PvP Concerns in Dragonflight - Talent Tree, Solo Shuffle, War Mode, Trinket Set Bonus

PvP Concerns in Dragonflight - Talent Tree, Solo Shuffle, War Mode, Trinket Set Bonus
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Will interrupt be on the talent tree forcing people to lose one extra point towards being viable in PvP? Will we lose a ton of passives for filler on the talent trees?
    We can understand players trepidation about what abilities will and will not end up in the talent tree. It’s something we’re currently iterating on a great deal. But players will receive 1 talent point for each level between level 10 and 60, 26 class points and 25 spec points for a total of 51 points. Frankly, it’s hard to really put concerns to rest through a forum post. We’re working to get some talent trees in front of the community as quickly as we can so we can work together to iterate on what designs provide compelling choices and player agency balanced with familiarity.

How will ranked Solo Shuffle work? Is it actually happening?
    It would be good to clarify that when we’re talking about Solo Queue Rated PvP in 10.0, we are talking specifically about Rated Solo Shuffle. The feature will function in the same way it does as the brawl, with 6 rounds and rotating teams, queueable in the ranked Arena queueing tab. The team is working through some of the intricacies of rewards in the game mode as we want it to have it’s own prestigious reward, although players will certaintly be able to attain Elite gear – more info to come in the future.

Will the Pvp talents be the same or different (Seems to be two different answers from two different people from different interviews) for Dragonflight?
    The PvP talent system will exist in its current form – an available pool of talents that players can pick 3 from, with the talents being accessible in all types of PvP content (warmode and instanced). That being said, we expect the new talent system to have a lot of interesting choices for PvP players in how to customize their characters between different types of PvP content and compositions.

Will the Pvp talent trees include stuff that has been removed from PvP talents/Talent trees?
    Not exactly sure what is meant here, so I’ll have to ask you for more clarification.

Will people not in warmode get access to PvP talent trees at all or will it be Warmode enabled only?
    I believe this was answered above.

Will double PvP trinket set bonus be the same or change again?
    We’re happy with how this bonus has worked out. It provides a big boost to players early as they first acquire gear and it has tuning knobs to adjust throughput and stamina separately. It’s possible that it will change but we’re pretty happy with it for now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Im not following up the talent tree discussion, i just know its coming back, but, it would not be better to have a different talent tree with their own points for pvp? separated from the other tree, that you get by doing pvp content?

Will the Pvp talent trees include stuff that has been removed from PvP talents/Talent trees?
    Not exactly sure what is meant here, so I’ll have to ask you for more clarification.
    Today devs can't understand someone asking if the pvp talent tree will include talents that were removed from the old pvp talents smh

How will ranked Solo Shuffle work? Is it actually happening?
    It would be good to clarify that when we’re talking about Solo Queue Rated PvP in 10.0, we are talking specifically about Rated Solo Shuffle. The feature will function in the same way it does as the brawl, with 6 rounds and rotating teams, queueable in the ranked Arena queueing tab. The team is working through some of the intricacies of rewards in the game mode as we want it to have it’s own prestigious reward, although players will certaintly be able to attain Elite gear – more info to come in the future.
    As long as I can get at least one saddle for the Warstrider, I'll be happy.

Racials need to be addressed also, way too many orcs.

10+ Year Old Account
    That Interrupt Talent respons is a non-respons. "You get points to do X and Y and we're looking forward to what you think about it".
    Instead they could've said "yes everyone has to Specc into an interrupt or "No everyone receives a baseline Interrupt spell.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Will interrupt be on the talent tree forcing people to lose one extra point towards being viable in PvP?"

How does this question even make sense, if requiring an interrupt is what makes you Viable, everyone will take it anyway and use that 1 point for the Interrupt. So it comes out as a net neutral.

It's not like People don't use interrupts in PvE as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    "Will interrupt be on the talent tree forcing people to lose one extra point towards being viable in PvP?"

How does this question even make sense, if requiring an interrupt is what makes you Viable, everyone will take it anyway and use that 1 point for the Interrupt. So it comes out as a net neutral.

It's not like People don't use interrupts in PvE as well.
    I could certainly see not picking up an interrupt for open world leveling or questing for no warmode or certain raid boss guilds. But yeah, that's about it

But for any even semi-serious PvP situation, even just battlegrounds, it's getting picked.

I doubt warmode players will suffer by having to spend 2-4 talent points on PvP picks to keep up, that's what the warmode bonus is there for anyway so that is a good place to adjust it if warmode falls behind to much in open world

they should've moved away from pvp talents and instead went with baking them into class/spec-trees and be usable everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Flaim View Post
    they should've moved away from pvp talents and instead went with baking them into class/spec-trees and be usable everywhere
    Agreed, they really need to just give up on the whole idea of PVP talents and do that already. Having to keep bar space and keybinds for abilities I can only use in half the content I do feels terrible and is incredibly annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Today devs can't understand someone asking if the pvp talent tree will include talents that were removed from the old pvp talents smh
    How hard is it to give an example? I'm sure they were answering and reading a ton of comments/threads. So any generic or non-specific question won't get a good response.

Believe it or not but "stuff" isn't exactly descriptive.
    Last edited by Sinyc; 2022-04-28 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    That Interrupt Talent respons is a non-respons. "You get points to do X and Y and we're looking forward to what you think about it".
    Instead they could've said "yes everyone has to Specc into an interrupt or "No everyone receives a baseline Interrupt spell.
    It's because it's a stupid fucking question lol

"Will interrupt be on the talent tree?"

"When has it ever been on any iteration of the talent tree, you will have kick and pummel the same as you've had for the last 2 decades, please stop wasting time" should've been his response

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yeetcannon View Post
    Agreed, they really need to just give up on the whole idea of PVP talents and do that already. Having to keep bar space and keybinds for abilities I can only use in half the content I do feels terrible and is incredibly annoying.
    Why not just set up another action bar for PvP, we get 9 of them that can be swapped through freely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by h8ryan View Post
    It's because it's a stupid fucking question lol

"Will interrupt be on the talent tree?"

"When has it ever been on any iteration of the talent tree, you will have kick and pummel the same as you've had for the last 2 decades, please stop wasting time" should've been his response
    I think it’s because they showed the resto Druid tree and it had a interrupt on it something restro and most other healers don’t have.

So now people are wondering if every spec works that way.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Super excited about Rated Solo Shuffle, I can see it being my main PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Why not just set up another action bar for PvP, we get 9 of them that can be swapped through freely.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it’s because they showed the resto Druid tree and it had a interrupt on it something restro and most other healers don’t have.

So now people are wondering if every spec works that way.

Which is stupid of them because they're asking specific talent questions about a pre alpha placeholder image

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by h8ryan View Post
    Which is stupid of them because they're asking specific talent questions about a pre alpha placeholder image
    Pretty much ya.

A lot of people have gotten into there heads that if blizzard shows it then it will stay that way all the way through alpha and beta even though that’s never been the case.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Once again, the most important question was not asked:
    When will Blizzard remove PvP from the game?

Quote Originally Posted by yeetcannon View Post
    Agreed. This was a perfect opportunity to take make the PVP only talents accessible for all content. There are a lot of fun Talents that would also have a place in PVE.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    How hard is it to give an example? I'm sure they were answering and reading a ton of comments/threads. So any generic or non-specific question won't get a good response.

Believe it or not but "stuff" isn't exactly descriptive.
    what else it would be? what it used to be on the talent tree besides, you know, the talents?