Poll: Do you like the Drac'thyr Evoker?

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Got facts/numbers to back up that statement?

Because frankly, it doesn't seem like 'most' people on MMO-C care. Just a very select few vocal people.

I mean, even if we look at this poll, the "yes, I like them" crowd is winning by a slim margin.
    Tbf the poll is fairly useless. I for one clicked yes because I like the Evoker class, I still have issues with the aesthetics of the Drakthyr race. Not enough to scream bloody murder like some around here, but enough to want Blizz to either let me bulk mine up with as much armor as possble or just give me the option of a bulkier build (not Drakonid levels that would make no sense just... bulkier than I am irl :P)

Bad poll imo (even as someone in the vote that's "winning")

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    Tbf the poll is fairly useless. I for one clicked yes because I like the Evoker class, I still have issues with the aesthetics of the Drakthyr race. Not enough to scream bloody murder like some around here, but enough to want Blizz to either let me bulk mine up with as much armor as possble or just give me the option of a bulkier build (not Drakonid levels that would make no sense just... bulkier than I am irl :P)

Bad poll imo (even as someone in the vote that's "winning")
    Same here.
    I only voted yes because I like the class.

The race itself needs improvements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Same here.

Same here. I voted yes but only because I think they need a more buff option. I don’t want to look like a teenage dragon

The difference between this and Worgen is that Worgen never got to be actual werewolves. For example, we see Genn Greymane attack enemies with their claws and teeth, yet player Worgen cannot do that. Even in Druid form, Worgen don't get Werewolf form (which should have happened since they're technically Druids of the Fang) instead, they got a cat form, which really made zero sense.

Dracthyr on the other hand will have the full gamut of draconic abilities via Evoker like an actual dragon would. That actually makes the Dracthyr way less limited than Worgen in multiple respects.

As for gearing and customizations, Dracthyr have it no different than Druids, which are the most popular class in WoW. Druids can't show their gear or transmog in combat form, and it doesn't bother druid players one bit. Balance Druids can only show their weapon in Moonkin form, or they can go Astral which makes their gear translucent and hard to see. Dracthyr can show off their armor and gear in Visage form, which will be more than enough for players.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I can look at this skinny arms, long neck and trunk, slim legs, and small head and totally say that that is a skinny dragon.

But whatever.
    Well, i was talking about aesthetics mostly, and those are my main gripes personally. I loved playing druids, but and i know they are quite popular due to them being able to shapeshift and cover all roles, they are always going to be popular just with those, but i know i got bored of my forms over the years and enjoyed a more customizable character (Again, those are my personal thoughts, i never joined here intending to trash dragondudes just because).

And thats what i meant, they half-assed wolfdudes so im a bit worried. We'll see.

Of course gameplay wise they sound nice, but im not yet sure how well they will blend with the rest of the team.

Im one of those guys that love transmogging their armor for all my classes to look as close to threir fantasy and my tastes, so they will always miss some of the things i like most.

So then again, i dont really like what they have shown, but thays my personal opinion. If people are ok with them thats perfectly fine, different opions.

Im also a bit worried about them after the xpack. Blizzard usually makes these new stuff xpacks a themepark and overuse them, and next one they are just forgotten and feel weird among the rest. I always coule be wrong, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Same here.

I guess that's true.

We can't really blame the class for the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Got facts/numbers to back up that statement?

Because frankly, it doesn't seem like 'most' people on MMO-C care. Just a very select few vocal people.

I mean, even if we look at this poll, the "yes, I like them" crowd is winning by a slim margin.
    Check reddit or official forums. On reddit theres 9k post bout changing Dracthyr model.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shigma View Post
    Well, i was talking about aesthetics mostly, and those are my main gripes personally. I loved playing druids, but and i know they are quite popular due to them being able to shapeshift and cover all roles, they are always going to be popular just with those, but i know i got bored of my forms over the years and enjoyed a more customizable character (Again, those are my personal thoughts, i never joined here intending to trash dragondudes just because).

And thats what i meant, they half-assed wolfdudes so im a bit worried. We'll see.

Of course gameplay wise they sound nice, but im not yet sure how well they will blend with the rest of the team.

Im one of those guys that love transmogging their armor for all my classes to look as close to threir fantasy and my tastes, so they will always miss some of the things i like most.

So then again, i dont really like what they have shown, but thays my personal opinion. If people are ok with them thats perfectly fine, different opions.

Im also a bit worried about them after the xpack. Blizzard usually makes these new stuff xpacks a themepark and overuse them, and next one they are just forgotten and feel weird among the rest. I always coule be wrong, tho.
    That's because Blizzard halfassed Dracthyr. There's no good reason why they shouldn't wear armors other than Blizzard being lazy fucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    That's because Blizzard halfassed Dracthyr. There's no good reason why they shouldn't wear armors other than Blizzard being lazy fucks.
    They could give em armor, but it'll cost us a raid tier.

Hell, I probably shouldn't even be joking about that, considering Shadowlands didn't even add a new race or class and they cut an entire raid patch out....

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    They could give em armor, but it'll cost us a raid tier.

Hell, I probably shouldn't even be joking about that, considering Shadowlands didn't even add a new race or class and they cut an entire raid patch out....
    Tbh, I'd be willing to let one raid tier go in exchange for a race that will remain for the remainder of the game's life to be more complete. Not that such a sacrifice should be necessary in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by bruxx View Post
    Tbh, I'd be willing to let one raid tier go in exchange for a race that will remain for the remainder of the game's life to be more complete. Not that such a sacrifice should be necessary in the first place.
    As a Druid main, I can empathize with the sentiment. Took us forever to get our Bear armor, but it was so worth it.

I feel like they need a tank spec, otherwise I like them. I see why they locked Evoker to the new race as the spell animations and all that require them being able to fly and breathe fire, but I can't see why they locked the new race to only the evoker. I just don't get how a dragon type race can't be a tank. I probably won't end up playing one as I think they will be very popular and over-saturated.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    What can I say, I didn't want draconids of any variety.... I wanted Dragons.

You know, these folks?

The fact that they would say "well those are the Aspects, you can't be like that....."

Chromie:

Chromie isn't an aspect, she's a dragon that shifts into a mortal form to interact with mortals, just like we should have been able to.

If DF is going to be full of real dragons flying around the Dragon Isles while you walk around as a lizardman abomination seeing what you should have been..... man depressing to a ridiculous degree.
    I don't think they ever said we can't be a dragon because they belong to aspects or something similar. There are shitton of dragons outside of aspects...
    They said you couldn't be because of limitations, one of the prominent ones being size.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Even if they had worked a way to make us four-legged non-humanoid dragons, we'd then have loads of people complaining that they didn't look "right", no matter how they looked, complaining about their animations being "too simple" or "cut down" or whatever, and the rage about them not being tanks would be notably louder.
    Pretty much, which is why I'm taking this argument less and less seriously. When you have people blatantly ignoring Blizzard's own words about the new race, and just start making up stuff to hate on the concept, there's really no point in continuing the discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shigma View Post

Well they half-assed Worgen, they aren't half-assing the Dracthyrs as far as I can tell.

Well, you'll be able to view your transmogs in visage form. Again, it's no different than this;

Granted, there will be no middle step, but that's the gist of what you're going to be doing.

I don't see why. Dragons are an ever-present force in WoW, so at one point or another, we're going to be running into more dragons. They're not like Undead or Demons, they tend to be our allies.

can't say i agree with the idea that they need a tank spec. they could add a 100 and it would still be a shortage.
    it's just not a popular enough role.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    I just feel there were better ways to implement both the Drac'thyr and Evoker.

I just don't see how a completely new race will work locked to one class. If you don't like the class, you can't play the race. All other races have multiple choices, so you can try to find a race/class combo that suits you.
    They are trying something new i guess

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Contrary to many, I actually like the one class, one race thing.

Do I like this class and race?
    No.

It just feels like it came from way out in left field compared to what people have been asking for.
    Then there’s the actual look. Lazy, low effort, and derpy are all my initial takes, and they’ve not improved over time.
    Alot of people like the one class one race thing, but these forums are filled with entitled people who want the game to cater to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a few complaints but overall I like them...and it has provided me a lot of laughs that people are complaining that they suck simply because they don't look like they eat a bottle of steroids with every meal

Because I guess the only way you can be powerful (especially in a fantasy universe) is to look like you can bench press a boulder

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonflight10 View Post
    Alot of people like the one class one race thing, but these forums are filled with entitled people who want the game to cater to them.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure most players understand there's no way you can get the feel of being a dragon without combining the race and the class together into a single gameplay unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Honestly, watching this poll go makes me feel pretty confident Blizzard is making the right decision sticking to their guns with this.

The WoW community is unpleasable, this is a fact of life, people will whine about anything and pass off opinions as fact, so the fact this poll is close to 200 votes in and dead even tells me there's enough positivity to cancel out a lot of the bad faith folks who will complain to complain.
    I agree but from what I've seen the community is fine, it's just people you see here are a very VOCAL minority who create thread after thread complaining

notice how most of them only care about insignificant things in the game and they always have this weird fantasy about how the game should be, then they go complain why isn't X thing is in the game like wth?
    Since when was gaming about asking companies to alter their games to your specific needs ??

1+ Year Old Account
    Everything I've read about the class and its gameplay sounds genuinely dope. The derpy slim build won't be a big problem for me; They have already confirmed that your Dracthyr can wear shoulder transmog in their combat form which will make it look way better. Excited to play it. I'm not that big into dragons but am excited nonetheless.

Well, you'll be able to view your transmogs in visage form. Again, it's no different than this;

Granted, there will be no middle step, but that's the gist of what you're going to be doing.
    Does anyome know how the transformation looks like at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Does anyome know how the transformation looks like at this point?
    According to the MrGM interview with Holinka, it'll be a puff of smoke. It will not be like the worgen transformation.