Poll: Do you like the Drac'thyr Evoker?

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tekaqua View Post
    They stated in interviews already there will be a slider for slim/bulk size but people jump to whining and crying before they can even read. Also they already said they would be revealing more customizations but again people jump to whining and crying before seeing everything.
    This is the slightly bulkier body Blizzard spoke of

Here with outlined difference

Almost no difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    Na. Not even close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Using the old models yeah, but they’ve already shown what Dragonflight the Drakonids (aside from the Dracthyr) look like and they look way better.

Uh no they don't. They just look like hi-rez versions of the old model. Also they're as thick as the Kul'tirans, who were a huge failure racially speaking.

- - - Updated - - -

Also they already said they would be revealing more customizations but again people jump to whining and crying before seeing everything.
    Pretty much.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    They stated in interviews already there will be a slider for slim/bulk size but people jump to whining and crying before they can even read. Also they already said they would be revealing more customizations but again people jump to whining and crying before seeing everything.
    They never said “sliders”

All they said was “slightly bulkier” or “slightly more slender”
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    Judge early and often so that criticisms have a higher chance of being addressed before it's too late.
    Completely Asinine, I've seen so many posts whine and cry about things that were addressed before they even posted about it. They aren't even reading they are just little toddlers throwing tantrums that its not what "they want". They think oh i whined and cried and this got addressed but in reality it was already stated... They think their individual want is the same for everyone else. Well it's not. I'm happy with what i've seen and read and will continue to wait and see the information as it is presented.

1+ Year Old Account

Uh no they don't. They just look like hi-rez versions of the old model. Also they're as thick as the Kul'tirans, who were a huge failure racially speaking.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much.
    The new models look like Kul Tirans in the slightest. Nor do they have the huge back hunch of the old models.

Either way we’re still getting a form of playable Drakonids/Draconic humanoids so I’m happy on that front, if only they were made to be bulkier.
    Chen isn't a Monk

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much.
    Big no. Old models are nowhere near as fat as KT and new one is not fat at all.

1+ Year Old Account
    This is the slightly bulkier body Blizzard spoke of

Here with outlined difference

Almost no difference.
    Though to be fair, they had said that the slightly bulkier and slightly more slender options are part of customization we haven’t seen and that they’re gonna have a presentation on the Dracthyr to address community concerns.

So it could be possible they could be bulkier than that… but I’m not getting my hopes up.
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Either way we’re still getting a form of playable Drakonids/Draconic humanoids so I’m happy on that front, if only they were made to be bulkier.
    You mean playable dragons. You need to listen to the developers and stop trying to create your own headcanon.

1+ Year Old Account
    You mean playable dragons. You need to listen to the developers and stop trying to create your own headcanon.
    Nah they’ve explicitly called them Drakonids or Draconic humanoids in the actual scripted reveals, and even sometimes in interviews.

Sure they will accomplish the fantasy of playing a dragon just like DK accomplishes the fantasy of being the Lich King. DKs are no more Lich Kings than Dracthyr are actual dragons.
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Big no. Old models are nowhere near as fat as KT and new one is not fat at all.
    Whether or not you think that model is as hulking as a KT is irrelevant. What is relevant is that all the new big, bulky races introduced in BFA failed hard. The idea that Blizzard should expend resources creating yet another big bulky race makes zero sense. The smarter move is to create the Dracthyr. People want to be dragons, not draconic slaves.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah they’ve explicitly called them Drakonids or Draconic humanoids in the actual scripted reveals, and even sometimes in interviews.
    When you say "they" you mean Ion, one time in an obvious slip up during the initial deep dive. Again, if you want to outright deny what multiple Blizzard devs have stated repeatedly in multiple interviews, that's your business.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post

Eyes, mainly.
    Wow so it has the same stace animation as a dh which has the same stance animation as a worgen, yup just a re-skinned model.... #sarcasm
    Its a freaking stance animation... how does that have anything todo with the model being re-skinned?

I was excited until i saw the interview. Clumped healing is not a niche it's a limitation. I've played shaman for years and this "niche" is not new or even preferred in any content. The few raid fights where clumped healing shines is offset by the need to move/dodge/spread mechanics that show up in any encounter. If you can stack for healing you don't need a specialized class or care because it means it's a super easy encounter and just a numbers check.

1+ Year Old Account
    When you say "they" you mean Ion, one time in an obvious slip up during the initial deep dive. Again, if you want to outright deny what multiple Blizzard devs have stated repeatedly in multiple interviews, that's your business.
    Ion, the game director saying they’re draconic humanoids during the very scripted and edited deep dive is pretty valid.

Even during the initial deep dive for the race the other people pretty much say “we can’t let you be a dragon so you’re a Draconic humanoid in a way where we can accomplish the fantasy of being a dragon.”

Lots of the other interviews also say they’re draconic humanoids and are accomplishing the fantasy without being actual dragons.
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Ion, the game director saying they’re draconic humanoids during the very scripted and edited deep dive is pretty valid.
    Again, a slip up. If you doubt this, feel free to find another instance where he said it again.

I'm sure just like your attempts to find a single dev saying that Dracthyr are NOT dragons, you're going to come back with nothing but more dodgy responses.

Even during the initial deep dive for the race the other people pretty much say “we can’t let you be a dragon so you’re a Draconic humanoid in a way where we can accomplish the fantasy of being a dragon.”
    Yeah, and they didn't even say that. You're literally making up your own reality at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    This is what we should have gotten:

Or this:

Both of those are races already in the lore and game, why would a race made in a lab as a mix or other races be any of those?

Jesus, and people complain about shadowlands story, you guys can't even go so far as creating a race without completely destroying the entire dragon lore...

Though to be fair, they had said that the slightly bulkier and slightly more slender options are part of customization we haven’t seen and that they’re gonna have a presentation on the Dracthyr to address community concerns.

So it could be possible they could be bulkier than that… but I’m not getting my hopes up.
    I have zero faith in those frucks.
    Whether or not you think that model is as hulking as a KT is irrelevant. What is relevant is that all the new big, bulky races introduced in BFA failed hard. The idea that Blizzard should expend resources creating yet another big bulky race makes zero sense. The smarter move is to create the Dracthyr. People want to be dragons, not draconic slaves.

- - - Updated - - -

Those weren't really new races, were they. Different Draenei and Tauren and fat humans are hardly eye catching. People want to be dragons, not furrysuits. There's nothing smart about their models. It's pure shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those weren't really new races, were they.
    Kul'tiran were. Only race that does worse than them are Mechagnomes.

Different Draenei and Tauren and fat humans are hardly eye catching.
    Neither are hideous, bulky Drakonids.

Kul'tiran were. Only race that does worse than them are Mechagnomes.

Neither are hideous, bulky Drakonids.
    Yes and they were fattos.

Na, that's clearly not true judging bythe response Dracthyr are getting. Drakonids aren't hideous as new models demonstrate and their bulkiness is exactly what people want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes and they were fattos.
    In other words unattractive. Drakonids are also unattractive, so why do you think they'd do any better?

Na, that's clearly not true judging bythe response Dracthyr are getting. Drakonids aren't hideous as new models demonstrate and their bulkiness is exactly what people want.
    What response? According to the poll, more people here like them than hate them. The response to Drakonids would be far worse.

now that I'm thinking about it the dracthyr look more like geckos than like dragons. not even iguanas, just underweight geckos.

not even chinese dragons. these dracthyr really need to ditch the soylent and hit the gym
    Last edited by guisadop; 2022-04-29 at 02:14 PM.
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.