Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    It's an ongoing joke from Asmon's stream about how they ignore major expansion plot points after moving past them.

ie: Sargeras stabs the entire planet, but the intro of Dragonflight says "the world is healing". It's still got a giant fuckoff sword stabbed in it, completely unresolved, that no one is talking about.
    Didn't they say that we resolved it? We cleansed it of the corruption that was actually killing the planet by draining all of our artifact weapons, and now it's effectively just a big splinter, relatively harmless?

Great interview. Also this is one of best threads on MMO champ, lots of entertainment.

If they're removing borrowed power there goddamn better be more gear drops throughout the entire game, We need more gear to drop not less. It's $21 a month Canadian to play this game, more than any other mmo on the market and the rest are not even close to as stingy with loot like wow is.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    He actively told people to spam /spit on every single person they saw on a store mount. He knew exactly what he was doing.
    You can turn off emotes from appearing in chat. If all he said was spam /spit, and people go further than that, it's a lot harder to put the blame on him when people do indeed go further. Did he light the flame that eventually led to a forest fire? Sure, but it was idiots who poured gasoline on it.

Put another way, he was criticizing Blizzard and the people throwing money at them in a way he disagreed with by being up-front and personal with the people doing the buying. It was meant to stop there, a very obvious way to show your displeasure at the group causing perceived problems with the game you enjoy that can be easily ignored, but would at least be something the person on the receiving end would be aware of.

Then the more rabid parts of his fanbase took that and ran with it, turning into serial harassers and absolutely going too far.

You might not consider it a 'noble cause', but Asmon wasn't trying to get people chased out of the game, or have people whispering them harassment, at least not from what I can tell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    We don't know how he lives because he purposely doesn't reveal his life. Whether you're a good or bad person, streamers with a lot of money get targeted in real life. Just look at SWATing. He admits to being a multi-millionaire. He definitely doesn't live like he's in poverty.
    Lolwut. You really must not watch his streams. He absolutely reveals his life, talking about what he does and streaming it sometimes too. Whether its avoiding the cops because he hasn't gotten his car inspected for years, shopping at the local thrift stores for clothes, or only knowing how to make steak and potatoes. What do you want, someone to follow him around with a camera 24/7?

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    If they're removing borrowed power there goddamn better be more gear drops throughout the entire game, We need more gear to drop not less. It's $21 a month Canadian to play this game, more than any other mmo on the market and the rest are not even close to as stingy with loot like wow is.
    Such an odd reason to point out why you need more gear lol. Different games have different gearing systems, kinda how it works.

It just blows my mind that Asmongold can only be chatting on his Twitch stream and he'll have 80k-90k people watching. I'm not hating on him. He can definitely be interesting to listen to.

Most things will be account wide.. Man i hope you keep that promise. Master Loot being brought back.. once again.. It should been an option Master loot or personal loot.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    Most things will be account wide.. Man i hope you keep that promise. Master Loot being brought back.. once again.. It should been an option Master loot or personal loot.
    That would be amazing, also I haven’t played in a minute so forgive me but is there any catch up mechanic when it comes to gearing alts? Or is the gearing process essentially the same pace as your main

Quote Originally Posted by Dropakeg View Post
    I watched to learn about the expansion. Asmon asked thoughtful questions, Ion for once answered plainly instead of total lawyerspeak.

All in all, great interview, and if you think your opinion of a YouTuber means jack squat to Blizz, you have no idea how marketing, PR and business work.

Michael Jordan grew up in Chicago and has voted Democrat his whole life - but he never talked about it, because "Republicans buy sneakers too."

You don't have to watch Asmon, that's fine. Blizz wants to sell more games, and appealing to the broadest possible base is in their financial interest, and ultimately yours, because if the proof of concept for an engaging expansion not focused on bullcrap to keep you playing because you have to succeeds, we will see more of it in the future.
    Michael Jordan didn’t grow up in Chicago, and as far as I know he’s critiqued both Republicans and Democrats and has never mentioned his political affiliation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    What does borrowed power have to do with gear?

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    in post interview bants Asmon admited that it was PR team who contacted him and that questions were preaproved before interview.

it as so obvious they dont care anymore - i mean after interview they spend like 15 minutes discussing new amazing weapons in FF14 instead interview itself

and then they were mocking classic and season of mastery

is this is what PR department wanted to happen - well they succeded

what a beutiful disaster
    What rubbish, you've just pulled that and manipulated it to fit your agenda.

Asmon did say the PR contacted them and that they did approve his questions beforehand, BUT he also said in the same sentence that they approved all the questions he submitted and that because it was only 30 minutes beforehand that they wanted to make sure they were prepared to be able to best answer his questions. Asmon literally agreed with their approach. The context of that reveal was literally one of positive review towards Blizzard and how they went about it.

Rich: "They approved our list in 30 minutes, it was the easiest it's ever been to set up an interview and the whole thing was a really pleasant experience"

You: OMG pre-approved they clearly dont care and just trying to talk about what they want ... yeah, no.

It's honestly quite irritating that people will just spout stuff like you have and take things completely out of context.

They did talk about FF14 yes and some negatives of WoW but were providing critique and how they feel it would be improved. It was clearly intended as a grey area where they were talking about the best and worst parts of WoW, not just mocking everything.
    Last edited by csguba; 2022-04-29 at 02:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by csguba View Post
    What rubbish, you've just pulled that and manipulated it to fit your agenda.

Asmon did say the PR contacted them and that they did approve his questions beforehand, BUT he also said in the same sentence that they approved all the questions he submitted and that because it was only 30 minutes beforehand that they wanted to make sure they were prepared to be able to best answer his questions. Asmon literally agreed with their approach. The context of that reveal was literally one of positive review towards Blizzard and how they went about it.

Rich: "They approved our list in 30 minutes, it was the easiest it's ever been to set up an interview and the whole thing was a really pleasant experience"

You: OMG pre-approved they clearly dont care and just trying to talk about what they want ... yeah, no.

It's honestly quite irritating that people will just spout stuff like you have and take things completely out of context.

They did talk about FF14 yes and some negatives of WoW but were providing critique and how they feel it would be improved. It was clearly intended as a grey area where they were talking about the best and worst parts of WoW, not just mocking everything.
    Not to mention that Rich confirmed that they were the ones that reached out and it was surprisingly easy to set it up. Apparently the new community manager is super friendly with them. This did not happen due to blizzard action. But due to asmons. As I said, I not really a big fan of the guy, but the interview was good and they took the necessary steps to bridge the gap.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

The commenters who are against Ion interviewing Asmon, have basically branded themvelves as simple minded people who have strong opinions on things they dont fully research or understand. Asmon is good for the community. I dont watch any streamer but ive seen enough to understand that part of his fan base are "toxic, and he always puts them in their place. Hes a genuinine guy who doesnt filter his opinions through the lens of "is anyone going to get offended. And there is plenty of WoW influencers who do just the opposite. Saying that there is no room for someone like Asmon as an influencer is a an opinion of a person who i would want nothing to do with in real life full of themselves and missing the bigger picture

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    It's more telling about you LMAO.

The fact that neither you nor anyone else whining about Asmongold's existence has actually criticised his style of interview or his content is telling a lot. All people write here is say how much they hate him (because they are too stupid to know what sarcasm or playing a character is) without writing anything that is actually true in any case.
    It's more telling about me that I think that dismissing all criticism of someone as jealousy is lazy and silly? Okay. People are free to dislike anyone or anything that you personally like for any reason that they want to and it doesn't have to stem from jealousy. I'm also not sure why you're lumping me in with people who you think are "whining about his existence." - I'm more or less indifferent to Asmongold. I don't go out of my way to watch his content, but I'll watch it if someone posts it and the subject matter is interesting enough. Most of the time that I see videos of his linked he's complaining about the game though, and I understand why people could find that annoying. This particular interview was REALLY dull and that had nothing to do with Asmongold's character. You could have replaced him with any other creator with the same questions and it would have been just as dull.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

I liked the mood but I felt the interview itself was rather lacking in actual information. Banter is all well and good but it didn't feel like there was much meat to it.

Pleasant to listen to so points for trying but I think it missed the mark as an informative interview.

Do you understand that there are 20 pages of reports about how bad he is?
    Some of the things he did are pretty bad, but he admits it.
    And it's okay not to like a streamer.
    But it feels like he ate the dog of some users.
    It seems to me that in our time people want to destroy a person for one or two mistakes. But sometimes people can grow and become better.
    It's especially funny how MMO gamers can't handle the idea that people can take a break from WoW and play other games.
    Since vanilla, users have complained about the problems of the game and continued to play, but when the streamer does it, it's bad.
    For example, back in BC, some people complained that the lore retcon did not make sense right away, like in the last addon.
    I don't watch his streams or videos that often but people are often biased towards popular streamers.
    I watched his podcast with Bellular and he's not such a terrible person.
    P.s - sorry for bad English skills
    P.s - Blizzard's reputation isn't in very good shape either, but we're playing their game.
    Last edited by AndreyTsy; 2022-04-29 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Mistake

Quote Originally Posted by AndreyTsy View Post
    Do you understand that there are 20 pages of reports about how bad he is?
    Some of the things he did are pretty bad, but he admits it.
    And it's okay not to like a streamer.
    But it feels like he ate the dog of some users.
    It seems to me that in our time people want to destroy a person for one or two mistakes. But sometimes people can grow and become better.
    It's especially funny how MMO gamers can't handle the idea that people can take a break from WoW and play other games.
    Since vanilla, users have complained about the problems of the game and continued to play, but when the streamer does it, it's bad.
    For example, back in BC, some people complained that the lore retcon did not make sense right away, like in the last addon.
    I don't watch his streams or videos that often but people are often biased towards popular streamers.
    I watched his podcast with Bellular and he's not such a terrible person.
    P.s - sorry for bad English skills
    There are some seriously old farts on this site who just in general don't like/know what streamers are.

I wouldn't mind that too much, they'll be gone with the time anyways, I just hope I'll be more open minded when at that age.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    There are some seriously old farts on this site who just in general don't like/know what streamers are.

I wouldn't mind that too much, they'll be gone with the time anyways, I just hope I'll be more open minded when at that age.
    Hmm I don't think cancel culture is an old person's game. Theirs is the racism, bigotry and other such things. The age of mindless cancellations is brought to us by the younger generations.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    Ion addressed why masterloot went away and how they are trying to bring it back. Basically personal loot limits the possible loot pool by setting rules (such as class), rules that didn't exist for group loot. When they blew up the loot system and created personal loot, it created an issue where master loot just couldn't exist anymore. They tried bringing it back but because personal loot, it's been creating issues, such as stacking a raid with one armor type to throw off the loot tables, if group loot was turned on in that situation, it would create too much of a gear bonanza and screw up progression.

I don't know why he never said this before. I think he could have saved himself headaches actually explaining the tech limitation.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I don't know why he never said this before. I think he could have saved himself headaches actually explaining the tech limitation.
    They could have saved themselves two expansions worth of headaches and never removed ML in the first place.