Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    I dont get why people are mimimi about people who want a tank spec for Evokers. I mean we dont need new Range DPS/Healer aswell. We dont need a new class overall. But its fun to get a new one. And even if Evoker would be Tank/Healer/DPS it wouldnt effect anything. We just have a new class that can tank aswell. Nobody has any disadvantages.

If DHs get a third Spec we dont have any disadvantages aswell.

If you dont play m+30 or mythic progress raids your setup doesnt matter at all. If you wipe you do cause your group sucks.

You have absolutely no clue what u are talking about. As a Tank you dont need to run around/move 24/7 like a headless chicken. Also a 2 Second Chargeable Abillity could be a skillshot, a cooldown you have to use in the right moment or you could have passives so you get a defensive bonus if u charge up your abillity.
    Its not because people want to do m+30 that they want a tank spec on evokers- its because finding a tank for m+ is really really difficult and the more classes that have access to a tank spec the more tanks we will have for m+

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Its not because people want to do m+30 that they want a tank spec on evokers- its because finding a tank for m+ is really really difficult and the more classes that have access to a tank spec the more tanks we will have for m+
    yeah, that whats im saying. new tank/healer/dps specs dont harm anyone. So i dont get why people say: "WE DONT NEED MORE TANKS MIMIMI"

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    and the more classes that have access to a tank spec the more tanks we will have for m+
    This isn't the case. At all.

People who want to tank, tank. They did when there were 2 tank classes in the game (Warrior and Druid, at Horde), as they did when they kept adding them to the game (Paladin, Deathknight, Monk, Demonhunter)... yet, tank scarcity remained a thing. Go figure. Even with double or triple the tank specs\classes we used to have at some point.

There aren't a lack of tanks due to lack of tank specs\classes, and it would be pretty cool if people stopped pretending it was.

Stop abusing and trashing your tanks on your M+s and pugs, especially if they're a new player. There's a learning curve to it, and a very steep one at the end of a season\expansion, for that matter, and the community is very fast at making people not wanting to tank, very, very fast.

added thought : Every single new class added to the game brought a tank spec. It's not the end of the world if this one doesn't bring one, if thematically it doesn't fit, at all, or they just couldn't find a way to make one work.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2022-09-11 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    What is this even supposed to mean?
    That they don't really care about it. They just did half-ass job in making the specs in these class.
    We always had at least 3 specs(then druid got fourth to balance things out).

I would like to see both
    Got to ask. . . what gives you dissatisfaction with the current tank specs that you have?

Development wise, it would probably be easier to give Demonhunters a second tank spec and then expand the classes that Drakthyr can be, which would be 11.0 at the earliest. (And before you whine about this suggestion, do note that we already have one class that has multiple healing specs, and many classes with multiple dps specs!) That would actually fulfill both of your expectations.

I doubt Evokers will ever get a tank spec due to the simple fact that they are ranged. Other than druids, which are a very weird hold-over from Warcraft 3 and Vanilla, Blizzard has very consistently kept tanks to melee classes. Even with druids, you can argue that they BECOME a melee class as a bear because the shapeshift form limits the spells they use. The design philosophy is consistent. It makes it easier for new players, makes it easier to balance, and makes it easier to design encounters for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    This isn't the case. At all.

People who want to tank, tank. They did when there were 2 tank classes in the game (Warrior and Druid, at Horde), as they did when they kept adding them to the game (Paladin, Deathknight, Monk, Demonhunter)... yet, tank scarcity remained a thing. Go figure. Even with double or triple the tank specs\classes we used to have at some point.

There aren't a lack of tanks due to lack of tank specs\classes, and it would be pretty cool if people stopped pretending it was.

Stop abusing and trashing your tanks on your M+s and pugs, especially if they're a new player. There's a learning curve to it, and a very steep one at the end of a season\expansion, for that matter, and the community is very fast at making people not wanting to tank, very, very fast.

added thought : Every single new class added to the game brought a tank spec. It's not the end of the world if this one doesn't bring one, if thematically it doesn't fit, at all, or they just couldn't find a way to make one work.
    THIS. I've seen pug dps actually dogpile new tanks trying to learn dungeons. It's disgusting.

I mean we dont need new Range DPS/Healer aswell. We dont need a new class overall.
    But we... do? Three classes have been added to the pool prior to DF and they contributed 3 tank specs, 4 melee DPS specs, 1 healer spec and 0 ranged DPS. We even lost one ranged spec along the way (survival hunters). A ranged DPS/healer class was exactly what the game needed to at least try to reinstate a balance between melee and ranged. We currently have six times the number of tank specs we had in vanilla (just prot warriors back then) and twice the number we had in TBC (prot warrior, prot pally, 'feral' druid). I think it's about time we expanded the arsenal available to ranged and healer players.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrysis View Post
    Got to ask. . . what gives you dissatisfaction with the current tank specs that you have?

Development wise, it would probably be easier to give Demonhunters a second tank spec and then expand the classes that Drakthyr can be, which would be 11.0 at the earliest. (And before you whine about this suggestion, do note that we already have one class that has multiple healing specs, and many classes with multiple dps specs!) That would actually fulfill both of your expectations.

I doubt Evokers will ever get a tank spec due to the simple fact that they are ranged. Other than druids, which are a very weird hold-over from Warcraft 3 and Vanilla, Blizzard has very consistently kept tanks to melee classes. Even with druids, you can argue that they BECOME a melee class as a bear because the shapeshift form limits the spells they use. The design philosophy is consistent. It makes it easier for new players, makes it easier to balance, and makes it easier to design encounters for.

Im not dissatisfactioned with any tank role, but more tanks = more players who play (maybe) a tank. More (Tank) Specs = more fun for everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Caiphon View Post
    But we... do? Three classes have been added to the pool prior to DF and they contributed 3 tank specs, 4 melee DPS specs, 1 healer spec and 0 ranged DPS. We even lost one ranged spec along the way (survival hunters). A ranged DPS/healer class was exactly what the game needed to at least try to reinstate a balance between melee and ranged. We currently have six times the number of tank specs we had in vanilla (just prot warriors back then) and twice the number we had in TBC (prot warrior, prot pally, 'feral' druid). I think it's about time we expanded the arsenal available to ranged and healer players.
    But we "dont need" any new class at all. Games work that way flawless. Range/Melee Setup in Raids is in very rare situation important. like 95% of Raidgroups can play with whatever they want.

They should more specs of everything. its more fun for everyone.

Im not dissatisfactioned with any tank role, but more tanks = more players who play (maybe) a tank. More (Tank) Specs = more fun for everyone

But we "dont need" any new class at all. Games work that way flawless. Range/Melee Setup in Raids is in very rare situation important. like 95% of Raidgroups can play with whatever they want.

They should more specs of everything. its more fun for everyone.
    The harsh reality of it is that most people just dislike playing tanks in general. The community's tolerance to new-ish tanks probably play a part as many have pointed out, but then there are folks (like myself) who just can't be bothered to memorise the optimal pathing for every single dungeon and raid out there. Like I said previously, we have six times the number of tank specs compared to vanilla and twice compared to TBC, but we haven't seen a significant increase in tank players. It's probably safe at this point to say that adding new tank specs doesn't really make non-tank players pick them up.

Now don't get me wrong I've nothing against adding new classes and specs to the game. But given limited resources, I think RDPS and healer players should be prioritised in getting shiny new specs as tanks and melee have already had a good number of them during the last six expansions or so. And I wouldn't say ranged/melee balance is meaningless in most raids - while we don't have 'mage tanks' or 'warlock tanks' a la TBC plenty of bosses have gimmicks that specifically require melee or ranged DPS. If the population is strongly skewed towards melee Blizzard would be pushed to design encounters around melee, which I don't think is healthy for the game.

I really wish that were true for the long term. You get a temporary short-term influx of people trying out the tank spec, most of them players who already tank. That just leaves a very small subset of new people trying out tanking. Most of those will be chased off by pressure and responsibility. I believe your heart is in the right place, but if we really want to make an impact on the tanking shortage, it's to be kinder to the tanks we do have, and find some way to make the responsibility of tanking easier to bear.