Evoker Resource: Essence

Evokers use "essence" as a resource which automatically regenerates over time. They spend it on "prismatic magic" abilities.

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxS5qJwl3...wBQRM8A4zHrBmL

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds pretty interesting, but isnt it just energy or mana then? A resource that comes back overtime? So somewhere in between energy and mana I'm guessing.

Interesting. He said that we won't generate it (like Rage or Fury; Focus as well sort of?) but it's there in the background and restores itself, sounds like Energy under a new name to me, which could be interesting. I wonder if all abilities would use it or certain abilities, so much to learn come Alpha (or sooner)!

They are like the Wizard in D3. Despite its name, a wizard in d3 is more like a sorcerer in Dungeons and Dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    They are like the Wizard in D3. Despite its name, a wizard in d3 is more like a sorcerer in Dungeons and Dragons.
    I've been saying since the announcement that Evokers are WoW's interpretation of Sorcerers. It's cool to fill that niche.

I'm sure the Essence regen will play a part in the Empower mechanic. Like, I can't charge to stage three for a couple more seconds, so I'll just use stage two of this spell right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can imagine a Bronze magic cooldown restoring Essence more quickly.

This sounds like it'll function similarly to Sage from FF14 for Preservation at least. They generate a resource called Addersgall passively and have a CD that lets them fill it instantly. It's used to power their big heals and restore mana.

They already said they will use mana as main resource.

It more sounds like Holy Power or like Chi that MW used in MoP only that it will regenerate passiv wihtout then eed of using spells to get it. Would not be suprised if this would be used for the empowered ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatuin View Post
    They already said they will use mana as main resource.

It more sounds like Holy Power or like Chi that MW used in MoP only that it will regenerate passiv wihtout then eed of using spells to get it. Would not be suprised if this would be used for the empowered ability.
    And, also like Monks switching from having both dark and light chi, Essence might change dramatically over the course of alpha/beta.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    And, also like Monks switching from having both dark and light chi, Essence might change dramatically over the course of alpha/beta.
    I think about that every now and then; it would've clashed completely with how Monks ended up thematically, I'm glad they scrapped that.

But I do sometimes wonder how it would've worked with all the skills they have.