Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, what's wrong with T&E? why the dislike? Genuinely curious, because I do enjoy their videos from time to time.

Mostly a Taliesin show. Not much of the other half for the past few years.

Wonder if he has the balls to ask questions outside of the announced and common questions of the expansion, like if he will ask about what is the replacement for this expansion's Thorghast/Islands/Warfronts/Legendary system. or are we missing out on this due to the talent/proffession rework?

You want to WoW me?
    - Legacy Movement like in FFXIV. This way your Action Cam experiment will amount to something.
    - Deterministic Gearing. You can have me spent 16 weeks honing my character if last slot in GV rewards an item that upgrades my gear to ilvl based on key levels completed. Example: Upgrading a selected M+ item to lvl 278 for completing 8 M+15 dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    I'm sorry, what's wrong with T&E? why the dislike? Genuinely curious, because I do enjoy their videos from time to time.
    I'm with ya on this. I can see people maybe not liking his personality or style or whatever, sure. But .. people have some kind of super hatred for him? I don't know why?

Sure, he shills out quite a bit but that's about it. On the other hand, he complains about a lot of the same things the community does. There just seems to be some intense lashing out against him just because people don't enjoy his personality.

Get someone that isn't a Yes-Man in there and I might tune in.

T&E, count me out. Dude is one of the biggest 2-faced POS I've ever seen.

I watch the T&E weekly as its pretty succinct and they have funny intros but even as a watcher I know they are unrepentant shills and Tali's review of every cinematic pointing out how amazing it is and how 'everyone got it wrong' with their opinion on it is tone deaf and highly condescending.

Not a fan of twitter and the questions they will ask, I admit may be pretty good ones but I dunno, even half liking them not looking forward to this for some reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    There's a now (deleted) Twitch vod where he discusses the Vira Race in FF14, which bear a similiarity to Playboy bunnies.

The "discussion" basically goes like this.
    Taliesin: Well, i don't think it's okay to have a race that is so sexualized
    Random viewer: Other games are a lot worse in that regard
    Taliesin: That doesn't make it okay, if your neighbor kills his wife, then that doesn't make it okay because he's not worse than Hitler
    Random viewer: Did you just compare a fictional bunny race to Hitler?
    Taliesin: You Prick, you fucking Prick (which he repeats for about 30 seconds)

Meanwhile, the guy wants everyone to be calm and reasonable when discussing anything the WoW devs shit into the game.
    Hahahaha bugger me this is actually pretty spot on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Everyone I know who used to create WoW content stopped making wow content, I think T&E are the only ones left... I think Blizzard sees them as reliable hands, the type of people who will stick with Blizzard no matter what. You know what to expect with T&E. Blizzard want someone who they can give info to and not be questioned in a way that will make them feel like they are making a wrong choice. Good for them I guess.
    No surprise really I believe its their main means of income for good or ill.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    Soul is constantly positive as well, even when he's criticizing. And from what I've seen on Twitter, MrGM is very positive as well. Even Asmongold, Preach, and Bellular have had good things to say about what we know of Dragonflight.

I'm personally not positive about the game nor the expansion, but I'm aware of others who are. Just gotta broaden your horizons a bit.
    Soul would make for a great interview!

Taliesin and Denuser. I cannot imagine worse company in a WoW conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by druvirus View Post
    I'm with ya on this. I can see people maybe not liking his personality or style or whatever, sure. But .. people have some kind of super hatred for him? I don't know why?

Sure, he shills out quite a bit but that's about it. On the other hand, he complains about a lot of the same things the community does. There just seems to be some intense lashing out against him just because people don't enjoy his personality.
    That's what I observed, which peaked my interest. If people don't like his personality then that's fair, but there seems to be something more.

That's what I observed, which peaked my interest. If people don't like his personality then that's fair, but there seems to be something more.
    No clue im wondering the same thing here.

Re-posted from earlier this year.

I don't hate Taliesin. I just think he's being disingenuous.

Prior to Shadowlands I actually liked watching his videos. I kind of thought of him as a cool levelheaded guy with a nuanced perspective on things. I didn't agree with him on everything, but that's fine. I still thought his videos funny and somewhat insightful.

