Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Blizzard was never really creative. Starcraft was supposed to be a Warhammer 40k clone, Warcraft is generic Tolkien fantasy and Diablo was just a D&D Rogue-like.

They originally started out as a graphic design studio and managed to popularize obscure genres by making them more "cool" and accessible. Using their newfound piles of cash, they went on to make products that are now nothing more than nostalgia bait. That's about all there is to Blizzard's "creativity", especially at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer that everything after Wotlk/Cata was more Azerothian problems where stuff happened in Azeroth, in currently existing places that would constantly, in every expansion change a lot of the already existing zones so that the world wouldn't feel so static. And that would also include having more dragons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    Blizzard was never really creative. Starcraft was supposed to be a Warhammer 40k clone, Warcraft is generic Tolkien fantasy and Diablo was just a D&D Rogue-like.

They originally started out as a graphic design studio and managed to popularize obscure genres by making them more "cool" and accessible. Using their newfound piles of cash, they went on to make products that are now nothing more than nostalgia bait. That's about all there is to Blizzard's "creativity", especially at the moment.
    That being said, until about 2010, Warcraft universe was pretty interesting and fine, even if not the most creative new thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    True.

Legion at least had some redeeming qualities about it. BfA and Shadowlands... ehhh
    This is what we called hyperbole mixed with nostalgia mixed with cynicism.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

The sky is falling.

Problem is blizzard cant do well stuff they dont know. Ideally they couldve kept exploring the pantheons and the universe, but the best they can do is some disaster like the Jailer/Sylvanas. So better to stick to known lore, unfortunately at the expense of growing the games lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DujeBelak View Post
    Dragons. The most common foe associated in vast majority of other games. We had them before , we have them again. Nonsense. Lazyness at maximum.
    The Landscape wasn't impressive at all. Legion looked far better. Nostalgia wins over and one wants to bring Back Grizzly Hills 2.0.
    Dragonkin race and class, cmon I could make up something grander.
    Dragon place, dragon lore, Heavily dragon association everywhere. No thank you. Terrible.
    The magic is gone. They are trying too hard now. Overhaul of UI. Talent points will divide playerbase. This is an insanely bold move that in my opinion will impact game in more negative way especially older players who are used to current setup and skills.

Apparently some Giants are foes and more dragons once again. Giants? Giants and Dragons, Is that all you can come up with? The trend and eternal circle of BS continues , same thing as many other games of this generation. Reused assets, remastered, reforged versions of 1.5 decades old games, Bringing back older characters. I have zero interest in Wow as I did in ages Fan boys will be milking money to Blizzard a a lot nontheless.

Amusing truly it is these mega fans drooling over a Dragon as if its they saw creature first time in virtual world of WoW especially. It shocks how deluded people are and limited. There is nothing remotely interesting about new expansion. Any MMO is prone to decay and decline, Its funny how players still live in their own divided world, unwilling to accept that Wow is history.

I sense strong Illusion of "new" things. You will be highly disappointed. Your excitement is too strong now.

'Hope is a first step on a road to disappointment -- Blizzard.
    Nice blog post, mate. Or is this a rage thread? I quit threat? Naw, you've already quit I sense, as you are not impressed by "common foes". When did you quit? The Burning Crusade? I surely guess you aren't playing Classic?

Don't like the selected content for the next expansion, then you are welcome to not play? Things don't always have to be dark and edgy. Some themes will repeat themselves because... *drumroll* .. these themes aren't completed yet? Just look at Legion, look at Shadowlands, themes we've had before, heck, even Battle for Azeroth are repeated themes, and now, Dragonflight.

What theme would you like then, as you seem so disagreeing with common foes of the game world, for, we are running low on themes to pick from then?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I mean the expansion seems extremely lame but I think WoW is just old as hell and the art team can't even carry it anymore.

