Poll: Do you like the Drac'thyr Evoker?

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Well that’s the thing; highly magical beings who fight from range shouldn’t have huge muscles.
    Illidan Demon form was bulkier than Dracthyr and primarily used for ranged.

Hell, even Archimonde was hella buff for a Warlock.

I love the idea that the core class abilities are themed after the black dragonflight, while the specs are what's blue/red or bronze/green. I really hope that's the case, and that black dragon abilities get plenty of use in either spec.

What I kinda hope for is an option for Dracthyr automatically toggling into their Visage form once they get out of combat, so that you don't have to constantly manually toggle in and out of it.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Vindicator View Post
    Anduin is based
    Based on what?
    Chen isn't a Monk

Weird genderless anaemic looking lizard things with janky movement animations... No thanks, the humanoid forms are fine if a bit lacking in originality and the dudes beards look like they were glued on from a costume so not exactly great... But the dragon forms themselves are just truly dire.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I think my issue with their Human forms is I expected something more like Dragon-Human forms we've seen in the past. I also sort of hoped they'd be original models rather than Human Females with stuff slapped on them and Blood Elf Males with stuff slapped on them. I know it's not the first time, but for a prime expansion feature of unique race, with unique class, I really was expected a more unique looking form. This goes for the dragon form too, as I believe it's been made obvious what the dragon form is based on too.

It's not a deal breaker, at a base, but is does strip away a bit of the gloss and excitement when I just see existing things in the game, when looking at the new things. No I don't know what they should have done instead, or if doing something more unique was even sensible, I just know how I feel when I look at them. I feel like I should be more excited by what I'm seeing. I like Dragons. A new race based on Dragons should have me so pumped.

Quote Originally Posted by The Vindicator View Post
    Anduin is based

- - - Updated - - -

Gigachad Manduin > Weebshit
    More like Bland SoySue Anduin.

3+ Year Old Account
    It's perfectly understandable to think that people will criticize people based on their sexuality or any other characteristics, it's just nature to question what's different. But to state that just because a lead designer has certain character traits that people find questionable that person is solely to blame for everything you'd hate about a project he worked on it just comes off as absolutely insane.

Regardless of how the product looks at the moment this person didn't do everything on it, from concept idea to concept approval, design and inspiration, approval and announcement.
    Giving it a few 5 seconds before incessantly and furiously typing whatever comes out of your hands onto the screen without a second thought and everyone should come to this conclusion I would hope.

Missing pool option: Meh
    Not gonna vote cause they ain't bad but can't say i like em.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

What's the worst thing that can happen if I play one?

Not much, I've deleted other toons before. It shouldn't take too long before I can figure out if I like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    What I kinda hope for is an option for Dracthyr automatically toggling into their Visage form once they get out of combat, so that you don't have to constantly manually toggle in and out of it.
    I would even go as far as hoping that the "dragon" form only activates when you do a skill that needs it (e.g. that dive bomb) and otherwise you can just cast normally and you can switch to the soythyr form as the optional toggle. Transforming everytime you agro a mob while crawling on the ground riding would be annoying already..
    Well if the class turns out to be worthwhile in the first place, which I'm not conviced yet anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Missing pool option: Meh
    Not gonna vote cause they ain't bad but can't say i like em.
    I mean the meh is kind of implicit here. Not liking them doesn't mean you hate them.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Illidan Demon form was bulkier than Dracthyr and primarily used for ranged.

Hell, even Archimonde was hella buff for a Warlock.
    A demonic form based on a melee character.

Good to see the proper choice pulling away in the vote.

A demonic form based on a melee character.
    Which is a form purely being used for spellcasting? Just like Evokers?

Good to see the proper choice pulling away in the vote.
    Yeah but you can like the Evoker without liking everything about the Dracthyr.

I'm in that boat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Which is a form purely being used for spellcasting? Just like Evokers?
    Well no. It’s a form designed to be an enhanced version of a Demon Hunter. It just happened to be ranged.

Yeah but you can like the Evoker without liking everything about the Dracthyr.

I'm in that boat.
    Okay.

dont like dracthyr. hate their human forms. hate lack of armor in dragon form. hate look of dragon form. want evoker for other races.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghanir View Post
    It's perfectly understandable to think that people will criticize people based on their sexuality or any other characteristics, it's just nature to question what's different. But to state that just because a lead designer has certain character traits that people find questionable that person is solely to blame for everything you'd hate about a project he worked on it just comes off as absolutely insane.

Regardless of how the product looks at the moment this person didn't do everything on it, from concept idea to concept approval, design and inspiration, approval and announcement.
    Giving it a few 5 seconds before incessantly and furiously typing whatever comes out of your hands onto the screen without a second thought and everyone should come to this conclusion I would hope.
    People should definitely take a second to decide what they should type, though irony seems lost on you.

Saying that the person who was the lead designer on the look of the new race appears to have interjected some of her personal taste into the project (whether you enjoy the result or not), is not out of line or anything more than sadly obvious.

If you were playing a game and the new civilization had a distinct authoritarian bent, liked marching and saluting with their hands out and you found out that the lead designer was a big fan of the Third Reich, you would definitely draw the conclusion that they interjected their personal/political preferences into it. I assume you would find that objectionable.

And I'm sure there were people who had to approve it, however given the way alot of companies like Blizzard are acting recently, I wouldn't be surprised if the pushback was relatively limited.

If you like the result, great, good for you.... but the people who don't are justified in being upset that it looks like Blizzard is producing something that appeals to a particular type of person and not to their main audience. Will it work out for them? Guess we'll find out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    People should definitely take a second to decide what they should type, though irony seems lost on you.

Saying that the person who was the lead designer on the look of the new race appears to have interjected some of her personal taste into the project (whether you enjoy the result or not), is not out of line or anything more than sadly obvious.

If you were playing a game and the new civilization had a distinct authoritarian bent, liked marching and saluting with their hands out and you found out that the lead designer was a big fan of the Third Reich, you would definitely draw the conclusion that they interjected their personal/political preferences into it. I assume you would find that objectionable.

And I'm sure there were people who had to approve it, however given the way alot of companies like Blizzard are acting recently, I wouldn't be surprised if the pushback was relatively limited.

If you like the result, great, good for you.... but the people who don't are justified in being upset that it looks like Blizzard is producing something that appeals to a particular type of person and not to their main audience. Will it work out for them? Guess we'll find out.
    It’s kind of dumb though to act like this person is working alone and is single-handedly pushing things in a certain direction. Anything art-related has to go through an approval process with management, and eventually signed off on. So if anyone should be blamed, it should be Blizzard themselves.

However, with that said, people are judging this entirely on an incomplete view of future art assets. That’s also rather dumb.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    It’s kind of dumb though to act like this person is working alone and is single-handedly pushing things in a certain direction. Anything art-related has to go through an approval process with management, and eventually signed off on. So if anyone should be blamed, it should be Blizzard themselves.

However, with that said, people are judging this entirely on an incomplete view of future art assets. That’s also rather dumb.
    Just because it’s “incomplete” doesn’t mean we can’t give feedback.
    Arguably it’s the best time to give feedback.

Throwback to when Worgen looked like this in Cata announcement and they were able to fix them because of the feedback.
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Just because it’s “incomplete” doesn’t mean we can’t give feedback.
    Arguably it’s the best time to give feedback.

Throwback to when Worgen looked like this in Cata announcement and they were able to fix them because of the feedback.
    You claim they need fixing but a lot of people seem to be happy with them, also didn't they ruin Worgens for the longest time thanks to Player "Feedback" aka whining, isn't selfish for you to assume everyone wants them to be as you imagine?

I don't want Blizz to change anything about Dracthyr or Evoker adding more options fine but you people are asking for an overhaul replacement, Now is my desire selfish... Yes, yes it is but it's something thats already ready to go pretty much without any real tweaking.

Yeah. "Fix" them. I'm so happy with the new worgen models, but the Cataclysm redesigns were slapdash as hell due to how quickly they had to cobble them together.