Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Well, someone on the forums pointed out to how Mag'har Warlocks would be Shadowmoon Necrolytes, using Void and Necromancy. The Fel would be a gameplay aspect only.
    I've never liked that type of reasoning. People say that type of argument for like forsaken priests saying that lore wise they're all shadow.

Well blizz outright stated that holy forsaken priests do exists, they're just beings of willpower as casting the light hurts them, so they exist, just not as common.

You can't have a race running around casting a magic school type and not have some kind of lore to back it up, even if it's whimsical. It's bad for the game and doesn't feel natural.

If maghar are gonna be locks or dhs someday there needs to be something to justify them using fel and not going green, especially DHs.
    Last edited by Varx; 2022-04-30 at 02:32 PM.

That's just at launch too... they said the rest will unlock over time. Its more a art/cosmetic's thing for other classes. I mean they'll have to come up with Totems for all races, druid forms for all races, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Madmartegan View Post
    That's just at launch too... they said the rest will unlock over time. Its more a art/cosmetic's thing for other classes. I mean they'll have to come up with Totems for all races, druid forms for all races, etc.
    And a somewhat decently satisfactory lore explanation for the future class/race combos though some will be easier than others. Night Elf Paladin should be one of the easier ones, though, since we have a few examples now.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Druid, Shaman and Demon hunter are probably gonna be the last ones they do because of the amount of time it takes to implement all that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    And a somewhat decently satisfactory lore explanation for the future class/race combos though some will be easier than others. Night Elf Paladin should be one of the easier ones, though, since we have a few examples now.
    Yeah I would assume that Paladin and Warlock are the next ones considering they're the most requested ones

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe this is asking too much, but I am hoping that eventually they will add some kind of class-specific customization to each race. For example, adding red skin tones only available to Orc Warlocks (and Draenei, if they do get the class in the future). I don't really have the imagination to come up with class specific customization for every class, but it would be really neat if every class had something specific for them depending on the race, the way Death Knights have their own unique skin tones and rot-like appearances. I am well aware of how much work that is, especially with how slow Blizzard are at adding new customization options to our playable races, but I wouldn't call it impossible if they really are planning on opening more race/class combos over time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderment2 View Post
    Didn't stop Drenai or Blood Elves
    The old starter zones (excluding the Cata ones) didn’t actually exist in a specific time - merely “after an event”. How long after an event is never specified which gives them wiggle room.
    Whereas the Cata ones existed “before an event” which is much more limiting to what can be retroactively included.
    (See : death knight allied vs original races for another example)

Anyways, I’m not defending it as I’ve stated several times later in this thread, I’m explaining why Blizzard limited them all those years ago. I fully agree that Exile’s Reach completely removes that limitation and it’s now arbitrary not to include them.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    The old starter zones (excluding the Cata ones) didn’t actually exist in a specific time - merely “after an event”. How long after an event is never specified which gives them wiggle room.
    Whereas the Cata ones existed “before an event” which is much more limiting to what can be retroactively included.
    (See : death knight allied vs original races for another example)

Anyways, I’m not defending it as I’ve stated several times later in this thread, I’m explaining why Blizzard limited them all those years ago. I fully agree that Exile’s Reach completely removes that limitation and it’s now arbitrary not to include them.
    The Drenai and Blood Elves are both set before or just after major events. Namely the Space Goats arrival and the Blood Elves joining the Horde. Unless I'm massively misremembering them.

I would be cautious for anyone to go wild with their expectations btw.

They said they wanted to give everyone heritage armor too. Yet we've seen nothing new on that front since June 2019.

For all races except Dracthyr is my issue here. I still don't like the idea of a race having only a single class. Just my take on it though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    A agree, but for me there's Tltwo extreme outliers, maghar warlocks and DHs.

Hell I'm fine with velf paladins ultimately since the existence of disc priests can be used to spin it somehow.

But how can you justify dh and lock maghar when fel corruption turns orcs green.

What kind of lore can be made up for it???

Idk perhaps lock maghar just meditate to hold back the corruption, okay that could work.

But what about DHs, can meditation be Enough when you're fused with a freaking demon soul??

Hell what about a LF DH, would that be like the maiden fight from Tomb of sargeras? Actually that meta form would look pretty sick.
    DH is an Hero class, not a regular one...

but Draenei can be turned in Man'ari. We got a quest on Argus where childs are kidnapped for turned them into Man'ari.
    They can add a customization options to turn Draenei/LF into Man'ari and allow them to became DH.

Lightforged Draenei as an Ally Race was a mistake... turn a "customization option" into a new race was a bad idea, and if one day Yrel will turn into a "bad guy", that will be even worse.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Guess that is cool for all those Tauren and Goblins out there.

