Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
... LastLast
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Yea it's my fault that those classes have unique utility and do more damage. I should obviously play a class that isn't wanted in raids just so I have the ability to tank. Also do you actually think tanking 15s requires skill???? It doesn't require non dps gear for any tanking class to tank a 15 outside a weapon and you can get by just fine with a world quest level one. This is beyond dumb that you are actually arguing that class balancing is the fault of players.
    Then put your money where your mouth is and roll a Tank. You have the option, yet here you are making excuses, as if Blizzard giving you a tank spec would ever change that. If you're not assed to go tank now, you aren't really proving to me that anything will change. All you're doing is explaining to me how you don't want to put in the effort to actually do the thing you say you are completely open to doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

  2. #162
    For all those that think we need another tank spec so that we have more tanks, you're missing the problem that tanking is a pretty stressful role to play. As a tank you take the blame when something doesn't go right in dungeons, you have to know routes or people complain/leave, if you don't pull enough packs people complain/leave. Pretty much tanks are constantly in the spotlight.

  3. #163
    Brewmaster Flame6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,416
    The only reason I tried out tanking was because it as an option on my Paladin. Same with my Warrior friend. If our classes didnt have the option, then there's no way we would have slapped on the shield to give it a shot.

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghanir View Post
    You might be right. But Blizz has caved to player-demands before, and they should look for more avenues to try and appease the playerbase if the overall feedback to what they reveal is negative (and even if the feedback is only mixed it means they can do better to try and turn a mixed feedback into an overall positive one).
    I've heard this time and time again. If they give us a new class with two specs, it will stay exactly that way. They resort to these lazy tactics for years now. For sure they're keeping the possibility of a third spec a thing as it gives players something to cling to. But please, let's be real here: it's not going to happen. We should know better.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  5. #165
    High Overlord Ghanir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Shrubbery
    Posts
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I've heard this time and time again. If they give us a new class with two specs, it will stay exactly that way. They resort to these lazy tactics for years now. For sure they're keeping the possibility of a third spec a thing as it gives players something to cling to. But please, let's be real here: it's not going to happen. We should know better.
    Blizzard should know better than to ignore player feedback, esp. on things that are mixed at best. And perhaps they do, which is why we've seen little changes coming through after they've announced something officially. But surely they should realize sooner or later that only trying to appease a minority (and ignoring feedback) won't get them far in the long run, because if they don't then in the end there won't be that many players left.

  6. #166
    Warchief shade3891's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lost Ark
    Posts
    2,155
    Dragoon
    Weapon: Polearm
    Stabbing attacks + sweeping strikes + some dragon magic effects.

    Attack range similar to a frost DK.

  7. #167
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I've heard this time and time again. If they give us a new class with two specs, it will stay exactly that way. They resort to these lazy tactics for years now. For sure they're keeping the possibility of a third spec a thing as it gives players something to cling to. But please, let's be real here: it's not going to happen. We should know better.
    Pretty much. Just like Ion talking about Dracthyrs being other classes in the future. It's all talk.

  8. #168
    Would say if they start adding 3rd spec, Demon Hunter is first in queue before Evoker.

  9. #169
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Would say if they start adding 3rd spec, Demon Hunter is first in queue before Evoker.
    Which is why I wouldn't hold my breath for a DE 3rd spec.

    Hell, Demon Hunters even have a layup of a 3rd spec concept;



    Too easy!

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Would say if they start adding 3rd spec, Demon Hunter is first in queue before Evoker.
    nah man shaman tank spec earthwarden is first up lol

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Oh but a second caster spec for Envoker couldn't possibly be different?

    No it wont...it wont help anything. WoW doesn't need more tanks because there aren't enough tank specs, it needs tanks because not enough people want to tank. Everyone wants to reach those big numbers, maximum deeps...why do you think it's so easy to find 3 dps in group finder but takes 10-20 minutes to find just one tank and one healer?

    Making Envoker a tank wont fix any of that...just like Vengeance didn't fix any of that, Brewmaster and Mistweaver didn't fix any of it
    It's not about "big numbers" it's that tanking is either boring or stressful depending on the content in question.

    I actually used to really love tanking - raids, TBC heroics, Cata heroics, you name it - up until WoD or something when I started getting chewed out every other group for not knowing the latest wall-jump skip that saved you from killing one mob over there in the corner or something.

    Now I just heal and no one even pays attention to me! Good times.

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Pretty much. Just like Ion talking about Dracthyrs being other classes in the future. It's all talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghanir View Post
    Blizzard should know better than to ignore player feedback, esp. on things that are mixed at best. And perhaps they do, which is why we've seen little changes coming through after they've announced something officially. But surely they should realize sooner or later that only trying to appease a minority (and ignoring feedback) won't get them far in the long run, because if they don't then in the end there won't be that many players left.

    It is. If they say "no" there will be outrage. If they say "maybe in the future" but already plan on never doing it, they still haven't officially closed the discussion yet. It's shameful, but I see why they're doing this.

    Demon Hunter with two specs after six years is the best example. And please nobody tell me there is no option for a third spec because it would be too similar. There is.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Wow needs tanks specs that can be non melee in raids outside druids. Yes if warlocks mages etc could tank it would help a lot. People will tank for their weekly and then would played ranged dps in raids.
    Oh, yes.

    The old myth of the ranged tank still going on...
    Mobs run to the tank. If there is a ranged one you take the melees to it for cleave.

    The "ranged" tank just works for one very specific type of raid encounter. If the tank can just dps at range, you just have to throw slows all day and kite the mobs without taking any damage and keeping agro. That is simply OP.

    Ranged tanks will never happen. They cannot happen cause it would break the game and no other tank would be viable.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Dragoon
    Weapon: Polearm
    Stabbing attacks + sweeping strikes + some dragon magic effects.

    Attack range similar to a frost DK.
    Lol import of FF dragoon. I'd take it. It's my main job in FF.

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Don’t see it working.
    They said it won’t be a tank so that only leaves ranged. And we already have a magma/earth based ranged DPS.

    Void corruption would be weird esp with the whole Wrathion/Ebonhorn arc which they’ll probably continue in DF.
    I feel like if there is a 3rd spec it would be in like 10.2 as part of such a story.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    I would image it would go melee. It's weird something that has teeth and claws doesn't have at least one melee spec. Maybe even semi-ranged like Unholy is?
    Claws, maybe, are there any WoW races that don't have teeth?

    Dragons are closer to hawks/eagles than any other IRL comparison. Eagles have "claws" and dive in to rake with them, then swoop out to range. Birds aren't melee fighters.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

  15. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Then put your money where your mouth is and roll a Tank. You have the option, yet here you are making excuses, as if Blizzard giving you a tank spec would ever change that. If you're not assed to go tank now, you aren't really proving to me that anything will change. All you're doing is explaining to me how you don't want to put in the effort to actually do the thing you say you are completely open to doing.
    I love tanking but I play whatever I need to in order to raid at the level I am accustomed to and there are few open tank spots. I only play alts when chores are done on main and given how many there are now I don't play alts much unfortunately.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Oh, yes.

    The old myth of the ranged tank still going on...
    Mobs run to the tank. If there is a ranged one you take the melees to it for cleave.

    The "ranged" tank just works for one very specific type of raid encounter. If the tank can just dps at range, you just have to throw slows all day and kite the mobs without taking any damage and keeping agro. That is simply OP.

    Ranged tanks will never happen. They cannot happen cause it would break the game and no other tank would be viable.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Lol import of FF dragoon. I'd take it. It's my main job in FF.
    Can you try reading the discussion before injecting your opinion. We don't need ranged tanks what need are classes with access to a melee tank spec and a viable ranged DPS spec.

  16. #176
    Warchief shade3891's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lost Ark
    Posts
    2,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Oh, yes.

    The old myth of the ranged tank still going on...
    Mobs run to the tank. If there is a ranged one you take the melees to it for cleave.

    The "ranged" tank just works for one very specific type of raid encounter. If the tank can just dps at range, you just have to throw slows all day and kite the mobs without taking any damage and keeping agro. That is simply OP.

    Ranged tanks will never happen. They cannot happen cause it would break the game and no other tank would be viable.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Lol import of FF dragoon. I'd take it. It's my main job in FF.
    Oh lol didn't know that. I'm playing LostArk - Glaivier in my sparetime and really enjoying that.

  17. #177
    Over 9000! Kithelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere where canon still exists
    Posts
    9,046
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    It's not about "big numbers" it's that tanking is either boring or stressful depending on the content in question.

    I actually used to really love tanking - raids, TBC heroics, Cata heroics, you name it - up until WoD or something when I started getting chewed out every other group for not knowing the latest wall-jump skip that saved you from killing one mob over there in the corner or something.

    Now I just heal and no one even pays attention to me! Good times.
    It's not a big deal which it is, adding more tank specs wont add more tanks to the pool...the only time we saw much of a boom was back when they added DK...and that was because how totally flexible DK was back then
    #WithoutRespectWeReject

  18. #178
    DPS to heal mechanic!
    Like it was in warhammer online

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Something like Demonology Warlock spec from WoD? Like you're in standard Dracthyr form, and when you go into "heat up" mode you turn into a more beastial draconic form (something like the Wrathion art in the OP with magma dripping everywhere) and fight in melee?

    That would be pretty cool.
    That's awesome and makes sense.

  20. #180
    High Overlord Ghanir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Shrubbery
    Posts
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    DPS to heal mechanic!
    Like it was in warhammer online
    Isn't that something both the MW Monk and the Holy Pala can do? At least they used to.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •