Page 1 of 2
LastLast

10.0 Alt friendliness and... achievements?

Dragonflight currently seems to be toting a lot about how alt friendly it is. However, if you play the game in the same way I do, I still feel stuck on one toon. I am a huge achievement farmer but for some strange reason I can't get over the fact that every achieve I have says "Earned by" my main. Basically, with this upcoming alt friendly expansion I would LOVE to see all achieves and progression go account wide! Say for example I'm enjoying an alt and a rare spawn pops up. I'm supposed to switch to my main and run there as fast as I can? Or play 1 class for all 100 wins of the same bg without it feeling stale? At the end of the day I feel like it is my account and they are my achieves no matter who I'm playing as at the time and that my achieve score should reflect my actual achieve score on any character. I'm pretty sure Blizzard has said something about each toon sort of having their own adventure but re-earning the same achieves is not for me. Does anyone else feel this way or am I just asking for something trivial? Thanks!

It would be a big quality of life improvement. Some of the WQs in SL are a bit anus to get, like 'What Bastion Remembered' or Oozing with Character Nerco daily in Korthia.

Hopefully there will be some changes to ease up on this shitty endless grind Blizz put us through to get toys/mounts

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually DON'T want the game to be alt friendly, when it comes to collectibles.

I want it alt friendly for leveling and gearing, raiding, M+, pvp etc but NOT farming mounts, pets, toys etc.

This entire game, like any role playing game, is sorta built on the foundation to continue your character over the years and expansions, and make it better and more accomplished.

I have played the same Rogue since 2005, never ever had a different main. 20 000 hours on the Rogue, and less than 500 on all alts combined. I do not ever wanna play other characters and it SUCKS and breaks the one-hero-adventure immersion of role playing games if you feel forced to play alts to get things more efficiently. Hence, I wish all mounts etc had an accountwide cooldown. Increase the drop rate a little and make it only being able to drop ONCE per week per account. No more farming Love rockets on multiple characters etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I actually DON'T want the game to be alt friendly, when it comes to collectibles.

I want it alt friendly for leveling and gearing, raiding, M+, pvp etc but NOT farming mounts, pets, toys etc.

This entire game, like any role playing game, is sorta built on the foundation to continue your character over the years and expansions, and make it better and more accomplished.

I have played the same Rogue since 2005, never ever had a different main. 20 000 hours on the Rogue, and less than 500 on all alts combined. I do not ever wanna play other characters and it SUCKS and breaks the one-hero-adventure immersion of role playing games if you feel forced to play alts to get things more efficiently. Hence, I wish all mounts etc had an accountwide cooldown. Increase the drop rate a little and make it only being able to drop ONCE per week per account. No more farming Love rockets on multiple characters etc.
    You must be fun at parties - good that blizzard isn't asking you for "improvements" for the game.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

I wish they could make achievement progress shared between the characters, but to make all of them accountwide? I dunno, I like going to Ulduar on new alt and see milions of achievs pop up again. Part of the fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    You must be fun at parties - good that blizzard isn't asking you for "improvements" for the game.

Really? Do you think it's good to have 10 000 things to collect, that are bound to RNG and are extremely time consuming. Why does a zone need 10 rare mount drops? It's just a cheap trick by Blizzard to get people to play more. They think quanitity make people re-sub rather than quality. They lose subscribers all the time and this is a big reason.

Idk about this specific complaint, but what they say they are doing and what they are actually doing are two different things. For years now they have relied quite heavily on alt timesinks to keep people engaged and the money rolling in, and I doubt they would just suddenly do away with that. They will get your time one way or the other.

7+ Year Old Account
    Really? Do you think it's good to have 10 000 things to collect, that are bound to RNG and are extremely time consuming. Why does a zone need 10 rare mount drops? It's just a cheap trick by Blizzard to get people to play more. They think quanitity make people re-sub rather than quality. They lose subscribers all the time and this is a big reason.
    Because I love collecting things? A zone should have 50 rare mount drops, and they should always release all the recolours they have. More options are always good.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

What's "a little" you imagine Blizzard would realistically increase drop rates by? Maybe like 5 times the current drop rate?

That pales in comparison to the, in some cases 50 characters that some collectors choose to farm with.

And god knows Blizzard won't increase drop rates by upwards of 50 times the current amount. Most mounts are already in the 1/300 to 1/33 ranges. Imagine if all the 1/100 mounts suddenly dropped at a 1/2 drop rate.

It'll only ever be a net loss for collectors.
    Last edited by Unlimited Power; 2022-05-06 at 01:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I love collecting things? A zone should have 50 rare mount drops, and they should always release all the recolours they have. More options are always good.
    But the collecting has gone too extreme. I wanna collect stuff too, but I want a realistic chance to get 100%. We had it really good back in the day up to around WoD. After that, collecting has escalated completely.

But the collecting has gone too extreme. I wanna collect stuff too, but I want a realistic chance to get 100%. We had it really good back in the day up to around WoD. After that, collecting has escalated completely.
    i'd say MoP but I agree with this so much.. I used to enjoy collecting but then it got out of hand and I just stopped, and guess what played less and less. Knowing they can add bad luck protection but don't makes it even more infuriating.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    i'd say MoP but I agree with this so much.. I used to enjoy collecting but then it got out of hand and I just stopped, and guess what played less and less. Knowing they can add bad luck protection but don't makes it even more infuriating.
    I don't like the amount of collectables, but I would accept it as long as you could farm efficiently on ONE character. Make cooldown/lockout for mount drops from raids, rare mobs etc accountwide.

Making everything accountwide was the biggest mistake they ever made.

I don't like the amount of collectables, but I would accept it as long as you could farm efficiently on ONE character. Make cooldown/lockout for mount drops from raids, rare mobs etc accountwide.

I love account-wide stuff, but I think account lockouts for some drops are also a good idea, or limits so you don't have people feeling "forced" to log 23144343 toons for a mount. It's a really poor design in the modern gaming era anyways. Then again people hate me cause I'd be selling older expac mounts on the store by now, along with putting every single dropped item from older expac on badge vendors giving people 3 ways to collect old drops. Store (for mounts), RNG, or badge collection.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

20 000 hours on the Rogue, (...)
    Lol. Talk about wasting 2.5 years of your life.

You know, the things you're saying are not mutually exclusive.

I actually agree with the idea of making chances higher but remove the multi-character farm aspect. I have more fun doing something regularly with decent chances at getting the reward i aim for, compared to being able to it 10x times to get to the same chance of dropping. I can use multiple characters to camp different stuff, but i won't need to camp the same stuff with 10 characters to maximize drops.

When you get it though, i'm more than fine to have it on my account and not on that specific character. In the end it's still time i spend on the game and exactly because it's not gear/character power, i see no reason to be tied to a single character. Actually, Ion in the Asmongold interview said that one of the points for making stuff account wide or not is checking if it's actually fun to redo it multiple times. I'm a huge fan of "it may take very long but once it's done it's done".

As for achievement specifically, i would like to just be able to see my achievement points as account wide, as a total. Just looks strange in guild info to see i have 2000ish ponts on a random char and then press Y and see 24k
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Lol. Talk about wasting 2.5 years of your life.
    Do you think it's less of a waste if it's multiple classes?

Also time you spent doing something you enjoy, is not time wasted.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, I like extremes. And there is no need to get 100% of all achievements/pets/transmogs/mounts.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspawn View Post
    Dragonflight currently seems to be toting a lot about how alt friendly it is. However, if you play the game in the same way I do, I still feel stuck on one toon. I am a huge achievement farmer but for some strange reason I can't get over the fact that every achieve I have says "Earned by" my main. Basically, with this upcoming alt friendly expansion I would LOVE to see all achieves and progression go account wide! Say for example I'm enjoying an alt and a rare spawn pops up. I'm supposed to switch to my main and run there as fast as I can? Or play 1 class for all 100 wins of the same bg without it feeling stale? At the end of the day I feel like it is my account and they are my achieves no matter who I'm playing as at the time and that my achieve score should reflect my actual achieve score on any character. I'm pretty sure Blizzard has said something about each toon sort of having their own adventure but re-earning the same achieves is not for me. Does anyone else feel this way or am I just asking for something trivial? Thanks!
    I feel you, i feel like i had earned my "Battlemaster" achievement ten times over by the time i got it.
    On the other hand: I know how annoying it is to be forced into doing something you do not like, and this way they would start shrugging even harder when some achievement is barely possible on one class, but easy on another.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    the sad truth right here

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I like extremes. And there is no need to get 100% of all achievements/pets/transmogs/mounts.
    if you can't complete a game, why even bother? some players are achievers, meaning their aim is to beat a game. if you can't beat a game, then there is simply no point.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    the sad truth right here

- - - Updated - - -

if you can't complete a game, why even bother? some players are achievers, meaning their aim is to beat a game. if you can't beat a game, then there is simply no point.
    But you can beat the game? The only mounts that you aren't 100% garanteed to get are the pvp and m+ seasonal ones if you aren't playing the content. Anything else is easily farmable. And that's how it always was.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh also, I got almost all Shadowlands mounts with ease. You know what I still don't have? All the annoying garrison invasion mounts, from .... right .... WoD. The one you praise so much. More mounts doesn't mean you can't get all of them.

#TEAMGIRAFFE