    I wasn't trying to be snarky; I sincerely couldn't figure it out, although now it seems obvious contextually in hindsight. So, yeah, maybe regional since I play US. I've seen HM for hardmode and HC for heroic, but I don't think I've ever seen normal and mythic shortened that way (and colloquially, are only infrequently paired with "mode" - people usually just said "it's a normal raid" or "I raid mythic" in my circles). In the same vein, typically people just spell it out or just put N/H/M without the M.

    Anyway, not really relevant, was just mentioning in case it was relevant to your point that I understand it.
    Current Intermittent Availability - Please Contact Another Global

    for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

    | youtube | twitch | twitter |


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •