Poll: what allied race combo preorder would be better

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
LastLast
  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    People complain about too many elves but people really want "humans but slightly larger"
    Cooler humans, that's what Vrykul are. Tuskarr are certified fresh but I'm not interested in playing fucking fatties.

  2. #202
    if they're gonna do something its going to be a 9.2.5 wrapup of the forsaken's story with cali creating more lightforged forsaken potentially being able to go both to the alliance and horde

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    1.) Ogres are Dumb as hell. Only an Ogre with 2 Heads is somehow capable. This is an big issue since an 1 Headed Ogre does not have the intelligence to do anything than simple Work.
    except the ruler in the arena in Kargath story and the warlord in Grommash story... or did they reach high positions by doing "simple work"?
    afaik, the two-headed are better in magic, but that doesnt mean one-headed are morons...

  4. #204
    i really think if they would do something like "pre-purchase early unlock for allied race in legendary edition for 80 bucks" they should add something thats popular and different from what we have in the game.
    from my point of view we would have as main choices:
    - Tuskar
    - Ogres / vrykull
    - Sethraks.

    any of those 3 would make HUGE sales. lore can be written easily having all class all races combos and dracthyr coming out of nowhere even if people really want bard, tinker or dark ranger as new class show us that they can come up with anything, an high inteligent ogre tribe ( they are not dumb, they created a full empire in they continent) Tusk and sethrak could be neutral, alot of people asking for more netural races, even murlocs could be something ( there is a quest where u help murky rise a new generation of inteligent tadpoles in legion)

    but i mean, its almost certain that we are having a new race or customizatino options for elfs in next patch. with this, i think tha chances for the leak been true in this part are really low now.

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    .
    More importantly, I remember you saying you dont like tuskar and no one wants to play them cus they are fat or what ever. How fast you made that switch, is it because the poll proved you wrong?
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-05-16 at 03:04 PM.

  6. #206
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    15,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    More importantly, I remember you saying you dont like tuskar and no one wants to play them cus they are fat or what ever. How fast you made that switch, is it because the poll proved you wrong?
    I didn't say i didn't want then, i said blizzard didn't want then, which i true, cause even Ion said that.

    I also said they will not be much popular among people, which is, again, true, as seems this fanbase is filled with elf lovers.


    Im all for adding anything that isn't elf., or look like an elf

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I didn't say if they were easy they would already be in the game.


    Someone said it took them 5 seconds to fix a laundry list of problems that get in the way of Ogres being playable.

    And I said, "If it were really that simple they would already be playable."
    Easy and simple are synonymous, lol

    You are again jus dancing around words here


    Easier, simple, take less effort, pick it, and tis all apply here.some races are just easier/simple, take elss effort than others., but those ar enot the only variables to make one plaayble or not.

  7. #207
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Easier, simple, take less effort, pick it, and tis all apply here.some races are just easier/simple, take elss effort than others., but those ar enot the only variables to make one plaayble or not., but those ar enot the only variables to make one plaayble or not.
    And no where did I claim it was the only variable. But it is a considerably significant one if it were practically effortless. Some of the biggest reasons why they don't add certain races is literally because they don't think it's worth the effort.

    If it really took Blizzard 5-10 seconds to add Ogres to the game, you really think it wouldn't affect their decision to add them? Really?
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-05-17 at 10:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

  8. #208
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    15,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Okay, so what problem do you have with my reply to that guy who said he solved all of the Ogre's problem in 5-10 seconds? He implied the solution was easy, and I said if it were really that easy then they would already playable.
    Because even if its easy, the matter of they being playable or not is by blizzard wanting or not wanting then.

  9. #209
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    Tbh I never really got the Tuskar hype. They're definitely funny and unique race, but would people actually play them? Than again I also didn't think people'd Vulpera, and I was very wrong.
    If their racials are even slightly better in high end pve/pvp people will flock to it.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

  10. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Because even if its easy, the matter of they being playable or not is by blizzard wanting or not wanting then.
    So why don't they want Ogres? Do you actually know the reasons?

    If not, I can say that I'm expressing my opinion that they don't want to because it takes too much effort, and if it were easy then they would want them. And I'll simply say I disagree with your opinion that they don't want Ogres playable for any other reason than the effort involved to add them, considering Ogres are already part of the Horde in the lore and have been Horde allies since Warcraft 3 and Vanilla WoW and developers like Metzen openly expressing a desire for playable Ogres.

    Easy and simple are synonymous, lol
    'That girl is simple' is not synonymous with 'That girl is easy' :P
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-05-17 at 10:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    These are superfluous issues.

    1.) Change the lore, there's a new race of smart ogres called Shrekies created by Cho'Gall somewhere on Draenor to be the master race or something but they broke away ahh now they joined the Horde. One and 2-headed options.

    2.) So make one.

    3.) Just set the collusion box down to their waist and let their heads clip through doorframes. Not like Blizzard gives a shit about all the other clipping in the game.

    4.) Ogres wear plenty of armor, there's ones wearing whole ass Iron plated knight armor in Draenor and shit. Don't tell me it hasn't been done.

    Boom, solved all your problems and it took like, 5 seconds, 10 tops.
    It only took you "5 seconds" because your solution to the issues is either "totally change the lore" or "who cares".

    It's the same as saying you solved world hunger in 5 seconds because you said "just give them food"
    Last edited by arkanon; 2022-05-17 at 10:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I like WillE just as much as the next guy
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    i have several gay friends at work, and i know at least 6 other gay people

  12. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    So why don't they want Ogres? Do you actually know the reasons?

    If not, I can say that I'm expressing my opinion that they don't want to because it takes too much effort, and if it were easy then they would want them. And I'll simply say I disagree with your opinion that they don't want Ogres playable for any other reason than the effort involved to add them, considering Ogres are already part of the Horde in the lore and have been Horde allies since Warcraft 3 and Vanilla WoW and developers like Metzen openly expressing a desire for playable Ogres.
    This is the same Blizzard who randomly updates geosets for non-playable races and have them fit so that they can decorate them in player armor or armor they make specifically for those models / race. Or not at all, for some god forsaken reason. I believe Naga were updated in this way, as were other things that still retain unplayable status.

    AKA: I don't think it's purely because of effort. I think it's a combination of factors, including if they really want to add it or want it at the moment.

  13. #213
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    15,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    So why don't they want Ogres? Do you actually know the reasons?
    I do know the reasons, but it will not matter a bit, cause we will go for the same play with words again, that doesn't change the point of adding then being easy/simple or not.


    'That girl is simple' is not synonymous with 'That girl is easy' :P
    Right, you show to us that synonymous are not the exact same thing all the time.

  14. #214
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    This is the same Blizzard who randomly updates geosets for non-playable races and have them fit so that they can decorate them in player armor or armor they make specifically for those models / race. Or not at all, for some god forsaken reason. I believe Naga were updated in this way, as were other things that still retain unplayable status.
    The thing is the gap between 'high effort put into an NPC' and 'made playable' is quite significant.

    NPCs only need to support a handful of armor designs and Blizzard can call it a day. Most unique NPC races like Sethrak or Naga aren't built to support 100% of the gear in the game, like helmets, backpieces, tabards etc. To get all that working even for a simple humanoid like an Ogre is a lot of effort. Just the presence of a forehead horn means they have to modify all helmet proportions to make fit, or else deal with a horn that will ultimately poke through.

    Or with a Sethrak or Naga, all they have to do is make one model and leave the rest to slight color variations and that's about it. With a playable race, people are gonna expect a wealth of customization options like different hairstyles, different face textures, horn option, etc etc.

    So yeah, they can affort putting a lot of effort into NPCs, and even give them some customization options to boot. Or even give them custom animations, like Sethraks with crazy long tails. But taking that step to making them playable would still add on hundreds of additional of man hours making tweaks and adding customization options that is usually not worth the effort unless they had a real good reason to.

    The last time we saw this was with Kul Tiran, where they didn't plan on them being playable but made a last minute to (because they felt it necessary to balance out addition of Zandalari on Horde) and it still took them months after BFA was released to be added.

    Blizzard were not originally certain that they would be able to pull off Kul Tirans as an allied race from a technical and artistic point of view. Making a new playable race from scratch is one of the most time-consuming parts of an expansion's development, and as a result most allied races are variants of existing races. Kul Tirans are an exception to this norm, as they have a completely unique model with a new animation rig. In terms of art resources, this made them just as costly to create as, for example, the pandaren in Mists of Pandaria and more time-consuming than every other allied race combined. Because of this uncertainty, only Dark Iron dwarves and Zandalari trolls were announced as post-launch allied races at BlizzCon 2017. However, as development of Battle for Azeroth progressed, the team felt increasingly bad about this and felt that since the main story of 8.0 revolved around befriending the Zandalari and Kul Tirans, having both races become playable was what the story deserved. They realized that they could make Kul Tirans playable if they stretched, but it wasn't going to be able to happen until patch 8.1.5. Once this was settled, it made the most sense from a story perspective to pair the Kul Tirans with Zandalari. Thus, Zandalari were moved back until 8.1.5 so they could be released alongside Kul Tirans, while Mag'har orcs, originally slated for 8.1.5, were moved forward to 8.0 as the Horde equivalent to Dark Irons.[9]

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Right, you show to us that synonymous are not the exact same thing all the time.
    Simple means something basic and not complicated. Easy means not difficult.

    The best example of the difference between simple and easy is writing. You can decide to sit down and write a book, which is simple as all you need to do is type on the computer. While it seems simple, writing is not the least bit easy. You can simply write words, but it’s not easy to have them make sense with a plot and detailed characters.

    They are not synonymous even in the context which I used it in. I don't know what you're still complaining about. Your argument was that being easy and hard has nothing to do with Ogres being added, and I even agreed with you because my original statement had nothing to do with the difficulty of adding Ogres. It was about being an obvious reason to have them playable if it were literally effortless.


    I do know the reasons, but it will not matter a bit
    It doesn't matter because you know 'the reasons' are just a matter of your opinion, and you no longer have an argument. Like, you know there's nothing you can say that ends up invalidating anything that I've said. If it were as simple as taking 5-10 seconds, Blizzard would make Ogres playable, that is one reason why they would make them playable. Nothing in that statement implies there couldn't be other reasons. Like, anything you literally argue here beyond that is just a matter of opinion lol. That's it.

    Bye.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-05-17 at 11:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

  15. #215
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    15,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Bye.
    Once again, playing with words, trying to be condescending and not getting to any point at all.

  16. #216
    I think an allied race being included with the pre-order is almost certain because of the pre-order announcement delay. They are probably doing some last minute polishing on the new allied race.
    Pally Collector, 650+ Mounts, 1600+ Pets, 600+ Toys, 30000+ achieves.

  17. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Once again, playing with words, trying to be condescending and not getting to any point at all.
    lol, cuz you never had a point in the first place. That's why you're cutting out my entire reply. All you ever had was a difference of opinion.

    That's why you're bouncing out of this without explaining any of your so called 'reasons'. You don't actually know what Blizzard wants. Put up or shut up, as they say. You got nothing to lose.

    Bye.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-05-18 at 12:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

  18. #218
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    15,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    lol, cuz you never had a point in the first place. That's why you're cutting out my entire reply.

    That's why you're bouncing out of this without explaining any of your so called 'reasons'. Put up or shut up, as they say. You got nothing to lose.

    Bye.
    Im cutting because its just random babbling, you are tying to make the response longer because you have no point at all. Like 3 paragraphs to say something harder is not harder, because take more effort. lmao


    Your main argument of "if something is easy/simple they would be already playable" is false, deal with it.

  19. #219
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Your main argument of "if something is easy/simple they would be already playable" is false, deal with it.
    Then prove to me it is false.

    You can't.

    Bye.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

  20. #220
    I want Ethereals to be playable

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •