Poll: what allied race combo preorder would be better

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
... LastLast
  1. #181
    They normally release Allied Races in pairs right? And so far the only two models (not counting the Pandaren) that havent been used are the Worgen and the Undead. Don't want to dissapoint the people who are sick of Calia and the idea of Sanlayn elves but there has been an awful lot of movement from Blizzard on that front lately. The whole "light forged undead" and Dark fallen appearance options seems pretty likely from where I'm standing.

    No clue what they would do for the Alliance counter part though. Saberon use the model and they're pretty badass. But that's probably wishful thinking on my end.

    little aside the latest PTR has an encrypted splash screen of all things now. Whatever they're going to put on that "tada guess whats new in this patch" screen must be obvious or a BIG speculation point players have been gunning after for awhile. I bet we might finally get the (allied race when?) answer with it.

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Ok, to be clear, you are saying something that "take more effort" is not "harder"
    Yes. Look at every post I made on this subject here, I have been clear to say simpler, not easy, to indicate effort, and not difficulty.

    You are basically saying everything is the same, which is completely bonkers

    you can't say with a straight face that some things are not easier or harder to do.

    By example, a drawing, yes, everything is doable, what matter is effort and time, but drawing an entire action scene of multiple people vs a face, you easy know what is harder by the amount of details necessary. if you want then to be int he same level of quality.

    Like i said, is easier to make a recolor than an actual new race, you have less time and less effort into one.
    But that isn't a matter of ease. It is a matter of effort and iteration. That's a massive difference to something being not be able to be implemented because it is too hard. There's literally no issue with art being prevented to be added because of difficulty. It is all proportional to the amount of time the company wishes to spend on the content creation.


    Is it hard for them to make a female Ogre model? Is it difficult to make a dozen different hairstyles each for Male and Female? Is it hard to make sure all helmets fit on a Ogre head that has a horn in their forehead? Nothing here is particularly difficult or hard to do. Anyone can literally point out these things are not actually hard, just like the person I originally replied to was making a point of. Yet the point I'm making is nothing about this is simple either, because this laundry list of 'not so hard' things to do still takes a ton of time and effort to implement.


    Ogres, IMO, are in no position to be made into a player race unless they put effort into getting them to work. Their proportions aren't the same as Kul Tiran, so even if they choose to use the Kul Tiran animations and skeleton, it would require a lot of tweaks to their models and proportions, and ultimately that requires new concepts and new models to work. Again, more effort than it's worth at that point. I would imagine they would only really consider it an option if there was a strong story hook to have them playable in the future. And frankly, I don't really see it happening either way considering Ogres aren't really as popular as people might think they are.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-05-13 at 06:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonflight10 View Post
    Most people who wanted tuskarr will play it and go omg im a walrus, then quit 1-2 month because blizz didn't put X thing in the game

    pathetic
    I voted for tuskarr, but you're not wrong in my case. They're not really new main material for me; I'd rather have naga, but I voted for what I could wrangle into making sense narratively in my head. I don't really know where naga would suddenly come in and just like, hang out with the Alliance and Horde?

    Ogres are great but I don't care for vrykul much at all, and the new gnoll models are terrific so they were nearly my first choice.

    I think Darkfallen are pretty cool otherwise, and depending on how they're implemented, it could be a chance for Blizzard to try out making a class skin.

    Plus, if we had to get a Shadowlands-themed allied race, I'd really prefer darkfallen to actually getting anything from the Shadowlands itself. All those races ought to stay in their realm, or at least be special when they're outside it. Having them playable just seems odd to me!

  4. #184
    Tuskarr of course or vrykuls.

    but we all know it will be another elves reskin.

  5. #185
    As long as they're made available for non pre-purchaser in 10.0 or a future patch, I'd say I want something about the expansion which mean Tuskarr, Gnolls or Vrykul.

    With all the focus they've done on tuskarrs, I think they're the most likely to be featured in Dragonflight as an allied race.

    Even if vrykul are not yet announced for Dragonflight, they have a close link to dragons as they're excellent dragonriders. Just don't put another elf variant that can simply be a customization for existing elf races. It's boring?

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    I voted for tuskarr, but you're not wrong in my case. They're not really new main material for me; I'd rather have naga, but I voted for what I could wrangle into making sense narratively in my head. I don't really know where naga would suddenly come in and just like, hang out with the Alliance and Horde?

    Ogres are great but I don't care for vrykul much at all, and the new gnoll models are terrific so they were nearly my first choice.

    I think Darkfallen are pretty cool otherwise, and depending on how they're implemented, it could be a chance for Blizzard to try out making a class skin.

    Plus, if we had to get a Shadowlands-themed allied race, I'd really prefer darkfallen to actually getting anything from the Shadowlands itself. All those races ought to stay in their realm, or at least be special when they're outside it. Having them playable just seems odd to me!
    i put ogres together with vrykull just bc ogres would never be a neutral race. they are from the horde, and i was just thinking that they would pair really good with then as a ally counterpart. don't know what could be together with then, botani or broken maybe? botani gives an incredibly huge ally vibe.

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcos Voadores View Post
    i put ogres together with vrykull just bc ogres would never be a neutral race. they are from the horde, and i was just thinking that they would pair really good with then as a ally counterpart. don't know what could be together with then, botani or broken maybe? botani gives an incredibly huge ally vibe.
    Oh, apologies, I wasn't trying to bash that particular lineup or anything! It definitely makes sense, like both factions get a "giant" race, right? Not to mention ogres built huge ships in the past, and vrykul are all about sailing around too, so they absolutely work as counterparts - very well, actually, especially if the Horde can get ogres back into shipbuilding.

    Personally though, and I know vrykul would be way, way more popular of a choice, I think ogres and krokul would make a pretty cool combo, since both are prominent in Outland, and Outland seems to be slowly crumbling away. Perhaps some of the ogres who came over to Azeroth in the Mag'har recruitment quests see it as their mission to go rally their kin?

  8. #188
    If the preorder came with Vrykul id almost be tempted, but even then, honestly theres alotta stuff that makes me second guess my interest in wow atm until they fix their core systems and so much more.

  9. #189
    Field Marshal Lynnaroo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Under your table
    Posts
    52
    I really wouldn’t want any if the race is exclusive with the preorder, being unavailable after release. Honestly sounds like something modern blizzard would 100% do.
    "Lol" said the scorpion, "lmao"

  10. #190
    Well I think another elf race would be kind of funny at this point, although Darkfallen certainly have a reasonable chance of popping up as Horde choice.

    Now, call me a square, I do still want a "pretty" race - I don't really want Tauren/Gnome/Goblin/Dwarf reskin. Option I'd like would be Eredar, but I don't think that one is happening for another 2-3 expansions.

    I also would rather have them beef up existing races customization some more. Some of the allied races also have almost nothing.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2022-05-14 at 01:35 AM.
    All my ignores are permanently filtered out and invisible to me. Responding to my posts with nonsense or insults is pointless, you're likely already invisible and if not - 3 clicks away. One ignore is much better than 3 pages of trolling.

  11. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnaroo View Post
    I really wouldn’t want any if the race is exclusive with the preorder, being unavailable after release. Honestly sounds like something modern blizzard would 100% do.
    no it doesn't

    no one is saying exclusive to pre-order

  12. #192
    High Overlord Obvious10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fishing on the Echo Isles
    Posts
    122
    No preorder!

    But I would like to have them all.

  13. #193
    Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2,503
    It should come with murlocs. Red ones for Horde and blue ones for Alliance.

  14. #194
    I would say tuskar as they're epic, but i hate playing tiny races. Would be naga

  15. #195
    When can i be Kobald? You no take candle!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    How the fuck is this trolling?

    Discussing moderation is against the rules. Infracted.

  16. #196
    It's high time for those shitheads to make Vrykul playable. Let me guzzle ale from the teat of Northrend's best. Fuck the rest.

  17. #197
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    15,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Yes. Look at every post I made on this subject here, I have been clear to say simpler, not easy, to indicate effort, and not difficulty.
    Basically you are just playing with words, cause if something take more effort it will be harder than doing something with no effort at all.


    But that isn't a matter of ease.
    But you said if they were easy they would already be in the game.

    when things are in or not are not a matter of being easy or harder, even whent hey are, indeed, easy to do.

  18. #198
    Brewmaster Whitedragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Definitely not behind you
    Posts
    1,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    I wouldn't mind Mogu or Sethrak.
    Tuskarr can go Alliance by the snakey bois should be Horde.
    Man if Horde is getting something cool like Sethrak, I want Arakkoa for the Alliance lol.

  19. #199
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    But you said if they were easy they would already be in the game.

    when things are in or not are not a matter of being easy or harder, even whent hey are, indeed, easy to do.
    I didn't say if they were easy they would already be in the game.


    Someone said it took them 5 seconds to fix a laundry list of problems that get in the way of Ogres being playable.

    And I said, "If it were really that simple they would already be playable."


    In other words, "If it really took 5 seconds for Blizzard to add Ogres, they would have made them playable without a second thought". Understand? I'm really not sure if this is a language barrier thing, but we took many pages of circling around to what I've come to realize as a possible misunderstanding of a very common English phrase.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-05-16 at 06:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

  20. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    It's high time for those shitheads to make Vrykul playable. Let me guzzle ale from the teat of Northrend's best. Fuck the rest.
    People complain about too many elves but people really want "humans but slightly larger"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •