Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.

I got into the beta!!!!

Freaking hyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyype

Here's some images so that you guys can post about what the email looks like on the front page or w/e

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    I got into the beta!!!!
    Freaking hyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyype
    Damn, my condolences.

Sorry to hear OP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

Yeah it's really terrible.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

As did I.

It's not a sequel, it's a patch at best. Some new maps, some new characters, otherwise carbon copy.

Did expect that though so not like I'm disappointed.

10+ Year Old Account
    From everything so far, why wasnt this just a major patch (or expansion) for the main game, why is this even called Overwatch 2?

There is a major overhaul on design of the way heroes play but once again could have been implemented in the main game.
    The zones are the same with some added new maps, but this time the zones all look drained of colour compared to the old ones, they actually look worse.
    I am told there is a solo story mode but once again could have been added to the main game.
    Also you currently have all your skins and emotes etc you collected imported into this game which is good.

In the grand scheme of things this did not need to be a new game, I don't know why they even made a 2nd game its just a copy and paste. With extreme heroes ability changes and some new maps... all this could have been added to the main game. Not so much Overwatch 2 as it is Overwatch 1.5 :P

they have still got to add the single player story mode that they said they were adding so, let's see how that goes.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-04-27 at 10:26 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by UhmHi View Post
    It's not a sequel, it's a patch at best.
    It's basically a re-branded "expansion" of old. Not a new game. Not a "different" game. Still the same original game but...with a big expansion (PvE). I don't get this whole trying to rebrand expansions as "sequels", but whatever.

I'm just waiting for info on the PvE part of the "sequel". Zero interest in PvP especially as they move away from their more unique setup towards a more traditional shooter setup, apparently in an attempt to make the game more watchable for esports.

Literally a patch with UI updates. Everything else is the same

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremelyCrusty View Post
    Literally a patch with UI updates. Everything else is the same
    Ah I remember the blizzcon they announced OW2. And in the deep dive panel(?), even the devs were like 'look how awesome it is, we could just copy and paste everything into overwatch 2, blablabla'.

And people were cheering. Totally beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    From everything so far, why wasnt this just a major patch (or expansion) for the main game, why is this even called Overwatch 2?

There is a major overhaul on design of the way heroes play but once again could have been implemented in the main game.
    The zones are the same with some added new maps, but this time the zones all look drained of colour compared to the old ones, they actually look worse.
    I am told there is a solo story mode but once again could have been added to the main game.
    Also you currently have all your skins and emotes etc you collected imported into this game which is good.

In the grand scheme of things this did not need to be a new game, I don't know why they even made a 2nd game its just a copy and paste. With extreme heroes ability changes and some new maps... all this could have been added to the main game. Not so much Overwatch 2 as it is Overwatch 1.5 :P

they have still got to add the single player story mode that they said they were adding so, let's see how that goes.
    Because if Blizzard called it a expansion people would treat it as a expansion and then complain if Blizzard asks more than 20 euro's for Overwatch.

Also Doomfist is broken! He is super fast, hard to kill and his hitbox hasn't been adjusted to be like the other tanks. Semi awesome him being a one man army but still he will never/or should never go life like this.

Also I kind of hope that Sojourn gets a much better ultimate. She is really strong except her ulti is kind of a joke in my opinion.,

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's basically a re-branded "expansion" of old. Not a new game. Not a "different" game. Still the same original game but...with a big expansion (PvE). I don't get this whole trying to rebrand expansions as "sequels", but whatever.

I'm just waiting for info on the PvE part of the "sequel". Zero interest in PvP especially as they move away from their more unique setup towards a more traditional shooter setup, apparently in an attempt to make the game more watchable for esports.
    Probably money.
    Calling a game a expansion and people would be angry if you ask them to pay full price plus this way you aren't forcing people to buy overwatch.

Second also maybe development time in comparison ot a normal expansion. Clearly Blizzard is spending allot more time developing OW2 than a WoW expansion.
    Last edited by ati87; 2022-04-28 at 10:30 AM.

There's many reasons why they would want to brand it as "something new".

First and foremost, obviously, $$$.

Second, if it was branded as a patch, not many people would even give it thought. Oh, Overwatch, that old, dead game that I spent a summer playing has a new patch? Good for them, I guess. But Overwatch 2? Ohoho, let's see what's going on!

Ultimately, most people will just be disappointed and lose another sliver of trust in Blizzard.

I've gotten beta invites to most of Blizzard's games, not once have I tried em.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everone who watches a twitch stream for 1 or 2 hours gets into beta

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    There's many reasons why they would want to brand it as "something new".

First and foremost, obviously, $$$.

Second, if it was branded as a patch, not many people would even give it thought. Oh, Overwatch, that old, dead game that I spent a summer playing has a new patch? Good for them, I guess. But Overwatch 2? Ohoho, let's see what's going on!

Ultimately, most people will just be disappointed and lose another sliver of trust in Blizzard.
    You could give people free money and you would have a large group of people complain.

Quote Originally Posted by UhmHi View Post
    As did I.

It's not a sequel, it's a patch at best. Some new maps, some new characters, otherwise carbon copy.

Did expect that though so not like I'm disappointed.
    I got into the beta aswell, and honestly, i couldnt agree more.
    I was pretty hyped for OW2, all the talk about it has made it up to be a completely different thing than OW1, but in the first minute of the beta, i realised it`s literally just OW1 with better graphics, some updated sound effects and a new character, all of these are things that could easily be put into OW1 i`m sure, but you know, patches dont make money, sequels do

Quote Originally Posted by Scifix View Post
    I got into the beta aswell, and honestly, i couldnt agree more.
    I was pretty hyped for OW2, all the talk about it has made it up to be a completely different thing than OW1, but in the first minute of the beta, i realised it`s literally just OW1 with better graphics, some updated sound effects and a new character, all of these are things that could easily be put into OW1 i`m sure, but you know, patches dont make money, sequels do
    Honestly what did you expect? It's called Overwatch 2.
    Blizzard is/should be adding the PVE part which is the justification they used to call this a sequel but currently we are only testing to PVP part of the game.

Last I read is that you need OW to be able to play the PVP part of OW2 while you need OW2 to get the full game (pve and pvp).

Idk how much they are planning to charge for OW2, but it's too much.
    The changes aren't great and have gutted the more indepth aspects of what made OW a great game. Although their visual changes are much better and you can see what's going on. I'd say take the visuals and put them in OW and keep that standard and you'd have a much better game.
    Last edited by StillMcfuu; 2022-04-28 at 01:49 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacques View Post
    Everone who watches a twitch stream for 1 or 2 hours gets into beta
    I didn't watch a stream though. I got lucky.

Could have just played regular Overwatch, really.

Maybe once PvE comes out.

4 years of development for this

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Could have just played regular Overwatch, really.

Maybe once PvE comes out.
    They've had custom seasonal PvE events against robots before. People generally only played them once, or until they got the rewards, then never touched it again. Not sure why Blizzard decided to go all in with this concept.