Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    There were none of those systems in Vanilla/Wrath or BC.

I thought the legendary system in MOP was the best iteration, and even then I would have preferred without it or if it was account wide.
    Chronomancer Club

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    We will have no legendaries. No "expansion system" like Islands/Thorghast/Warfronts.

Is really having some work done on talents and professions a good excuse for this?

At 70, what are we farming outside of new mount customizations?

At least they tried making something new and fun in the past few expansions. This expansion, we get nothing.

Let me paint a picture of this expansions endgame. You have some reputations to farm to get some toys/transmogs. Then you have some world quests. Outside of this, you're supposed to want to do M+/Raiding/3v3 arenas. Don't like that? Too bad, they spent all their focus to make the ugly dragon race and the talent system you already decided on when you looked up the best spec on Icy-veins in the prepatch before the expansion released.
    I am 100% positive myself they will add in things like the mage tower again for updated skins during patches. Blizzard really likes to re use old content, so im sure your going to see more timewalking raids for new mounts and skins, your gonna prolly see updated island expeditions for skins and mounts, etc etc. To me this shit sucks, but for whatever reason, the community seems to like re skinned content with a reskinned mount reward. i dont get it, but thats gonna come in the next xpac as well

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    well you are coming out of SL. most failed expasnion ever which already limited content for causal playerbase and only catering to top 5% so what exackly do you expect ? they dont even bother with releasing 8 new dungeons in m+ only they are rehashing old dungeons.

so most likely yes. if you dont like pushing m+ and raids your only choice is ignoring wow and sticking to playing FF14.

tbh i strongly think that in 1.5 years when 10.0 will launch a lot of people wont return to wow only will stick to FF14. and they may come back for month or 2 when all the timegates are gone.

in my eyes 10.0 is the expansion switching game to maitnance mode. they decided its time to end wow for good.

- - - Updated - - -

i wonder where you people see those grinds honestly .

and i say it from persepctive of person who this tier is doing literaly 1 dungeon a week on 12 alts and most of them are already doing 13-15 because last tier they were just doing 15s. (only reason they are not all doing 15s now is because depletion of keys exist and you cannot realisticaly farm up high score with 1 dungeon a week - yet tryhards dont have problem with score in game - which is 100 times more grindy then anything this expansion )

the most grindy part i had this tier was doing zm 12 times for belts. but since i work from home i did it like 30 minutes a day over a month time during work

same in legion and bfa i farmed nothing and had no problem to m+ on all alts.
    I play both games. Decade long wow players will not like FF14 or stick to it for too long. Quoting anything from aesthetics, to a difference in the GCD, to not being able to complete a RPG story, some people are conditioned to only like 1 thing. This is reverse true to long time FF14 players

I did not like FF14 at all, until I quit all MMOs for a year. Gave it a try again with a fresh mind and I then thought of it as a much better game. What will likely happen is that 10.0 will release as a massive success, followed up a sharp decline to 1/3 of its original playerbase within a few months.
    Chronomancer Club

Quote Originally Posted by puddypounce View Post
    Obvious troll post because no one in their right mind enjoyed doing islands.
    i did. so stop speaking for everyone.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Horrific Visions were interesting, but needlessly stressful and grindy. Worst of all, they were mandatory for player power which should never be the case.

Torghast was a novel idea, but imo it was too disconnected from logical combat design (by empowering parts of your rotation or utility which made your core combat design all wonky or boring). Like visions, its biggest failure is being mandatory for legendaries.

My fav version of instanced solo content were mage tower and the MoP warlock green fire questchain. Optional and cosmetic. In a similar vein, i think its more important to have cool outdoors which give you fun (not mandatory) incentives to fight elites with fun and dangerous mechanics;

Pandaria's Timeless Isle, and Thundering Isle as well as Warlord's 1-100% apexis zones did those best, in my eyes.

I preferred the first iteration of legendary items. When they actually felt legendary and not everyone got them. I even enjoyed the hard quests, though they were no good if you were in a guild and didn't get to be the first one to get it.

I would be fine without borrowed power systems. Warfronts were hardly ever updated after they announced them. Certainly didn't get the attention they said they were going to get. Islands were also pretty bland in BFA. Im fine with none of those.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by The Vindicator View Post
    Less content that's actually fun and rewarding > More content thats unfun

Technically having to run maw of souls 300+ times was lots of content, but it wasn't fun

Having to grind islands all day was content, who actually was excited
    No, that means less content that is fun.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Removing legendaries is part of removing borrowed power. It's hard to leave them in and still be able to tell the playerbase borrowed power won't be present in DF.

Plus, it's still too early to gauge DF as a whole, and I'm optimistic that they will instead focus on creating engaging story/dungeon content (and possibly more Mage Tower-like scenarios!) opposed to slogging through forced daily grinds to increase temporary systems.

We will have no legendaries. No "expansion system" like Islands/Thorghast/Warfronts.

Is really having some work done on talents and professions a good excuse for this?

At least they tried making something new and fun in the past few expansions. This expansion, we get nothing.