And then I made the mistake of discovering his Twitter profile...

Let me give you a few of his greatest hits.

1. People who are upset about the lack of accountability for Sylvanas are people who come from countries that include the death penalty. In other words, if you want a coherent storyline in a fantasy world where things actually make sense (and where we've killed people for far less than what Sylvanas has done) then you're probably also supporting the death penalty irl.

2. People who don't find it plausible that Sylvanas would be dumb enough to believe that the guy who is literally called the Jailor, who has a fetish for chains and for tormenting souls, will bring freedom to the world tend to be males who because of their privilege are unable to understand just how gullible oppressed women really are. Mind you this was just after the Sanctum of Domination cinematic had been released and prior to the whole split soul narrative was introduced in game so it wasn't part of his argument.

3. If modern players (or at least players who are dissatisfied with the Shadowlands lore) had played Ulduar, they would've hated it. They would have said, "Who the hell are these Keepers? Who are these Old Gods? What's going on? I hate it" and stuff like that. Because the whole thing about titan keepers, Old Gods and what have you, came as far out of left-field as the Jailer, the Eternal Ones, etc.

4. The reason Tyrande didn't kill Sylvanas when she was about to choke her was not actually because Elune withdrew her powers but rather because Tyrande made the choice not to kill her in order to choose renewal instead of vengeance. So the story actually made perfect sense, it's just that people didn't get it.

And so on and so on. If you look at the Twitter profile of Bellular or Nobbel87, they are all pretty chill people talking about the game (for better or worse). Taliesin's twitter profile on the other hand seems to be full of angry tweets labelled against his critics or half-arsed jokes trying to ridicule the same. He seems bent on creating division.

But yes, he does criticize Blizzard from time to time, but like 80% of his time, he's out there criticizing the community or telling them why they're wrong about their criticisms, usually using rhetoric similar to what I've listed in these four examples.

Anyway even before discovering his Twitter profile, I started noticing a pattern in his videos, one where he starts out mentioning the criticism labelled at Blizzard, somewhat agrees with it, but then as his videos progresses turns it on his head and eventually comes out (mostly) in favor of Blizzard and against the critics. This is a clever approach because then afterwards he can say, "Well I did say I disagreed with Blizz about x & y!" even as he spent the majority of the video defending them and attacking their critics.

The moment he finally lost me (and indeed I haven't watched any of his videos since) was during the whole turning women into fruit thing a couple of months ago, where he pretty much said that the people who had a hard time viewing these changes as nothing more than a PR stunt, were obviously #notbelievingsurvivors and therefore not actually supporting the victims of sexual abuse. And I'm like, "Blizzard were the ones doing the cube crawls. Blizzard are the ones being sued. I've never sexually abused anyone in my life!" To quote Michael Douglas from Falling Down, "Now I'm the bad guy? How the Hell did that happen?" :S

Also he seems to be in the habit of getting into fights and arguments with his fellow Youtubers. A couple of years back it was Asmongold, then Accolonn, then Bellular and recently he's even been at odds with Nobbel87, the most chill guy there is. Apparently he also hates mmo-champion and thinks everyone here just wants to rage against the game for seemingly no reason. He's also often rude on stream, gets angry when people don't agree with him and again rants about his fellow Youtubers.

Here's a fine example of Taliesin outright saying that the reason people watch Belluar is not because they like him as a content creator but rather because they like how he shits on WoW: https://files.catbox.moe/cx0tb8.mp4 - apparently he also gets into a fight with some guy in the second half. Bellular has, to the best of my knowledge, never said anything similar about Taliesin or his viewers.

And the problem is once you've seen all of this, you can't really unsee it. Suddenly his bubbly nice-guy attitude on Youtube becomes fake and downright toxic. And for the record I don't dislike Taliesin because I think he's some woke twitter warrior or whatever threatening my vulnerable toxic masculinity and MAGA cap. I'm pretty far left on most issues (and from a country where the death penalty has been abolished for more than a century) and indeed I'd probably agree with Taliesin on a lot of things irl. It's just his personality and his chip on the shoulder attitude and all of the things that I've already described that gets in the way of things.

So no, I'm obviously not going to watch this event.

TLDR: https://files.catbox.moe/cx0tb8.mp4 .
    Last edited by Statius; 2022-04-27 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    I dont get how that dude hasnt been canceled yet,the dude proves hes a prick time and time again,there is plenty of proof he even abuses his wife,i swear this dude is just waiting to have his QuantumTV moment
    I get the hate boner for the dude and not liking his streams or even interview but man don't go throwing out shit like "he abuses his Wife" while saying there is proof but not actually giving proof, show me/us proof, I need links and vods none this twitter bullshit, like this day and age people can lose their career or even life just because someone not liking a person can lie about them abusing a woman, I don't even watch dude streams but I have nothing against him.

Quote Originally Posted by Statius View Post
    3. If modern players (or at least players who are dissatisfied with the Shadowlands lore) had played Ulduar, they would've hated it. They would have said, "Who the hell are these Keepers? Who are these Old Gods? What's going on? I hate it" and stuff like that. Because the whole thing about titan keepers, Old Gods and what have you, came as far out of left-field as the Jailer, the Eternal Ones, etc.
    But... it didn't though? I guess he never played WC3 or something? You literally fight minions of the Old Gods (or Old Ones as it was called at the time) in one of the WC3:TFT Undead missions.

As for the Titans, there's lots of stuff about that in Vanilla.

Cant wait to see how many times he asks for playable Tuskar

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    But... it didn't though? I guess he never played WC3 or something? You literally fight minions of the Old Gods (or Old Ones as it was called at the time) in one of the WC3:TFT Undead missions.

As for the Titans, there's lots of stuff about that in Vanilla.
    Nope. I guess some of the things related specifically to Ulduar might not have existed before WotLK, but in terms of the Keepers and Old Gods, he's talking out of his ass. There's a huge difference between that and what we got in Shadowlands. But, of course, he knows this. It's simply an ad hominem, meant to ridicule the people who, I would say, have some legitimate grievances with the current lore. You know, distract from the real issues.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    I dont get how that dude hasnt been canceled yet,the dude proves hes a prick time and time again,there is plenty of proof he even abuses his wife,i swear this dude is just waiting to have his QuantumTV moment
    did you just make this up on the spot? like nothing shows up on google about any wife abuse.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

I think he did a pretty good job during that Q&A panel at Blizzcon handling that little kid screaming Free Hong Kong, and just that panel in general, so he can be professional, but other than that to me he just looks fake, with that smile, staring at the camera without blinking + his behavior when he streams.

I would love to see Bellular, Preach and Asmondgold getting interviews with Blizz, I know it's not gonna happen, but I loved that conversation Preach had with Ion back in the day, it felt real, with direct questions and clear points, but meh, it is what it is, I don't think we'll hear anything new anyway given all the interviews they released since the announcement.

This guy gives so much of his energy to such insignificant nonsense.

Nope. I guess some of the things related specifically to Ulduar might not have existed before WotLK, but in terms of the Keepers and Old Gods, he's talking out of his ass. There's a huge difference between that and what we got in Shadowlands. But, of course, he knows this. It's simply an ad hominem, meant to ridicule the people who, I would say, have some legitimate grievances with the current lore. You know, distract from the real issues.
    It’s also inaccurate because WC3 and Ahn’Qiraj set up Old Gods and Uldaman set up the Titans ling, long before Wrath

He holds leftist views and isn't afraid to air them out on his streams. People who support insurrection and bigotry seem to feel that this is not fair to them because they get banned for saying that acknowledging the existence of gay people is grooming, for instance, among other things. You can see in this thread how some of them have literally questioned why he hasn't been "canceled".

It's people with reprehensible viewpoints being upset that they don't get gifted a platform to spew those reprehensible viewpoints, so they try to falsely equivocate that those opposed to them are also reprehensible.

Tali is smug, for sure, though. But so is everyone who actually believes whatever they believe, or else they wouldn't believe it