Why do we have different versions of Naaru if they are beings of Light?

Steve Danuser in interview statements indicate a possibility of planes for other cosmic forces:
    Where do naaru go when they die?: “So that same rule that we established in Legion for a being of an influence goes back, if it’s killed in the mortal realm, or some other realm, it goes back to its home realm, it’s home plane if you will. That is true of demons and it’s true of other forces as well. So if Naaru are fighting in the mortal realm, for example, and a Naaru is struck down its essence would go back to the realm of Light and would be reconstituted there“.[53]

And I know that Danuzer is just being an idiot(again) and doesn't know that we saw alternate versions of the Naaru in Draenor and one of them even turned into a God Void, but maybe there's some Watsonian explanation?

Shitty writing... WoD...and all that followed.
    No need to over-think it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Because, as I speculated earlier, these Naaru are shattered remnants of a star. They can represent each cosmic force. I have seen pinky blue arcane Naaru in Shattrah too. Good to see few cosmologists over here. I am going to disappoint you, we are going to suffer now in a terrestrial expansion. I hope they will at least give some titan content otherwise that will be all too mundane.
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2022-04-28 at 02:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They go back to the Light, plain and simple. Not including the naaru that are turned into void abberations.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The refusal to pick a lane between totally separate timelines or a "sacred timeline" with deviant variants really kneecapped the lore. They can't even be consistent with the muddle approach they went with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I don't think this is a discrepancy or any kind of retcon - the shift between Light and Void states isn't part of the Naaru afterlife, it's part of their life-cycle (not including death). As a Naaru expends its Light-based energies it can enter a darkened state, which is akin to hibernation of a sort but causes them to emanate Void energies in place of Light until they're restored. This isn't death, though; it's just part of their nature - they're still beings born of primordial Light. Further damage (or corruption) can also enforce an actual turn into a Void entity (e.g. a "Void God" like M'uru), which may mean they become true entities of the Void, or may not, since we don't know the specifics of this change. So basically, Naaru and darkened Naaru return to the Light if they die. Those Naaru who have fully become Void entities like M'uru or presumably L'ura may go to the Void on death.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I don't think this is a discrepancy or any kind of retcon - the shift between Light and Void states isn't part of the Naaru afterlife, it's part of their life-cycle (not including death). As a Naaru expends its Light-based energies it can enter a darkened state, which is akin to hibernation of a sort but causes them to emanate Void energies in place of Light until they're restored. This isn't death, though; it's just part of their nature - they're still beings born of primordial Light. Further damage (or corruption) can also enforce an actual turn into a Void entity (e.g. a "Void God" like M'uru), which may mean they become true entities of the Void, or may not, since we don't know the specifics of this change. So basically, Naaru and darkened Naaru return to the Light if they die. Those Naaru who have fully become Void entities like M'uru or presumably L'ura may go to the Void on death.
    I mean we have 2 different K'ara, she died in the main universe but survived in the alternate one. Shouldn't we have only one K'ara, just as there is only one Archimonde?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    I mean we have 2 different K'ara, she died in the main universe but survived in the alternate one. Shouldn't we have only one K'ara, just as there is only one Archimonde?
    Depends on how they handle Naaru compared to demons, really. Chronicle Vol. 3 would seem to belie the whole "one transcendent Legion" nonsense of WoD, but it's kind of unclear on that score. Regardless, the space-time wedge of WoD doesn't really change how Naaru are handled in terms of their respective deaths, so we could just have two different K'ara's that died in different ways, in different timelines, etc.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Depends on how they handle Naaru compared to demons, really. Chronicle Vol. 3 would seem to belie the whole "one transcendent Legion" nonsense of WoD, but it's kind of unclear on that score. Regardless, the space-time wedge of WoD doesn't really change how Naaru are handled in terms of their respective deaths, so we could just have two different K'ara's that died in different ways, in different timelines, etc.
    I mean Danuzer said in an interview that all 6 power magical beings work like demons in the sense that they return to their reality after death. It would be strange if demons were the only ones who also transcend all universes due to their connection to the Twisting Nether because Light and Void also transcend all realities. And Chronicles 3 didn't change anything in that regard, it just says there's only one true timeline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I mean Danuzer said in an interview that all 6 power magical beings work like demons in the sense that they return to their reality after death. It would be strange if demons were the only ones who also transcend all universes due to their connection to the Twisting Nether because Light and Void also transcend all realities. And Chronicles 3 didn't change anything in that regard, it just says there's only one true timeline.
    As I said above, the whole "one Legion transcending all" doesn't really change the mechanics of death and how it works for Naaru, demons, or what have you. I admit that would be strange, but since we don't know more than that, we can only speculate. The main issue with the transcendent Legion was dealing with the various AU personalities who could become demons at any point in their respective times, and how that works in terms of a single persistent Legion (not to mention the impossible task of conquering all worlds in all divergent timelines). But with Chronicle Vol. 3 reverting that notion back to the AU timelines being ephemeral and limited in scope, there's no real reason to be overly concerned with it, and it's increasingly likely that the whole one transcendent Legion notion has been retconned once more.

As I said above, the whole "one Legion transcending all" doesn't really change the mechanics of death and how it works for Naaru, demons, or what have you. I admit that would be strange, but since we don't know more than that, we can only speculate. The main issue with the transcendent Legion was dealing with the various AU personalities who could become demons at any point in their respective times, and how that works in terms of a single persistent Legion (not to mention the impossible task of conquering all worlds in all divergent timelines). But with Chronicle Vol. 3 reverting that notion back to the AU timelines being ephemeral and limited in scope, there's no real reason to be overly concerned with it, and it's increasingly likely that the whole one transcendent Legion notion has been retconned once more.
    I think that if a mortal becomes a demon, then different versions of him merge into one being in the Twisting Nether, just like different versions of mortals merge into one being in the Shadowlands. Just parts of one rope, remember? This does not apply to Naaru who have never been mortal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I think that if a mortal becomes a demon, then different versions of him merge into one being in the Twisting Nether, just like different versions of mortals merge into one being in the Shadowlands. Just parts of one rope, remember? This does not apply to Naaru who have never been mortal.
    We don't know if the Shadowlands "rope analogy" applies to the Twisting Nether and/or demons, so that's really neither here nor there. We're equally unsure how that applies to Naaru, if at all.

The problem is that you're trying to think about it when the writers clearly didn't