Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dractier View Post
    I thought we already agreed dragons are dragons and they called them dragons so it’s a done deal
    Do you even know the origin of Warcraft's dragons? Dracthyr literally cannot be dragons within the current lore, because dragons are specifically defined creatures that were created by the Titans and Keepers.

Sure, they can change the lore - but we don't know yet that they have. All you're hanging your hat on is the marketing wording of a new expansion announcement.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    I didn't say they were, I said that drakonids have draconic characteristics and are specifically not dragonsas per the lore. Therefore, simply because dracthyr have draconic characteristics it cannot be used as proof that they are dragons, as was being suggested by the person I responded to.

Dracthyr, dragons, and drakonids are all different creatures.
    The proof that Dracthyrs are dragons is Blizzard devs calling them dragons....

As for lore, the devs control and create the lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The proof that Dracthyrs are dragons is Blizzard devs calling them dragons....

As for lore, the devs control and create the lore.
    That's cool and it's totally not just marketing for the expansion announcement.

We'll see.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account

We'll see.
    Blizzard selling their product to the masses is irrelevant to the fact that Dracthyrs are dragons according to developers of WoW.

We'll see.
    There’s nothing to see though they called them dragons so idk what else there is see

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    Given the Evoker is a spellcaster-oriented class and the Drac'thyr are rather lithe when compared to the Drakonids (the literal shock-troopers of the Dragonflights), I would disagree with you. I don't believe they are necessarily intended to be frontline warriors.

- - - Updated - - -

Well the fact that we know Wrathion doesn't hide the fact that he's a dragon from those he trusts doesn't really have much bearing on the point of this thread, now does it? Chromie doesn't hide the fact that she's a Bronze dragon, yet her visage is that of a regular gnome. Same with Kalecgos and numerous others!

- - - Updated - - -

Soldiers perform clandestine operations quite often, it's part of warfare. The slender build of the Drac'thyr and magical-oriented Evoker class tells a different story than frontline infantry. If they are meant to be a military force, it would stand to reason they have some sort of intelligence/logistics operation that includes subterfuge.

Dragons can do everything Drac'thyr can do but better, yes. Why would that mean they limit the roles of their subordinates? Look at General Drakkisath and Overlord Wyrm'thalak who ran an army for Nefarian, those are two dragonspawn who understood military strategy.
    Clandestine is not the same as infiltration at all though, their lithe build will serve them a lot better than illusion magic in that regard.
    For actual subterfuge the dragons have either done that part themselves or delegated it to actual mortals in the past, so i still see no reason to want to adapt the drac'thyr to that end; expanding capacities just raises costs of production and upkeep.

Not expanding someone's capacities is nit the same as actively limiting something, also don't those two dragonspawn exceptions confirm that their brethren being mundane is the rule?
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    But, i guess players are now into furries, and Blizzard is supplying the demands in that regard:
    Considering trolls have fur I can't say I agree with you. Also considering some 30 years have passed since the first game came out I'm surprised you can't seem to understand how things could have changed.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

3+ Year Old Account
    Is this thread full of people who don't understand what "dragonkin" means or what?

Dragonspawn, Drakonids and now Drac'thyr are dragonkin. They are OBVIOUSLY not the same as the dragons that lead the Dragonflights. You guys need to cut it out with this idiotic semantical argument because it has nothing to do with any productive discussion regarding the expansion whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Not every dragon is trying to infiltrate the mortal races and destroy them from within. That's why Lady Prestor was in full disguise, she was trying to blend in and destroy the alliance.
    Of course.
    But, that's clearly not to make mortal races comfortable with your looks. It's meant for those dressing up in conventions.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    If you think cat girls are furry then you haven't been on the internet very long. The only thing that you can argue is furry (scalie in this case) is the drackthyr combat form.
    That's more like a race than a cosplayer. Though, it also seems like an animated TV show character.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    You have read the story and lore about claiming your visage as a dragon? You make your own choice of how you wish to look like a full-on dragon, the playable race is not full-on dragons, they are hybrids. Dragon-humanoid creations by another dragon in an attempt to harness all the other Dragonflights into one, small creation, a tool.
    Yes, but still. They intentionally made them look like Choachella goers or something.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Considering trolls have fur I can't say I agree with you. Also considering some 30 years have passed since the first game came out I'm surprised you can't seem to understand how things could have changed.
    They have. I'm just dreading the implications of it going forward.
    Instead of Ogres and Vrykul, you'd get hamster humanoids for maximum cuteness.