Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Upcoming Tuning Changes to Classes and Items [Updated] - May 3, 2022

Upcoming Tuning Changes to Classes and Items - May 3, 2022
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    With our next scheduled weekly maintenance (May 3 in this region), we intend to make some tuning adjustments to several classes and one item.

Classes

Death Knight
    • Blood
      • The First Eidolon’s Soulsteel (2-piece) set bonus: maximum Strength stack cap is now 40 (was 75).

Hunter
    • Beast Mastery
      • All damage abilities increased by 4%.
        • This change does not apply to PvP combat.

Monk
    • Windwalker
        • This change does not apply to PvP combat.

Rogue
    • Outlaw

Warrior
    • Arms

Warlock
    • Affliction

Items

• Gladiator's Echoing Resolve now increases the duration of crowd control by 25% (was 20%), now lasts 12 seconds (was 15 seconds), no longer increases the duration of root effects, and no longer causes the target to become immune to root effects.

We’ll include the final adjustments in our hotfixes update next week after the tuning goes live.

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We’ve worked through a couple of modifications to our plans.

Classes

Death Knight
    • Blood
      • The First Eidolon’s Soulsteel (2-piece) set bonus: Heart Strike now increases the duration of Dancing Rune Weapon by 0.33 seconds (was 0.5 seconds).
      • The First Eidolon’s Soulsteel (2-piece) set bonus: maximum Strength stack cap is now 40 (was 75).

We will modify the planned adjustment to the Dancing Rune Weapon extension from the 2-piece bonus, reducing the maximum stack cap of the Strength bonus down to 40 from 75. Our initial goal was to rein in the power from the overall set bonus as it far exceeded our expected value for a tier bonus when played well. However, this nerf also hit the lower end harder than intended while also making Blood feel worse playing around optimal gearing and mechanical play to maximize the potential of the bonus. We will instead shift to reducing the maximum Strength cap so that the playstyle of the set bonus remains relatively unchanged but the damage capabilities (and to a lesser extent some of the defensive power) are pulled back some to a more appropriate value.

Rogue
    • Outlaw

We’d like to extend our thanks to the community for all of your discussion on the proposed adjustments. We really appreciate being able to harness the power of your feedback before making changes to the live game.
    Last edited by Lumy; 2022-05-02 at 10:14 PM.

Do blizzard Hate DHs.. never ever any fix for them or increase.. if we had 2 dps specs and one was bad other better its okay... but when we only have 1 dps spec..

Quote Originally Posted by Xecetoz View Post
    Do blizzard Hate DHs.. never ever any fix for them or increase.. if we had 2 dps specs and one was bad other better its okay... but when we only have 1 dps spec..
    And your DPS spec is doing fine. Actually I've looked up the statistics: DPS DH is not only fine, but actually very good. What the hell are you crying about? You should go back to playing a regular hunter.

Also finally all those BM hunters stop making their daily whining threads.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2022-04-29 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xecetoz View Post
    At least DH has some utility to justify taking them. WW has absolutely nothing. And DH is above middle of the pack on damage anyways.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Enhancement Shamans Single Target damage is really nice, but I would like to see a buff to their AoE capabilities, it just feels incredibly bad on fights like Anduin, where you go from 1st in dps to near last in less than a minute.

I'm just stunned by how stupid that blood dk nerf is.

Don't get me wrong, that set deserved a nerf but of all things, why are they nerfing the gameplay aspect of it?

For the first time since they deleted breath of sindragosa from blood dks, blood dks had some skill based ability you could greatly extend by playing properly or lose if you didn't, and that's the part they decide to throw away, not the 4p giving you upwards to 75% more strength or the blatantly broken runic power generation from having 2 rune weapons.

That nerf is just an insult to fun and game design in general, they managed to kill the fun and the minmaxing while keeping the broken part intact...

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never really understood what's the point of these 3-4% changes, the gap between performances is way bigger than this. Doesn't make any sense unless it's getting multiplicated by all the borrowed power stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    I never really understood what's the point of these 3-4% changes, the gap between performances is way bigger than this. Doesn't make any sense unless it's getting multiplicated by all the borrowed power stuff.
    Well, it says "ALL" damage abilities - it doesn´t say it gets 3-4% increase in damage. It is going to end up a bit more than just that if you play it right.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Out of the bottom 6 specs, Blizzard buffed of all them but Arcane. They really seem not to know what to do with that spec.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Gladiator's Echoing Resolve now increases the duration of crowd control by 25% (was 20%), now lasts 12 seconds (was 15 seconds), no longer increases the duration of root effects, and no longer causes the target to become immune to root effects.
    Ah good, so instead of nerfing this awful trinket they removed one of the ways to negate it. Brilliant.

Ret paladins are garbage right now and they never do shit WTF

Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoTorres View Post
    Ret paladins are garbage right now and they never do shit WTF
    ?????????????????? Tell me you don't play the game well without saying it.

They aren't garbage, but certainly not a super great pick right now either. In fact, I don't think I saw a single world first in the Sepulcher that even brought a Ret Paladin to a fight.

I think a lot of it is the tier set being too reliant of RNG compared to otehr spec tier sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Celvira View Post
    They aren't garbage, but certainly not a super great pick right now either. In fact, I don't think I saw a single world first in the Sepulcher that even brought a Ret Paladin to a fight.

I think a lot of it is the tier set being too reliant of RNG compared to otehr spec tier sets.
    And why exactly are we basing our judgment regarding classes on what got picked by RWF guilds?

They need every % because they are doing the encounters in their most unnerfed state with barely enough gear.

Meanwhile Johnny Awesome doing Halondrus with 30 second bomb timers does not require his class to be at the tippy top imo.

Even if we look at recent DPS charts, Ret is bottom-mid at best. Like I said, Ret is definitely not garbage, but it's tier set bonus could use a bit of love. Legendaries are fine if you spec Kyrian

Am I the only person scratching my head at why Hunter hasn’t been nerfed?

Quote Originally Posted by Celvira View Post

.... Please don't ever use the rwf for this.

BM Hunter only get a 4% buff? We need at least 20%!

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Gladiator's Echoing Resolve now increases the duration of crowd control by 25% (was 20%), now lasts 12 seconds (was 15 seconds), no longer increases the duration of root effects, and no longer causes the target to become immune to root effects.
    Ah good, so instead of nerfing this awful trinket they removed one of the ways to negate it. Brilliant.
    I'm not sure I understand your problem here.

So Demo and Destro are already top2 and Blizzard decides to buff Affli? I guess having two excellent dps specs is not enough?