Looks like a damn playstation 3 game now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    U forgot skeletons
    Or bats
    Or demons..
    Or zombies..
    Or corruption..
    Or traitors..
    Or spiders..
    Beasts?
    Rocks, rocks can be foes on the way to your path of adventure?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Dragons. The most common foe associated in vast majority of other games. We had them before , we have them again. Nonsense. Lazyness at maximum.
    The Landscape wasn't impressive at all. Legion looked far better. Nostalgia wins over and one wants to bring Back Grizzly Hills 2.0.
    Dragon place, dragon lore, Heavily dragon association everywhere.
    Ya it's a bit too much dragon. So I been asking them kindly to reel that in a bit.(Rethink Evoker class and not bind people to the Dracthyr form against their will) I am actually excited for the idea of dragons again.. even tho it is a repeat. Still even since Classic there was heavy dragon influence. We've had it in a couple of expansions..

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Dragon Riding is a carbon copy of Guild Wars 2 flying, it even has the exact same animations.
    I was actually looking forward to this and hoping it is executed properly. It's not unheard of that they take inspiration from other games. I have personally never tried it.

The expansion just lacks every kind of ambition.
    I wasn't really getting those vibes. I got more or less early production vibes. Why I said I am curious to see what they will advertise in the upcoming months. Then we get a real strong feel for the expansion.

I feel like I have read numerous times that when Microsoft acquires the company and the game will do a bounce back. I've been apart of a company that sold out before. The only thing that felt that really changed was the structure on how we worked. Not the actual work itself. So I don't know why people think the buyout next year will drastically change the expansion we play and I hope Blizzard gets on board with selling a fun product. This is a pretty big IP to try to let it stagnate (tbh I felt that from all the Blizzard IPs) and neglect paying customers pleas.

As for players suggesting that people at headquarters are not creative. I have a hard time believing this. I feel like they aren't given proper funding and time. (the past couple of years) Actually people that made a game from that studio claimed it was exactly the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    i rather have some dragons than some oooh galaxy destroying super force that gets stronger and more dangerous each time
    Dragons reaches a broader audience. I had a friend already seem excited it was dragons and they are not a hardcore fan of the series.
    Last edited by Icelin; 2022-05-02 at 07:39 AM.

The problem is more that they have the attention span of a two-weeks-old puppy. Oh look, DEMONS ! But then a sword impales the planet !! Then some glowing shit erupts so we fight !! Then OMG LAND OF THE DEAD !!! Oh and what about DRAGONS ??

But otherwise, Dragons are cool. Let's see if they can make things around them interesting, or if it's just, heheheh, we have to help good dragons against that bad dragon doing bad dragon stuff, burning cities and all
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2022-05-02 at 07:36 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dragons are one of the best Fantasy Creatures. You are objectively incorrect. Even if you try to say I actually mean subjectively, no you are still wrong in all cases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Their creative team is just burnt out, that's all. The expansion has zero - I say it again - zero own takes on anything.

Talent system is 1:1 the old talent system mixed with what we have now.
    Eh... Didn't know they gave out alpha clients to the fanbase yet? For, right now, we know nothing about the talent system. I might not approve because a lot just waits for the cookie cutter, but at least I admit that we don't know hardly anything off the talent tree.

Dragon Riding is a carbon copy of Guild Wars 2 flying, it even has the exact same animations.
    This almost echoes the above. We hardly know enough about this other than a few methods, and animations. Not a fan of Dragonriding as it sounds, but once more, we're just wielding assumptions.

Dracthyr and Evoker... we have to see, but there's nothing "fresh" there either. Evoker has animations that are just a rip off of every other class, particularly Demon Hunter.
    This is motherfucking World of Warcraft. You have not seen new animations since we were given the new models. The only time you'll see new animations again, would be new models, or even a new engine.

