Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Unique variety is good. But where's the "variety" if all you can have are apples, apples with the stem on, and apples with the stem with a leaf?

    The point is that maybe Blizzard's line of thinking was the same as the one they had with the demon hunter: "we believe giving it two separate dps specs would dilute the concept."
    And yes, this is where I call it bullshit. Those guys are good, they came up with crazy stuff in World of Warcraft, including a daily quest where you make two seals fuck. Finding two unique and exciting ways for dragonpeople to use dragonmagic to deal dragondamage is a cakewalk compared to that.

    Does Warlock feel diluted due to having a spec focused on destroying shit, a spec focused on summoning demons, and another focused on giving the enemy tuberculosis? No, those are 3 unique answers to the question "how would a corrupted magic used deal damage". Simple, and I don't think the game would be better if we boiled them down to 1 spec.

    Same was with Demon Hunter. They came up with Vengeance on their own, this spec has 0 pre-Legion lore, and is fun as hell. Would it be that hard to make another melee DPS spec that feels unique to Fury? No it wouldn't. Especially since they literally created a DH character using soul-based magic and two handed weapons to deal DPS.

    The choice to make it 2 spec, not 3 spec, is literally "because we didn't wanna make another spec". Well, I certainly would prefer it to have 3, so pointlessly vent on a forum I shall.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dractier View Post
    They have literally just said multiple times that they are thinking about adding another spec
    Must have missed that one. All I saw was answer to the question of whether or not they'd add tank spec to Evoker, and it was a cautious "nope".
    Last edited by Okacz; 2022-04-28 at 08:46 PM.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Dractier View Post
    They have literally just said multiple times that they are thinking about adding another spec
    I didn't see that anywhere. The only quote I remember (provided below) says they don't want to say "no" to a third spec, but I'm sure they would say the same about Demon Hunters. It's a better PR response to say "someday maybe" than "no"

    I don't want to close the door on [Evokers] ever getting a third [spec], but I don't know that 'tank' is the direction we would go here in particular. Our prior Hero Classes have all had 'tank' options. We think that is fairly well covered over the years. We'd like to give ranged DPS some love this time.

  3. #43
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    18,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    And yes, this is where I call it bullshit. Those guys are good, they came up with crazy stuff in World of Warcraft, including a daily quest where you make two seals fuck. Finding two unique and exciting ways for dragonpeople to use dragonmagic to deal dragondamage is a cakewalk compared to that.
    One: those are nowhere near the same thing, and two: those aren't the same people anymore, remember?

    The choice to make it 2 spec, not 3 spec, is literally "because we didn't wanna make another spec".
    And I'm 99.9% sure you're wrong.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I didn't see that anywhere.
    Blizzard's twitter Q&A:
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Dracthyr
    • A Tank spec is unlikely. This is a spellcaster class at its core.
    • The team won't close the door on a third spec, but tank is unlikely. Previous Hero classes have had Tank options, so that's pretty well covered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  4. #44
    I'm not upset over no tank option, but rather Evoker's bizarre lack of black dragonflight representation/magic. Quick edit to mention that yes, there is visual representation in cosmetic forms, but as far as I know, nothing has been said about black magic.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    And I'm 99.9% sure you're wrong.
    I mean, you say he's wrong but you can't seem to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

  6. #46
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    18,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I mean, you say he's wrong but you can't seem to prove it.
    I said I believe him to be wrong, I never said he is.

    Also, he literally made a claim, stating the developers made a third spec to the evoker not because they thought a third one wouldn't work, but because they didn't want to. And he doesn't have any evidence to prove his case, either. But I don't see you getting on his case, for some reason.

    Either way. Any claims made without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Either way. Any claims made without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
    So we can dismiss your belief :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    So we can dismiss your belief :/
    Just accept what he said was BS dude lol.

  9. #49
    I really hope that they change their mind and add the tank spec later down the line. A magic based tank would be so cool (and a dragon to add)

  10. #50
    Hoof Hearted!!!
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Yeah, it was obvious tank spec isn't happening since the moment they've announced Evokers. Not sure what people were expecting.
    Most of the posts I had read were saying Blizz needed to come out with a mail wearing ranged class, and they did. Ranged is not tanking. Ranged is not melee. Ranged are healers or DPS.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

  11. #51
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    18,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    So we can dismiss your belief :/
    And? I honestly don't know what's your issue, here. It feels you're responding to me for no reason whatsoever other than just to be a contrarian.

    My post literally contains nothing wrong. You then not only accuse me of making a claim (which I didn't) but also accuse me of "not being able to prove" said claim I never made, yet for some reason, the guy who actually made a claim he can't prove gets a pass?

    And when I point out how your accusation is not only baseless, but wrong, your response is literally "then I dismiss your opinion".
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    And?
    And nothing.

    You could have said you disagreed but instead you said you're sure 99% that he's wrong, without any proof that he would be.

    All I've pointed out is you've got no proof to back your opinion. It is equally baseless. You said it yourself, "Any claims made without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." What else are you gleaning from this?
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-04-28 at 10:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

  13. #53
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,120
    As I said on the other forum, I think the most likely scenario is a RDPS based on Deathwing HotS, who is an extremely sturdy, ranged brawler. Blizzard could even incorporate his two forms mechanic where he goes from standard black drake to a more violent and corrupt form. Perhaps utilizing a metamorphosis-like mechanic where the Dracthyr turns into a more robust, corrupt form? I’d recommend using the mechanics from WoD demonology.

    Deathwing also has quite a few aerial abilities, so it would fit well with the DE playstyle.

  14. #54
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    18,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    You could have said you disagreed but instead you said you're sure 99% that he's wrong, without any proof that he would be.
    Read that again. Slowly.

    I literally said "I'm 99% sure you're wrong", which shows that I'm expressing my opinion against the guy who made a statement of fact without evidence.

    All I've pointed out is you've got no proof to back your opinion.
    And all I've pointed out is how dishonest you're being. You've literally made three posts responding to me to double- and triple-down on your own mistake, and zero posts responding to the poster who actually made a claim without any proof that he is right.

    It is equally baseless.
    And yet you focus on the one that stated an opinion, but ignore the one who actually made a claim of fact.

    What else are you gleaning from this?
    That's my question to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  15. #55
    Pandaren Monk Forgottenone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,792
    I'm glad they can't be tanks. I hope it doesn't change within Dragonflight or the expansion afterwards.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I literally said "I'm 99% sure you're wrong", which shows that I'm expressing my opinion against the guy who made a statement of fact without evidence.
    Sure, and opinions can be claims as well. Like if I said 'I think your skin is blue', that's both an expression of an opinion, and a claim. In this case, it would be a baseless claim, and that's what I'm pointing out.

    Just because you expressed an opinion does not mean you didn't make a claim. You said you are sure he is wrong, without presenting any reason why. Nothing to back up your counterargument there.

    And all I've pointed out is how dishonest you're being.
    What have I been dishonest about? You seem to throw that out a lot, but you haven't been clear about what I said that would be a lie.

    who actually made a claim without any proof that he is right
    Sure, but you did too. Two wrongs don't make a right, does it?
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-04-29 at 02:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

  17. #57
    Any who is asking for a tank spec is out of touch and most likely ask for alot of unreasonable stupid things here in MMO

    The game already has alot of tanks, you want to play a dragon based tank why ? you will quit the spec most likely because it didn't meet your unrealistic expectations

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Of all the people complaining there isn't a tank spec, id bet most don't actually tank. Most were just hoping for more tanks to reduce queues etc, which in reality only works for the first few weeks, and then the bad tank players wash out and move on. Start of legion i wouldn't take a Vengeance DH most of the time, now we are at a point i prefer them.
    Buzz off with that dismissive nonsense mate. I've been dreaming of a dragon class for ages but really only enjoy classes with a tank spec. I'm going to try it and hope I fall in love with it, but I'm worried I won't and won't have my fantasy dragon class to play because I'll get bored like I always do with non-tank classes.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TyrionLamperouge View Post
    I really hope that they change their mind and add the tank spec later down the line. A magic based tank would be so cool (and a dragon to add)
    This so much. There's just so much unfulfilled fantasy for me.

  19. #59
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    18,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    You said you are sure he is wrong, without presenting any reason why. Nothing to back up your counterargument there.
    Maybe if you decided to read the discussion instead of grabbing my latest post in a vacuum, you'd gave your answer. After all, I did say:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    The point is that maybe Blizzard's line of thinking was the same as the one they had with the demon hunter: "we believe giving it two separate dps specs would dilute the concept."
    That is my opinion. But the other poster said I'm wrong (in his own words) by saying that the actual reason for the evoker having two specs was "because Blizzard didn't want to make a third spec."

    What have I been dishonest about? You seem to throw that out a lot, but you haven't been clear about what I said that would be a lie.
    I never said you lied. I said you were being dishonest, because you're apparently just fine with the other poster making statements of fact without a single shred of evidence to back it up, but the moment someone challenges that statement with their own opinion, you suddenly have a problem with the challenger. Feels rather... double-standard-ish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Maybe if you decided to read the discussion instead of grabbing my latest post in a vacuum, you'd gave your answer. After all, I did say:

    That is my opinion. But the other poster said I'm wrong (in his own words) by saying that the actual reason for the evoker having two specs was "because Blizzard didn't want to make a third spec."


    I never said you lied. I said you were being dishonest, because you're apparently just fine with the other poster making statements of fact without a single shred of evidence to back it up, but the moment someone challenges that statement with their own opinion, you suddenly have a problem with the challenger. Feels rather... double-standard-ish.
    Man, he's got your goat good. I can't tell if he's being intentionally obtuse or not, but the discussion had read to me like this:

    Opakz: I think this is the reason for the thing. (This is an opinion)

    Ielenia: I think you're wrong that thats the reason for the thing. (This is also an opinion)

    Triceron: Oh yeah? Prove to me that that's not the reason for the thing! You can't, can you!

    Well, no, because it's all opinions about why the developer's made the decisions they made. No one can prove it right or wrong.

    Anyways, this has been an enjoyable discussion about semantics and possibly trolling, that I can't really be sure about that last part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dormin View Post
    How can you 'be right back' when you try and commit suicide?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •