Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    We will have no legendaries. No "expansion system" like Islands/Thorghast/Warfronts.

Is really having some work done on talents and professions a good excuse for this?

At 70, what are we farming outside of new mount customizations?

At least they tried making something new and fun in the past few expansions. This expansion, we get nothing.

Let me paint a picture of this expansions endgame. You have some reputations to farm to get some toys/transmogs. Then you have some world quests. Outside of this, you're supposed to want to do M+/Raiding/3v3 arenas. Don't like that? Too bad, they spent all their focus to make the ugly dragon race and the talent system you already decided on when you looked up the best spec on Icy-veins in the prepatch before the expansion released.
    They experimented, it went wrong, the system was ditched.
    Frankly they should have just made the roguelike/solo experience a fully respectable progression path for gear.
    Barring proper integration into the gameplay systems it has no reason to exist, in that sense i agree with them. But is indeed the somanieth wasted system, and one that i am sad to see go; visions of N'zoth were by far the superior implementation, sadly, but a fun one.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

I wouldn't mind scenarios coming back, those were fun and story driven.

Or maybe like a Bronze Flight challenge where you can go one on one with dungeon bosses you've beaten in the past. Think brawlers guild meets torghats.

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    I play both games. Decade long wow players will not like FF14 or stick to it for too long. Quoting anything from aesthetics, to a difference in the GCD, to not being able to complete a RPG story, some people are conditioned to only like 1 thing. This is reverse true to long time FF14 players

I did not like FF14 at all, until I quit all MMOs for a year. Gave it a try again with a fresh mind and I then thought of it as a much better game. What will likely happen is that 10.0 will release as a massive success, followed up a sharp decline to 1/3 of its original playerbase within a few months.
    Thats funny cause i met plenty of ex-long wow player xiv. Lots of dem quit during WoD-Legion
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Thats funny cause i met plenty of ex-long wow player xiv. Lots of dem quit during WoD-Legion
    A lot of ex-wow players exist.
    Chronomancer Club

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Not all that surprising given the crap-tons of shit that have been dumped on "systems" generally in Warcraft. All of those listed have come in for their share. So, out they go.

Whether or not there will be new stuff announced remains to be seen. It's still pretty early. At this point it's simple to say what's not going go forward. They can and frankly should play their cards close to the vest on new stuff that's still in development lest it be considered as "promises."
    I personally suspect they will just build upon the new talent tree and in the future have some "mega special unlock grind scenario, slightly outside but still inside the tree thingy", equivalent to today's legendaries or esque to tier set bonuses. And instead of outright "removing" it, they will "Prune" the talent tree going forward into expansions and call it "too avoid bloating"...
    That or they will make us grind "empowered talents" making them give some boring 1% bonus to the talent or whatever arbitrary number they come up with. I'm just 100% it will be some grind of similar sorts we've seen in the past.
    Thats just me being a cynical pessimist though....

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Not all that surprising given the crap-tons of shit that have been dumped on "systems" generally in Warcraft. All of those listed have come in for their share. So, out they go.

Whether or not there will be new stuff announced remains to be seen. It's still pretty early. At this point it's simple to say what's not going go forward. They can and frankly should play their cards close to the vest on new stuff that's still in development lest it be considered as "promises."
    No kidding. I'm still salty over the loss of the announced post-max level endgame character progression of the Path of Titans we would have for Cataclysm... which ended up being mostly scrapped and left us with just the archaeology profession and the lackluster glyph system.

We will have no legendaries. No "expansion system" like Islands/Thorghast/Warfronts.

Is really having some work done on talents and professions a good excuse for this?

At least they tried making something new and fun in the past few expansions. This expansion, we get nothing.

Let me paint a picture of this expansions endgame. You have some reputations to farm to get some toys/transmogs. Then you have some world quests. Outside of this, you're supposed to want to do M+/Raiding/3v3 arenas. Don't like that? Too bad, they spent all their focus to make the ugly dragon race and the talent system you already decided on when you looked up the best spec on Icy-veins in the prepatch before the expansion released.
    Thorgast wasn't all bad, but they need to make solo play viable. That's their big problem with these systems from my perspective. Island expeditions was the same, but they were easier to group up for and didnt take 20 hours

I don't need some system to keep logging in. I want to raid and do mythic plus and dick around out side of those. It will allow me to play other games. If wow can respect my time I would love that.

10+ Year Old Account

Can't make everyone happy...a lot of people dislike these systems, I personally haven't liked how they managed legendaries for a while now.

So far that is all I have seen advertised for endgame content. Which has been really discouraging.

Blizzard claim they listen yet.. I have requested for years for a new big PVP map. Wintergrasp or Ashran for example. I remember grinding out reputation in Ashran (it had some rewards at the end. Mounts etc.) and actually having fun doing it. It did not feel like a slog that is just me tho. I know some people didn't enjoy it much.. but lets be real a lot did. As they participated in it..

Other players have mentioned playerhousing for years. Which I have been supportive of that too. As both represent the same thing.. which is endgame content. So to me I feel like they are demonstrating the opposite that they don't listen. When they turn around and tell us we will not do either. Which again is discouraging.

