Poll: what allied race combo preorder would be better

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm gonna go with Tuskarr and Gnoll. They made a note of a female Tuskarr model in the announcement and Gnolls (who play a role in the expansion) also have an updated model with the same model as Worgen now. All the allied races we have received so far are a skeleton of a pre-existing race, Tuskarr are the same as Panderen and Gnolls with Worgen.

Legendary!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Because they are cool and a good counter pick to vulpera. Vulpera make no sense and are in. So, why not Sethrak? Heck, i'd be fine with the faithless remnant trying to reform themselves and picking a new path.
    I mean Vulpera make just as much sense as the Sethrak. both races were helped by adventurers but Vulpera chose Horde because Alliance attacked them. but yeah Sethrak is another that should be open to both.

Naga would be an entire race. I dont think they would do an allied race, as their story needs to be told at the racial start.

But I would love to see them. But I highly doubt that they are the race.

It is far more likely it is the fuckin darkfallen meaning yet again another elf race reskinning both night elves and blood elves. I'm fine with it, because it opens more options... but I seriously want something else than elves.

Give me double snakes (naga and sethrekk) 2 monstrous races that would thrive.

Only race I actually truly want is Naga, besides that the rest are just skins for existing races to me.

FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Yeah, while Naga is the one race I've wanted for the longest time as well, but they are way too big of a race to be happening as an allied race imo

- - - Updated - - -

But both Darkfallen and Man'ari can simply just be extra customizations for the Draenei and elf races tbh, they don't need another elf race option.
    Could just do what they did with the night warrior customizations or what they did with the high elf customizations, just add it onto an existing race.

I think a Darkfallen with some Dark Ranger-style racials would make a lot of people very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    nope. they were added in 7.3.5 but only made available with the prepurchase of BfA
    So we agree they were added in Legion. I should have explained my point in more detail, those allied races were added in Legion because it made sense for those races to be added at that time, not when BFA launched, if you get me? So my point really was that if the timing for an allied race being added fits with the current story/situation then it makes sense to add them in at the time. Basically, the AR system doesn't just have to belong to BFA.

Legendary!
    Quote Originally Posted by ABK Morgan View Post
    So we agree they were added in Legion. I should have explained my point in more detail, those allied races were added in Legion because it made sense for those races to be added at that time, not when BFA launched, if you get me? So my point really was that if the timing for an allied race being added fits with the current story/situation then it makes sense to add them in at the time. Basically, the AR system doesn't just have to belong to BFA.
    It was a BfA feature and the early ones were explicitly tied to the pre purchase of BfA. So yes, they belong to BfA

I don't understand why people still wishes for Naga when it's simply not possible.
    THEY HAVE NO LEGS!
    THEY CAN'T RIDE MOUNTS!
    And considering how much issue Blizz have with doing basic things like making Nightborne actually look like the NPCs, I heavily doubt they will ever figure out the above problems or even choose to toss money at it.

Legendary!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    I don't understand why people still wishes for Naga when it's simply not possible.
    THEY HAVE NO LEGS!
    THEY CAN'T RIDE MOUNTS!
    And considering how much issue Blizz have with doing basic things like making Nightborne actually look like the NPCs, I heavily doubt they will ever figure out the above problems or even choose to toss money at it.
    They’ll have a humanoid form which they use to ride mounts, if they ever get introduced

They’ll have a humanoid form which they use to ride mounts, if they ever get introduced
    I can't recall a humanoid form for Naga has ever been mentioned? Got any info on that? And wouldn't that also defeat the purpose of the race? They are serpentine people with snake tails for a lower body after all.

I can't recall a humanoid form for Naga has ever been mentioned? Got any info on that? And wouldn't that also defeat the purpose of the race? They are serpentine people with snake tails for a lower body after all.
    There's at least one example of a naga disguising herself as an elf, but overall it's really not their style to do that. I suppose any breakaway group becoming playable could make it their style, though.

Otherwise there's brutes, who do have legs, but I really agree--playable naga should have their snake tails, not legs. The tails could be contorted any which way a mount might need, so I don't really see the need for them to have legs, either.

Legendary!
    I was more saying that if they got introduced that’s how they would handle that. But yeah it would definitely be a complicated thing to introduce

I'm making my predictions:

1.) Naga with the humanoid Elf form would be cool but I think they want Naga & Dreadlords to be the quintessential villain races of WoW.

2.) Tuskarr are like 99% chance to be an allied race: Just look at those multiple facial hair options & equipable headwear, but definately going to be a mid to late expansion AR, like Vulpera & Mechagnomes. Brefriending these new Tuskarr is part of Dragonflight's storyline. Most likely Tuskarr for Alliance & Gnolls for Horde, since gnolls are a classic tabletop villain race like orcs & trolls.

3.) Just like with the Tuskarr, of the Shadowlands allied races, which got a selection of modular hairstyles? The Venthyr; as well as had a few blood elf hairstyles: I think this was because they intended those hairstyles to be reusable for the Darkfallen AR. In fact I'm surprised I can't find a mockup of someone putting those hairstyles on a belf, because they obviously work since the devs already copy-pasted some of the blood elf hairs onto the Venthyr.

It was a BfA feature and the early ones were explicitly tied to the pre purchase of BfA. So yes, they belong to BfA
    Doesn't seem like your grasping the point i am making. The fact they were tied to the BFA pre-purchase is irrelevant to the point i am making. The Allied Race "system" can be used in any expansion, the fact the original AR were part of BFA is irrelevant.

I am voting for elves. Because I want wood elves. Wood elves are awesome. They eat people.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I think a Darkfallen with some Dark Ranger-style racials would make a lot of people very happy.
    just a really small part, most part don't even like then. ogres are FAR more requested then then, sethraks are far more requested. its a really small part of the players that want this. but yeah unfortunately they are going to be added. i doesn't make any sense adding the 5th elf recolor. that's just really bad work and really boring.

botani or mogus would be really an incredible addition in place of elfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Starney View Post
    I want ogres.
    Me too. As a Race not an Allied Race.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    Could go out of left field and give them Saberon.
    I actually tried to ignore races from Draenor. Not because they aren't cool, hell at this point Danuser has me dreaming of a plot as sensible as WoD, but because the Horde jumping back to Alternate Draenor again for an Allied Race seems really weird. Otherwise the Arrakoa skeleton isn't actually that far off from existing playable skeletons either. I mean they could go really simple and give Purified Undead to the Horde instead (though I would prefer they be Alliance) and have the Arrakoa converted by Yrel. /shrug

I want to add as a caveat, I do not see us getting additional Allied Races right now. If Blizzard had some extra selling feature planned? They would tell us. More importantly though, Allied Races was a good and fun system from a previous expansion. If we know one thing about Blizzard it is that they absolutely will NEVER bring back the good things they did previously. Goes against their nature. Case in point? Where are my Troll and Draenei Heritage Armours? Or anyone else's for that matter, those two just seemed like really good candidates since Orcs/Humans/Night Elves/Undead all had warfronts.
    I feel like the world but especially these forums needs to see a return of Good Citizenship Classes. That I keep needing to explain to people that private organizations saying "You can't say that here" is them exercising their Freedom of Expression not them impeding yours AND that the enshrined legal right to say something abhorrent does not protect you from the consequences of saying such things, is an absolute indictment of whatever education system these people have gone through.

Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    the leak is true, and we already know what the race is gonna be.

It's called a Dracthyr and it only has one class available called Evoker.
    Dracthyr are not considered allied races though.

Quote Originally Posted by Porcos Voadores View Post
    just a really small part, most part don't even like then. ogres are FAR more requested then then, sethraks are far more requested. its a really small part of the players that want this. but yeah unfortunately they are going to be added. i doesn't make any sense adding the 5th elf recolor. that's just really bad work and really boring.

botani or mogus would be really an incredible addition in place of elfs.
    Again Ogres don't make sense as an Allied Race? Core race sign me the fuck up. Botani and Mogu aren't rigged for armour use, as cool as they are. I agree with the rest of what your saying; I would rather we get "Class Skins" than Darkfallen to actually placate the Dark Ranger crowd.
    I feel like the world but especially these forums needs to see a return of Good Citizenship Classes. That I keep needing to explain to people that private organizations saying "You can't say that here" is them exercising their Freedom of Expression not them impeding yours AND that the enshrined legal right to say something abhorrent does not protect you from the consequences of saying such things, is an absolute indictment of whatever education system these people have gone through.