Complexity of the specs - your predictions

So this class is being presetend very simiarily to Demon Hunter. Demon Hunter is known for being one of the easiest classes in the game. Being easy, is not an insult, it is also one of the most popular classes for sure.

Do you think Evoker will be in the same category as Demon Hunter, being easy but at the same time very well performing?

Or do you think this class, with it's "hold and cast" rankings will make this class one of the more complex classes in the game?

Is Evoker the new "powershifting Feral Druid" or "MoP Enhancement Shaman" being very complex (not nessesarily getting the DPS chart reward for the complex effort put in) or will it be an easy spec with only 5 buttons in their rotation and completely dominating their respective DPS/Healing meter?

The only thing we know for sure is that we get a glide utility just like Demon Hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    So this class is being presetend very simiarily to Demon Hunter. Demon Hunter is known for being one of the easiest classes in the game. Being easy, is not an insult, it is also one of the most popular classes for sure.

Do you think Evoker will be in the same category as Demon Hunter, being easy but at the same time very well performing?

Or do you think this class, with it's "hold and cast" rankings will make this class one of the more complex classes in the game?

Is Evoker the new "powershifting Feral Druid" or "MoP Enhancement Shaman" being very complex (not nessesarily getting the DPS chart reward for the complex effort put in) or will it be an easy spec with only 5 buttons in their rotation and completely dominating their respective DPS/Healing meter?

The only thing we know for sure is that we get a glide utility just like Demon Hunters.
    I am hoping that they hit that sweet spot of "easy to learn, hard to master".
    A pity i am not too sold on the lore just yet, otherwise it would be a no brainer.

Also i am thinking that i should poke some guys at Blizzard for more direct cooperation, heh. If only my health allowed that, ugh.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

If I had to take a wild guess, it’s going to be a high skill ceiling type of class. By pvp standards I would guess it going to fall somewhere similar to a sub rogue or something.

I only am guessing that because it seems the class is balanced around being mobile and staying in MID range combat. As in, I’m going to assume it’s going to have to drop in a out of melee range to longer range depending on what you’re trying to achieve. Being a melee you are only worried about sticking on your target, being a long range you’re only worried about staying as far away as possible, I can see this class being REALLY reliant on how you maneuver around and cast these abilities at the right time and a lot of the spells we saw were “skill shot” type abilities so aiming will probably also be a big factor.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope it will be around DH level. The charging part already offers it something more, so I don't want to see it become some soup of spells in addition to that. IMO something like 3-4 core abilities and then slap cooldowns, one or two AoE spells and utility on top - and it will be just right.

If I have learned anything from the last decade in gaming - you don't need a dozen buttons piano priority lists to have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Dractier View Post
    If I had to take a wild guess, it’s going to be a high skill ceiling type of class. By pvp standards I would guess it going to fall somewhere similar to a sub rogue or something.

I only am guessing that because it seems the class is balanced around being mobile and staying in MID range combat. As in, I’m going to assume it’s going to have to drop in a out of melee range to longer range depending on what you’re trying to achieve. Being a melee you are only worried about sticking on your target, being a long range you’re only worried about staying as far away as possible, I can see this class being REALLY reliant on how you maneuver around and cast these abilities at the right time and a lot of the spells we saw were “skill shot” type abilities so aiming will probably also be a big factor.
    You're drawing a beaaaauuuuutiful picture there, pal. Best case scenario, really.

That being said, I suspect they'll want to make it easy to get into but that's just a hunch. Having it be as plain as DH would be my personal worst case.

DH’s being “easy” I believe stemmed from not having 10+ years of ability bloat. They were built for modern WOW, and done quite well (IMO), so I suspect Evokers will be the same.

I hope the specs have different viable options that provide different gameplay. So complex in that sense.

I hope they aren't complex in the sense where you get a clunky counter-intuitive rotation/priority and procs that eat each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well the charging-mechanic will certainly play a part. Talents will provide a % bonus to effects. Maybe even a choice to remove the charging bit from spells giving the player a flat +% effect?

I do hope they get creative with the multiple dragon-powers. For DPS, stances for each dragon-power/magic, enhancing your spells with different effects. Basically giving you 5 sub specializations within the DPS role.

I find it harder to think of cool effects for the the healer.

"Healer spell"
    Restore X health every second, for 20 seconds. X is equal to 50% of the damage taken during those 20 seconds.
    Charged effect: Restore an extra 8% of the damage taken for each second charging the spell up to 5 seconds.

"Sand Copy"
    Create a copy of yourself or a partymember for 15 seconds with 30% of max health. When the copy dies or ends the remaining health of the copy is transferred to the target. Charged effect: The copy has an extra 4% health for each second charging the spell up to 5 seconds.

I think it'll be pretty close to DH in terms of difficulty, especially if they want positioning to be a big part of the rotation which won't be popular and eventually will be nerfed.

The healer spec might be a bit more complex.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe the Evoker is going to be a bit more complex than Demon Hunters, largely because they have the ability to fly in combat. I can see a scenario where mastering your flying abilities, and being able to move in and out of range while fighting or healing could be a major part of being an effective Evoker player.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I believe the Evoker is going to be a bit more complex than Demon Hunters, largely because they have the ability to fly in combat. I can see a scenario where mastering your flying abilities, and being able to move in and out of range while fighting or healing could be a major part of being an effective Evoker player.
    i suspect the 'flying' in combat is being over thought. I think its just hovering not like true flying and effectively granting spiritwalker's grace(and probably movespeed).
    The Onyxia breath might be "turnable" but mostly forced forward movement for afixed time.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    i suspect the 'flying' in combat is being over thought. I think its just hovering not like true flying and effectively granting spiritwalker's grace(and probably movespeed).
    The Onyxia breath might be "turnable" but mostly forced forward movement for afixed time.
    Yeah more like a priest using levitate and casting penance or something

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Holinka seemed to indicate that its a big part of the class. Here's an example of what I believe is Soar;

I'm pretty sure that's going to be in both specs, and unlike Spiritwalker's Grace, I suspect that its going to be something that's going to be heavily supported and modified in the talents. The proposed Blessing of the Bronze for example would increase your movement speed while you're preforming Soar, and you can probably cast it while doing it.

Onyxia Breath ability I also believe is just one of many such abilities this class is going to have. Alexstraza HotS had a few aerial abilities, as did Deathwing HotS, and I fully expect Blizzard to borrow heavily from both concepts, since draconic HotS abilities are already present in both specs at this early stage.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-05-12 at 03:09 AM.

If they don't throw some weird gimmicks on their abilities I just don't see that in the current raiding and m+ formula, ranged rarely if ever stand at max. range anyways (only to cheese some m+ stuff that'll get hotfixed anyways.)

I'd actually love to see a looping and rigid rotation for once again, every WoW class currently is priority and proc based so that'd be unique.

Well Holinka seemed to indicate that its a big part of the class. Here's an example of what I believe is Soar;

Yeah and as you can see its a fixed height above the ground and allowing casting while moving. Talents will likely effect things like the movespeed and/or duration and cd of it

Effectively, there will be 7 specs. 2 kinds of healer, 2 kinds of tank, a caster, and hunter will play like all melee (just with 2 specs also having range). The final spec is Evocator's caster spec, but it's healing spec will be one of the 2 others.

We've seen like 4 abilities so far and know there will be a talent tree revamp when they come out.

Who's to say at this point?
    It would make sense to keep them simple... but we'll find out once they come out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah and as you can see its a fixed height above the ground and allowing casting while moving. Talents will likely effect things like the movespeed and/or duration and cd of it
    We don’t know what the fixed height is though. It could be way higher than that. My point is just that mechanic being in place opens up a lot of potential gameplay opportunities.

As easy as NH and onwards DH. New class, new players, keep them interested to face roll and “feel” like they are good.

Granted, classes in the game are not hard. It’s the bosses that give difficultly, not the class.