Let me paint a picture of this expansions endgame. You have some reputations to farm to get some toys/transmogs. Then you have some world quests. Outside of this, you're supposed to want to do M+/Raiding/3v3 arenas. Don't like that? Too bad, they spent all their focus to make the ugly dragon race and the talent system you already decided on when you looked up the best spec on Icy-veins in the prepatch before the expansion released.
    They experimented, it went wrong, the system was ditched.
    Frankly they should have just made the roguelike/solo experience a fully respectable progression path for gear.
    Barring proper integration into the gameplay systems it has no reason to exist, in that sense i agree with them. But is indeed the somanieth wasted system, and one that i am sad to see go; visions of N'zoth were by far the superior implementation, sadly, but a fun one.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

I wouldn't mind scenarios coming back, those were fun and story driven.

Or maybe like a Bronze Flight challenge where you can go one on one with dungeon bosses you've beaten in the past. Think brawlers guild meets torghats.

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    I play both games. Decade long wow players will not like FF14 or stick to it for too long. Quoting anything from aesthetics, to a difference in the GCD, to not being able to complete a RPG story, some people are conditioned to only like 1 thing. This is reverse true to long time FF14 players

I did not like FF14 at all, until I quit all MMOs for a year. Gave it a try again with a fresh mind and I then thought of it as a much better game. What will likely happen is that 10.0 will release as a massive success, followed up a sharp decline to 1/3 of its original playerbase within a few months.
    Thats funny cause i met plenty of ex-long wow player xiv. Lots of dem quit during WoD-Legion
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Thats funny cause i met plenty of ex-long wow player xiv. Lots of dem quit during WoD-Legion
    A lot of ex-wow players exist.
    Chronomancer Club

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Not all that surprising given the crap-tons of shit that have been dumped on "systems" generally in Warcraft. All of those listed have come in for their share. So, out they go.

Whether or not there will be new stuff announced remains to be seen. It's still pretty early. At this point it's simple to say what's not going go forward. They can and frankly should play their cards close to the vest on new stuff that's still in development lest it be considered as "promises."
    I personally suspect they will just build upon the new talent tree and in the future have some "mega special unlock grind scenario, slightly outside but still inside the tree thingy", equivalent to today's legendaries or esque to tier set bonuses. And instead of outright "removing" it, they will "Prune" the talent tree going forward into expansions and call it "too avoid bloating"...
    That or they will make us grind "empowered talents" making them give some boring 1% bonus to the talent or whatever arbitrary number they come up with. I'm just 100% it will be some grind of similar sorts we've seen in the past.
    Thats just me being a cynical pessimist though....

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Not all that surprising given the crap-tons of shit that have been dumped on "systems" generally in Warcraft. All of those listed have come in for their share. So, out they go.

Whether or not there will be new stuff announced remains to be seen. It's still pretty early. At this point it's simple to say what's not going go forward. They can and frankly should play their cards close to the vest on new stuff that's still in development lest it be considered as "promises."
    No kidding. I'm still salty over the loss of the announced post-max level endgame character progression of the Path of Titans we would have for Cataclysm... which ended up being mostly scrapped and left us with just the archaeology profession and the lackluster glyph system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

Thorgast wasn't all bad, but they need to make solo play viable. That's their big problem with these systems from my perspective. Island expeditions was the same, but they were easier to group up for and didnt take 20 hours

I don't need some system to keep logging in. I want to raid and do mythic plus and dick around out side of those. It will allow me to play other games. If wow can respect my time I would love that.

Can't make everyone happy...a lot of people dislike these systems, I personally haven't liked how they managed legendaries for a while now.

So far that is all I have seen advertised for endgame content. Which has been really discouraging.

Blizzard claim they listen yet.. I have requested for years for a new big PVP map. Wintergrasp or Ashran for example. I remember grinding out reputation in Ashran (it had some rewards at the end. Mounts etc.) and actually having fun doing it. It did not feel like a slog that is just me tho. I know some people didn't enjoy it much.. but lets be real a lot did. As they participated in it..

Other players have mentioned playerhousing for years. Which I have been supportive of that too. As both represent the same thing.. which is endgame content. So to me I feel like they are demonstrating the opposite that they don't listen. When they turn around and tell us we will not do either. Which again is discouraging.

I enjoyed Warfronts btw, I did them all expansion long and told them numerous times. That was a big activity with many players. (Loved it and farming with rare groups after for rewards) As for Thorghast I never got around to playing it much. I didn't want to burn myself out.. I kept bugging for a real incentives, they added a handful of things? No where on the level that island expeditions had. I did end up participating in Island expeditions when they made the tweaks for adding a currency. (three man was not enticing to me)

We can try and hold out on some hope they might actually be adding something for endgame content instead of customizing one mount. I have a bad feeling starting to happen already tho. I was trying to be positive and mention early production vibes but... the more interviews we hear the more they are telling us what they are NOT doing. Instead of what THEY ARE doing. People will find out in the coming months if some actual money and time is there or not. Instead of talking about UI or professions like it is a central selling point...? Discouraging. Hope to see they will be offering more in a couple of months...
    Last edited by Kixxenn; 2022-04-30 at 05:15 AM.

TBH they could go the Mage Tower route and make Island Expeditions and Torghast evergreen content.

They could put on more old unattainable sets on the Island Expeditions, and maybe classless tier sets on Torghast.

personally im going to be grinding professions and reps

oh no we dont have torghast the system where we ran it twice a week
    we dont have legendaries that we need to plan gear around...THE HORROR

joking aside im assuming they are going to bring in something later