Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    it won't happen because of how much work it will need
    they don't give a single fuck about lore, they will add warlocks or warriors to all races, but DH will never be to all races because doing free customization is impossible for them
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Why? Their starting zone doesn't allow it?
    I mean, sure, if you want your game experience limited to like 2% functionality, by all means.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I mean, sure, if you want your game experience limited to like 2% functionality, by all means.
    Huh? Only for their starting zone. How is that limiting?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Huh? Only for their starting zone. How is that limiting?
    Because the rest of the game is largely inaccessible or in various states of brokenness due to not having any available services or hubs.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

and yet the refuse to increase the character cap. 50 seems way to small now.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

"For their service, the Alliance and Horde welcomed the Illidari as allies in the war against the Burning Legion."
    And both the Horde and the Alliance welcomed the Grimtotem as allies at different points in time. That doesn't make the Grimtotem members of the factions.

Because the rest of the game is largely inaccessible or in various states of brokenness due to not having any available services or hubs.
    You get to select a faction once you leave the starting zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    And both the Horde and the Alliance welcomed the Grimtotem as allies at different points in time. That doesn't make the Grimtotem members of the factions.
    A contingent of Grimtotem are allies of the Horde.
    "The Grimtotem are currently split into two main camps: those led by the powerful shaman Magatha Grimtotem, who gained leadership after marrying the previous leader, who had died shortly after in an "unforeseen climbing accident"; and those led by Jevan Grimtotem, who are loyal to the Horde and renounced Magatha after the part she played in Cairne Bloodhoof's death. Jevan's Horde Grimtotem are about a quarter of the pre-split Grimtotem population."

The alliance with the Alliance didn't last:
    "In desperation, the Grimtotem strike up an alliance of convenience with the Alliance forces within Stonetalon.
    Later on both the Horde and the Alliance, due to hostilities being re-opened between them and Magatha's Grimtotem, would begin attacking the Grimtotem based in Thousand Needles."

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    You get to select a faction once you leave the starting zone.
    Yes, but we were originally discussing what happens if you don't.

3+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, as many as said, Blizzard clearly doesn't care about the lore, so why not let us at least play as any Race + Class combination, regardless if it makes sense or not. Though, this is also why I prefer FF14, the classes/ jobs were designed to be usable by ANY of the playable races.

I think it's a great idea. For example, no more night elf fans trying to gatekeep druidism. And I never understand why a human couldn't take the path of the elements and learn to be a shaman. It's about time.
    change can't wait.

As I said earlier, homogenization seems inevitable. It's easy and cheap. And since lore hasn't been a concern since WoD...if they can bank on a core few hundred thousand paying subs at any one time and keep them happy then it's all about maintenance.

My preference however is rewriting the lore and introducing new ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    My preference however is rewriting the lore and introducing new ideas.
    You're in luck, SL has showed that's exactly what Danuser and pals are doing (for a certain value of "new ideas").
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Yes, but we were originally discussing what happens if you don't.
    Then, you're not part of the factions. Period. Not in gameplay, nor in lore. Which, isn't the case with Demon Hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    You're in luck, SL has showed that's exactly what Danuser and pals are doing (for a certain value of "new ideas").
    Tell me you're not abusing sarcasm...

Tell me you're not abusing sarcasm...
    Not in the slightest. You stated you wanted "rewriting the lore". Would you argue that's not exactly what's being done?

You stated you wanted "introducing new ideas". Would you disagree that's been done as well? Note that I said nothing of the quality or quantity of those new ideas.

My post simply stated "Be careful what you wish for" in other words.
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Not in the slightest. You stated you wanted "rewriting the lore". Would you argue that's not exactly what's being done? You stated you wanted "introducing new ideas". Would you disagree that's been done as well? Note that I said nothing of the quality or quantity of those new ideas. My post simply stated "Be careful what you wish for" in other words.
    Rewriting the lore doesn't mean retconning stuff to the point where it becomes anything goes.
    And I have to wonder if Danuser is part of the problem.

My thinking leads to changing things from the ground up, in essence altering the game in various ways.

Rewriting the lore doesn't mean retconning stuff to the point where it becomes anything goes.
    And I have to wonder if Danuser is part of the problem.

My thinking leads to changing things from the ground up, in essence altering the game in various ways.
    Could you please provide an example? I'm not seeing how "changing things from the ground up" is terribly different from retcons.

Good, there is no reason to have these limitations.
    Mother pus bucket!

Could you please provide an example? I'm not seeing how "changing things from the ground up" is terribly different from retcons.
    I can only give a broad outline at the moment, and repost some stuff I posted in other threads.
    First, rewrite the history and timeline. (No retcons, ever)
    I'd want a rewrite on the whole factions... three, possibly four factions. The one big problem child in the horde will always be forsaken. A 300lb gorilla in the room that the others in the horde try to ignore for the sake of fitting them in...but when have the forsaken been interested in fitting in?
    I have ideas for 3-4 factions, one of which would be for the player that enjoys being the bad guy. (Some people seem to like Warhammer's "chaos gods" so this gives them an option to be so...dark and edgy in WoW)
    Yea...ideas not far from my own. I'd go back to the original races in the game and pace things out.
    Some added elements would be classes that would bridge the original factions in the same way druids connect Elf with Tauren. Such as "Sunwalkers" with Paladins. A friction would develop as I'd also add "Scarlet Crusader" into the mix. (Essentially not quite Human supremacists but more "Alliance" supremacists...Varian once had dialogue that condemned the "monstrous" races. He could fit the bill as a former commander trying to attone for earlier atrocities...or he could still be an a-hole. Still working on it)

As for a 4th faction...it wouldn't technically exist. It would be dedicated to evil and only your character would be in the know. Eg, a rolled Forsaken is "neutral," and as far as anyone knows the toon is trying to find its humanity (or similar) by simply doing better in its unlife. ...or it hates all life and wants the world to become a massive graveyard..."Hail Arthas, pray for us!

Not looking at any races after MoP just yet.
    Duly noted...I was checking out the histories earlier. In my own narrative I think the High Elves might be too prickly to keep.. On the first italicized...that word "forsaken" I just never liked it. I think I can see where you're at with it..with elves and humans, living and undead...but...
    On the 2nd italicized..."sentinel" does work...but likely differently from your perspective. I'm not seeing a faction as I see another potential subclass that may bridge factions.
    Well, my narrative would use "Forsaken" for playable races that no one might play...such as murloc; gorloc; saurok...(especially the "Skumblade" tribe whose filthmongers cultivate roaches, rotting meat, sewage...)

But I'd have to fit them in a narrative that could see them as "playable" to begin with. hmm..a challenge. Yes, I see at least murlocs could fit...
    In my own "rewrite" of the lore, sunwalkers would be a subclass of paladin. Most of the mechanics would be the same; but sun and sunlight would definitely be the theme and the iconography and appearance of their spellcraft would be different. And it should be because...""sunwalker" is a good word to use and so fitting for Tauren.
    To be fair Blizz isn't likely interested in fixing the problems of the lore...which really sucks. I for one would go back to basics to trace out making coherent consistent sense of the races/classes. Some things would be outright banned...such as a night elf Warlock. Other pairings might be considered exceptions, but only when it makes sense. And for that to occur the game itself would need a flexibility that doesn't exist regarding specs. A Tauren Rogue will never be "subtle" or an "assassin." But an "outlaw?" Doable, but the other two specs would have to fit. Perhaps the hunter's "marksmanship" and "survival" or the warrior's "arms" and "protection."

10+ Year Old Account
    Priest/Mage/Rogue is a good start. Wonder what they'll do next?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything