Poll: what allied race combo preorder would be better

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ugh, just give me my vrykul already. All the other weird and unusual people get represented nowadays, why not tall people (and no Kul Tirans do not exactly match that idea, they look close to ogres; paint 'em green and put weird ears on them and it's literally Shrek... i might need to find a transmog set to make a Shrek now).
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Airickson View Post
    There's no shot they would lock an allied race behind a paywall
    They literally did this for the first 4 allied races.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Minor? Saved their leader and one of their essential artifacts for the story. Also fought off the faithless for them. Just cause the alliance is not canonically in the dungeon quest it does not mean their contributions weren't sizeable It doesn't have to be the faithful either.
    But, it matters not. It can be the remnant of the faithless joining in search of redemption. Vulpera had no reason to join the horde until their scenario. Lore is made up. It serves the content.
    The point is i want a more animalistic but still proud race for the alliance to make variety better. I think they fit the bill. It subverts expectations while keeping the alliance feel. Horde can get Ogres. Horde players clearly want that more. Even if they are neutral i don't mind.
    Obviously Blizzard can make up any lore for any reason, but that does not mean it makes sense or players will be satisfied with it. Shadowlands/Sylvanas case in point.

As for Sethrak, you've probably not played Voldun as a Horde player anytime recently if you think Alliance's interactions with the Sethrak are even remotely as noteworthy as the Horde ones are.

As for Vulpera, Alliance sent literal death squads to hunt down the Vulpera during the Voldun assault, and the Horde is tasked with saving them.

I think you're also mistaken if you believe ogres are universally requested by Horde. A subset of player are loud about wanting them, yes, but I reckon just as many would rather never see them playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    They literally did this for the first 4 allied races.
    I think maybe he's misunderstanding Early Access with prepurchase for it being available exclusively with prepurchase.

Obviously any allied race becoming available with prepurchase would eventually become available to everyone buying Dragonflight, including post launch.

As was the case with Nightborne, Highmountain Tauren, Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves.
    Last edited by Unlimited Power; 2022-05-07 at 06:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

I'd kill for snek ppl, I would change faction for them.

Tbh I never really got the Tuskar hype. They're definitely funny and unique race, but would people actually play them? Than again I also didn't think people'd Vulpera, and I was very wrong.

I was always vocally for Sethrak, even over a dragon-themed race because they have really neat lore from what we do see of said lore, if we ended up getting both this expansion, it'd probably lock me back into playing for the first time since Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been wanting ogres since warcraft 3, but if they didn't do it in WOD or BFA, they won't do it in a dragon expansion.

I've wanted gnolls and naga since forever, and tuskarr since Wrath. But naga have had three revamps by now, so the gnoll and tuskarr revamps probably don't mean anything when people are really, really loud about wanting Darkfallen, high elves, and ogres.

And I don't see myself buying the expansion. Whatever becomes a new race, if anything at all, will be something I get when they become part of the base game.

Order of preference if it's a "new" playable race and not just a reskin or colour variation of an existing playable race: Broken, Mok'nathal, Quilboar, Furbolg, Tuskarr, Gnoll, Wolvar, Arrakoa, Jinyu, Hozen(lul), Vrykul

If it's just reskins...probably: Yaungol, frostborn/iron dwarves/wildhammer, any kind of elf

IDK why people love snakes so much. They've always looked kinda dumb to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    Tbh I never really got the Tuskar hype. They're definitely funny and unique race, but would people actually play them? Than again I also didn't think people'd Vulpera, and I was very wrong.
    i would race change all my characters to tuskarr in no time.

moar elves plox!

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustardisbad View Post
    Been wanting ogres since warcraft 3, but if they didn't do it in WOD or BFA, they won't do it in a dragon expansion.
    never lose hope! I always wished for Furbolg and Ogre core races and still do; same as Broken Draenei and Alteraci Human allied races
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Vrykul makes the most sense.

When you use toys to transform into a vrykul form, it actually changes your tooltip when you hover over a player (i.e. "Level 60 Vrykul Warrior).

No other transformation toy does that.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    There are actually 4 issues with ogres:

1.) Ogres are Dumb as hell. Only an Ogre with 2 Heads is somehow capable. This is an big issue since an 1 Headed Ogre does not have the intelligence to do anything than simple Work. But this is not really an necessarity by giving every ogre an visible Trinket out of an Apexis-Crystal
    Would that limited them to LFR only then?
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    At no point have I claimed people weren't getting gold from the token or that gold can not be used to acquire power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    p2w is not inherently unfair.

7+ Year Old Account
    Its amazing and depressing how almost 50 people wanted the option of another boring elf recolor. Community is truly doomed

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    Boom, solved all your problems and it took like, 5 seconds, 10 tops.
    If it were really that simple they would already be playable.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    If it were really that simple they would already be playable.
    Why do you assume something is playable because its simple or would be or not be playable by the levels of simplicity??

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Why do you assume something is playable because its simple or would be or not be playable by the levels of simplicity??
    Because the entire premise is that they would easily be implementable therefore they should be playable?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Because the entire premise is that they would easily be implementable therefore they should be playable?
    They being easy to implement is one of the reasons of why they should be playable(even when sometimes those variables are not rly related, as some other things are easy but should not be implemented), but its another problem

They are not playable, not because they are not easy to make, but because blizzard don't wanna. This is true for other races as well, hell, even customizations, there is tons of skin colors that are locked to npcs, and we can't use, and not because it would be hard to implement, its quite, easy, they did some in shadowlands, they just didn't wanted to do all.

Most people who wanted tuskarr will play it and go omg im a walrus, then quit 1-2 month because blizz didn't put X thing in the game

pathetic