Poll: Do you like the Drac'thyr Evoker?

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    According to the MrGM interview with Holinka, it'll be a puff of smoke. It will not be like the worgen transformation.
    Like Druids.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Anyone thinking this class is going to flop hasn't been paying attention to what this class is offering. While I am disappointed that it is only 2 specs, Demon Hunters have done just fine popularity-wise with 2 specs because they have nailed the fantasy of being a demon hunter. If this class nails the fantasy of being a dragon, then it's going to do very well also. Considering this class debuts in the DRAGON Isles, it's going to be next to impossible for Blizzard not to nail the fantasy. Players are going to be completely enveloped by it throughout the entirety of the upcoming expansion.

Further, there HAVE been people awaiting the opportunity to play a character akin to Wrathion, Kalecgos, or Alexstraza. Wrathion is easily one of the top characters in WoW at the moment, especially among the younger demographic of players. People LOVE dragons as a fantasy, and WoW is giving them that opportunity which is very novel in WoW's class lineup, and frankly the lineup of many MMO games.

Just look at the fan art already popping up;

I personally predict the DE to be one of the top 3 classes in the game on a consistent basis. It's simply bringing too much to the table.
    Feels like theres very few demon hunters around these days. And evokers would have been a great candidate for a mail tank with lust, invoking the power of the black dragonflight. hell, prot warriors legendary was a scale of neltharion...so it just seems lazy that they didnt do a 3rd spec

Anyone thinking this class is going to flop hasn't been paying attention to what this class is offering. While I am disappointed that it is only 2 specs, Demon Hunters have done just fine popularity-wise with 2 specs because they have nailed the fantasy of being a demon hunter. If this class nails the fantasy of being a dragon, then it's going to do very well also. Considering this class debuts in the DRAGON Isles, it's going to be next to impossible for Blizzard not to nail the fantasy. Players are going to be completely enveloped by it throughout the entirety of the upcoming expansion.

Further, there HAVE been people awaiting the opportunity to play a character akin to Wrathion, Kalecgos, or Alexstraza. Wrathion is easily one of the top characters in WoW at the moment, especially among the younger demographic of players. People LOVE dragons as a fantasy, and WoW is giving them that opportunity which is very novel in WoW's class lineup, and frankly the lineup of many MMO games.

Just look at the fan art already popping up;

I personally predict the DE to be one of the top 3 classes in the game on a consistent basis. It's simply bringing too much to the table.
    But we AREN'T Wrathion, or Alexstrasza, we (once again) are just, the pc, some kind of weird, ugly, bodypainted underling race, while walking around with some handsome Kalecgos, and Wrathion npc.

Dracthyr just look like some failed humanoid lizard, they don't even come closer to an actual dragon form, and I'm so much pissed by this I'd rather had Tinker than this shit.

People that are going to make their "dragons oc" are just on copium, if atleast they would gave use the possibility to hide ourself in Dragon riding to be able to have something like.

Visage form > Dracthyr form (let's say it's the Wrathion humanoid dragon) and > Dragonriding form.

But this wont happen cause you know, we'll be Dragonriding with our visage form, you know, a dragon riding a dragon.

Wait, someone just told me, THESES AREN'T dragons, they are called... Dracthyr.

I'm so pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    They could give em armor, but it'll cost us a raid tier.

Hell, I probably shouldn't even be joking about that, considering Shadowlands didn't even add a new race or class and they cut an entire raid patch out....
    Small indie company should start a kickstarter campaign to fund armors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunravel View Post
    But we AREN'T Wrathion, or Alexstrasza, we (once again) are just, the pc, some kind of weird, ugly, bodypainted underling race, while walking around with some handsome Kalecgos, and Wrathion npc.
    You are for all intents and purposes just like those characters. Further, I'm confident that Blizzard will give you plenty of options in Visage form to look the way you want to look.

Dracthyr just look like some failed humanoid lizard, they don't even come closer to an actual dragon form...
    You should expand your knowledge of draconic myths. Plenty of mythical dragons resemble dracthyr.

People that are going to make their "dragons oc" are just on copium, if atleast they would gave use the possibility to hide ourself in Dragon riding to be able to have something like.
    Or maybe, just maybe they like the way the race/class looks? Not every class is for every player.

Wait, someone just told me, THESES AREN'T dragons, they are called... Dracthyr.

I'm so pissed.
    That wouldn't be Blizzard, the ones who created the concept and control the lore. They've stated plainly that Dracthyr ARE dragons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nokura View Post
    Feels like theres very few demon hunters around these days. And evokers would have been a great candidate for a mail tank with lust, invoking the power of the black dragonflight. hell, prot warriors legendary was a scale of neltharion...so it just seems lazy that they didnt do a 3rd spec
    I agree that there should have been a 3rd spec. I believe what happened is that Blizzard realized that a Evoker tank would have to be somewhat ranged and highly mobile, since they appear to be really focusing a lot of the concept around mobility and flying. I don't think Blizzard was prepared to make that type of tank, because it would have required significantly altering raid mechanics. It seems that they want to keep tanking as close to standard melee as possible, and that isn't their vision for the Evoker, who they doggedly view as a ranged class.

