Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Decided not to wait until Dragonflight, went ahead and did a Name Change; my Kul Tiran Outlaw Rogue is now named "Byron"...

Figured it might be smart to do the name change now rather than wait, good possibility if I waited for DF itself I might have the name sniped before I completed the Name Change...?

Hoping Blizz will give Tauren Rogues a questline that culminates in the awarding of the title "the Tauren Rogue"...! ;^p

Quote Originally Posted by B01L View Post
    Decided not to wait until Dragonflight, went ahead and did a Name Change; my Kul Tiran Outlaw Rogue is now named "Byron"...

Figured it might be smart to do the name change now rather than wait, good possibility if I waited for DF itself I might have the name sniped before I completed the Name Change...?

Hoping Blizz will give Tauren Rogues a questline that culminates in the awarding of the title "the Tauren Rogue"...! ;^p
    You get a free name change with race change so not a very smart move. And you can reserve a name by making a lvl 1 alt then deleting it when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoSe7eN View Post
    I'm so glad I stopped playing this game. All immersion, common sense, logic, and lore love thrown right out the fucking door.

Let's add undead pallies next. I mean, why not right. And while we are at it, orc pallies, dranei warlocks, and Gnome demon hunters. And let's forget cool new classes like Necromancers, chronomancers, and transmog options for hunter and warlock pet skins.

Dumb. So fucking dumb. Wow is pure garbage now. No interest in ever returning. I left mid BFA and haven't looked back. Doesn't look like I'll be returning. I hung around here and wowhead to keep up with lore, but maybe not even that will be a thing for me anymore.

Fuck WoW.
    So, you come here to complain about a game you dont play, makes sense...

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoSe7eN View Post
    I'm so glad I stopped playing this game. All immersion, common sense, logic, and lore love thrown right out the fucking door.

Let's add undead pallies next. I mean, why not right. And while we are at it, orc pallies, dranei warlocks, and Gnome demon hunters. And let's forget cool new classes like Necromancers, chronomancers, and transmog options for hunter and warlock pet skins.

Dumb. So fucking dumb. Wow is pure garbage now. No interest in ever returning. I left mid BFA and haven't looked back. Doesn't look like I'll be returning. I hung around here and wowhead to keep up with lore, but maybe not even that will be a thing for me anymore.

Fuck WoW.
    Undead Paladins have been in the game for a long time. From whenever they revamped Stratholme's live side.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    I'm in full support of it.

Honestly with how long the races have been comingling, I don't think most class/race combos to be added would even require new lore.

Where did orcs learn to be paladins from? The blood elves, for example. If the cenarian circle will accept trolls, tauren and worgen, why not teach other races interested in becoming druids?

The only cases IMO where race/class combos should be restricted at this point are where it's either an impossibility for a race to be a class (which I don't think is the case for draenei/tauren rogues. Especially considering the outlaw spec which isn't stealth focused anyway.) Or cases where a class requires a specific timeline like demon hunters. (Even then I wouldn't mind having a new demon hunter experience added where they recruit new races.) Or where there are race specific forms etc they would need time to work on.

Let people play what they want and come up with their own RP backstories if they want to.
    I have a feeling that the druidic races are going to be restricted to Azeroth-natives. It doesn't make much sense for an alien to connect with the emerald dream of Azeroth (Orcs/Draenei).

But Darkspear Trolls, Night Elves, Tauren, Highmountain Tauren, Zandalari, and Kul Tirans are all natives to Azeroth.

They had a really opportune moment to add a unique druid race for Alliance with Mechagnome (Alliance are behind by 1 in races that can be druid). They could have made them into transformers, using magi-tech to resonate their technology on the same frequency as Azeroth's natural magics to put them in tune with the emerald dream and channel the powers --- there were already models for robotic bears, cats, etc. as well. But they chose not to do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

I don't see any reason those from other worlds couldn't connect to nature on Azeroth. It didn't stop shamans from Draenor communing with elements in Azeroth. Nor did the night elves visiting Draenor in BC have any issue that I recall.

15+ Year Old Account
    Makes sense, disguise oneself as a cow and then open up on unsuspecting farmers

When so much else has been put int he Mixed of Homogenization this is kinda overdue. See nothing wrong with it personally.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Draenei & Tauren rogues have been playable thru RNG of using https://www.wowhead.com/item=30542/d...ripper-area-52 when a transporter malfunction occurred since BC. my gnome rogue got to experience each one for about one hour. the animations for stealthing. rogues abilities etc have been in the game for 16 years. blizzard did all the work back then, just a matter of making it a perma race option.

there were also many other effects and race/spec/class combos that weren't perma playable you could get flipped to

not sure if https://www.wowhead.com/tbc/item=305...shleys-station did the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    Undead Paladins have been in the game for a long time. From whenever they revamped Stratholme's live side.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a feeling that the druidic races are going to be restricted to Azeroth-natives. It doesn't make much sense for an alien to connect with the emerald dream of Azeroth (Orcs/Draenei).
    There's already an orc druid in canon

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Rala_Wildheart

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    Can confirm it did...and back then stealthing actually cycled through the races..then they fixed it

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post

They also took a gigantic dump on lore at this point, so its clearly the case that anyone from any world can worship elune and become druidic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

I think others will hear them coming in stealth.

They also took a gigantic dump on lore at this point, so its clearly the case that anyone from any world can worship elune and become druidic.
    I mean..Elune is essentially a goddess its not like "Hey that world is cool the rest of the universe can fuck off"

Quote Originally Posted by Wylyth1992 View Post
    This has to be a troll. Like, seriously, there is nothing preventing Draenei and Tauren (lore wise) from being Rogues. Seriously, hooved animals in real life are fully able to be stealthy. And as for Priests, this is more of a thing of Priests having both the Light based Holy and Discipline specs and the Void based Shadow spec.

Also, a cool name for a Forsaken Paladin order would be "The Flagellants". You know, since they feel pain when the use the Light.
    Yeah, imagine how stealthy can be in real life the tallest NBA players with the body shape of The Rock.

Wonder why Japanese didn’t use sumo fighters as ninjas, also.

Tauren/Draenei rogues make zero sense. Or better, they could have sense as Pirates or Brawlers or Outlaws or whatever but them being able to stealth and vanish should be forbidden. BUT gnome and goblin warriors made no sense either for example, still they do exist since ages in WoW, so I guess everything is just fine nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Can confirm it did...and back then stealthing actually cycled through the races..then they fixed it
    There is no confirmation that she is a druid...?

Sure she says she fights with "teeth and claws" but that might be just a metaphor. She doesn't use any druidic abilities, she might as well be a shaman...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Yeah, imagine how stealthy can be in real life the tallest NBA players with the body shape of The Rock.

Wonder why Japanese didn’t use sumo fighters as ninjas, also.

Tauren/Draenei rogues make zero sense. Or better, they could have sense as Pirates or Brawlers or Outlaws or whatever but them being able to stealth and vanish should be forbidden. BUT gnome and goblin warriors made no sense either for example, still they do exist since ages in WoW, so I guess everything is just fine nowadays.
    Yeah in a game with dragons, demons, world tearing magic of all kinds, gnomes tanking giants and other high end fantasy stuff, Tauren and dreanei rogues are really not a big deal.

I like how they can just remove blockade of X race + Y class combo to artificially expand 'content' of any xpack... and people will keep buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    There is no confirmation that she is a druid...?

Sure she says she fights with "teeth and claws" but that might be just a metaphor. She doesn't use any druidic abilities, she might as well be a shaman...

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah in a game with dragons, demons, world tearing magic of all kinds, gnomes tanking giants and other high end fantasy stuff, Tauren and dreanei rogues are really not a big deal.
    Of course I have zero issue with “fantasy things” like spells or weird creatures of any size but there should be a sort of basic coherence.

Vanish and stealth are not magic abilities, they are physical abilities. I have no problems with a dragon that can stealth himself via magic, I have problems with a gigantic cow having the physical ability in succeeding stealthing or in gnomes being able to swing using ultra heavy weapons and moving using ultra heavy armor.

- - - Updated - - -

But Darkspear Trolls, Night Elves, Tauren, Highmountain Tauren, Zandalari, and Kul Tirans are all natives to Azeroth.

They had a really opportune moment to add a unique druid race for Alliance with Mechagnome (Alliance are behind by 1 in races that can be druid). They could have made them into transformers, using magi-tech to resonate their technology on the same frequency as Azeroth's natural magics to put them in tune with the emerald dream and channel the powers --- there were already models for robotic bears, cats, etc. as well. But they chose not to do this.
    Why though?
    The class of druid is not connected to any wild god specifically.
    A nightelve druid chose to connect to a specific wild god.
    As do zandalari.
    Both druids both completly different forms of druidism. (sure gameplay wise exactly the same but not lorewise)
    Everbody CAN be a druid as it has been shown with Worgen.
    An connection to the emerald dream... why not? It is just another dimension. Not like we are connected to it intinsically. Rather the opposite as the emerald dream shows azeroth without sentient involvment.

I think the ONLY class restrictions that ever made sense was phyisical classes being restricted to races where it is feasible. A tauren rouge is stupid. As is a gnome warrior... but there they are so just open up everything for everyone.

well... maybe not DemonHunters. There is no need to make new ones. The whole reason for their existence is gone. They literally achived theri goals an no one has to go through this agony again. For now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, we've had Tauren rogues since... Vanilla? Grimtotem Tauren have Rogues.

We have Undead Paladins casting Unholy Light.
    We have a Blood Elf Druid in Botanica.
    We have Draenei Rogues with the Rangari.
    We have hints of a Night Elf Shaman in Dragonflight.
    We have Warlock Draenei with the Erudun.

The only weird one to me is the Tauren Mages.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Wylyth1992 View Post
    This has to be a troll. Like, seriously, there is nothing preventing Draenei and Tauren (lore wise) from being Rogues. Seriously, hooved animals in real life are fully able to be stealthy. And as for Priests, this is more of a thing of Priests having both the Light based Holy and Discipline specs and the Void based Shadow spec.

Also, a cool name for a Forsaken Paladin order would be "The Flagellants". You know, since they feel pain when the use the Light.
    Well, there is no lore reason from preventing Draenei to be rogues, but Tauren? Come on… they are HUGE… it’s not the average hoofed gazelle we are talking about, but a BULL!

As for Forsaken Paladins: Why not? Priests turned undead kept their powers (and their moral standards…) and even though a lot of people still believe they have a vulnerability to holy damage, they haven‘t…

In general, I would like blizzard to put some more effort into thinking about race/class combinations other than the min/max crowd demanding to combine the best racial with the perfect class.

I would love a system like the legacy in SW:TOR where you actually have to make an effort to unlock rather odd combinations…

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Of course I have zero issue with “fantasy things” like spells or weird creatures of any size but there should be a sort of basic coherence.

Vanish and stealth are not magic abilities, they are physical abilities. I have no problems with a dragon that can stealth himself via magic, I have problems with a gigantic cow having the physical ability in succeeding stealthing or in gnomes being able to swing using ultra heavy weapons and moving using ultra heavy armor.
    Vanish and stealth are 100% shadow magic. They turn you completely invisible, it's not "hide behind the tree but we make you invisible for gameplay purpose". It literally makes rogue invisible as you can see in canon cinematic with Thrall and Saurfand where they are ambushed by two rogues.

So yeah, it doesn't matter how big the rogue is. Also Tauren and Dreanei aren't that much bigger than Kul Tiran or Zandalari Trolls anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Vanish and stealth are 100% shadow magic. They turn you completely invisible, it's not "hide behind the tree but we make you invisible for gameplay purpose". It literally makes rogue invisible as you can see in canon cinematic with Thrall and Saurfand where they are ambushed by two rogues.

So yeah, it doesn't matter how big the rogue is. Also Tauren and Dreanei aren't that much bigger than Kul Tiran or Zandalari Trolls anyway.
    I don’t remember stealth and vanish being considered “magic” back in Vanilla but time passed by and I may remember wrong.

If they are magic skills instead, of course no problem in Tauren and Draenei rogues anymore for me. Will never ever create one because their size just don’t fit my rogue fantasies, but ok.