Shame there is not a single new class added to the Void Elves, while still the Belfs can be whatever they want. But hey, gotta be Horde to get the cool stuff, right?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Guess that is cool for all those Tauren and Goblins out there.

Shame there is not a single new class added to the Void Elves, while still the Belfs can be whatever they want. But hey, gotta be Horde to get the cool stuff, right?

Sure, gonna play my blood elf shaman right now.

and, goblins were already mages, rogues and priests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    And all of that is entirely inconsequential when none of that is reflected ingame at all.
    Agreed and we both know why that is. Sunwalkers are the most obvious example of the cognitive dissonnance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post

Also again, since Legion and Alonsus Faol that is simply no longer true. The guy is not a shadow priest last time I checked.
    Ever hear the prase "Unique Exceptions"? Lorthaxion (LF Nathrezim), Anduin (Plate-wearing Priest but definitely not a Pally) and Calia Menethi (Rezzed but not the same as other Undead) are a few other examples. They are exceptions, not the norm.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    I've never liked that type of reasoning. People say that type of argument for like forsaken priests saying that lore wise they're all shadow.

Well blizz outright stated that holy forsaken priests do exists, they're just beings of willpower as casting the light hurts them, so they exist, just not as common.

You can't have a race running around casting a magic school type and not have some kind of lore to back it up, even if it's whimsical. It's bad for the game and doesn't feel natural.

If maghar are gonna be locks or dhs someday there needs to be something to justify them using fel and not going green, especially DHs.
    You mean like Holy Void elf Priest? Or Shadow Lightforged Draenei Priest? Or Holy Mag'har Priest?
    None of which makes sense lorewise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogue tauren ohyaaa XD cant wait.

Tauren rogue just seems wrong, but some of the other stuff seem more logical and okay. I just imagine the hoofs knocking on the ground and giving up the location of the rogue xD That should be totally part of the game. If counterstrike has it, why not make Tauren rogues like that. Might even make those 5.1 sound systems useful for once in WoW!

But then, you think of the buccaneer's rogues and all the pirates from BFA/the card game/Hearthstone and it does start to make sense. It's only kind of silly if it's the stealthy kind of rogue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Tauren only can become rogues now because goblins invented a hoof softener.
    If that did happen as a joke, I sure wish those softeners were 2 pillows with a rope LOL.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    DH is an Hero class, not a regular one...

but Draenei can be turned in Man'ari. We got a quest on Argus where childs are kidnapped for turned them into Man'ari.
    They can add a customization options to turn Draenei/LF into Man'ari and allow them to became DH.

Lightforged Draenei as an Ally Race was a mistake... turn a "customization option" into a new race was a bad idea, and if one day Yrel will turn into a "bad guy", that will be even worse.
    dk is hero class too and now everyone can be dk

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Warlock and Paladin in particular will have specific lore reasons ingame Holinka said

- - - Updated - - -

Whenever we do get the Draenei locks, I do hope it also comes bundled with some unique cosmetics like red skin and such, that would be sick
    Lorewise, they should be PVP-flagged with respect to all other Draenei at all times.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfals View Post
    Tauren rogue just seems wrong, but some of the other stuff seem more logical and okay. I just imagine the hoofs knocking on the ground and giving up the location of the rogue xD That should be totally part of the game. If counterstrike has it, why not make Tauren rogues like that. Might even make those 5.1 sound systems useful for once in WoW!.
    you guys rly are having some weird expectations on cow hooves, probably from movies, this is not a horse with a iron horseshoe galloping, cows walking can be very silently.

Besides, its canon that stealth in wow is MAGIC based, making you invisible and undetectable, meaning it erase your sound and your smell, otherwise forsakens/udneads would not be rogues, cause everyone would smell a rotting corpse walking

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    You mean like Holy Void elf Priest? Or Shadow Lightforged Draenei Priest? Or Holy Mag'har Priest?
    None of which makes sense lorewise.
    What are you talking about, all of then make sense lorewise.

A priest can wield both powers as they wish, you do not become a holy saint or a old god worshiper just because you can dabble with other forces, or force then toy our will.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    What are you talking about, all of then make sense lorewise.

A priest can wield both powers as they wish, you do not become a holy saint or a old god worshiper just because you can dabble with other forces, or force then toy our will.
    No. They do not make sense.
    A Void being cannot wield the Holy Light at the same time. It will cause an explosion. Same thing with the opposite. A Holy being wielding the opposite force would cause a volatile reaction.
    As for Mag'har, learn the lore. They are Shadowmoon Orcs who dabble in the Void. They have nothing to do with the Light. And no, they are not Lightbound.