I knew what they reminded me of

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice to see the poll begin to widen in the right direction. I think the race/class will grow on people with time. Especially as we get closer to release and things become more finalized, and the options become more apparent.

Yes I do. It goes a different route to what I expected, but seems fitting lorewise. The abilities we've seen look pretty cool, especially the fly-by firebreath. Tying a class to a race doesn't seem like a bad idea, it's unique enough, and still gives us both a new class and a new race. The only other expansion that did that was MoP, and guess what, MoP kicked ass. Except Golden Lotus dailies ofc.

The only complains I'd have is the skinny form (which might turn out to be customizable enough to be bulkier) and only 2 specs - here's hoping that they throw one more in, just for variety.

Nice to see the poll begin to widen in the right direction. I think the race/class will grow on people with time. Especially as we get closer to release and things become more finalized, and the options become more apparent.
    Many like the class and dislike the model. This poll shouldn't be used to measure Dracthyr looks popularity.

This post https://twitter.com/ThunderBrush/sta...Cz1fGlkowqAAAA has 6k likes.
    Reposted on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ke_it_so_much/ it has almost 9k

Different posts on the same topic
    1. https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ew_race_fixed/ almost 5k
    2. https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...chad_drakonid/ 3k
    3. https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ut_this_is_my/ almost 2k
    4. https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._some_protein/ 1k

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    Many like the class and dislike the model. This poll shouldn't be used to measure Dracthyr looks popularity.

This post https://twitter.com/ThunderBrush/sta...Cz1fGlkowqAAAA has 6k likes.
    Reposted on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ke_it_so_much/ it has almost 9k

Different posts on the same topic
    1. https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ew_race_fixed/ almost 5k
    2. https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...chad_drakonid/ 3k
    3. https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ut_this_is_my/ almost 2k
    4. https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._some_protein/ 1k
    Seems to be entirely based on bulkiness and muscle tone. A completely frivolous thing to worry about. It makes perfect sense for a caster to be slender. I personally welcome the idea of a race that's slender instead of roided out. Especially considering that the Dracthyr are potentially the tallest playable race in WoW. Bulking them up would make them visual obstructions.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-04-30 at 02:30 PM.

In art, there is no right direction. It is subjective.

Seems to be entirely based on bulkiness and muscle tone. A completely frivolous thing to worry about. It makes perfect sense for a caster to be slender. I personally welcome the idea of a race that's slender instead of roided out. Especially considering that the Dracthyr are potentially the tallest playable race in WoW. Bulking them up would make them visual obstructions.
    It's a very good reason for worries. It makes little sense for dragon like race to be slender. No matter how tall they end up, their narrow chests and shoulders make them look goofy as fuck.

They just look silly imo.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    In art, there is no right direction. It is subjective.
    Sure there is, once you understand what the artist was going for.

You, @Kithelle, and others like you and your 'Wah! My lizard doesn't look like a Mr. Universe competitor!' quip as though there isn't a wide area between 'stick bug' and 'lay off the steroids' where most people criticizing the model actually reside.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    It's a very good reason for worries. It makes little sense for dragon like race to be slender. No matter how tall they end up, their narrow chests and shoulders make them look goofy as fuck.
    Narrow?

Looks like similar proportions to an NBA player.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    You, @Kithelle, and others like you and your 'Wah! My lizard doesn't look like a Mr. Universe competitor!' quip as though there isn't a wide area between 'stick bug' and 'lay off the steroids' where most people criticizing the model actually reside.
    Looking at the image above, it appears that Dracthyr achieve that mid-point just fine.

Narrow?

[IMG]https://blizzardwatch.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/wow-dragonflight-dracthyr-model-header.jpg[IMG]

Looks like similar proportions to an NBA player.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at the image above, it appears that Dracthyr achieve that mid-point just fine.
    I have to wonder if your near-obsessive insistence over these few threads is some sort of coping from tinker not being announced again because they are quite thin-looking and no amount of Wrathion image spam is going to change that; that would be the devs' job to find that middle ground and for us to give the critique that can either be taken into account or summarily ignored for good or ill.

Not my cup of tea, i was hoping for a Dragon Knight Tank or something like that, i dont like the Drac model nor the "human" model, is not for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I have to wonder if your near-obsessive insistence over these few threads is some sort of coping from tinker not being announced again because they are quite thin-looking and no amount of Wrathion image spam is going to change that; that would be the devs' job to find that middle ground and for us to give the critique that can either be taken into account or summarily ignored for good or ill.
    Is it my fault that people here can’t tell the difference between broad and narrow shoulders?

I unno, Dracthyr look fine to me.