Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    This will certainly free up possibilities for some interesting character concepts

though of course while something like Highmountain Paladin wouldn't need anything more than the Charger or Nightborne Druid with all the Druid Forms, others like Void Elf Paladin, Lightforged Shaman, or Draenei Warlock would require more in-game setup whether it be a questline introducing them or setting up something that will allow us to play proper High Elves without using different racials

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    But the gobbos and worgen literally start before the Cataclysm. All the other starting zones are just "After" it happened, which MoP is too. And WoD. And Legion.
    This is super easy to fix, just start worgen and goblin monks on Exile's Reach.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    You talk like you actually cared.
    Lore does matter but seems like he's just overreacting.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Paladins = warrior + priest

Which means paladins for everyone! Well everyone except for forsaken and velves of course.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is just smokescreen to not give dracthyr other classes, they told before there was not going to be other combos.

Is it bad? no, its something that should have happened years ago, but sadly its just one bomb, they will not do the others, this is allied races and shadowlands customizations all over again, they will do some and forget about forever. DH other races? they will never going to do their customizations for other races.

And, 100% those new class/combos after the ones listed will be heavily biased, they will not go for the ones who will make more sense first, so, using lore as excuse is just lame.

By lore, draeneis and orcs should be druids by now, there is even a female orc druid in asharan, but who will be the next druids? i bet my left leg it will be blood elves, nightbornes and void elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Paladins = warrior + priest

Which means paladins for everyone! Well everyone except for forsaken and velves of course.
    Sir Zeliek was a undead paladin, soa forsaken being one is a possibility, but velves should be impossible because their biology, but guess what? they will be the first ones, cause elves.

Besides, paladins would be down the line(if there will be a down in the line) cause they have to do the sparkly mount

To be honest, Tauren Rogue and Orc Mage/Priest doesn't need any lore to it at all. Just having this makes as much sense as every race having Warriors. These classes are practically staples among any race anyways. About time this change happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    This is super easy to fix, just start worgen and goblin monks on Exile's Reach.
    Oh I agree; we were initially talking about why they never had them to begin with.

I would rather they extend some of the niche classes more, like I would love the play a shaman or druid on horde side on not-so-hideous races.

In general I'm for opening up all races tbh, the player character can be that special that they can at least be on the same level as some ultra niche minior side characters. Let me decide my own backstory.. in case there is a starting zone new combos just start on exiles reach.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Easier doesn’t seem like the right word as they said it would be like being engulfed in flames as the light feels like it burns them from the inside out.
    Alonsus Faol exists, so that lore reason has not been relevant since Legion.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    Alonsus Faol exists, so that lore reason has not been relevant since Legion.
    he's not a paladin, using the light like a priest and being imbued with it like a pally are different things in the lore.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Oh I agree; we were initially talking about why they never had them to begin with.
    I'm honestly surprised they didn't do it when they introduced Exile's Reach. Maybe the animations need a little more polish?

Tauren Rogues

"Clippity Clop Clop, Clippity Clop Clop, I iz shtelfz"

Who TF asked for that...?

Quote Originally Posted by Kharnath View Post
    Tauren Rogues

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=10758/grimtotem-bandit

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Grimtotem_Ambusher

Taurens have been rogues since 2007.

• Use daggers
    • Wear leather
    • Use rogue abilities (Kick)
    • Ambush from stealth

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=10758/grimtotem-bandit

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Grimtotem_Ambusher

Taurens have been rogues since 2007.

• Use daggers
    • Wear leather
    • Use rogue abilities (Kick)
    • Ambush from stealth
    That's all well and good but I (personally) do not acknowledge it, which is also well and good.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Mind as well just allow every race to play every class at this point, given that the lore doesn't matter anymore. Hell, let any race join any faction! Orcish paladins for the Alliance!
    The Worgen i've seen.
    Where's that Orc from?

Man… now I’m gonna want to go fucking orc on my priest for stun reduction.

Christ I hope they nerf that racial some day, that or make all racials cosmetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharnath View Post
    Tauren Rogues

Easiest way to view it is all/most tauren rogues being outlaw aka pirates and mr smite being the best example.

I think it also, at least initially, had to do with both their stater zones being set in the past, and thus can't have a pandaren there.
    Could just force monk goblins and worgen to start on Exile's Reach. New players have to start there anyway, so making that restriction should be an easy fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    I would rather they extend some of the niche classes more, like I would love the play a shaman or druid on horde side on not-so-hideous races.

In general I'm for opening up all races tbh, the player character can be that special that they can at least be on the same level as some ultra niche minior side characters. Let me decide my own backstory.. in case there is a starting zone new combos just start on exiles reach.
    I believe they plan to open up just about everything, but the niche classes are niche because of racial class differences, such as totems for shamans, mounts for paladins, shapeshifts for druids and demonic customization options for DH in additional to their custom metamorphosis forms.

Warriors, rogues, mages, hunters, monks, priests, DKs and warlocks don't really have racially different abilities, so they're easier to add to all races, but warlocks still have lore that would restrict their racial choices, as exposure to fel magic affects different races differently.
    Last edited by Unlimited Power; 2022-04-29 at 08:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

As it can be observed in the Thrall & Saurfang cinematic, stealth is some kind of shadow bullshit magic anyway, so I don't think either hooves nor hulking figure are much of a bother.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Where's that Orc from?
    Kirill Stepanov. Deviantart and Artstation.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    To be honest, Tauren Rogue and Orc Mage/Priest doesn't need any lore to it at all. Just having this makes as much sense as every race having Warriors. These classes are practically staples among any race anyways. About time this change happened.
    Weren't there already tauren rogues in the form of the Grimtotem? And orc mages have been a thing since Cataclysm. Interested in how they'll explain orc priests though.