Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Could have been the same for Demon Hunters, wouldn't you say?
    Not really. As I said previously, the game as it is currently designed requires a faction choice. Lore-wise I'd say sure, but mechanically it simply doesn't pan out.
    WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?. - Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

Why are they there, helping the factions?
    The same reason the Cenarion Circle, Earthen Ring, Argent Crusade, Ebon Blade, etc. help out the factions: they have a vested interest in some of the same things, and where those interests intersect, they assist the factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    At this point, nobody plays WoW for the lore anymore. The devs certainly don't care. The roleplay community is pretty much dead compared to the 2013/2014 era. Orcish paladins standing in Stormwind will be an amusing sight, though.

Worgen should have always been able to be paladins, so that's a plus.

Mmmmmm. Orc Paladins. No more Blood Elf Paladins. Such a win-win for me!

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    Hmm, interesting, although it seems they are just supposed to represent the enemy players, but still interesting.
    "For their service, the Alliance and Horde welcomed the Illidari as allies in the war against the Burning Legion."

Metzen, lore's dad, called it stupid, i'm just pointing out to you that having something in an RPG doesn't mean it's okay
    It's okay.
    It doesn't always become canon. That's all.

What nonsense, lol. Remove demon hunters after Legion just because they're not part of the factions?
    They're butchering the lore, according to you, with playable faction-divided Demon Hunters, no?

It's both history and culture, lol. Light-based culture and history due to the Legion chasing them for 13,000 years. The Broken turned to the Elements, not the Fel.
    The Broken were affected by the Fel.
    Look at the Argus ones. Do they not look fel tainted? Velen had no problem aligning with them. Neither did the Lightforged. Common goals usually break previous barriers.

And what to do with already created characters? Delete them? It's called gameplay reasons.
    But, what if gameplay tramples lore?

Mardum takes place during the time of BC, after which they are locked up for 10 years. And they start by fighting demons, what's the point of tying them to a faction?
    Same as tying Death Knights.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Not really. As I said previously, the game as it is currently designed requires a faction choice. Lore-wise I'd say sure, but mechanically it simply doesn't pan out.
    Why? Their starting zone doesn't allow it?

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    The same reason the Cenarion Circle, Earthen Ring, Argent Crusade, Ebon Blade, etc. help out the factions: they have a vested interest in some of the same things, and where those interests intersect, they assist the factions.
    In a faction PvP Battleground Brawl?

In a faction PvP Battleground Brawl?
    Oh, those specific four demon hunters? Beyond the gameplay reason of "We need this class represented by AI?" Individual demon hunters are able to do what they want; if those four demon hunters opted to assist the factions along the PC demon hunters, they're able to. It still doesn't speak to the demon hunters at large selecting factions. Keep in mind that faction flags do not designate someone belongs to that faction (e.g. Baine appearing with an Alliance flag in Stormwind).

Oh, those specific four demon hunters? Beyond the gameplay reason of "We need this class represented by AI?" Individual demon hunters are able to do what they want; if those four demon hunters opted to assist the factions along the PC demon hunters, they're able to. It still doesn't speak to the demon hunters at large selecting factions. Keep in mind that faction flags do not designate someone belongs to that faction (e.g. Baine appearing with an Alliance flag in Stormwind).
    "For their service, the Alliance and Horde welcomed the Illidari as allies in the war against the Burning Legion."

it won't happen because of how much work it will need
    they don't give a single fuck about lore, they will add warlocks or warriors to all races, but DH will never be to all races because doing free customization is impossible for them
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Why? Their starting zone doesn't allow it?
    I mean, sure, if you want your game experience limited to like 2% functionality, by all means.
    WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?. - Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

What new interview?

Wouldnt be normal to link the source of that interview?
    Or are we talking about our personal wishes?

I mean, sure, if you want your game experience limited to like 2% functionality, by all means.
    Huh? Only for their starting zone. How is that limiting?

Huh? Only for their starting zone. How is that limiting?
    Because the rest of the game is largely inaccessible or in various states of brokenness due to not having any available services or hubs.

and yet the refuse to increase the character cap. 50 seems way to small now.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

And both the Horde and the Alliance welcomed the Grimtotem as allies at different points in time. That doesn't make the Grimtotem members of the factions.

Because the rest of the game is largely inaccessible or in various states of brokenness due to not having any available services or hubs.
    You get to select a faction once you leave the starting zone.

And both the Horde and the Alliance welcomed the Grimtotem as allies at different points in time. That doesn't make the Grimtotem members of the factions.
    A contingent of Grimtotem are allies of the Horde.
    "The Grimtotem are currently split into two main camps: those led by the powerful shaman Magatha Grimtotem, who gained leadership after marrying the previous leader, who had died shortly after in an "unforeseen climbing accident"; and those led by Jevan Grimtotem, who are loyal to the Horde and renounced Magatha after the part she played in Cairne Bloodhoof's death. Jevan's Horde Grimtotem are about a quarter of the pre-split Grimtotem population."

The alliance with the Alliance didn't last:
    "In desperation, the Grimtotem strike up an alliance of convenience with the Alliance forces within Stonetalon.
    Later on both the Horde and the Alliance, due to hostilities being re-opened between them and Magatha's Grimtotem, would begin attacking the Grimtotem based in Thousand Needles."

You get to select a faction once you leave the starting zone.
    Yes, but we were originally discussing what happens if you don't.

Honestly, as many as said, Blizzard clearly doesn't care about the lore, so why not let us at least play as any Race + Class combination, regardless if it makes sense or not. Though, this is also why I prefer FF14, the classes/ jobs were designed to be usable by ANY of the playable races.

I think it's a great idea. For example, no more night elf fans trying to gatekeep druidism. And I never understand why a human couldn't take the path of the elements and learn to be a shaman. It's about time.
    change can't wait.

As I said earlier, homogenization seems inevitable. It's easy and cheap. And since lore hasn't been a concern since WoD...if they can bank on a core few hundred thousand paying subs at any one time and keep them happy then it's all about maintenance.

My preference however is rewriting the lore and introducing new ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    My preference however is rewriting the lore and introducing new ideas.
    You're in luck, SL has showed that's exactly what Danuser and pals are doing (for a certain value of "new ideas").
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Yes, but we were originally discussing what happens if you don't.
    Then, you're not part of the factions. Period. Not in gameplay, nor in lore. Which, isn't the case with Demon Hunters.