Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Did something happen? I thought he bent over backwards simping for WoW but I don't recall him being bad, unless there was some sort of incident on twitter or something.
    https://www.twitch.tv/taliesinandevi...kTIaJpHj84vbpD

Prime example here.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Don't know the context for it but that was pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by The Vindicator View Post
    No, dropping racial slurs to describe someone is done when you're racist

A non-racist person doesn't say ni**a just to be offensive, there's plenty of other ways to do that
    Non-racist people don't use gamer words just like non-assholes don't harass people for buying store mounts. Huh. Funny how that works.

- - - Updated - - -

Now that you brought it up... huh. /wowg/ is talking about this thread. Just not talking about you.
    That's a first, considering the popularity of the "Barry" meme and the fact that my fucking avatar with "it's all so tiresome" under it is one of the most commonly posted images on the board.

Did something happen? I thought he bent over backwards simping for WoW but I don't recall him being bad, unless there was some sort of incident on twitter or something.
    There's quite a few stories in regards to Taliesin and how the guy seems to very much put on a smile and good face for Youtube videos but acts very...erratic (which is frankly an understatement) when he's streaming.

People had some stories on him to share in the thread:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...ce-on-April-27

I want to highlight this post in particular, because it summarizes a lot of his questionable behavior and stances on certain issues
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...il-27/page3#53
    Thanks for the link.
    Don't know the context for it but that was pretty funny.
    Context:
    Taliesin complains about Viera looking a lot like Playboy buny girls, which he thinks is bad because oversexualization.
    Viewer says that other games are a lot worse.
    Taliesin reasons that it doesn't make it okay, stating that if your neighbor kills his wife, it doesn't make it okay because Hitler is still worse.
    Viewer asks whether he seriously compared bunnygirls to Hitler.

Cue the clip from there.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2022-04-28 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    "You can't be harassed in-game, just quit the game!"

"You can't be harassed online, just quit all online apps!"

"You can't be harassed at school or the workplace, just quit them!"

Harassment is not acceptable anywhere and you do not get to choose who is and who isn't an acceptable victim. Blizzard was absolutely in the right in clamping down on this.
    Lol imagine being this triggered over people doing an in-game emote on you in a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    He is REALLY toxic to people during his streams. Like to the point where I'm shocked he hasn't gotten banned yet.
    You have literally been here for the entire thread complaining about Asmongold. Take a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    There's quite a few stories in regards to Taliesin and how the guy seems to very much put on a smile and good face for Youtube videos but acts very...erratic (which is frankly an understatement) when he's streaming.

I want to highlight this post in particular, because it summarizes a lot of his questionable behavior and stances on certain issues
    Interesting. Thanks for the link.

Context:
    Taliesin complains about Viera looking a lot like Playboy buny girls, which he thinks is bad because oversexualization.
    Taliesin reasons that it doesn't make it okay, stating that if your neighbor kills his wife, it doesn't make it okay because Hitler is still worse.

Cue the clip from there.
    I don't understand why people choose to play a game that doesn't fit their aesthetic tastes, and then complain that the game doesn't fit their aesthetic tastes. The raunchiness of FFXIV relatively compared to the increasingly prudish WoW was one of its most touted selling points. There is no way he could have been surprised by that going into FFXIV.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Lol imagine being this triggered over people doing an in-game emote on you in a video game.
    Imagine being this much of a dick that you feel the need to victim blame instead of punish harassment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    That's just a youtuber grift for saying dumb stuff in the moment that you don't have to hold yourself to. It's like saying the "nostalgia critic" is a character. The real guy has the exact same personality.

The classic “it was just a joke bruh!”. Forgot what this is called.

I don't understand why people choose to play a game that doesn't fit their aesthetic tastes, and then complain that the game doesn't fit their aesthetic tastes. The raunchiness of FFXIV relatively compared to the increasingly prudish WoW was one of its most touted selling points. There is no way he could have been surprised by that going into FFXIV.
    It's treating on thin ice because of the nature of the topic is politics, but when you follow that guy on social media, you quickly realize that he belongs into the political camp that has issues when females are portrayed in a way that could be seen as oversexualized.

Nevermind that this clip is from a time where a lot of streamers went over to FF14 and since Streamers are in some way herd animals, they follow the crowd even if they have issues with a certain game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    is Ion well? He seems to not be able to relax n sit still..
    He could of been reading stuff on another screen related to work or he could be getting msgs fron pr about what not to say

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    • The PTR is important for gathering important feedback, but they recognize that it lessens the sense of discovery.

It does, but on the other hand we really don't need a redux of Blackwing Lair. https://youtu.be/Falm0H7VEiQ?t=823

Quote Originally Posted by mst3kfan View Post
    Why Ion agreed to do an interview with Asmongold is beyond me. The guy is a wack job. I guess kudos to Ion for sitting through the idiocy.
    desperation .

their PR stunt compeltly failed

yesterday twitter stunt compeltly bombed and failed

so he had to pay Asmongold hoping for miracle.

but no matter how long Ion will keep polishing it its will just still be the same .... as SL untill they change core eleemnts of game and go away from overtunign content

Thanks for the link.

Context:

Cue the clip from there.
    lmao. I always got the fake nice guy vibes from their youtube videos. Nice to see i was spot on with him.

i love how in the post interview chit chat they are wondering if they play FF14 together (asmon preach rich and quinn) and mock classic and seasons of mastery

pure comedy .

showing real state of retail and classic.

nobody wants to play it atm.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    This is what I thought as well. Not sure why people think the sword thing is unresolved. However, it is true that Blizzard moves on from major plot points, never to be heard from or mentioned again.
    A giant demonic sword is right next to where C'Thun was. There has to be a future storyline there somewhere.

Because people don't care about that. They go in a new environment and they want it to change to THEIR taste. It's everyone else that should change, not them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Imagine being this much of a dick that you feel the need to victim blame instead of punish harassment.
    14 pages and you’re still whining. Please touch grass you’re derailing the thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mst3kfan View Post
    Your point? Trump had/has a huge following too, and look at how that ended. If you follow a stupid person, doesn't that make you at least as stupid as they are?
    Point is, exposure to Dragonflight. Trump had/has a huge following and was a President of a country, if that doesn't show you "product" sells, i don't know what will.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    14 pages and you’re still whining. Please touch grass you’re derailing the thread.
    I'm flattered that you're obsessed with me but I'm not interested.