The expansion just lacks every kind of ambition.
    I can partly agree but it is a needed step to get away from Shadowlands, and the bullshittery that the can of worms Sylvanas' lore opened. We're finally getting somewhere, progressing into a chapter that has been left vacant for a long time. And finally, as we see it, it is not just brain dead faction war, or demons, or undead..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    The problem is more that they have the attention span of a two-weeks-old puppy. Oh look, DEMONS ! But then a sword impales the planet !! Then some glowing shit erupts so we fight !! Then OMG LAND OF THE DEAD !!! Oh and what about DRAGONS ??
    Sooo... instead you want.. a complete conclusion of a theme before seeing another? I don't really feel a liking to the idea of three expansions of Demon fighting, following three expansions of Undead fighting, then three expansions of Dragons, then three expansions of elementals, then three expansions of night elves/naga, then three expansions of beast people, then three expansions of X faction, etc, etc, eth.

I am truly at a lose as to who this is aimed at. this comes off as a rant against someone who doesn't exist. like, I don't think I've seen anyone expressing any excitement for this next expansion beyond cautious optimism...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    I am truly at a lose as to who this is aimed at. this comes off as a rant against someone who doesn't exist. like, I don't think I've seen anyone expressing any excitement for this next expansion beyond cautious optimism...
    Just another blog post raging about not liking the theme/things might be too colorful/not edgy enough. etc. etc, pick something in their post, I guess?

Dragon place, dragon lore, Heavily dragon association everywhere. No thank you. Terrible.
    The magic is gone. They are trying too hard now. Overhaul of UI. Talent points will divide playerbase. This is an insanely bold move that in my opinion will impact game in more negative way especially older players who are used to current setup and skills.

Apparently some Giants are foes and more dragons once again. Giants? Giants and Dragons, Is that all you can come up with? The trend and eternal circle of BS continues , same thing as many other games of this generation. Reused assets, remastered, reforged versions of 1.5 decades old games, Bringing back older characters. I have zero interest in Wow as I did in ages Fan boys will be milking money to Blizzard a a lot nontheless.

Amusing truly it is these mega fans drooling over a Dragon as if its they saw creature first time in virtual world of WoW especially. It shocks how deluded people are and limited. There is nothing remotely interesting about new expansion. Any MMO is prone to decay and decline, Its funny how players still live in their own divided world, unwilling to accept that Wow is history.

I sense strong Illusion of "new" things. You will be highly disappointed. Your excitement is too strong now.

'Hope is a first step on a road to disappointment -- Blizzard.
    There is a saying here that goes something like "Better well stolen than poorly thought out.".

Creativity is fun, but as we've seen with Shadowlands it is a far cry from quality, and that ultimately matters more.
    If the game is good then creativity is welcome, if the game is bad then it is a waste of time.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    C'mon op, don't be a hipster. Dragons are cool and traditional, it's ok. They don't need to "subvert expectations", sometimes just water is nice.
    "Subvert expectations"
    Exactly, Since when should blizzard try to SUBVERTY EXPECTATIONS!?
    Should we not want them to like.. .MEET our expectations?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "Subvert expectations"
    Exactly, Since when should blizzard try to SUBVERTY EXPECTATIONS!?
    Should we not want them to like.. .MEET our expectations?
    Exactly. We expected Dragons, we are getting Dragons.

Next xpac we expect Turalyon's Gambit but since anything regarding the Light and the Void is a plot on their infancy, they can totally subvert expectations there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Or demons..
    Or zombies..
    Or corruption..
    Or traitors..
    Or spiders..
    Beasts?
    Rocks, rocks can be foes on the way to your path of adventure?
    As a Warrior main, I can confirm rocks are often my foe. No path my arse.

I'd rather have babby mode writing than whatever writing spawned BfA and Shadowlands.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

snip
    How brave of you to post this on a burner account. Have you considered quitting? If you have, it might be time to move on. She's just not into you anymore.

lmao imagine paying for this game when dozens of p servers do it better for free and then complaining about it on the internet. y'all in an abusive relationship