Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

is Hearthstone too expensive?

Many decks out there rely on having multiple legendaries, this holds true specially for Highlander decks in the current standard rotation. We also have to take into consideration that if you want to stay competitive then you need multiple decks. On top of that, cards get rotated out of standard. Every patch that brings new cards shifts the meta and you have to addapt, some decks become useless.

It's getting bar impossible for FP2 players to keep up. I tried crunching numbers and it seems currently unaffordable for me. This is considering that you get a (guaranteed) random Legendary after oppening 40 packs, and the 40 pack bundle costs 50€

My "dream" deck is a Quest/Plot Twist warlock with 6 Legendaries. Yes, I can substitute some of them, but after replacing 2-3 legendaries then the whole deck starts falling appart. To be able to craft this deck would require me to disenchant all of my legendaries, and even then I wouldn't have enough dust. So in order to get the 6 Legendaries, using the pitty timer, it would take 240 packs (300€) and they are all random.

Rastakhan's Rumble, The Boomsday Project, and The Witchwood sets are rotating out in around 3 months. It encourages you not to invest on decks right now.

Do you believe that Hearthstone is too expensive?

A nice addition would be to add the ability to trade cards so that it becomes easier to switch between decks. Even if they added a small transaction fee per trade, I bet many people would use such system.

I enjoy HS because you can play it when you have downtime on the go (commuting on the subway, etc). But playing 1-2 decks is starting to get monotonous. It's pushing me into Battlegrounds and Arena (not particularly fond of them)
    Last edited by Ragnarohk; 2020-01-16 at 11:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I pay $20 a year, if that.

So, no.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Many decks out there rely on having multiple legendaries, this holds true specially for Highlander decks in the current standard rotation. We also have to take into consideration that if you want to stay competitive then you need multiple decks. On top of that, cards get rotated out of standard. Every patch that brings new cards shifts the meta and you have to addapt, some decks become useless.

It's getting bar impossible for FP2 players to keep up. I tried crunching numbers and it seems currently unaffordable for me. This is considering that you get a (guaranteed) random Legendary after oppening 40 packs, and the 40 pack bundle costs 50€

My "dream" deck is a Quest/Plot Twist warlock with 6 Legendaries. Yes, I can substitute some of them, but after replacing 2-3 legendaries then the whole deck starts falling appart. To be able to craft this deck would require me to disenchant all of my legendaries, and even then I wouldn't have enough dust. So in order to get the 6 Legendaries, using the pitty timer, it would take 240 packs (300€) and they are all random.

Rastakhan's Rumble, The Boomsday Project, and The Witchwood sets are rotating out in around 3 months. It encourages you not to invest on decks right now.

A nice addition would be to add the ability to trade cards so that it becomes easier to switch between decks. Even if they added a small transaction fee per trade, I bet many people would use such system.
    Make your own deck for starters. No rule says you have to make a deck that somone else made or theorycrafted. Play Tavern Brawls where you choose decks and Battlegrounds no cards are necessary. I have easily made 6k gold and earned 30 packs just from BGs alone.

It will be if the adventure with new cards kicks in.

No, when it has 2 expansions and 1 adventure per year.
    You dust all wild cards when the year has 3 expansions.

Now Blizzard made Adventure has new cards in it.
    This will get real expensive.
    It might help if we can dust them when they rotate out.

Playing arena only almost infinite so no. would love to give the developer some money but since they dont do anything for the arena community its a big no for me. Not even a Leaderboard or any stats. Battleground just got released with all new stats.. really blizzard!!

Sorry for the rant.

I don't pay and I enjoy that game.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post

I enjoy HS because you can play it when you have downtime on the go (commuting on the subway, etc). But playing 1-2 decks is starting to get monotonous. It's pushing me into Battlegrounds and Arena (not particularly fond of them)
    As a casual play, no. If you aim for the ranks, it can become.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Competitively, probably. I just play the Solo Adventures. Decks aren't an issue then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I've been playing over 6 years (yes early access alpha/beta) - I've probably spent 300$, which I mean is a lot of money to a lot of people - but that 300$ over 6 years of time is nothing to me

I generally play an expansion, take the next off.

When i take the expansions off, I still do quests, currently i get ' complete x priest games' I just queue in play mode and then go and do that dishes or something.

battlegrounds is also taking more of my time up now

10+ Year Old Account
    this question keep popping up all time, and the answer is out since ages

for a front page topic, ranked 5th, last answer is feb 4th?
    seems hearthstone forums is dead here, i was checking it now to see any news about the leak and just answered what i thought was fresh topic, not over a month old :|
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    I have bought ONE pack, during beta, for money.

I have bought every single adventure/expansion for gold.

Expensive, not really..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

HS is only expensive for new players. Blizzard should really fix that. For players who have played for a long time, you get into a certain loop that you can just craft meta decks and buy adventures with purely ingame currencies without spending a single cent. Dont play Wild though.

I think you want to play too many decks to remain f2p though. I have no problem because I never actively play more than 1-3 decks.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2020-03-18 at 04:49 AM.

it is very expensive if you decide to buy everything with money instead of actualy playing the game lol,havent spent anything in a few years on it,still have multiple meta decks,granted its all for standard,i guess wild could be harder and new players in general would proly have a more difficult time,but mostly they would lack in variety of meta decks,its still fairly easy to make a decent cheap meta deck early on

I think I've bought one expansion with money (icecrown) but the rest I've bought with gold. It's really easy to get gold. I went down to 400 from the last adventure and am back to 2200+ gold.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Well the no duplicates until you have x2 of every card in a rarity will change a lot of these cost issues. I have spent no money at all and I enjoy the game. I saved up 15000 gold last year and was able to make multiple decks. Save your gold = profit.

Also on a side note, getting dailies done is super easy when your spouse plays too because after like 5 turns you can just conceded and get completion for class based win quests. So many ways to cheese the system. Hell you could just have 2 accounts so you could play yourself.
    Last edited by Unholyground; 2020-03-20 at 02:58 PM.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

As a new player there's no reason to start playing. You're wasting your time

Battlegrounds is completely free which most people are playing. If you are good at arena and can average at least 7 wins, you can pretty much keep playing for free aswell. Ladder is quite expensive if you want to try out several decks, but its not impossible to reach legend as F2P as you can make a cheap aggro deck like face hunter. They are making adjustments in the next expansion to make the game more friendly to F2P/returning players.

3+ Year Old Account
    As a person who has no credit card and has to rely on either iTunes money, I'm going to say yes. I would've bought the pre-pack the came with the Rastakhan Shaman hero, but I was massively broke at the time. Still kicking myself for not buying him when he was available. Unless Blizzard brings back pre-order heroes for a limited time

However I often spend about $40 buying supplies for painting miniatures (figures and paint), but I can actually use my money for that lol
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.