I enjoyed Warfronts btw, I did them all expansion long and told them numerous times. That was a big activity with many players. (Loved it and farming with rare groups after for rewards) As for Thorghast I never got around to playing it much. I didn't want to burn myself out.. I kept bugging for a real incentives, they added a handful of things? No where on the level that island expeditions had. I did end up participating in Island expeditions when they made the tweaks for adding a currency. (three man was not enticing to me)

We can try and hold out on some hope they might actually be adding something for endgame content instead of customizing one mount. I have a bad feeling starting to happen already tho. I was trying to be positive and mention early production vibes but... the more interviews we hear the more they are telling us what they are NOT doing. Instead of what THEY ARE doing. People will find out in the coming months if some actual money and time is there or not. Instead of talking about UI or professions like it is a central selling point...? Discouraging. Hope to see they will be offering more in a couple of months...
    Last edited by Icelin; 2022-04-30 at 05:15 AM.

TBH they could go the Mage Tower route and make Island Expeditions and Torghast evergreen content.

They could put on more old unattainable sets on the Island Expeditions, and maybe classless tier sets on Torghast.

personally im going to be grinding professions and reps

oh no we dont have torghast the system where we ran it twice a week
    we dont have legendaries that we need to plan gear around...THE HORROR

joking aside im assuming they are going to bring in something later

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    A lot of ex-wow players exist.
    And only a very small fraction plays FFXIV, if for no other reason that the active FFXIV playerbase is smaller than the group of ex-WoW players by at least one order of magnitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    On one hand; I get your point and agree with you. But..! On the other hand, no one liked Warfronts (besides me it seems), no one liked Island Expeditions until half-way through BFA and no one liked Torghast until half-way through, and the legendary system didn't seem to have that many fans either. So since all of these seems to be considered failures, it's obvious that Blizzard are thinking "Screw it, back to basic gameplay then!".
    I never had a single issue with Warfronts, I know some people would prefer to have them in PvP but I don't think the issue was just "oh players didn't like it" because they had plans to do more Warfronts in later patches (based off of datamining) and some of them were plans for Warfronts in the Barrens, Eversong Forest... The big issue with making a Warfront is the fact that they'd have to update an old zone as aa result to match. Between this, Island expeditions, Nazjatar, Mechagon, N'zoth, along with the war campaign that has unnecessarily fully animated CG cinematics that could've been done with just in-game cutscenes... There wasn't much of time or budget to keep it going.

Island Expeditions, the issue with that one was how short they felt. Normal it would be done in 5 minutes at most while in Mythic it could take about 15 minutes.. and the PvP aspect is really more of a race to pull everything and kill large groups before everyone else. Though it isn't like they stopped after that point since they added more maps and what not in 9.1 (or was it 9.2) Though the rewards were nice especially the reputation weekly and the extra stuff like pets and mounts and transmog.

Torghast, on the other hand, had a lot going for it, but the rewards just didn't feel worth it in my eyes. All you get is Soul Ashes and sometimes a legendary depending on which route you took but that was it. A large part of it is to do with the whole aesthetic of the place, it was cool and intimidating at the start of the expansion, but we've gotten so used to it by now that it gets watered down. At least with Horrific Visions, Warfronts, and Island Expeditions there was a vendor that you could buy additional mounts and other stuff... Torghast doesn't have that outside of Ve'nari selling you buffs (but all that is from doing stuff in the Maw, not Torghast)

Ur saying it will be a solo system in Dragonflight but is there ANY evidence for this in any interviews from the Blizzard employees?

I think they still don't know how to make the non-raider/3v3er/M+er enjoy Dragonflight.

I'm a little sad every time they abandon a concept instead of making it better. I'd like to see these things, or iterations of similar concepts, kept around.

Really curious to see what they do with professions.

Oh no. No box features like the ones that didn’t really live up. What is the marketing team gonna do?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Void Priest View Post
    I'm a little sad every time they abandon a concept instead of making it better. I'd like to see these things, or iterations of similar concepts, kept around.

Really curious to see what they do with professions.
    Most concepts are doomed from the start... as for professions they are just going to make them take a bunch of time to make more then one item to try and encourage trade.

yep its worth it, its worth to have functional classes again, a talent tree that isnt DOA and not having to grind all kinds of horrible and unbalanced system (corruption grind anyone?). I for once looking forward to actually be able to play alts aswell for once and you know, play when i want instead of being forced 24/7 to play beacuse otherwise ill fall behind or will struggle alot. i dont want to have to wait almost a full expansion for them to fix things that should been at the release. But then again im a oldschool player, i liked how it was in wrath/cata/mop days, simple times where the only borrowed power i needed to worry about was tier sets. yes i know mop had the legendary back (which they removed for some wierd reason). overall those expansions i could play at my own leisure and play alts without wanting to claw my eyes out in frustration.

Repeatable single player/small group finder scenarios is a fun concept. Especially if the rewards are there and if the process of grinding is enjoyable. Case in point, taking the time to grind the 1000 doubloons to get the albatross mount. Islands after they added the vendor was almost perfect. You do the weekly requirement for the bonus, and if you wanted to grind more doubloons you still can. The number of doubloons we got can be tiny and iffy. But it's still an enjoyable time sink. It's a simple concept and simple game play. Just pull the island and kill mobs. Earn coins, buy stuff. Easy dumb fun.

Would really love to have that back again in some form.