Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tentim View Post
    It depends on your elo... most silver games can be carried by a unicorn player as people rarely know how to effectively end.
    This. I've won several games at a lower ELO by farming some gold than backdooring on someone such as Udyr or Tryndamere. And your team will scream to have you reported for ignoring the pushing team instead of noticing they are sending 1 to 2 people to try and stop you, who then die to you, as you push towers.

There was one game though that wasn't a back door come back. I was playing Irelia and the opposing team was mocking us as they were winning and something inside me snapped. I farmed gold, finished my build and I began winning 1v2-4 fights and slowly pulling the game back. As I started dominating, my team started playing a little better and getting more excited. The enemy team was yelling in chat to kill the damn Irelia.

This was years ago though. When I finally clawed my way to gold I lost all desire to play the game.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I hate the surrender button and mentality.

I had more than a fair share of games where everyone would have said we are going to loose. But we didn't.

In the curretn LoL ONE mistake can make or break the game in the endgame becuase the enemy can just walz through every single tower in seconds.

Also because i play the game to have fun in... you know... playing the game. Winning is fine but not the only goal when you paly video games
    That is when you are not too far behind to have a chance to reach the end game eventually.

I agree that people press the FF button way to often, but playing a obvious lost game and drag it on for another 10-15min is lost life time. Especially if your are losing really hard in the "first part" of the game, sure you can turn it around but you always have to ask the question "Why should the losing team suddenly make a 180 in terms of gameplay when they did not in the first half?".
    And I mean games where it is really obvious, not some trivial things where a lane goes 0/3 and presses the FF button on cooldown.

I hate it when people cry for FF for every little thing, because in my opinion they are going to play like that going forward. Having such a loosing/FF mentalitly for every little mistake is bad, even when it's unconsciously, you see it in their gameplay.
    On the other hand, I hate being caged in obviously lost games, where I could be in my next one long ago.

Having random dudes raging for an "FF at 10" after conceding first blood at 2m is not "keep playing a losing game".

That's sort of an exaggeration, but i've actually seen it happen, more often than i would like, and for every other reason...

Yes, there are games where you're better off just FFing and being done with it, but most times it's better to just play the game, since it's most often than not still up for grabs, especially in mid to lower elos.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Having random dudes raging for an "FF at 10" after conceding first blood at 2m is not "keep playing a losing game".

That's sort of an exaggeration, but i've actually seen it happen, more often than i would like, and for every other reason...

Yes, there are games where you're better off just FFing and being done with it, but most times it's better to just play the game, since it's most often than not still up for grabs, especially in mid to lower elos.
    This, though with the addition that gaming is per definition lost time.

Of losing makes you not like the game anymore then you shouldn't be playing at all, as either you need a game you actually enjoy or you just need someone or something to convincingly yell "You win!" at you every so often, the latter of which might be indicative of underlying issues.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by zellsantal View Post
    Ok I have played LoL for a while now, trying different champions to see which I might be good with. On many of my games as of late we would be losing and figure ok we weren't going to win (more so if the other team have over 20 above yours) hit surrender. You figure if not going to win might as well just call it but when you hit surrender and have one or two people not wanting to and force's you to play though the losing game. These games been all draft but still my question is why do people want to keep going and wasting everyone's time? On top of that the other team gets more points to add to their account (that's to my understanding anyways.) which only make me feel like these people do it on purpose. Im not trying to be an ass or anything like that but just trying to understand why players would do this.
    "Why keep playing a losing game" mentality - is like saying "why keep running, when I had a bad start, I better return to the couch".

You see - you lost from the beginning.

Well if you are loosing THAT hard the game is over in another 5 minutes.

If not... you are not actually loosing that hard^^
    Agree on the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    This. I've won several games at a lower ELO by farming some gold than backdooring on someone such as Udyr or Tryndamere. And your team will scream to have you reported for ignoring the pushing team instead of noticing they are sending 1 to 2 people to try and stop you, who then die to you, as you push towers.

There was one game though that wasn't a back door come back. I was playing Irelia and the opposing team was mocking us as they were winning and something inside me snapped. I farmed gold, finished my build and I began winning 1v2-4 fights and slowly pulling the game back. As I started dominating, my team started playing a little better and getting more excited. The enemy team was yelling in chat to kill the damn Irelia.

