Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Features ideas to WoW future

    Hello guys!
    I made this thread with an idea to centralize the sharing of feature ideas for the future of WoW so that the good ones resonate in the community, just as Player Housing today is a very resonant idea in the community, and hope that will eventually be heard by the Devs.
    Yes, it may be a little hopium or copium, but my idea here is, instead of complaining, we try to brainstorm and do our part as a community.
    Please feel free to improve my ideas and also explain why you like them or not.
    Please post your little-known ideas too and let's make this thread a healthy brainstorming environment!

    * obs.: Sorry about my english, no my main lenguage

    My ideas:

    Refoging as a Profession's Feature
    Reforging was an excellent resource in itemization (in addition to a useful in-game gold dump). An itemization feature that many players miss when upgrading their gear.
    So why not turn this resource into a profession skill?
    It makes sense for the Mage to take the robe to the tailor for adjustments, and for the warrior to adjust his weapons and armor at the blacksmith.
    In addition to being an interesting feature, which could be used on the Craft table, it manages the economy and interaction between the base player and improves the itemization process.
    Items like Staves could be "reforged" by incriptioneers.
    Crossbows, guns and bows could be "reforged" by Engineers.
    Rings and trinkets by jewelers and so on.

    "Path of the Races" System
    Imagine that the character could contribute to their own culture. Not doing quests or farming reputation, but returning artifacts, recovering fragments of history and bringing back items of interest, or even objects/items that can help your people's future.
    Night elves finding a lost artifact of Elune or retrieving a glaive from a Sentinel lost during Deathwing's Assault in cataclysm.
    Nightborn finding a recipe to improve your mana wines or a nightborn artifact lost during Sundering.
    Imagine that returning this to your culture gave you a specific currency, in which you could buy items exclusive to your race.
    Things like :
    - Race-exclusive customizable mounts
    - Customizations for this mount
    - Heritage Weapons
    - Heritage armor
    - Race Toys e pets
    - new Race dances
    The great thing about this idea is that this system could be continually updated, exp after exp.

    Path of the Class
    Same idea as the Path of Races, but even better.
    Imagine that mages could see and retrieve lost tomes and grimoires from the world and return to Kirin-Tor's library.
    Imagine Warlock imprisoning demons and catching soulshards with specific souls lost in the world.
    Rogue pick-pocketing specific characters to obtain stolen or valuable items.
    Warrior collecting weapons, shields, war banners from forgotten combats as war memorabilia.
    Items lost in different scenarios that each individual class could collect to return to their Classhall in exchange for a Class currency to buy:
    - class-exclusive customizable mounts
    - Customizations for this mount
    - Class weapons
    - Class armor
    - Toys and pets
    - Glyph for Spell (like Fel fire to warlocks)
    - Skins for Druid forms,
    - Skins for Shamans Ghost Wolf, Elementals form, totems
    - Skins for Warlock's demons
    - Skins for Mage's polymorph
    - Skins for paladin Divine Steed

    Food and "Well Feed"
    My suggestion here is to bring more fantasy to the idea of ​​eating.
    For my part, eating a a feast before each boss pull sounds silly.
    My idea would be simple: "Well feed" would last 24 hours, but it would have different types of food.
    The "Well feed" buff with bonus attributes comes from expensive foods, kinda like feasts, making the player eat these foods to be prepared to the days that he will have his raid, his m+ group or his pvp. And nothing prevents him from eating this food every day, except the cost (which, in this system, should be higher)
    Cheap and simple foods would give a "well feed" with useful effects for everyday life.
    Like having a specific food that Rested for lvling players or increasing the character's focus making him find more gold or something.
    Or even minor stat buffs. The cool thing would be this fantasy of your character eating daily, getting ready for the different activities of the day, and if done right it would make the food and cooking market more interesting, in my opinion, of course.

  2. #2
    I think these are all great ideas! I would like to see them add on to Guild Perks, similar to how a % of looted gold would go straight to the guild bank for example

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottPilgrim View Post
    I think these are all great ideas! I would like to see them add on to Guild Perks, similar to how a % of looted gold would go straight to the guild bank for example
    Thanks!
    Guild Perks are always a good ideia.

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Interesting ideas.

    I posted about a concept myself not long ago https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...dventure-Tombs that I think would fit in very well.

    Its a long post though so here's a TLDR:

    I want to make archaeology more interesting by adding puzzle-minigames to artifact-solves similar to those attached to world quests.

    In addition to that I think they could add a dungeon crawler/choose-your-own-adventure concept that takes the tech from Torghast & combines it with puzzles, player-choice & story elements.
    Basically a replayable 1-3 man scenario where you choose how to get from A to B, & having it tied only to cosmetic rewards, aka no player power involved.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffer View Post
    Interesting ideas.

    I posted about a concept myself not long ago https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...dventure-Tombs that I think would fit in very well.

    Its a long post though so here's a TLDR:

    I want to make archaeology more interesting by adding puzzle-minigames to artifact-solves similar to those attached to world quests.

    In addition to that I think they could add a dungeon crawler/choose-your-own-adventure concept that takes the tech from Torghast & combines it with puzzles, player-choice & story elements.
    Basically a replayable 1-3 man scenario where you choose how to get from A to B, & having it tied only to cosmetic rewards, aka no player power involved.
    Adventure Tombs are a amazing idea!

  7. #7
    See my sig.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    See my sig.
    The Idea of a helper lvl sounds really cool.

  9. #9
    High Overlord thsevecha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Monkey Island
    Posts
    192
    I really like these ideas! I hope Blizzard read this.

  10. #10
    The two ideas on my signature:


    Player Created Quest:

    What if players can create their own objectives ingame and be rewarded for it? Goals like, ogre hater, orc hater, night elf hater, pirate hater, wolf hunter, bear hunter, Rare hunter (all of those involve killing as much of those as you can), Killing people who kill animals, collect items, band aiding injured players, etc.

    Then players get rewarded by something like adventure points that you can exchange for gold, gear, or cosmetics. Cosmetics like, hats, beanies, bandanas, wolf head helmets, tabards, etc.

    The reward is balanced based on how hard the task is. Like killing elites gives more points than killing critters. Then there will be diminishing rewards depending on how much you’ve done for the day. Also there is a limit on how much you can farm per zone so you get to explore the world. Also you could prolly lfg with other people doing.


    Faction Wide Objectives:

    What if there were faction goals/objective like in Heroes of the storm in World of Warcraft that players can work towards so everyone in their faction can get a reward?

    Example 1: Capturing ppv objectives like the Hellfire Fortifications gives your faction points. When your faction gets enough points from capturing world objectives your faction gets Gold and Honor rewards and also a statue and celebratory props in Thrallmar/Honorhold to show your progress/victory. Other zones that can have similar objectives: Southern Barrens, Twillight Highlands, Swamps of sorrows, Jade forest, Grizzily Hills.

    Example 2: There is an NPC in Stormwind/Orgrimmar who farms random items that changes every week. These items are usually grey vendor items. Players have to farm these items everyweek and turn it in to this NPC. When your faction completes the goal your faction gets gold and profession items.

    Example 3: There is a farm in Tirisfal glades. If you turn in enough objective points that you get from caputuring world objectives in the zone, the crops will grow and players can loot food.

    Disclaimer: Points needed to win adjust to the amount of players in both sides. Say if there is 100 Alliance and 200 Horde, alliance only need 40 points and Horde 100.
    The goal is to create content around both community and making impact in the world.
    I think players can make an impact and get rewards without there being a winner and a loser. So both faction has a threshold to reach a reward regardless of the other faction.

    Here are a few more faction goals ideas:
    -Trade route: Capture a road that gives your faction resources/points overtime from traders and resource carts passing by. Crates of goods accumlate and Players can get a share of the resources.

    -Finding random artifacts/treasure gives your faction points that will add treasures to your factions treasury and give your faction gold and some buffs ones the threshold is reached.

    -Global War: fighting and killing each other and enemy npcs gives points to players of your faction in specific zones. The players can invest their points to specific zones they choose withrewards like town defenses like turrets and cannons, and offensive rewards like usable seige vehicles assaulting soldier npcs in the zone. The defense and the offense will keep the war going. Reward also involves honor and gold.

    -Going over enemy Treasurys/Storehouse found in cities and stealing the treasure there. The reward is honor/gold and armor loot. If you kill enemy faction trying to steal the treasure you and your allies will be rewarded with gold/buffs/loot and also increases the fortification on your treasury like usable turrets and cannons to make killing people trying to steal from your treasury easier.

    -Missings person in wow. Go on a man hunt all over azeroth’s nook and cranny to find specific NPCs. Faction who finds them will be rewarded.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by orukam View Post
    My ideas:

    "Path of the Races" System


    Path of the Class


    Food and "Well Feed"
    i like your paths ideas. there are some overlaps with my ideas. I like the idea of long lasting well feed buff aswell.
    Last edited by Sauredfangs; 2022-04-27 at 08:22 PM.
    Ideas:
    People created quest
    Faction Wide Objectives
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauredfangs View Post
    The two ideas on my signature:


    Player Created Quest:

    What if players can create their own objectives ingame and be rewarded for it? Goals like, ogre hater, orc hater, night elf hater, pirate hater, wolf hunter, bear hunter, Rare hunter (all of those involve killing as much of those as you can), Killing people who kill animals, collect items, band aiding injured players, etc.

    Then players get rewarded by something like adventure points that you can exchange for gold, gear, or cosmetics. Cosmetics like, hats, beanies, bandanas, wolf head helmets, tabards, etc.

    The reward is balanced based on how hard the task is. Like killing elites gives more points than killing critters. Then there will be diminishing rewards depending on how much you’ve done for the day. Also there is a limit on how much you can farm per zone so you get to explore the world. Also you could prolly lfg with other people doing.


    Faction Wide Objectives:

    What if there were faction goals/objective like in Heroes of the storm in World of Warcraft that players can work towards so everyone in their faction can get a reward?

    Example 1: Capturing ppv objectives like the Hellfire Fortifications gives your faction points. When your faction gets enough points from capturing world objectives your faction gets Gold and Honor rewards and also a statue and celebratory props in Thrallmar/Honorhold to show your progress/victory. Other zones that can have similar objectives: Southern Barrens, Twillight Highlands, Swamps of sorrows, Jade forest, Grizzily Hills.

    Example 2: There is an NPC in Stormwind/Orgrimmar who farms random items that changes every week. These items are usually grey vendor items. Players have to farm these items everyweek and turn it in to this NPC. When your faction completes the goal your faction gets gold and profession items.

    Example 3: There is a farm in Tirisfal glades. If you turn in enough objective points that you get from caputuring world objectives in the zone, the crops will grow and players can loot food.

    Disclaimer: Points needed to win adjust to the amount of players in both sides. Say if there is 100 Alliance and 200 Horde, alliance only need 40 points and Horde 100.
    The goal is to create content around both community and making impact in the world.
    I think players can make an impact and get rewards without there being a winner and a loser. So both faction has a threshold to reach a reward regardless of the other faction.

    Here are a few more faction goals ideas:
    -Trade route: Capture a road that gives your faction resources/points overtime from traders and resource carts passing by. Crates of goods accumlate and Players can get a share of the resources.

    -Finding random artifacts/treasure gives your faction points that will add treasures to your factions treasury and give your faction gold and some buffs ones the threshold is reached.

    -Global War: fighting and killing each other and enemy npcs gives points to players of your faction in specific zones. The players can invest their points to specific zones they choose withrewards like town defenses like turrets and cannons, and offensive rewards like usable seige vehicles assaulting soldier npcs in the zone. The defense and the offense will keep the war going. Reward also involves honor and gold.

    -Going over enemy Treasurys/Storehouse found in cities and stealing the treasure there. The reward is honor/gold and armor loot. If you kill enemy faction trying to steal the treasure you and your allies will be rewarded with gold/buffs/loot and also increases the fortification on your treasury like usable turrets and cannons to make killing people trying to steal from your treasury easier.

    -Missings person in wow. Go on a man hunt all over azeroth’s nook and cranny to find specific NPCs. Faction who finds them will be rewarded.
    I support it.

  12. #12
    Make mythic raiding cross realm would be my ask... the only server identities left are RP server, dead servers and mega servers.

    I would love that last bandaid torn off.

  13. #13
    Reforging was dumb and I hope it never comes back.
    All the others seem completely optional so im indifferent

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottPilgrim View Post
    I think these are all great ideas! I would like to see them add on to Guild Perks, similar to how a % of looted gold would go straight to the guild bank for example
    They took that away because of abuse. So no, it's not going to come back.

    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Reforging was dumb and I hope it never comes back.
    All the others seem completely optional so im indifferent
    It's not. Because it'll be just like it was before... we'll all be running an addon that will automatically optimize it with a simple click and zero engagement. It's sole purpose was to change excess Hit/Expertise into usable stats. Hit/Expertise are gone so it serves no purpose now.

  15. #15
    The 2 paths seems like it could be covered by archeology and will also be a better direction for it.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    They took that away because of abuse. So no, it's not going to come back.



    It's not. Because it'll be just like it was before... we'll all be running an addon that will automatically optimize it with a simple click and zero engagement. It's sole purpose was to change excess Hit/Expertise into usable stats. Hit/Expertise are gone so it serves no purpose now.
    I think u misunderstood me. Im saying reforging is dumb. The others are optional, but reforging wldnt be. Would be just another stupid thing to have to do before u equip ur piece

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I think u misunderstood me. Im saying reforging is dumb. The others are optional, but reforging wldnt be. Would be just another stupid thing to have to do before u equip ur piece
    I was agreeing with you. You said you hoped it won't come back, and I was assuring you it won't and why.

  18. #18
    Spam Assassin! MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tralfamadore
    Posts
    32,113
    Base building which could eventually incorporate housing and garden building games. Most of the basic assets are done. I'm not saying they should start with reviving garrisons but strip that down to its essentials and then do a good base-building game with art assets for different races on top of it. Rewards would be within the base building game itself to improve the base (much like other base building games).
    Most people judge because thinking is hard.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Base building which could eventually incorporate housing and garden building games. Most of the basic assets are done. I'm not saying they should start with reviving garrisons but strip that down to its essentials and then do a good base-building game with art assets for different races on top of it. Rewards would be within the base building game itself to improve the base (much like other base building games).
    Why stop at houses, I think they should go full-blown custom world editing. Players get instanced, persistent, pocket dimensions that are infinitely customizable, where they can turn on 'GM Mode' (robes and all) using an in-game Unity-style World Editor.

    You start with any in-game location (a zone, dungeon, etc) as it appears in the game, and players should be able to add:
    - 3D objects from the game. Everything from buildings to flora to furniture.
    - NPCs, with the ability to customize their behaviour (level, strength, hostility, abilities). Maybe even full-blown custom NPCs.
    - PvP objectives (flags, capture points, etc) that would enable PvP features.

    You could create a personal house, anywhere you want, even a town for your whole guild. You could turn that guild town into a raid, with bosses and trash mobs, that are hostile to non-guildies. You could turn Gruul's Lair into an underground city that also has PvP capture objectives.

    All of these could be accessible from some in-game portal that lets you browse for custom content of different types, you could categorize your space as housing, a dungeon, a zone, a raid, a battleground, a dueling arena, a parkour course, an RP area, you name it. An area could be private, public, password protected, available as individualized solo instances, or one where everyone is together, or bound to PvP matchmaking.

    Infinite content!

  20. #20
    You presented really cool ideas!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •