Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Just played my first match. Literally unplayable, people had found their way into our spawn somehow and we were just being deleted by Bastion, Soldier, Brig, Rein, Ana. Cannot recommend based off of one game

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    They've had custom seasonal PvE events against robots before. People generally only played them once, or until they got the rewards, then never touched it again. Not sure why Blizzard decided to go all in with this concept.
    Well, I havent done a lot of research (like tackling games with an empty view), but they better invest more on the pve side than just quick, barely assed missions.

I dunno why people are so anal lmao, its the pvp part of the game, which will be free and override the original game. As for the changes themselves, this is, a much, much better game. People that says its the same game, really dont play this game lmao. The 5v5 and low shield and increased movement speed makes this a way more player performance based game. No more shooting at shield for half the game. Infact the only two shield heroes left... kinda suck and dont work out well in this type of game. The underlying idea of these changes are very good and work well. Easier to flank, easier to play very squishy but high damage dps. Cant have bunch of tanks blocking every path and soaking damage until someone ults to delete people. Theres actual skirmish that will end before ultimates are ready because the protection is very limited.

The down side, a handful of heroes arent made for this game and just suck ass.
    -Reinhart, absolutely useless in this game. Hes slow, dps moves too fast, he doesent contribute damage when hes doing the only thing hes good at, having a shield. Waste of a slot.
    -Winston, not as bad, but still lacking in damage, the projective thing is ackward.
    -Mercy, if you cant defend yourself as a healer in this game, you are gona have an hard time. Mercy is the least offensive healer. Literally can only fight with a pistol and it stops all her healing. Needs a big rework.
    -Pharah, this game actually helps her a lot, since her dps in number was so low, being so vulnerable and being so bad at shooting down shield, she was just pretty useless often. Now theres no shields, she find her angle and the movement speed increase in the air, is good. Still think she should have 250 hp like reaper. You know vulnerable dps, probably should a bit more bulky.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    I dunno why people are so anal lmao, its the pvp part of the game, which will be free and override the original game. As for the changes themselves, this is, a much, much better game. People that says its the same game, really dont play this game lmao. The 5v5 and low shield and increased movement speed makes this a way more player performance based game. No more shooting at shield for half the game. Infact the only two shield heroes left... kinda suck and dont work out well in this type of game. The underlying idea of these changes are very good and work well. Easier to flank, easier to play very squishy but high damage dps. Cant have bunch of tanks blocking every path and soaking damage until someone ults to delete people. Theres actual skirmish that will end before ultimates are ready because the protection is very limited.

The down side, a handful of heroes arent made for this game and just suck ass.
    -Reinhart, absolutely useless in this game. Hes slow, dps moves too fast, he doesent contribute damage when hes doing the only thing hes good at, having a shield. Waste of a slot.
    -Winston, not as bad, but still lacking in damage, the projective thing is ackward.
    -Mercy, if you cant defend yourself as a healer in this game, you are gona have an hard time. Mercy is the least offensive healer. Literally can only fight with a pistol and it stops all her healing. Needs a big rework.
    -Pharah, this game actually helps her a lot, since her dps in number was so low, being so vulnerable and being so bad at shooting down shield, she was just pretty useless often. Now theres no shields, she find her angle and the movement speed increase in the air, is good. Still think she should have 250 hp like reaper. You know vulnerable dps, probably should a bit more bulky.
    "Game is better now. Here's why it doesn't work properly:"

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    "Game is better now. Here's why it doesn't work properly:"
    3 heroes dont work in it out of 30*

Got into it the other day. Other than the changes to some heroes and the new push mode, I'm not seeing the hype some others are having. Orisa feels broken, Doomfist feels naked as a tank and doesn't feel that fun to play as. Surprised they didn't make any changes to healers, that I know of.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    They've had custom seasonal PvE events against robots before. People generally only played them once, or until they got the rewards, then never touched it again. Not sure why Blizzard decided to go all in with this concept.
    It's not even comparable to what they've shown they plan to do though.

The events in the past were either "Defend against waves in a single spot" (Junkenstein) which was tedious, or the bare minimum in terms of gameplay.

Meanwhile the new PvE content they've shown is supposed to allow you to customize heroes through using them, include a huge pool of missions and have a focus on replayability. And if I recall correctly, they're also supposed to be able to be played solo. While also having a focus on new story instead of focusing on the past like Overwatch 1 did.

Which is valid to criticize that Overwatch 1 really dropped the ball on story but it seems like Blizzard thought they didn't give enough backstory.

Most complaints here honestly just seem to have not been following the updates on the game. Like, the constant "Why bother, just play Overwatch 1", which Blizzard has said from the start that if all you care about is PvP, OW1 will play with OW2 players and you don't need to get OW2. OW2 has always just been the PvE side of things, and probably going to have cosmetics tied to that if anything so you can still get something to use in PvP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    Got into it the other day. Other than the changes to some heroes and the new push mode, I'm not seeing the hype some others are having. Orisa feels broken, Doomfist feels naked as a tank and doesn't feel that fun to play as. Surprised they didn't make any changes to healers, that I know of.
    Honestly, I only got to play as a healer a few rounds last night, but more than half had Doomfist as a tank and it just feels like people still play him as if he's a DPS, or as if he's Roadhog.

They try to flank and pick people off but he's a pain to try to heal like that, and either people are playing him badly or he doesn't have the survivability to do that. Which makes me feel like he should be more like Winston, jumping into the front of the team and disrupting so the rest of your team can rush in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Honestly, I only got to play as a healer a few rounds last night, but more than half had Doomfist as a tank and it just feels like people still play him as if he's a DPS, or as if he's Roadhog.

They try to flank and pick people off but he's a pain to try to heal like that, and either people are playing him badly or he doesn't have the survivability to do that. Which makes me feel like he should be more like Winston, jumping into the front of the team and disrupting so the rest of your team can rush in.
    That's pretty much how I tried to go about playing him in the end, like Winston, but with the 1 tank per side, it doesn't mesh that well because your only form of mitigation just puts you out in the open. At least with 'hog you have a larger health pool, Doomfist is just out in the open with his pants down if they don't shoot at you with your tank mitigation ability active, like with Zarya's bubble.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

3 heroes dont work in it out of 30*
    I'm sure those 3 heroes are the only ones feeling out of place in a new complete environment and team composition.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I'm sure those 3 heroes are the only ones feeling out of place in a new complete environment and team composition.
    By far yes? Guess what even in the original ow years later this was still true that some heroes dont make the meta lol. They said they had a clear goal. Remove stuns, remove shields, make it more about shooting. They accomplished that, it just needs tweaking on some heroes that dont fit?

I tried.all.heroes to varying degrees already. If you have other heroes then the 3 that i mentioned that seems to not work, feel free to list them and why. Its funny that you berate me while you so far said nothing lol.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2022-04-29 at 08:11 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I like the lack of defensive shields and slow ult charge the game has now. Feels too much like the wild west. If you're not humping a wall, you're dead the moment you step out of spawn. There's nothing to get behind and everyone's basically on their own doing their own little skirmishes. Feels less like a team game and more like a death match.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's basically a re-branded "expansion" of old. Not a new game. Not a "different" game. Still the same original game but...with a big expansion (PvE). I don't get this whole trying to rebrand expansions as "sequels", but whatever.
    What's not to get here, really? Sell a 60$ dollars game for less development effort.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I don't think I like the lack of defensive shields and slow ult charge the game has now. Feels too much like the wild west. If you're not humping a wall, you're dead the moment you step out of spawn. There's nothing to get behind and everyone's basically on their own doing their own little skirmishes. Feels less like a team game and more like a death match.
    Because thats what most people at some competitive level wanted. More individual opportunity and less reliance on tank play. Basically be a shooting game. You have to remeber, if they ddint force 2/2/2 the meta would still currently be 3 tanks and 3 healers. Because of how easy it is to execute and how strong it is. People just have to readjust to the reality that you are in a shooting game again. People will shoot and kill you very quickly. You need to position well, you need to find angle to push out choke points. Now we haven't seen all maps, but the one they do show have more cover for exemple. They probably cant have maps with a single door anymore or huge empty rooms obviously, but i feel they understand that.

Now like i said the side effect some characters are not tuned for this but apparently on this beta we dont have a lot of the upcoming rework. Some character like soldier, sombra or roadhog are made perfecly well for this kind of game. Someone like reinhart or mercy not so much.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2022-04-30 at 11:18 AM.

I have to laugh when they are like "Welcome to the PVP beta" and im like, Isnt the entire game Pvp anyway?

That sounds amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    That sounds amazing.
    The problem is turning the game from a team-based game into more of a solo experience is anti-thesis to what actually makes OW interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    What's not to get here, really? Sell a 60$ dollars game for less development effort.
    You realize on PC, at launch Overwatch was $40, right? It was only $60 if you wanted the bonus skins.

And again, the PvP update is going to be free for Overwatch players. The amount of griping over this really is crazy. Not only was the original game a lower price at launch, but you don't even have to buy Overwatch 2 if you don't care about PvE. And people are STILL whining about it.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    The problem is turning the game from a team-based game into more of a solo experience is anti-thesis to what actually makes OW interesting.
    Yeah I get the problem and I was being partially facetious. It's near impossible to strike a balance between individual one-man armies waltzing over any carefully laid plans, and those carefully laid plans turning into an impasse robbing the individual player's autonomy.

And it's a problem that predates Overwatch. Team Fortress had the same problem, and Brink flopped because it put teamwork before everything.

Splash Damage's portfolio of team-shooters are interesting here. Their Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory was a team-shooter, people relied on each other. However, the skill ceiling was very high as well. Which created the volatility I feel Overwatch needs. Teams need to work together, but the game shouldn't handhold the teamplay. Being a benefit to your team still needs to be a challenge by itself. That way you allow for careful team-strategies to be 'collapsed' by particularly gifted players.

Overwatch (and Brink) didn't allow for these team strategies to collapse like that. If a player found a weak-spot in the other team's battleline, then some damage was limited.

Ultimately the game that truly nailed this balance, through the use of vehicles and deployables, is Quake Wars. Quake Wars is a masterpiece. Its meta still keeps developing even though it hasn't seen a patch in 15 years. Blizzard should probably look into that game for inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Not a troll post, but what is even the difference between OW1 and OW2?
    It's a different balance. Less support and shield potency means the individuale damage dealers now rule the meta.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because thats what most people at some competitive level wanted. More individual opportunity and less reliance on tank play. Basically be a shooting game. You have to remeber, if they ddint force 2/2/2 the meta would still currently be 3 tanks and 3 healers. Because of how easy it is to execute and how strong it is. People just have to readjust to the reality that you are in a shooting game again. People will shoot and kill you very quickly. You need to position well, you need to find angle to push out choke points. Now we haven't seen all maps, but the one they do show have more cover for exemple. They probably cant have maps with a single door anymore or huge empty rooms obviously, but i feel they understand that.

Now like i said the side effect some characters are not tuned for this but apparently on this beta we dont have a lot of the upcoming rework. Some character like soldier, sombra or roadhog are made perfecly well for this kind of game. Someone like reinhart or mercy not so much.
    I'm aware of all that. I do not like any of it because none of that fits my play style. I specifically never liked pure shooting games, which is what this is turning into. What drew me to this game was the fact that I didn't have to be really good at aiming to be useful. Abilities, ultimates, etc are starting to matter less and less, and it's moving even faster than I can think. It's pushing me out of the game. I just wish they could have made a different game for the competitive people, and left what people like me enjoyed in Overwatch. As it stands now, I just don't have a game because they've turned every formerly low-mechanic heroes into higher mechanical styles so now I can't do anything at all. I used to be able to pick heroes that got value out of low mechanical skill, and they're just carpet bombing it all. To be fair though, it's been happening for a couple years now. This is just the final nail in the coffin, and now I basically have to leave.

I'm aware of all that. I do not like any of it because none of that fits my play style. I specifically never liked pure shooting games, which is what this is turning into. What drew me to this game was the fact that I didn't have to be really good at aiming to be useful. Abilities, ultimates, etc are starting to matter less and less, and it's moving even faster than I can think. It's pushing me out of the game. I just wish they could have made a different game for the competitive people, and left what people like me enjoyed in Overwatch. As it stands now, I just don't have a game because they've turned every formerly low-mechanic heroes into higher mechanical styles so now I can't do anything at all. I used to be able to pick heroes that got value out of low mechanical skill, and they're just carpet bombing it all. To be fair though, it's been happening for a couple years now. This is just the final nail in the coffin, and now I basically have to leave.
    I get the struggle, obviously for me this is an improvement on the other side. I left OW years ago because the trippled tank was just too boring to play and 2/2/2 is a forced bandage and i still end up shooting at shields for more then half my play time. I think a better balance to this would have mabye be less shields, and make almost all ultimate a form of utility and not I kill you buttons or i save us botton. Now that would be hard, but that would increase individual skill and give some teamwork a chance to stack actual utilities. Basically the only current ult i feel would still exist in a game thats more balanced to accommodate both would be zaryas ult.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2022-04-30 at 06:13 PM.