This was years ago though. When I finally clawed my way to gold I lost all desire to play the game.
    By gold usually it doesn't work players don't really know how to macro game but they are good enough at their champs to just run down the behind team.

Wonder if my proclivity for playing pick off champs like Jhin or having instawin teamfight ult champs like Seraphine makes me never surrender.

I've gotten to many 30minute aces against a siege off big ults

In diamond

People play league like they level in wow or another mmo. Just turn off brain and press buttons. They really cant see when the game is over because they arent playing necessarily. I say games are over when you are getting stomped and your time just doesnt know what to do from a basic standpoint. If your team is looking like bots and keep fighting 1v4 or 2v5 instead of farming then the game probably over. Lots of people say "WHEN THE NEXUS EXPLODES!" As someone who has played competitievly in college. This only applies when two teams are showing equal skill and are only losing because of slight power creep. I have seen combacks from nothing but the team who did it knew HOW to position and understood the mechanics of the game and how their champs scale vs the enemy champs.

If you are silver 5 or less and its 5 to 30 in 15. The game is done. Dont torture yourself. Could you come back? Yes if the team rofls themselves into a loss. Are they though? Probably not. FF save your sanity for the next game.

victories have become largely obsolete since the removal of blue essence from victories and the reduction to only 50 blue essence for daily victory, now it is all about match time, the more time the match lasts, the more experience the account gains and the more blue essence capsules acquired, and since the vast majority of league of legend's population is casual that is mostly on normal blind pick matches they do not really bother with the surrendering feature since it is only going to limit the experience gained

and to add to that ranked matches are even more obsolete since no matter how high you go, all of your progress will reset after each season so in the end it has all been for nothing, the challenges ranking is much more valuable since it is permanent and actually visible in the account
    Last edited by Elfezen; 2022-07-16 at 08:17 AM.

You know how many games I won that was "lost"? 1 mistake can cost you a game whgen respawn timers are getting long. So many games won by backdooring. I never liked people in my team with the attitude to surrender everytime opposite team got ahead. Why even joining ranked games with that attitude.

Either play till nexus is destroyed or don't join at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    You know how many games I won that was "lost"? 1 mistake can cost you a game whgen respawn timers are getting long. So many games won by backdooring. I never liked people in my team with the attitude to surrender everytime opposite team got ahead. Why even joining ranked games with that attitude.

Either play till nexus is destroyed or don't join at all.
    Like I said its low ego thing. I've not seen many 30min games in higher plat.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand, if you're just playing draft then why does losing = wasting time? That makes zero sense

Because people hit surrender 3 minutes into the match screeching that it's lost.
    Op feels like someone like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    If you want to win you have to play. Surrender and early leaving is such a pathetic way
    love WoWarcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Like I said its low ego thing. I've not seen many 30min games in higher plat.
    In previous post you said you would like to see some forced FF in lower elo to end the game earlier. Why tho? As you said in low elo there are many comebacks because very often winning team just fukup and lose the game. I just don't get why you wanna then force people to lose only because one team got some advantage (would this also affect for example games at LCS?? because there were few games than just get throwed and according to your proposition the team behind should be forced to lose anyway).
    If you can't win the game those advantages means nothing.

So I stand with my opinion. Either play the game till nexus is destroyed or everyone agree to FF or just don't join games at all. I just hate all those idiots screaming since beginning of the game to FF because someone got FB or someone died in stupid way.

Yeah you need experience before you can start winning. But these moba have been around so long that I don't think it is worth putting in the time now because you are so behind compared to everyone else

Game is lost when:
    1. You surrender.
    2. Your nexus is destroyed.

Never surrender.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Game is lost when:
    1. You surrender.
    2. Your nexus is destroyed.

Never surrender.
    This.

I've won so many games where someone leaves thinking that the game is unwinnable.

Personal take, if you want to give up at the first sign of defeat, which is what the OP sounds like he wants to do, then MOBAs are not for you, nor is any PvP-based game imo.

Game is rigged and official statement from Riot Games is "we are going to 50/50 every account 50% wins 50% lose"